Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 216.
#9651 2 years ago

Does the Vengeance drop target have a code state where it can't be dropped when hit with the ball? Sometimes I hit it while playing and it doesn't go down, but when I test it with my finger it works every time.

#9652 2 years ago
Quoted from sebgrinke:

Does the Vengeance drop target have a code state where it can't be dropped when hit with the ball? Sometimes I hit it while playing and it doesn't go down, but when I test it with my finger it works every time.

No

#9653 2 years ago

thanks

#9654 2 years ago

That happens from time to time. Hit it hard and it just bounces the ball back without dropping.

#9655 2 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

That happens from time to time. Hit it hard and it just bounces the ball back without dropping.

Yep. This especially happens if one uses the washer fix on the drop target ledge to fix the drop target falling down on its own issue. Thinner washers can help.

#9656 2 years ago

This is common with any drop target really when you hit it dead on with velocity.

#9657 2 years ago

Known as "bricking". Less common on new games, but fairly common on older games. You can sometimes make adjustments for it....I've found that if the target spring tension is too strong on my EBD or MH, I get bricking more often. Looser springs have a tendency for more consistent drops, at least in a couple of my machines.

#9658 2 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Known as "bricking". Less common on new games, but fairly common on older games. You can sometimes make adjustments for it....I've found that if the target spring tension is too strong on my EBD or MH, I get bricking more often. Looser springs have a tendency for more consistent drops, at least in a couple of my machines.

Yea my 2019 made vault that has all the fixes still does it occasionally for a really, really hard direct shot. Maybe once every couple of games, rare.

#9659 2 years ago

It's happening more frequently for me. When I get time I'm going to try cleaning it etc. Thanks for all the advice - everyone here is so helpful!

#9660 2 years ago

My 80+ year old parents just visited me for several days.
My Dad doesn't play pinball, but my Mom does.
Star Trek is Mom's new favorite game.

#9661 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

My 80+ year old parents just visited me for several days.
My Dad doesn't play pinball, but my Mom does.
Star Trek is Mom's new favorite game.

Moms always know best.

#9662 2 years ago

Super frustrated by this black out mod. It’s a completely different connection than what I can find. Really don’t understand. It’s literally just this and not no connector like it was missed. It’s not the same as the posts. Does anyone have pics of how to connect this? The instructions are horrible. The white and blue are the wires from the black out board which is just soldered to the board and unfortunately disconnected so I had to solder it back

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#9663 2 years ago

That is a splice connector

#9664 2 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I’ll google it but I’ve never used one and the directions don’t even speak of it. They have a normal connector in them

#9665 2 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Ok, seems simple but it’s for 2 wires. Looks like there are 4 I need to connect. The blue and white and the other two running to the laser

#9666 2 years ago

Howdy guys. I bought an ST Pro back at the beginning of the year and I have to say, it is my absolute favorite machine. I just love how it flows so perfectly AND I never feel like it's "out to get me" if that makes any sense. If I miss a shot it's not the end of the world and I can recover fairly easily. Other machines I have feel like the entire table is set to drain a ball for even the smallest mistake. (I'm looking at you.. Stranger Things..)
Anyway, I love this game so much I am thinking about upgrading to a premium/LE when one becomes available in my area.

So my question to you long term Trek fans... What other games out there play like a Star Trek? What should I consider for future purchases?

#9667 2 years ago
Quoted from shaunpurslow:

Howdy guys. I bought an ST Pro back at the beginning of the year and I have to say, it is my absolute favorite machine. I just love how it flows so perfectly AND I never feel like it's "out to get me" if that makes any sense. If I miss a shot it's not the end of the world and I can recover fairly easily. Other machines I have feel like the entire table is set to drain a ball for even the smallest mistake. (I'm looking at you.. Stranger Things..)
Anyway, I love this game so much I am thinking about upgrading to a premium/LE when one becomes available in my area.
So my question to you long term Trek fans... What other games out there play like a Star Trek? What should I consider for future purchases?

The closest pin to Star Trek is Spider-Man. Layouts are very similar if you want that plays like it. If you like the flow the I think fun shooters like IMDN and JP would be good for you

#9668 2 years ago

Ok, Tom helped with this and here is how it has to look once complete

6A93328E-37C6-4E47-B19A-029C869662A6 (resized).jpeg6A93328E-37C6-4E47-B19A-029C869662A6 (resized).jpeg
#9669 2 years ago

A splice connector? Ouch.
I couldn't release a product with one of those

#9670 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

It didn’t work so I have to do some further tests when I get home. It’s not been easy to install so I’ll try again later today or tomorrow

#9671 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Right, that's so 1975.

#9672 2 years ago

A bit different layout, but if you like buttery smooth gameplay, LZ really is a lovely game. I bought a BKSOR Pro to sit alongside my ST Pro, and really enjoy it, but it is most definitely out to get you.

0510211958a (resized).jpg0510211958a (resized).jpg
#9673 2 years ago

There is a saying lots of us use here, and that’s get the game you like to play. As suggested, Spider-Man is similar, but personally I think they are very different. And Star Trek hits it on the head.

For flow, GOT Pro is pretty good. Lots of fast thinking before the next shot. I found Tron to be really good with flow when you’re hitting the shots.

But, don’t get too locked into one aspect, which leads to a single type of play collection. Play as many games as you can, and the good ones for you will rise to the top.

#9674 2 years ago

the mod is running

due corona molex connectors are hard to get here so i decided to use this clamps
they had no contact

its working that was counts

#9675 2 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

the mod is running
due corona molex connectors are hard to get here so i decided to use this clamps
they had no contact
thank god he has not tried this idea

connect 2 cables, could sometimes be complicate
[quoted image]

If that’s a dig at me I don’t appreciate it especially with no instructions on the splicers. The splicer is a crappy idea and it’s two very different gauges of wire. If you would of made it the same size maybe it would of worked but the one you put on was much smaller and actually didn’t cut the wire. I don’t expect to have to try to spend my time trying to guess how to install a mod.

#9676 2 years ago

manual was printed out and delivered.

no idea why it should not be inside

now its working and be happy wirth it

this was the last run, insider's wanted that i do this again

i am out of pin collecting a long time

#9677 2 years ago

Thank you everyone for the great feedback. I will try to find a Spiderman, GOT or LZ to play locally and see how they feel. I appreciate all of you.

#9678 2 years ago

Thank you everyone for the great feedback. I will try to find a Spiderman, GOT or LZ to play locally and see how they feel. I appreciate all of you.

There is also Fish Tales done by Steve’s younger brother Mark. Another fun (and punishing) shooter. Love backhanding the spinner on that one for the monster fish.

#9679 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

There is also Fish Tales done by Steve’s younger brother Mark. Another fun (and punishing) shooter. Love backhanding the spinner on that one for the monster fish.

I am way on team Fish Tales, but comparing it to ST is a bit of a stretch... let's call it a big lie.

Great game, but just an odd comparison. It can be angry though which can definitely compliment ST which is fairly friendly.

#9680 2 years ago

Slider man layout is almost identical. Never played it.

For flow.... Led Zeppelin is awesome. Even the pro is fun to shoot. JP is not fun imho. Shots are hard. Not good flow at all.

GOT sucks. Nuff said about that.

Deadpool is fun and can flow. Good shots and fun to play. Bksor PREMIUM is fun. Pro bloooows.

Not a lot of games compare to star trek for flow, fun, and forgiveness.

Stranger things is great fun! Avengers is cool but a very loooong game. TMNT can really flow but I
The scoring is whack and usually the play feels choppy.

Guardians of the Galaxy!!!! Now THAT is a game you can compare to Star Trek. Tons of fun. Tons of shots. Flow can be great. Try GOTG man.

#9681 2 years ago

Anyone know if these are for sale still? I want art or mirror blades for my LE but can’t find any

DCAA6BBB-6B55-48FA-80A6-D99000171196 (resized).jpegDCAA6BBB-6B55-48FA-80A6-D99000171196 (resized).jpeg
#9682 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Anyone know if these are for sale still? I want art or mirror blades for my LE but can’t find any
[quoted image]

These are the ones I have for my LE! They look great.
https://www.pingraffix.com/star-trek

#9683 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

[quoted image]

Personally, I think mirror blades are a no brainer on this title. Pictures don’t do it justice, it looks absolutely amazing.29B51F1B-3051-427B-9522-E5AFBB1720B9 (resized).jpeg29B51F1B-3051-427B-9522-E5AFBB1720B9 (resized).jpeg

659825B8-432E-4C16-8406-07D67B4B1FD8 (resized).jpeg659825B8-432E-4C16-8406-07D67B4B1FD8 (resized).jpegF09845E9-4CED-4712-8358-87CFAF2567D5 (resized).jpegF09845E9-4CED-4712-8358-87CFAF2567D5 (resized).jpeg

#9684 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Personally, I think mirror blades are a no brainer on this title. Pictures don’t do it justice, it looks absolutely amazing.[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, I like mirror blades but the LE has inner cab lights that standard one would cover up. They would have to be custom

#9685 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

These are the ones I have for my LE! They look great.
https://www.pingraffix.com/star-trek

Perfect! Thanks!

#9686 2 years ago

False

#9687 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

[quoted image]

I believe have a set of used mirror STLE blades I would be willing sale, they have a few scratches from the previous owner/s. (I just need to find where I put them)

Yes it has the cut out for the LE led's Photon torpedo's

#9688 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Slider man layout is almost identical. Never played it.
For flow.... Led Zeppelin is awesome. Even the pro is fun to shoot. JP is not fun imho. Shots are hard. Not good flow at all.

Agree on the JP assessment. It's challenging in a very different way than ST.
Another good flow game, also simple layout but very fun is Beatles. I know there's haters out there, mainly because of the pricing at launch, but the ball times are fairly short, and it flows like crazy.

#9689 2 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Agree on the JP assessment. It's challenging in a very different way than ST.
Another good flow game, also simple layout but very fun is Beatles. I know there's haters out there, mainly because of the pricing at launch, but the ball times are fairly short, and it flows like crazy.

Beatles was way more fun when I got to play it then I thought it was going to be from looking at it. I was like... Emmm... This is a modern pin? Hahaha

But the fun only lasted like 5-10 games. Then I wasn't really feeling it. Very smooth and very good flow tho. Really i! if you hit the shots it flows with the best. But... Not a lot going on.

Definitely not comparable to star trek.

#9690 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Beatles was way more fun when I got to play it then I thought it was going to be from looking at it. I was like... Emmm... This is a modern pin? Hahaha

I'm a huge Beatles fan, and a total pinhead, but I'd rather play a Stern Seawitch with the Beatles 1962-1966 Red Album playing in the background.

#9691 2 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

I believe have a set of used mirror STLE blades I would be willing sale, they have a few scratches from the previous owner/s. (I just need to find where I put them)
Yes it has the cut out for the LE led's Photon torpedo's

I found some art but thanks

#9692 2 years ago

I will do a re-run, i think it is the last on for this cool stainless steel panels

if you are interested, send me a PM

253c7f83ce0ff7cfc212cdbc22885b596dccc0f4 (resized).jpg253c7f83ce0ff7cfc212cdbc22885b596dccc0f4 (resized).jpgIMG_4572 (resized).jpgIMG_4572 (resized).jpg
#9693 2 years ago

i have some panels now in stock

preorders will be shipped tomorrow

also only 1 blackout mod is in stock

tom

#9694 2 years ago

does the first right ramp opto trigger any lighting or sounds?

#9695 2 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

I will do a re-run, i think it is the last on for this cool stainless steel panels
if you are interested, send me a PM[quoted image][quoted image]

Kapsreiter's panels are the bomb!

20210508_214947 (resized).jpg20210508_214947 (resized).jpg
#9696 2 years ago

What is the proper procedure to replace the 2430 battery in the back box of my Star Trek pro 2013 model ?
Basically should power be on or off ?

#9697 2 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

What is the proper procedure to replace the 2430 battery in the back box of my Star Trek pro 2013 model ?
Basically should power be on or off ?

You can change with power on to save adjustments and scores. You have to be careful, but not really a big problem. If you power off for security, adjustments and scores will be lost.

#9698 2 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

2430 battery in the back box of my Star Trek pro 2013 model

Coincells are usually pretty resilient. I don't think I've ever seen one leak.
So; I ask - if the coincell is dead... then settings are no longer an issue. So just replace with power off.
If you are replacing for other reasons and want your settings/scores - do it with the power on. Just be extra careful not to plug in the battery upside down.

#9699 2 years ago

Anyone have an extra right side head decal for a stern Star Trek pro that you’re willing to part with?

#9700 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockbiter:

Kapsreiter's panels are the bomb!
[quoted image]

i have 2 in stock at the moment

tom

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 9.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/194 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.