Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 191 of 216.
#9501 3 years ago
932C9E0B-669F-4C99-A402-827BEDE0A4E3 (resized).jpeg932C9E0B-669F-4C99-A402-827BEDE0A4E3 (resized).jpeg
#9502 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

[quoted image]

They're even cheaper used!!

#9503 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

[quoted image]

I want one, is it interactive?

#9504 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

[quoted image]

It’s not funny. You shouldn’t make Star Wars jokes in a Star Trek thread.

#9505 3 years ago

The upper spotlight... When is it supposed to be on?

I thought mine wasn't working then realized it's hardly ever on! It is a nice bright touch for the bumpers (I have uv bulbs back there for effect and it's great!) So I'd like it on more often.

Anyone know the rules for on/off of this?

#9506 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

It's ok... Your opinion; is like yours man.
https://collider.com/star-trek-movies-ranked/
People have spoken... STID is the worst film. Period.
I agree with this authors assessment... It's way worse than ST:V.
STID made me so physically angry that I would have thrown something at the movie screen if i weren't at Alamo Draft House. The STID turd is truly a work of pure garbage.

Here is my list from best to worst. Although for me even the bottom movies in my list I still like. This list reflects more on how many times I've watched each of them over the years. I don't really dislike any Trek movie. I might just have to watch The Voyage Home right now!

1 - Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
2 - Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
3 - Star Trek: First Contact
4 - Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
5 - Star Trek: Generations
6 - Star Trek: Nemesis
7 - Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
8 - Star Trek
9 - Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
10 - Star Trek: Insurrection
11 - Star Trek Into Darkness
12 - Star Trek: The Motion Picture
13 - Star Trek Beyond

#9507 3 years ago

I had no idea there were so many ST movies.

#9508 3 years ago

Topper includes shipping and a 12Volt power supply

you just need a bracket to mount it at the top of the machine (something from the hardware store)

tom

#9509 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I had no idea there were so many ST movies.

Never enough.

#9510 3 years ago

The wife came up with this idea. Please tell me if you like it so I can pass it along.

IMG_20210305_210508 (resized).jpgIMG_20210305_210508 (resized).jpgIMG_20210305_212427 (resized).jpgIMG_20210305_212427 (resized).jpg
#9511 3 years ago

Interesting; kinda feels like a uniform there.

#9512 3 years ago
Quoted from Flippinski:

The wife came up with this idea. Please tell me if you like it so I can pass it along.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Did take a moment... But... I think it's cool

#9513 3 years ago

Has anyone put a speaker light kit in their LE? The factory lighting is a little crap, if so which kit from Doug did you use? Thanks

#9514 3 years ago

Just wanted to drop these here -- some awesome 3D Coin Reject Buttons I'm making for ST:TNG. I do eventually plan to modify the design to make similar buttons for the other ST games, but this is what I've got so far. (I was working on WMS WPC-era games.)

STTNG_RCP (resized).jpgSTTNG_RCP (resized).jpg

They're 3D printed with multiple filaments, and feature the variation of the Starfleet emblem from ST:TNG. The button is a translucent color of your choice (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, or white/clear), and the Starfleet emblem can be gold or silver. (Only gold shown in the pics, I'll have to get a silver pic for demo too!)

Available via my website (https://rocketcitypinball.com) or in my Pinside shop (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/04911-3d-coin-reject-buttons-star-trek-the-next-generation).

#9515 3 years ago

I applaud your desire in extended 3D printing into new areas... and I'll stop there.

#9516 3 years ago

Hey! In the club with my recent ST LE purchase. One issue I’m seeing is upon starting a game the Vengeance ship does its thing but sometimes it selects and starts the mission for me. I’m assuming it could be a switch making when Vengence is shaking. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

2752D70A-7045-4040-B77D-E17C1951E5BD (resized).jpeg2752D70A-7045-4040-B77D-E17C1951E5BD (resized).jpeg
#9517 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Hey! In the club with my recent ST LE purchase. One issue I’m seeing is upon starting a game the Vengeance ship does its thing but sometimes it selects and starts the mission for me. I’m assuming it could be a switch making when Vengence is shaking. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!
[quoted image]

Welcome to the place!

So things like that can be easy (switch) or a bit more difficult (opto) depending on your experience.

First things first, when it happens, pay attention to the sound it makes and how much it scores.

Next, pull the glass out, curl up your hand, and thump the middle of the playfield. You’re not punching it, but you are giving it a good thump with the pinkie end of your fist. That meaty part of your hand that won’t break anything. If something fires, start looking for the switch that is gapped too tight. If not, thump around different areas of the playfield.

If nothing happens after that, it’s time to start looking at optos. We’ll need to find which one is firing at the wrong time. I will usually manually trigger them all looking for one that isn’t normal. Examine them to make sure there isn’t a dust bunny trapped in them. Reseat connectors for them. Just a general look over to find the one that is misbehaving.

So start there, and report back when you can.

#9518 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

[quoted image]

Most likely the drop target on the Vengeance. At start, it tries to go up but slips off the ledge making the game think the ball is in play.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-le-drop-target-wont-stay-up#post-1646176

#9519 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Has anyone put a speaker light kit in their LE? The factory lighting is a little crap, if so which kit from Doug did you use? Thanks

You would go to my website, select SPEAKER LIGHT KITS on the left or bottom of the screen and then select the game you want the light kit for (Star Trek: Stern LE) from the list of games.......and it takes to to the page to buy the proper light kit for that game (it's a Type 9 kit for ST LE).

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#9520 3 years ago

Thanks for the advice. I’ll dive into it tomorrow and report back.

#9521 3 years ago

Thanks Nokoro for the link in the post. It was absolutely the drop falling off the ledge. Added two small washers and she plays as she should now. Thanks to you and DaveH for reaching out. I’m also looking for the blackout mod that use to be available. Found one at pinball-mods.com but kind of pricy. Any suggestions? For Kilgon multi ball this is a must IMO. Thanks again! Rob

#9522 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Thanks nokoro for the link in the post. It was absolutely the drop falling off the ledge. Added two small washers and she plays as she should now. Thanks to you and daveh for reaching out. I’m also looking for the blackout mod that use to be available. Found one at pinball-mods.com but kind of pricy. Any suggestions? For Kilgon multi ball this is a must IMO. Thanks again! Rob

Glad that fixed it. It is a very common problem.

FYI, that drop target ledge might crack with washers attached. Mine did and ironically played perfectly after breaking. Some people use a thin strip from an old credit card to put behind the ledge and even out the pressure a bit.

#9523 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Glad that fixed it. It is a very common problem.
FYI, that drop target ledge might crack with washers attached. Mine did and ironically played perfectly after breaking. Some people use a thin strip from an old credit card to put behind the ledge and even out the pressure a bit.

Good to know! Thanks again.

#9524 3 years ago

Super excited to say that after legit 5 years of owning Stern Star Trek pro I finally got to the 5 year mission final wizard mode about an hour ago. Bumped it up to 5 ball but completed it in 4. Has to be one of the hardest modes in all of pinball to get. Ended up with my grand champion score and some other things too but could care less about that in comparison to hitting that 5 year mission. Anyone else ever made it?

152DE91A-746B-4546-A217-32F7E286CEC5 (resized).jpeg152DE91A-746B-4546-A217-32F7E286CEC5 (resized).jpegC0348A39-3BED-40DE-9C9F-865F09B825F2 (resized).jpegC0348A39-3BED-40DE-9C9F-865F09B825F2 (resized).jpegFB50DF35-8960-4865-9B89-209691FE77E2 (resized).jpegFB50DF35-8960-4865-9B89-209691FE77E2 (resized).jpeg
#9525 3 years ago
Quoted from joshvandam:

Anyone else ever made it?

I'm still trying. 2.5 years into ownership and I've reached Enterprise Amok several times but have yet to complete it.

#9526 3 years ago

It's a 5 year mission, so I have 4 years left to make it.
Then I'll take the glass off.

#9527 3 years ago
Quoted from joshvandam:

Anyone else ever made it?

Several times now. While none of the individual modes are difficult, once you are a couple modes or even shots away from the big show, the nerves always kick in and make things interesting. Congrats.

In other news, both STTNG and ST have tough matchups in this round of the tourney. Go show some Trek love.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/round-2-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition-2021

#9528 3 years ago

Picking up an Le soon. Loved the pro we owned so excited for the LE. What are the major differences? Any major ones between the prem/LE besides cosmetic and the side rail lights?

#9529 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Picking up an Le soon. Loved the pro we owned so excited for the LE. What are the major differences? Any major ones between the prem/LE besides cosmetic and the side rail lights?

Toys on the playfield and I think the Vengence also moves from side to side, not just front to back and lasers!

#9530 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Best looking LE Stern ever put out! Vengence shakes front to back. Dips down upon defeat. Lighted badges on the head. Those side armor lasers though..

4696D1D2-0394-4669-B525-EAFA8276B46E (resized).jpeg4696D1D2-0394-4669-B525-EAFA8276B46E (resized).jpegFCD2E87E-CB6A-45DC-9C0D-A82F5029654D (resized).jpegFCD2E87E-CB6A-45DC-9C0D-A82F5029654D (resized).jpeg
#9531 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Best looking LE Stern ever put out! Vengence shakes front to back. Dips down upon defeat. Lighted badges on the head. Those side armor lasers though..

Stop....you are making me wish I could even find one locally Instead of my Pro

#9532 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Yeah, I’m excited for it. I know it’s awesome. Someone said it’s the only real LE stern made which I didn’t understand but it does seem to be a lot different than the premium. I’m getting it Friday!

#9533 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yeah, I’m excited for it. I know it’s awesome. Someone said it’s the only real LE stern made which I didn’t understand but it does seem to be a lot different than the premium. I’m getting it Friday!

Counting down then!
Congrats.

#9534 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

In other news, both STTNG and ST have tough matchups in this round of the tourney. Go show some Trek love.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/round-2-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition-2021

Star trek is SUUUUUCH a better game than AC/DC. this should NOT be a close call. Go vote!

#9535 3 years ago
Quoted from joshvandam:

Super excited to say that after legit 5 years of owning Stern Star Trek pro I finally got to the 5 year mission final wizard mode about an hour ago. Bumped it up to 5 ball but completed it in 4. Has to be one of the hardest modes in all of pinball to get. Ended up with my grand champion score and some other things too but could care less about that in comparison to hitting that 5 year mission. Anyone else ever made it?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WOW!!!
And hell no! If you lived by me, I'd ask for lessons!!

#9536 3 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Star trek is SUUUUUCH a better game than AC/DC. this should NOT be a close call. Go vote!

Yup. I love the band! But not the machine. But, I don't like lower playfields much or clip art. I'm sure I would enjoy it, but not as much as ST. I'd much rather have a Metallica and I don't even care for the band.

#9537 3 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I own both, and they are right next to each other in my game room. I like Star Trek a bit more, but really that just depends on my mood. I'd be hard pressed to say it is that much better a game. So with both in my stable, I say it is a close call.

#9538 3 years ago

Does it do any good to fire the photon torpedoes when not in a Vengance multiball mode? It doesn't appear that there are any points awarded for firing a torpedo, or any other reason to fire them based on a search of this channel, but maybe I'm missing something?

#9539 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Does it do any good to fire the photon torpedoes when not in a Vengance multiball mode? It doesn't appear that there are any points awarded for firing a torpedo, or any other reason to fire them based on a search of this channel, but maybe I'm missing something?

Yes, there is some benefit. I do believe that firing torpedoes lessens
the number of shots necessary to battle the Vengeance.
We often use them this way, to prepare for battle,
rather than wait until you are engaged.

#9540 3 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Yes, there is some benefit. I do believe that firing torpedoes lessens
the number of shots necessary to battle the Vengeance.
We often use them this way, to prepare for battle,
rather than wait until you are engaged.

So, is the strategy to wait until all 8 are armed and unload 'em all, or fire whenever they are awarded?

#9541 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

So, is the strategy to wait until all 8 are armed and unload 'em all, or fire whenever they are awarded?

Up to you.
Let them build up for some fat firepower,
or use them as you get them.
The strategy is yours.

#9542 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

I’m going to disagree with some others here. Yes, firing it is the same as 1 shot at the target getting you closer to Vengeance. However, that’s a waste in my opinion. You don’t just want to battle, you want to win. So be as full as you can when you start Vengeance. Then after starting it, hit the trapped ball, then during the ball saver fire every ball that gets to your flippers at the target under the Vengeance or the lit white ramps. Near the end of the ball saver, fire every torpedo you have. If you do that right, you will be close to the last shot to destroy the Vengeance. And if your timing is right, the ball saver will give you back anything you lost while firing photons.

I used to play it carefully, and one night after having a few, I tried this full assault. I destroy it much more regularly since switching. I love hearing the fanfare music after destroying it.

#9543 3 years ago

Remember that the photons don't work in Vengeance Scoring and Vengeance battle, so after Vengeance Multiball, I use them to get credit toward activating a Vengeance mode. That drop target can give the ball a really nasty bounce SDTM, especially when hit off the left flipper, so I maximize using the photons to reduce risk.

I also fully agree with DaveH's strategy for multiball as the best way to complete it.

#9544 3 years ago

I tend to save my photons and then make game time decisions. All the real points in ST are for making it deep into the game. V1 itself isn't all that valuable. As such, I'm primarily trying to stack V1 with a mb friendly mode, usually PD1 or Nero1. Most modes are good to stack, but I try to avoid SJ1 because if you accidentally start the Galactic mode early, you lose out on points/medals.

So if you save your photons, you can start V1 when you want. Or if you accidentally start V1, you'll have them to destroy the Vengeance.

As Falcon just pointed out, photons are useless during V2 and V3. So after V1, you should definitely be saving them to control when you start either V2 or V3.

#9545 3 years ago

I have found that a full rack of torpedos fired at the Vengeance while in the V1 multiball will always bring it down.

#9546 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I tend to save my photons and then make game time decisions. All the real points in ST are for making it deep into the game. V1 itself isn't all that valuable. As such, I'm primarily trying to stack V1 with a mb friendly mode, usually PD1 or Nero1. Most modes are good to stack, but I try to avoid SJ1 because if you accidentally start the Galactic mode early, you lose out on points/medals.
So if you save your photons, you can start V1 when you want. Or if you accidentally start V1, you'll have them to destroy the Vengeance.
As Falcon just pointed out, photons are useless during V2 and V3. So after V1, you should definitely be saving them to control when you start either V2 or V3.

Thanks for the analysis. I didn't see much treatment of the torpedoes in the rules threads, so this is quite helpful.

#9548 3 years ago

Got her home safe!

B6A05EBE-389E-4BF8-B8A2-E1A9C5E970BE (resized).jpegB6A05EBE-389E-4BF8-B8A2-E1A9C5E970BE (resized).jpeg
#9549 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I’m going to disagree with some others here. Yes, firing it is the same as 1 shot at the target getting you closer to Vengeance. However, that’s a waste in my opinion. You don’t just want to battle, you want to win. So be as full as you can when you start Vengeance. Then after starting it, hit the trapped ball, then during the ball saver fire every ball that gets to your flippers at the target under the Vengeance or the lit white ramps. Near the end of the ball saver, fire every torpedo you have. If you do that right, you will be close to the last shot to destroy the Vengeance. And if your timing is right, the ball saver will give you back anything you lost while firing photons.
I used to play it carefully, and one night after having a few, I tried this full assault. I destroy it much more regularly since switching. I love hearing the fanfare music after destroying it.

Killer strategy! Gonna try it right now!!

#9550 3 years ago

For game sound the factory is 1 for both music and speech. Is that the recommended setting from the group? Or do people adjust it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 63.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 64.99
$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 191 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/191?hl=flippinski and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.