IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
DSCN3233 (resized).JPG
DSCN3232 (resized).JPG

There are 10,764 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 216.
#9351 3 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Someone reskin Stern Trek with a TNG theme and slap a Borg cube or Romulan ship where the Vengeance goes and now you're talking.

That would be amazing!

#9352 3 years ago

The JJ ST films where only ever about pop corn munching fun! That's all I expected from them. The majority of people aren't cerebral about science fiction. I fact, 'The Motion Picture' was too cerebral for most. Look at all the Marvel movies now. When will it end? How many people even read novels anymore?

#9353 3 years ago

I've noticed my ST pro auto ball launcher is too week to launch the ball into the pops now. I don't remember it being this way before? It just makes it to right orbit now and rolls down to upper right flipper.

#9354 3 years ago

Curious, has anyone seen Star Trek Into Darkness yet? If so, any good?

#9355 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I've noticed my ST pro auto ball launcher is too week to launch the ball into the pops now. I don't remember it being this way before? It just makes it to left orbit now and rolls down to upper right flipper.

Check the launcher to make sure good centered contact is being made. Then I would check the coil sleeve. You may just need a little bit of cleaning.

#9356 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Check the launcher to make sure good centered contact is being made. Then I would check the coil sleeve. You may just need a little bit of cleaning.

Thanks. I didn't remember this being normal. Haven't played it for a while.

#9357 3 years ago

Trying to find the info in the thread (as I'm sure I recall seeing something), but could not...

I find the flashers on my Star Trek Premium a little bit too bright, they're kind of blinding me, even at their lowest setting in the menu. Probably because they are white.

Anyone has swapped these flashers, and if so with what ?

My Star Trek is a Premium, so most inserts are RGB, except for the flashers and a few others, so I don't intend to change the rest unless it makes sense, would welcome some guidance (maybe the GI under some of the plastics)

Regards

#9358 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Trying to find the info in the thread (as I'm sure I recall seeing something), but could not...
I find the flashers on my Star Trek Premium a little bit too bright, they're kind of blinding me, even at their lowest setting in the menu. Probably because they are white.
Anyone has swapped these flashers, and if so with what ?
My Star Trek is a Premium, so most inserts are RGB, except for the flashers and a few others, so I don't intend to change the rest unless it makes sense, would welcome some guidance (maybe the GI under some of the plastics)
Regards

I replaced all the flashers and the yellow dome.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/180#post-5956550

#9359 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Thanks. I didn't remember this being normal. Haven't played it for a while.

Yeah it should definitely be able to make the pops. In fact if you hold down the left flipper button when you launch, it should easily come all the way around for your super skill shot. Besides making sure the forks are centered, also make sure the mech mounting screws didn't loosen up, and check the coil sleeve and coil stop.

#9360 3 years ago

Thanks, I knew I had seen it somewhere in this thread.

Any chance you would have a video ?

By the way, aside from pulling the flashers and checking their type, I could never figure out how to read Stern manuals to identify the type of bulbs used for each insert/flasher, so if you have that info (at least for the flashers), that would be helpful

Regards

#9361 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Thanks, I knew I had seen it somewhere in this thread.
Any chance you would have a video ?
By the way, aside from pulling the flashers and checking their type, I could never figure out how to read Stern manuals to identify the type of bulbs used for each insert/flasher, so if you have that info (at least for the flashers), that would be helpful
Regards

I don't have a video I'm not set up to stream or record. I could pop the glass and try and get something. The start of Klingon on Multiball is good, what other modes or shot would you want to see? The biggest thing for me was getting rid of the yellow dome.

https://www.pinballlife.com/ablaze-8-smd-led-12-volt-89-bayonet-base-flasher-lamp.html

#9362 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yeah it should definitely be able to make the pops. In fact if you hold down the left flipper button when you launch, it should easily come all the way around for your super skill shot. Besides making sure the forks are centered, also make sure the mech mounting screws didn't loosen up, and check the coil sleeve and coil stop.

Thanks!

Update.. Coil sleeve didn't help. This is a real PITA it turns out! Threads on this problem reveal many possible causes including shooter lane Cliffy's (which I have). I'll have to spend some time on this.

#9363 3 years ago

Keep in mind this looks way more clown puked than it is. The camera just really exaggerated how it looks.

The light show is way less blinding with colored flashers.

I have four colored LEDs under the back box. 4 blue under the lanes 3 purple in the pops and a single purple under the Beta Quadrant ramps.

6044D602-E0BA-447C-8291-F2BECE8F6E09 (resized).jpeg6044D602-E0BA-447C-8291-F2BECE8F6E09 (resized).jpeg
C4799943-4E3E-46FD-B4E9-D74BF3F06C6C (resized).jpegC4799943-4E3E-46FD-B4E9-D74BF3F06C6C (resized).jpeg
A83B952D-99EE-4B72-9FD5-997EE5390A18 (resized).jpegA83B952D-99EE-4B72-9FD5-997EE5390A18 (resized).jpeg

#9364 3 years ago

...afm saucers... on star trek?!
Totally confused.

#9365 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Totally confused.

Are you talking about the reflection of the speaker light?

#9367 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Totally confused.

It does kinda look like that!

#9368 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

It does kinda look like that!

+1. I thought the same thing.

#9369 3 years ago

Shout out to beatmaster. Added his Vengeance LED mod -blue for my Pro- and it is fantastic!

#9370 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Totally confused.

haha holy shit I thought the same damn thing

#9371 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Keep in mind this looks way more clown puked than it is. The camera just really exaggerated how it looks.
The light show is way less blinding with colored flashers.
I have four colored LEDs under the back box. 4 blue under the lanes 3 purple in the pops and a single purple under the Beta Quadrant ramps.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks for these videos

Regards

#9372 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Keep in mind this looks way more clown puked than it is.

I have to ask you about the way you have the Hallmark Enterprise hooked up with that hex post. How did you affix it to the bottom of the ship. Would you please tell me exactly what hex post that is? Part number maybe?

STProEnterprisepost (resized).jpgSTProEnterprisepost (resized).jpg
#9373 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Is the super-skill shot you mentioned supposed to work on ST Pro? I can't seem to get it to work. perhaps there is a SW adjustment ...I'll have to check.

#9374 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Is the super-skill shot you mentioned supposed to work on ST Pro? I can't seem to get it to work. perhaps there is a SW adjustment ...I'll have to check.

Absolutely. There are no code changes between the models. Should lower the gate and come around to the flippers to give you a shot at the lit shot.

Ok, Immediately I'm realizing I'm wrong. Kickback code is handled differently. But thats it I think.

#9375 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Absolutely. There are no code changes between the models. Should lower the gate and come around to the flippers to give you a shot at the lit shot.
Ok, Immediately I'm realizing I'm wrong. Kickback code is handled differently. But thats it I think.

Thanks for that convirmation. I just got this game used a week or so ago...should have done a coil test. turns out the #51 coil isn't firing.
Time to take her to sick bay.

#9376 3 years ago
Quoted from Torre:

Those look amazing. I'd need to see how they mesh with the rest of the artwork though so please do post photos once installed.
Thanks,
Mark

Zitt's Nebula mod... Just installed; I love it! I clearly misjudged the line-of-sight for obscuring the wires on the left, but will run them UNDER the spacer the next time I open her up. Otherwise, I'm just thrilled that I was able to get it to work, with gratitude to Zitt for the detailed instructions!

All that's left to install is the pop caps, likely on President's Day... Then the right side blade, cheers!
145041678_10107153705189255_5464485228484836457_o (resized).jpg145041678_10107153705189255_5464485228484836457_o (resized).jpg

#9377 3 years ago
Quoted from FugTM:

I have to ask you about the way you have the Hallmark Enterprise hooked up with that hex post. How did you affix it to the bottom of the ship. Would you please tell me exactly what hex post that is? Part number maybe?[quoted image]

I don't know the part number it was just a post in my box of pin parts. It's just a male to female hex post, should be easy enough to find. I drilled a hole in the battery door and screwed it to the post. Mounted the post put the hallmark pin on the battery door and screwed the battery door tight.

#9378 3 years ago

Needed something on the shelf behind ST. I am such a nerd...

20210201_214604 (resized).jpg20210201_214604 (resized).jpg
#9379 3 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

looks great! congrats! Do you like ST more than Guardians? When i got my ST PRO it was either that or GoG. Wondering what you think.
and yes, the color DMD is a must.

Thanks! I loved my guardians but after spending time with Star Trek I like it better! It’s a faster better flowing machine, and the action really sucks you in. Guardians was fun for groot multi ball, amd the music after the Cleland mod was awesome. But Star Trek gets the definitive nod

#9380 3 years ago

So I'm doing a playfield swap soon, and am mystified by the vengeance unit in the back. How the hell does this thing come out? I hope it comes out as one big ass piece, but I doubt I'll be so fortunate.

Anyone with experience taking theirs out know?

20210204_221023 (resized).jpg20210204_221023 (resized).jpg

#9381 3 years ago

Curious as to what is wrong with your playfield...

#9382 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Curious as to what is wrong with your playfield...

Warped. I am getting it replaced by stern.

And I figured out how to remove it. Hidden screws.

#9383 3 years ago

That is a big job. Stern should send a populated pf instead and have you ship the old one back.

#9384 3 years ago

Well, I finally got around to mounting an Enterprise in my pro. I wasn't about to pay for that proper size Hallmark version, but I bought this HotWheels one for 10 dollars off eBay... ebay.com link: 2017 HW Star Trek USS Enterprise NCC 1701 HW Screen Time Starship FREE SHIPPING

Here's some pics. I like it!

DSCN0010 (resized).JPGDSCN0010 (resized).JPGDSCN0012 (resized).JPGDSCN0012 (resized).JPGDSCN0013 (resized).JPGDSCN0013 (resized).JPG

#9385 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

That is a big job. Stern should send a populated pf instead and have you ship the old one back.

I'm not shipping anything back. I spoke to Pat and they dont have any populated ones. I'm just happy that they have any playfields period. And yeah, it's a lot of work.

#9386 3 years ago

And then you get a cool wall hanging.

#9387 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

And then you get a cool wall hanging.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Besides, that's all it will be good for.

#9388 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Besides, that's all it will be good for.

Well actually, a coffee table is also nice, there are many nice realization out there. You do need to populate the top with mechanics, but it under a glass inside a closed cabinet, and voilà you have a very nice coffee table

#9389 3 years ago

You guys are way to chill. I understand the blank playfield for a game that perfectly playable. His machine is not. I know if it was me every day I saw it sitting there unplayable it would piss me off a little more. Doing the swap wouldn’t be a good experience. Again if the game was playable I would schedule when my work is slow or wife’s away. Find a couple weeks and enjoy the game till then. An unplayable game it’s going to be every night after work and constant interruptions. Just a huge hassle, rage and stress I don’t need.

That wall hanger would be getting returned when I pitched it through a window a Stern. Depending on how bad the swap goes it might even be on fire. (I wouldn’t actually do this but fuck would I want too)

#9390 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

You guys are way to chill. I understand the blank playfield for a game that perfectly playable. His machine is not. I know if it was me every day I saw it sitting there unplayable it would piss me off a little more. Doing the swap wouldn’t be a good experience. Again if the game was playable I would schedule when my work is slow or wife’s away. Find a couple weeks and enjoy the game till then. An unplayable game it’s going to be every night after work and constant interruptions. Just a huge hassle, rage and stress I don’t need.
That wall hanger would be getting returned when I pitched it through a window a Stern. Depending on how bad the swap goes it might even be on fire. (I wouldn’t actually do this but fuck would I want too)

I mean, it's a lot of work but there is no rage nor stress. I believe Pat would have replaced with a populated one based on what I've seen.... but they dont HAVE one. So why get upset about it? I'm done stripping the machine and now am just waiting to put the parts on the new one. As far as I'm concerned I get a shaker for free and get to take the machine apart, which to me is half the fun of the hobby. I like fixing them almost as much as playing them.

Would it have been better if it didn't have this huge issue? Hell yeah. But I'm trying to take lemons and make lemonade. Really technical and complex lemonade lol

#9391 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I mean, it's a lot of work but there is no rage nor stress. I believe Pat would have replaced with a populated one based on what I've seen.... but they dont HAVE one. So why get upset about it? I'm done stripping the machine and now am just waiting to put the parts on the new one. As far as I'm concerned I get a shaker for free and get to take the machine apart, which to me is half the fun of the hobby. I like fixing them almost as much as playing them.
Would it have been better if it didn't have this huge issue? Hell yeah. But I'm trying to take lemons and make lemonade. Really technical and complex lemonade lol

If I had the free time I wouldn’t mind the swap. I rather enjoy working on pins. It’s just I couldn’t tolerate looking at it broken so I would be working on it every spare moment. That’s where the stress would come in. Every time I start working on it someone in my family yelling don’t forget you have to do whatever stupid shit we need you to do. I dunno why but buying a project and tinkering aware is relaxing. Going NIB and not being able to relax till it’s fixed is rage inducing. I would love to buy one used that came with the spare and do the swap.

#9392 3 years ago

I have known people who have stripped playfields and when they are reassembled, have "mystery" problems. The actual work isn't too bad, but putting everything back where it was is the big challenge.

#9393 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I have known people who have stripped playfields and when they are reassembled, have "mystery" problems. The actual work isn't too bad, but putting everything back where it was is the big challenge.

Nahh. I've done playfield swaps before. Just take a lot of pictures and be sure you denote where the wires go back onto.

#9394 3 years ago

Does anybody know the source of the Star Trek topper in this photo? I found the picture in a google search, that led me an Australian site, but the post that it linked to didn't actually have the image, or any reference to it...

toppers (resized).jpgtoppers (resized).jpg

#9395 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Warped. I am getting it replaced by stern.

How is it that Stern agreed to replacing a playfield in a machine so old, or did you recently find a NIB ST? Their warranty is 1 year, right?

#9396 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

How is it that Stern agreed to replacing a playfield in a machine so old, or did you recently find a NIB ST? Their warranty is 1 year, right?

Game was made March 2020. Vault edition bought in october.

#9397 3 years ago

Well, I played around with the auto launcher on my ST pro and it launches powerful for the first several games and then starts to get weak. it does this consistently. This coil does not have a diode. Tried new sleeve and spring and all kinds of fork and linkage adjustments. It's the coil warming up and getting week. I will order a new coil for it. Coil 23-800
* Question???
- How do you upsize a coil to the next more powerful one?

#9398 3 years ago

Find the real reason why that is happening.

#9399 3 years ago

Cross posting to announce that I have the final Red Laser order in stock for Stern Star Trek Premium/LE.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-blue-red-or-green-laser-upgrade-kits#post-6122895

#9400 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Find the real reason why that is happening.

How do you explain that it starts off powerful for roughly a couple dozen launches, and then gets weak consistently?
If you got a better suggestion, lets hear it! That is why I posted this!

A couple hypotheses:

- Inductors are subject to heat and usually the insulation between the windings is what breaks down over time.
- the permeability of the iron core is highly dependent on the concentration of elemental iron. Oxidation of the iron quickly dilutes the concentration of the iron metal. The strength of the iron core inductor falls quickly and cheap shit is made in China all the time!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 40.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Spring Grove, IL
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.95
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus
Lighting
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 45.00
There are 10,764 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/188 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.