PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 217.
#9251 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Mine did not feed properly, I posted in this thread on how to adjust it. Took me probably an hour to sort out. It's just regular tweeking any pin needs.

My pro is very inconsistent. Will be great for a while then feed to the top of the sling again for a while.

What was your fix?

#9252 3 years ago

How far back was that? I checked by your username, but didn't see the instructions.

Quoted from Darscot:

Mine did not feed properly, I posted in this thread on how to adjust it. Took me probably an hour to sort out. It's just regular tweeking any pin needs.

#9253 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

That needs a tweak. Mine varies depending on pitch. And there is usually some type of bending to make sure it doesn't pop off the top of the sling. I'd say about 80% of them come right down now.

Dave responded to me here. I just bent the left side ball guide as he suggested.

#9254 3 years ago

The pro has no laser. Best part of the game.

#9255 3 years ago

I can get behind both schools of thought on pro vs premium. I LOVE my premium, partly because the full rgb + laser enhances the atmosphere of the game in a big way and atmospheric immersion is a quality that I weight heavily. If that didn’t enhance my personal experience so much and I was just looking for a great shooting game, pro all day, baby!

#9256 3 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I can get behind both schools of thought on pro vs premium. I LOVE my premium, partly because the full rgb + laser enhances the atmosphere of the game in a big way and atmospheric immersion is a quality that I weight heavily. If that didn’t enhance my personal experience so much and I was just looking for a great shooting game, pro all day, baby!

All 3 versions are great. The art on the LE is just awesome. The Premium has all the features of the LE except the wicked cool art, and lights in the rails and the backbox. Finally the Pro is just a great playing game. One minor “pin regret” of mine is that I didn’t pick up an LE when the price floor dropped out. But I’ve got a nice Pro copy that plays awesome and is still fun after 2.5 years. I still play it a lot, so I’m happy with it. To me, it doesn’t matter the version for this game, they are all awesome.

#9257 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

The pro has no laser. Best part of the game.

What does the laser do?

#9258 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

What does the laser do?

Ever see those Christmas lights or little ball you plug your phone in and it shines those little dots that rotate, like that but on the playfield.

#9259 3 years ago

Disco space battle. Turn the lights down and boogie!

#9260 3 years ago

Just installed the pwm board to control the power to the shaker motor. Wow. Absolutely perfect. Turned it way down, maybe 30% power. Have weights set to stock.

It's almost darn near perfect. I'm going to mess around with the weights to see if I can add power and make it smoother.

But man... $8 and 8 mins to install it.

Why don't they just include it and charge $20 more preinstalled?

20210113_214230 (resized).jpg20210113_214230 (resized).jpg
#9261 3 years ago

I’ve joined the club! Traded my guardians pro for a pin I’ve wanted for some time . Love this game so much. It’s very modded here still a couple I can do!

991A02A5-295E-4C6C-A30D-B7C425A1786F (resized).jpeg991A02A5-295E-4C6C-A30D-B7C425A1786F (resized).jpeg
#9262 3 years ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

I’ve joined the club! Traded my guardians pro for a pin I’ve wanted for some time . Love this game so much. It’s very modded here still a couple I can do!
[quoted image]

Congrats!!

Throw a color DMD on that bad boy and you’re set!

Seriously though, this game has a ton of animations that make the color DMD a must have IMO.

#9263 3 years ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

[quoted image]

looks great! congrats! Do you like ST more than Guardians? When i got my ST PRO it was either that or GoG. Wondering what you think.

and yes, the color DMD is a must.

#9264 3 years ago

I have played a tonne of Guardians and it’s really no comparison. Star Trek has so many modes and shots it always feels fun. With Guardians I just always find myself in Groot multiball. It’s just so wide open and straight up the middle, it’s just always right there and it just becomes monotonous.

#9265 3 years ago

It’s cleaning day! She’s getting a playfield protector and a good scrubbing. It’s not that dirty, but I’ve had the protector for over a year and never got around to installing it. I always enjoy the process of cleaning a game that is a few years old and just give it a tuneup.

554D58AC-9B9A-4614-B7C6-7A1E0F4A7D77 (resized).jpeg554D58AC-9B9A-4614-B7C6-7A1E0F4A7D77 (resized).jpeg

5ED71782-A94A-4B3E-9999-8074B8824936 (resized).jpeg5ED71782-A94A-4B3E-9999-8074B8824936 (resized).jpeg

#9266 3 years ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

[quoted image]

BTW that topper is badass! Love that!

#9267 3 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

BTW that topper is badass! Love that!

Agreed, I love this topper. Simple yet visually effective.

IMG_4868 (resized).jpgIMG_4868 (resized).jpg
#9268 3 years ago

Yipee! I'm in the club!
Picked up this beauty today. Had to set it up in the garage until I could get some muscle to heft it down the stairs, but what a fast playing flow monster it is! I love the custom art package and all the mods that the previous owner put in. The topper is strange and a bit creepy, some kind of Trekkie collector item. Best news is, that m'lady loves star trek and this thing put a big smile on her face after a tough week.

Now I gotta read the rules cause I have no idea how to score on this thing.

20210115_170932 (resized).jpg20210115_170932 (resized).jpg
#9269 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

The topper is strange and a bit creepy, some kind of Trekkie collector item.

That is indeed a cool Star Trek collector's item. It's a Talosian Maquette from the original TOS pilot "The Cage" (which never aired in the 60's and the footage of which was incorporated in the TOS episode "The Menagerie"). If that's an original, solid piece it could be worth some decent $$. Replicas are still a couple hundred dollars, originals close to 4 figures. Very nice!

#9270 3 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

That is indeed a cool Star Trek collector's item. It's a Talosian Maquette from the original TOS pilot "The Cage" (which never aired in the 60's and the footage of which was incorporated in the TOS episode "The Menagerie"). If that's an original, solid piece it could be worth some decent $$. Replicas are still a couple hundred dollars, originals close to 4 figures. Very nice!

It has a brass plaque that says TALOSIAN 457 of 7500. The head is made of some kind of high density foam. Not sure if it is original or a replica.

#9271 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

It has a brass plaque that says TALOSIAN 457 of 7500. The head is made of some kind of high density foam. Not sure if it is original or a replica.

It's a replica, but still worth money. Congrats!

ebay.com link: Illusive Star Trek Talosian Keeper Life size Bust 1 1 Prop Replica Paramount

#9272 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

The topper is strange and a bit creepy, some kind of Trekkie collector item.

StoneyCreek If you wanna trade that Creepy Topper for a full set of my Stern Star Trek mods... let me know.

#9273 3 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

It's a replica, but still worth money. Congrats!
ebay.com link » Illusive Star Trek Talosian Keeper Life Size Bust 1 1 Prop Replica Paramount

Gee, the ad title says "replica," so how is it "illusive?"

Dumbass eBay sellers.

Quoted from Zitt:

StoneyCreek If you wanna trade that Creepy Topper for a full set of my Stern Star Trek mods... let me know.

If it creeps you out, I say go for it!

What use is an advantage if you don't use it, eh Zitt?

#9274 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

PM sent

#9275 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Yipee! I'm in the club!
Picked up this beauty today. Had to set it up in the garage until I could get some muscle to heft it down the stairs, but what a fast playing flow monster it is! I love the custom art package and all the mods that the previous owner put in. The topper is strange and a bit creepy, some kind of Trekkie collector item. Best news is, that m'lady loves star trek and this thing put a big smile on her face after a tough week.
Now I gotta read the rules cause I have no idea how to score on this thing.[quoted image]

So what color bulbs (blue or green) are in the spotlights that you will be removing and replacing with white?

#9276 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

So what color bulbs (blue or green) are in the spotlights that you will be removing and replacing with white?

Not sure what you're drivin' at there Dave. why would I want to remove/replace spotlight color?

#9277 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Not sure what you're drivin' at there Dave. why would I want to remove/replace spotlight color?

Stock is a white bulb for spotlight. Looks like those are green in there now. Always up to personal preference, myself I like as bright and white as possible to help light the playfield

#9278 3 years ago

If anyone in Southern California is considering leaving the club please drop me a line. Might want to add this fine shooter to the collection. Thanks!

#9279 3 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Stock is a white bulb for spotlight. Looks like those are green in there now. Always up to personal preference, myself I like as bright and white as possible to help light the playfield

Cool white on Star Trek is perfection! Matches the aesthetics of the movies and makes the playfield pop nicely.

#9280 3 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

interesting. I bought this machine heavily modded...will keep in mind the white spots, a brighter playfield is usually better.

#9281 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Personally I thing the green looks awful there. I’m not sure if it’s blue combining with the yellow, or just straight up green. But green on Star Trek doesn’t work, again, just in my opinion. Usually I’m not opposed to rainbow puke. I realize it’s all a matter of tastes and opinion. And if you like green in ST, well it’s your bad looking color combo. It’s not like I’ll ever see your game in person. That’s what I was driving at. And I apologize for sounding so harsh. If it was an LOTR that worked with the color, I’d love it.

#9282 3 years ago
Quoted from smersh:

For the best play on star trek, what are all of you using for a pitch? Using the bubble level on right side where is the bubble on your game?

6.7 here

#9283 3 years ago

Does anyone know how to do the laser test? I just installed the laser upgrade from Zitt and just want to confirm that everything works as it should.
Cheers

#9284 3 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Does anyone know how to do the laser test? I just installed the laser upgrade from Zitt and just want to confirm that everything works as it should.
Cheers

It’s in the menus, feature adjustment maybe?

#9285 3 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Cheers

Diagnostic, test, coils, single coil, laser. Number 21 or 22.

#9286 3 years ago

Does anyone know where I can buy a NOS stern star trek premium playfield? Mine is warped to hell.

#9287 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

It’s cleaning day! She’s getting a playfield protector and a good scrubbing. It’s not that dirty, but I’ve had the protector for over a year and never got around to installing it. I always enjoy the process of cleaning a game that is a few years old and just give it a tuneup.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Now that is a lot of work.

#9288 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Does anyone know where I can buy a NOS stern star trek premium playfield? Mine is warped to hell.

Check with Ron Kruzman, he has a variety of playfields.

Also, there’s a playfield buy/sell/trade thread somewhere on pinside. Post there to get more visibility.

#9289 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

It's outrageous that Stern has screwed you on this, will they really not even sell you one?

#9290 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

It's outrageous that Stern has screwed you on this, will they really not even sell you one?

I'm talking with them now. They haven't screwed me just yet. I'm simply getting a backup plan.

#9291 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Now that is a lot of work.

It was a ton of fun. The game plays very different. Just the slight change in geometry, especially of all the flippers. I don’t usually have a problem adjusting to different copies of the game, but when your own game changes, my mind is still adjusting to the new shots. And I also moved the outlanes and adjusted the pitch. So now I get to learn a whole new game.

5CB4B013-F5C0-4143-8713-86896AD1F370 (resized).jpeg5CB4B013-F5C0-4143-8713-86896AD1F370 (resized).jpeg

7563BADB-7159-4673-927A-0EDA276D4850 (resized).jpeg7563BADB-7159-4673-927A-0EDA276D4850 (resized).jpeg

#9292 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Diagnostic, test, coils, single coil, laser. Number 21 or 22.

great, thanks very much
cheers

#9293 3 years ago

Does anyone know what the part number is for the internal red/clear cover that installs over the side rail lights in side the cabinet on the LE or where I can purchase them from.
See photos.

726C4F0E-9764-4A0E-9132-BC27A08EB3B8 (resized).jpeg726C4F0E-9764-4A0E-9132-BC27A08EB3B8 (resized).jpeg8730C901-EFA2-400E-B980-83A9374EC2BF (resized).jpeg8730C901-EFA2-400E-B980-83A9374EC2BF (resized).jpegA4BFE2D2-1EAC-47C1-8497-181AF5E1004A (resized).jpegA4BFE2D2-1EAC-47C1-8497-181AF5E1004A (resized).jpeg
#9294 3 years ago

Stern or Marco are the only places that would carry Stern Star Trek parts.
That lens looks like it could be laser cut; but I'd def check with Marco then Stern.

#9295 3 years ago

Good morning.
Looking for the small, triangular plastic that
is directly above the upper right flipper.
It just cracked in two on my son's pro.
I realize this is a long shot but never hurts to ask, right?

#9296 3 years ago

Stern has every part for this machine. Check with a distributor.

#9297 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Stern has every part for this machine. Check with a distributor.

Did not know. Thanks!

#9298 3 years ago

Just joined the club with my first newer Stern Star Trek Pro but I got some issues to work out...

No back box key anywhere so If anyone has a C15 key I am buying.
Vengeance has 2 issues going on, first is it scores/ freaks out at random times sometimes as soon as I start a game others when I hit it it scores multiple times.
Second is when I start the first mutliball, when you hit the second ball into the one hanging on the magnet they both hang and don't register. Any help welcomed.

#9299 3 years ago
Quoted from xddanx:

Just joined the club with my first newer Stern Star Trek Pro but I got some issues to work out...
Vengeance has 2 issues going on, first is it scores/ freaks out at random times sometimes as soon as I start a game others when I hit it it scores multiple times.
Second is when I start the first mutliball, when you hit the second ball into the one hanging on the magnet they both hang and don't register. Any help welcomed.

Sounds like drop target or more likely opto issues. Some folks have had luck simply unplugging and reconnecting those opto connectors. Check them in the test menu. Other basics are cleaning the optos and checking alignment. Searching this thread for opto will pull up more info as well.

#9300 3 years ago
Quoted from xddanx:

Check out my posts in this thread, numbers 8981 and 8985. I have links that should solve both problems.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 63.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 217.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/186?hl=mathazar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.