Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
DSCN3233 (resized).JPG

There are 10,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 216.
#9151 3 years ago

Ok guys...

The fuse for the coils keeps blowing. First time it blew I moved the left eject power way down. It didn't eject the ball and the ball got stuck. Then none of the coils would work. Blown fuse. Turned the eject power back to factory installed. Replaced the fuse and it worked fine. That was a few days ago.

Just blew again for no apparent reason. Replaced again and upon testing was good. But ball went in the left eject and the fuse blew again.

Fuse has blown 4 times now.

How do I diagnose what's going on? Not saying it's necessarily the left eject but that's when/where the problem started. Could also possibly be the magnet /drop target area as well.

Where do I start, how do I start, and what would I be looking for?

Thanks everyone.

#9152 3 years ago
Quoted from FugTM:

Pros? Cons? Who has a cointaker version? Who decided not to get one and why?

Ok, this is a big no in my book. I have shakers in quite a few of my games, including Star Trek. But the reason I’m saying no is to the Cointaker Red Tremor. I love Cointaker. I’ve bought games and And a lot of LEDs from them. But I put the Red Tremor into my Iron Man and hated it. It was WAY too strong. It wasn’t engaging, it was distracting as hell. It was just violent. Detuning it wasn’t a great option because the flat spots on the shafts are intended to be at opposite spots. Then trying to move the weights anyway, the metal was soft and just stripped. Since then I just pay the extra and get the Stern one. It’s not a ton of money, and is just the right amount to add to the game. Just my experience and opinion.

#9153 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Ok, this is a big no in my book. I have shakers in quite a few of my games, including Star Trek. But the reason I’m saying no is to the Cointaker Red Tremor. I love Cointaker. I’ve bought games and And a lot of LEDs from them. But I put the Red Tremor into my Iron Man and hated it. It was WAY too strong. It wasn’t engaging, it was distracting as hell. It was just violent. Detuning it wasn’t a great option because the flat spots on the shafts are intended to be at opposite spots. Then trying to move the weights anyway, the metal was soft and just stripped. Since then I just pay the extra and get the Stern one. It’s not a ton of money, and is just the right amount to add to the game. Just my experience and opinion.

Why not just get the regular cointaker one then?

#9154 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

When I got my Stern ST, there was a Cointaker Red Tremor already installed on it. When playing, the pin would practically dance across the floor since it was so strong. The shaking was also very loud and I felt it very distracting when it should be imersive. I am going to install a motor speed control switch to see if works, otherwise I will have to replace it too.

Screenshot_20201225-054551_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201225-054551_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
#9155 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Buttons and flipper mechs shouldn't have anything to do with each other in this circumstance. The buttons have a spring inside and push a leaf switch. Those are the two things you can check for your issue.

I guess the cabinet springs are stiffer. All my pin buttons are the same. Stock with internal springs.

#9156 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Does it do the job? Yes. Is it an over eager kiss as$? yup. I have zero complaints about my Red Tremor shaker in my ST.

#9157 3 years ago

Merry Christmas to me! Got my pingraffix side blades installed (wet method, super easy) and a very nice Titan pinmat! Wow that thing is comfortable! For some reason shipping was suuuuuper expensive on it, but I told my wife my feet and back will thank her every day for getting it!

Cleaned it, waxed it, shined it up. But it's super fast and even more fun!

20201226_231921 (resized).jpg20201226_231921 (resized).jpg20201226_231932 (resized).jpg20201226_231932 (resized).jpg20201226_231950 (resized).jpg20201226_231950 (resized).jpg20201228_174449 (resized).jpg20201228_174449 (resized).jpg20201228_174529 (resized).jpg20201228_174529 (resized).jpg20201228_174828 (resized).jpg20201228_174828 (resized).jpg
#9158 3 years ago

Greetings fellow ST owners.
Might have a bit of a problem.
The metal plate on the Warp ramp
does not rest perfectly flush on the playfield. Is it terrible? No, but...
You can feel the edge of the metal plate as rub your thumb on it. It is noticeable when compared to the other two ramps which are flush and are nice and smooth.
Trying not to be overly picky but its one of things that start to bug a guy.
Any remedy? Any advice?
Thanks.

#9159 3 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Might have a bit of a problem. The metal plate on the Warp ramp
You can feel the edge of the metal plate as rub your thumb on it.
It is noticeable when compared to the other two ramps
which are flush and are nice and smooth.
Trying not to be overly picky but its one of those things that start
to bug a guy.
Any remedy? Any advice?
Thanks.

Does it affect the ball at all? If not, I’d leave it alone unless it gets worse.

#9160 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Does it affect the ball at all? If not, I’d leave it alone unless it gets worse.

Yeah, it seems to be ok I suppose. Might affect the ball on a slower shot.
I wonder if it might scratch or scrape the ball maybe?

#9161 3 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

The flaps lifting is fairly common. If you want to replace them you would need the tools and parts. They are riveted on so rivet press, rivets, and then spring steel to cut or buy the flaps precut.

#9162 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Quoted from DudeRegular:

The flaps lifting is fairly common. If you want to replace them you would need the tools and parts. They are riveted on so rivet press, rivets, and then spring steel to cut or buy the flaps precut.

Thanks for the input fellas.

#9163 3 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

I just put some mylar over mine and it works just fine.

#9164 3 years ago

You can bend it back. Just remove the two small screws near the flap and you can lift it a small amount and fit a small support under the flap and reshape it.

#9165 3 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Might have a bit of a problem.
The metal plate on the Warp ramp
You can feel the edge of the metal plate as rub your thumb on it. It is noticeable when compared to the other two ramps which are flush and are nice and smooth.
Trying not to be overly picky but its one of things that start to bug a guy.
Any remedy? Any advice?
Thanks.

Mine does the same thing. It's minimal so I don't worry about it.

#9166 3 years ago

Thanks for all the suggestions.
Appreciate it.

#9167 3 years ago

Okay so I seem to be having a weird issue where the left flipper button won’t open the controlled gate for the skill shot.

#9169 3 years ago

Make sure Pinbits is still up and shipping first

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-pinbits-still-filling-orders-the-sequel#post-6028107

Hopefully they are, but saw this thread about a week ago

#9170 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Okay so I seem to be having a weird issue where the left flipper button won’t open the controlled gate for the skill shot.

Does the gate open during regular play?

#9171 3 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Make sure Pinbits is still up and shipping first
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-pinbits-still-filling-orders-the-sequel#post-6028107
Hopefully they are, but saw this thread about a week ago

Oh no! I'm glad you shared that! I was just about ready to pay for the sling plastics! I've wanted them for a while now.

This is not good!

#9172 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Does the gate open during regular play?

I’m starting to wonder now if it is, the gate works in test, both coils left #51 and right #52 work fine but now I think about it I’m not sure if I’ve ever made a right orbit shot to right spinner.

Will have to do some investigating tonight.

#9173 3 years ago

Can anyone tell me when the gate is supposed to open during gameplay for a right orbit to left orbit/spinner? Thanks

#9174 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Can anyone tell me when the gate is supposed to open during gameplay for a right orbit to left orbit/spinner? Thanks

In any mode besides PD1-Galactic, it should be open. Not in a mode, closed.

#9175 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

In any mode besides PD1-Galactic, it should be open. Not in a mode, closed.

Thanks dude I’ll play tonight, I often play PD so I’ll avoid that one tonight and see what’s going on, strange it works in test but doesn’t appear to work in game. Thanks again and happy new year.

#9176 3 years ago

Okay so played a tonne of ST the other night and my left orbit gate is always closed but works perfectly fine in test.

Doesn’t open on launch with left flipper button held down either.

Anyone else had this??

Edit: running 1.62 code so the latest on Sterns site.

#9177 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Okay so played a tonne of ST the other night and my left orbit gate is always closed but works perfectly fine in test.
Anyone else had this??

That’s a bit baffling. Perhaps a connector somewhere has come loose and a logic signal to open the gate is not getting through. I would probably call Stern and ask them.

#9178 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone else had this??

Check the orbit rollover switches by rolling a ball over them. There is a chance those aren't registering properly and not triggering the gate. Make sure to use the ball to test and not your hands.

#9179 3 years ago

Problem solved no idea what the issue was I tried everything then reloaded the latest code gate opened on launch with left flipper button down. Huge difference in gameplay it was fast and flowed before but that gate working is a game changer!

#9180 3 years ago

Glad you got it solved! It is a pretty critical part of the game to be able to make that orbit shot.

#9181 3 years ago

Picked up a Star Trek Pro this weekend. Couple questions:

Appears it's missing a plastic between the 2 pop bumpers (behind the Black Hole) where I've circled in yellow. Anyone know where I might be able to source this plastic, or a high-res scan of it?

Also, should there be a single post next to the bumper, where this screw is installed? (Purple arrow) Ball keeps getting hung up here.

PXL_20210103_232751699~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20210103_232751699~2 (resized).jpg
#9182 3 years ago
Quoted from BW78:

Also, should there be a single post next to the bumper, where this screw is installed? (Purple arrow) Ball keeps getting hung up here.

Yes the screw is to be there.... If you scan through the post you come across the same thing...
In all, it is to keep the ball from getting stuck/trapped.

#9183 3 years ago

Since the pin is so recent, Stern has loads of all the parts. Just contact a distributor.

#9184 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Have you done a coil test on that gate to make sure the coil isn't dead? That would be my guess, if the flipper button itself has been functioning fine...

#9185 3 years ago

I do. The one I didn't install was the top left corner, near the Alpha and warp ramps. It seemed like a substantial amount of work to protect a 1" stretch of playfield real estate in I figure if it ever cracks, then I'll replace the plastics and install the pinbit at the same time.

That being said, all the other installed pinbits have been great...

#9186 3 years ago
Quoted from Aard:

I have a Star Trek Pro and want to have some mods installed on it. What are your favourite mods?
I was thinking about upgrading the plastic ramps left and right with the wireframe ramps from the LE machine. Unfortunately I don't know where to buy them.

Zitt's bird of prey is spectacular. I'm working on installing the Nebula mod soon as well...

The Vengeance light ring is an absolute must for our family.

There's an Enterprise mod too, off of the Hallmark Kelvin that's another must have.

The Mezel Mods warp ramp diffuser and their Vengeance explosion mods are great.

#9187 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Yes! Cliffys are awesome. My pro was built in 2019 and already had the metal ramp protectors strangely enough. So all I added was the ball eject protector.

There was a great video on YouTube that showed the installation of the Cliffy ball eject protector on a Premium, which made installing it on the Pro very easy for a first timer. Installing the Alpha Ramp one was quite a bit harder without a road map...

#9188 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Zitt's bird of prey is spectacular. I'm working on installing the Nebula mod soon as well...
The Vengeance light ring is an absolute must for our family.
There's an Enterprise mod too, off of the Hallmark Kelvin that's another must have.
The Mezel Mods warp ramp diffuser and their Vengeance explosion mods are great.

I have the warp ramp diffuser as well. It's ok. It keeps coming off. It didn't have much to hold it in and needs a slot in the back so the wires don't press it to come off.

The vengeance ring light mod is outstanding. #1 best mod. I got the red one. The explosion mod is great as well.

One of the coolest mods are the dome covers. They do such a great job of making it look like the "beam me up Scotty" effect with the doke lights. Pretty cool. Not sure why they aren't on every game honestly!

Id love to get the bird of prey and Enterprise but they are pretty expensive.

I just ordered a shaker motor as well and hope to have it installed this weekend.

#9189 3 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

If love to get the bird of prey and Enterprise but they are pretty expensive.

The problem with the Klingon and Kelvin mods is that they are expensive to buy as a pre-built plug-in product. It takes at least an hour for me to build the Klingon mod.. almost 2 for the Kelvin. Of course; both were available as DIY kits so you can do the labor yourself.

I don't even offer Klingon built-to-order anymore as I can't get the Mattel ship easily. Customers now how to buy and ship the ship to me for assembly at their cost.

#9190 3 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

One of the coolest mods are the dome covers. They do such a great job of making it look like the "beam me up Scotty" effect with the doke lights. Pretty cool. Not sure why they aren't on every game honestly!
Id love to get the bird of prey and Enterprise but they are pretty expensive.

Cheers on the incoming shaker motor!

If it helps, the BOP and Enterprise mods may be pricey, but the workmanship is worth every blessed penny in the long run...

As an alternative to the dome covers, I use Zitt's "Alert" decals on my domes, just as another option for those who may so choose. It's a very, very subtle mod, most casual players may not even notice that they're there, I love knowing that they're there.

#9191 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

The problem with the Klingon and Kelvin mods is that they are expensive to buy as a pre-built plug-in product. It takes at least an hour for me to build the Klingon mod.. almost 2 for the Kelvin. Of course; both were available as DIY kits so you can do the labor yourself.
I don't even offer Klingon built-to-order anymore as I can't get the Mattel ship easily. Customers now how to buy and ship the ship to me for assembly at their cost.

Oh I totally get why they are expensive. That wasn't a dig. Heard nothing but great things about your mods! I just have to pace myself! I 100% want both of them. How would I go about doing the klingon ship?

#9192 3 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Oh I totally get why they are expensive. That wasn't a dig. Heard nothing but great things about your mods! I just have to pace myself! I 100% want both of them. How would I go about doing the klingon ship?

Kelvin mod is absolutely worth every penny off Zitt it fills the only empty space on the game and looks fantastic with the under light kit Zitt makes for it.

Enterprise mod is also fantastic and a must have imo. And if you have a Prem/LE the upgrades laser mod is the no.1 must have mod it’s a night and day difference!

#9193 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Kelvin mod is absolutely worth every penny off zitt it fills the only empty space on the game and looks fantastic with the under light kit zitt makes for it.

I've seen pictures, it looks amazing! Sadly, I think it may be discontinued...?

#9194 3 years ago

Hi folks. I just made may way here to the club. I picked up a star trek pro monday and played great until. Lol. It had the original code in it so I updated it last night to the new code on sterns website. Everything went good in installing code. But now i have weird behavior, the game keeps saying warp 5, warp 7 and more warps kinda like a cd skipping. Goes into double scoring and a few other crazy stuff. Im not sure if it's a bad switch that just showed up the same time as i installed code or shortly after or is this the code doing it? I did play a game or two right after install and played with no issues but no long game. I don't know star trek enough so I am reaching out for a solution. Thank you.

#9195 3 years ago
Quoted from smersh:

Hi folks. I just made may way here to the club. I picked up a star trek pro monday and played great until. Lol. It had the original code in it so I updated it last night to the new code on sterns website. Everything went good in installing code. But now i have weird behavior, the game keeps saying warp 5, warp 7 and more warps kinda like a cd skipping. Goes into double scoring and a few other crazy stuff. Im not sure if it's a bad switch that just showed up the same time as i installed code or shortly after or is this the code doing it? I did play a game or two right after install and played with no issues but no long game. I don't know star trek enough so I am reaching out for a solution. Thank you.

Definitely not a code thing, so just unfortunate timing. It sounds like you have a flaky opto on your warp ramp. Clean them, make sure their connection is solid, and check that the mounting is not loose. If no change, check solder joints on optos and the opto board. Worst case they might need to be replaced, but if so they are cheap and easy.

#9196 3 years ago

Does anyone know who makes an awesome shooter rod for this game?
cheers

#9197 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Definitely not a code thing, so just unfortunate timing. It sounds like you have a flaky opto on your warp ramp. Clean them, make sure their connection is solid, and check that the mounting is not loose. If no change, check solder joints on optos and the opto board. Worst case they might need to be replaced, but if so they are cheap and easy.

excellent i will give that a try this evening

#9198 3 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Does anyone know who makes an awesome shooter rod for this game?
cheers

I put this on my Premium:
https://superskillshot.com/products/star-trek-starfleet-command-pin-le-shooter?_pos=3&_sid=b0acc58f8&_ss=r

#9199 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

So I had a J1 connector on the Warp ramp opto board loose and intermitting. I fixed that! I also had a broken diode on the spinner micro switch so fixed that. Turned on pressed start and nothing....after a moment it started game and started going right up the warps,, skipping sounds, double scoring, extra ball, heck I think it even paid my mortgage. All that with the ball in the shooter lane. I put in test mode and went to switch test and 4 optos where blowing up the test oscillating very fast, rapidly. None of the 3 other opto boards and there four opto would register. So I shut pin off reseted every opto connector to their boards. Seems to work and play correctly now. A little nervous. lol. I did read in a forum post from a few years back that the new code made the optos more sensitive and unplugging and plugging back in was recommended.

#9200 3 years ago
Quoted from smersh:

So I had a J1 connector on the Warp ramp opto board loose and intermitting. I fixed that! I also had a broken diode on the spinner micro switch so fixed that. Turned on pressed start and nothing....after a moment it started game and started going right up the warps,, skipping sounds, double scoring, extra ball, heck I think it even paid my mortgage. All that with the ball in the shooter lane. I put in test mode and went to switch test and 4 optos where blowing up the test oscillating very fast, rapidly. None of the 3 other opto boards and there four opto would register. So I shut pin off reseted every opto connector to their boards. Seems to work and play correctly now. A little nervous. lol. I did read in a forum post from a few years back that the new code made the optos more sensitive and unplugging and plugging back in was recommended.

Yikes...craziness. Glad you found the original gremlins. I'm pretty sure if mine was paying the mortgage I would just leave it be, LOL!

I wonder if maybe you could have plugged a connector in wrong (one pin off?) or created a short somewhere that caused the wackiness. Then when you reseated them again it corrected it? If it happens again, I would check everything over very closely for an intermittent short. It can be really easy to get a drip of solder or a stray bit of wire somewhere.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, SC
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
$ 10.00
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 10.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 10.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 49.99
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Spring Grove, IL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marion, NC
There are 10,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/184?hl=scoot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.