Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
DSCN3233 (resized).JPG

There are 10,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 216.
#9101 3 years ago

IMG_4898 (resized).jpgIMG_4898 (resized).jpg
Hi! Have this parts, if somebody need something everything is available for sale

#9102 3 years ago

I have a Star Trek Pro and want to have some mods installed on it. What are your favourite mods?
I was thinking about upgrading the plastic ramps left and right with the wireframe ramps from the LE machine. Unfortunately I don't know where to buy them.

#9103 3 years ago
Quoted from Aard:

I have a Star Trek Pro and want to have some mods installed on it. What are your favourite mods?
I was thinking about upgrading the plastic ramps left and right with the wireframe ramps from the LE machine. Unfortunately I don't know where to buy them.

I would bet with the cost associated you may be able to move up to a premium machine for not much more than buying a bunch of parts and trying to make it work.

#9104 3 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

I just verified on my game, the Warp skill shot is 500,000 and the "lift the flipper" orbit skill shot is 1,000,000. I played another game where the only warp skill shot I made was on ball 2 or 3 and that was worth 600,000. So somehow the value can be increased.

The hold the right flipper button to warp ramp shot is 1,500,000.

#9105 3 years ago
Quoted from Aard:

I have done a few mods. I like them all. And they aren't really that expensive. The play cards were free!

Vengeance light mod is the most noticeable. Along with the vengeance explosion under the ship. Both worth every penny. I got the sticker to cover up above the explosion as well.

I put a new rubbers set on it in clear. Love it. Noticing tho that it gets dirty FAST and I need to clean them already.

Did a bunch of lighting mods and changes and am very happy with them. The trough light is very good and looks great.

I would Love to do the wire forms like you said and do the eject up the loop onto the wire form. Now it ejects and often hits the sling and bounces directly into the right out lane. No fun.

Hoping for side blades and a headphone jack for Christmas. And there are some sling covers with hexagons etched in them that I'll be getting as well. Maybe one day ill be able to afford a better back glass.

#9106 3 years ago
Quoted from Aard:

Mirror blades look great on my pro. Relatively cheap and easy to install, I highly recommend.

I also put shaker motors on all of my sterns. It adds a whole new element to the game and the resale value holds more than other mods.

Last, if you have the money, this is one of the best games to add a color DMD to. Probably my favorite mod and a must have IMO.

0CFE24B5-83F9-4D95-AC2B-FFA0FBA05452 (resized).jpeg0CFE24B5-83F9-4D95-AC2B-FFA0FBA05452 (resized).jpegC1F587E1-EE27-465F-A036-F9CFC3492D8E (resized).jpegC1F587E1-EE27-465F-A036-F9CFC3492D8E (resized).jpeg
#9107 3 years ago
Quoted from Aard:

Re posting:
Stern Star_Trek - Comprehensive mod list as seen here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-comprehensive-mod-list

#9108 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Mirror blades look great on my pro. Relatively cheap and easy to install, I highly recommend.
I also put shaker motors on all of my sterns. It adds a whole new element to the game and the resale value holds more than other mods.
Last, if you have the money, this is one of the best games to add a color DMD to. Probably my favorite mod and a must have IMO.[quoted image][quoted image]

I've done all three of those mods to my STPro and whole heartedly agree. The only other mod I've done is to add Cliffy's for ramp protection.

#9109 3 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

I've done all three of those mods to my STPro and whole heartedly agree. The only other mod I've done is to add Cliffy's for ramp protection.

Yes! Cliffys are awesome. My pro was built in 2019 and already had the metal ramp protectors strangely enough. So all I added was the ball eject protector.

#9110 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Mirror blades look great on my pro. Relatively cheap and easy to install, I highly recommend...

Those do look nice. I've been looking at art blades for mine, but can't say I found any that tickles my fancy.

Are those real mirror, or the polished metal?

#9111 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Those do look nice. I've been looking at art blades for mine, but can't say I found any that tickles my fancy.
Are those real mirror, or the polished metal?

mbwalker i didn’t know there was a difference! If I had to guess, I’d say they are real mirror. I bought a pair from coin taker during their Black Friday sale. I threw the other set on my AIQ and absolutely love the way it looks. Takes the light shows to a whole new level!

#9112 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Last, if you have the money, this is one of the best games to add a color DMD to. Probably my favorite mod and a must have IMO.[quoted image][quoted image]

I definitely want a shaker and cointaker has them at $45 right now!

My pro has a color dmd too and I have to say it's by far the best thing on it! It's so we'll find that I forget it's a mod and stock is that ugly all red thing. Puke.

#9113 3 years ago

Hi all, im new in the club, just got a Star Trek PRO but with a broken led line on the standard display.
Anyone know where i can find a pin2dmd file for the star trek pro?
thanks

#9114 3 years ago
Quoted from Aard:

Get Zitt mods his stuff is brilliant and the quality is top notch!

I’ve got his laser upgrade (a must have! Night and day difference!)
Nebula upgrade (subtle but effective)
Blackout mod
Pop cap upgrade (a must have!)
Upgrade enterprise mod on the right ramp (looks 10x better than Sterns factory one)
And the Kelvin ship (nicely fills the back right of the playfield)

#9115 3 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I definitely want a shaker and cointaker has them at $45 right now!
My pro has a color dmd too and I have to say it's by far the best thing on it! It's so we'll find that I forget it's a mod and stock is that ugly all red thing. Puke.

Just checking the cointaker site, shows shaker still at $109. Where do you see it for $45? Is it a discount code or something?

#9116 3 years ago
Quoted from FugTM:

Just checking the cointaker site, shows shaker still at $109. Where do you see it for $45? Is it a discount code or something?

Their red tremor is the one on sale.

https://cointaker.com/products/s-a-m-system-shaker-motor-by-cointaker

I had one of these ina game before. It was crazy strong. Adjusting the weights helped bring it back to something a bit more reasonable. It would shape the game out the door otherwise lol.

#9117 3 years ago
Quoted from FugTM:

https://cointaker.com/products?keywords=Star+trek

Both are on sale here.

Is it worth $45?

#9118 3 years ago

If people were paying 100 for it, do you have to ask?

#9119 3 years ago

I LOVE the shaker implementation on ST. No brainier, especially at that price.

#9120 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

If people were paying 100 for it, do you have to ask?

I couldn't help but notice these are not "Stern approved" and they mention a warranty could be voided if non stern equipment is installed.
The Stern shaker is $109. The coin taker versions are $45 although one of them is sold out.

Pros? Cons? Who has a cointaker version? Who decided not to get one and why?

#9121 3 years ago
Quoted from DystopicPinball:

Hi all, im new in the club, just got a Star Trek PRO but with a broken led line on the standard display.
Anyone know where i can find a pin2dmd file for the star trek pro?
thanks

You can put pin2dmd on your ST, but it will not colorized like color dmd, if just 4 shades of red/orange/blue and other is ok for you, it will works fine. Maybe somebody will make colorization file and you can colorize your game on pin2dmd later.

But also if you have broken line on display, you can change just 8x8 led module and it will works fine. It's typpical problem for led DMD on stern, i have same issue on my Iron Man, i just swap led module for 10$ (got it on Marco) and it's works perfectly.

#9122 3 years ago
Quoted from FugTM:

I have the Stern version and agree that a shaker is a great addition.
I went Stern since it was only a few $ more.
Haven't heard anything bad about the Red Tremor ones, except a few comments that they are very strong out of the box and may need to be adjusted to keep from shaking your house down.

#9123 3 years ago
Quoted from FugTM:

I couldn't help but notice these are not "Stern approved" and they mention a warranty could be voided if non stern equipment is installed.
The Stern shaker is $109. The coin taker versions are $45 although one of them is sold out.

In the end its your cash man. The shaker works. I have not heard about them causing issues to other parts. Shakers can shake stuff loose. You may find a random screw or nut loose in the bottom of your cab, but that can happen anyways. Do you even have warranty left on your game?

#9124 3 years ago

Hey everyone! I picked up an Original run Star Trek Pro last week, love the game so far! Came with asteroids mod, mirror side blades and shaker. I just updated the code to 1.62 so we're all set.

The only thing I want to do to it is add a colorDMD to it, but from researching here and abroad it seems like the LCD doesn't sit flush and you need to either purchase the foam gasket they sell or DIY it from the hardware store. does the LED colorDMD sit flush? I really wanted to go with the LCD but i'm concerned the gap will bother me. Does anyone have a pro and the LCD that they could take some pics of to show how it looks recessed back?

Cheers

#9125 3 years ago
Quoted from cuebert:

Hey everyone! I picked up an Original run Star Trek Pro last week, love the game so far! Came with asteroids mod, mirror side blades and shaker. I just updated the code to 1.62 so we're all set.
The only thing I want to do to it is add a colorDMD to it, but from researching here and abroad it seems like the LCD doesn't sit flush and you need to either purchase the foam gasket they sell or DIY it from the hardware store. does the LED colorDMD sit flush? I really wanted to go with the LCD but i'm concerned the gap will bother me. Does anyone have a pro and the LCD that they could take some pics of to show how it looks recessed back?
Cheers

They do not sit flush. I have one and do not have the gasket. Can you see it, yes. Did it matter, not at all. It's a cheap thing to buy but when you are playing you can't tell. You can only see the gap from the side and light did not bleed threw.

At the end of the day I'll probably get one at some point, but I'm not in a rush and it is not necessary.

#9126 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I have the Stern version and agree that a shaker is a great addition.
I went Stern since it was only a few $ more.
Haven't heard anything bad about the Red Tremor ones, except a few comments that they are very strong out of the box and may need to be adjusted to keep from shaking your house down.

So when you install a shaker you just go into the menu and turn that option on? Nothing else to program?

#9127 3 years ago
Quoted from cuebert:

Cheers

I have a mix of LCD and LED ColorDMDs. For ST, I went with the LED because of the crisp colors as opposed to the LCD's somewhat muted colors. Just seemed to go better w/the bright GI colors. The LED does sit flush. I'm sure you would be happy with either. My GB has the LCD and I don't really notice it sitting back unless I open it up. I didn't even bother to fill the gap with foam.

Edit: I added a picture of the LCD in my GB. Can you see a gap? Sure - but I'm shooting at a sharp angle. Don't notice straight on. For me, I buy based on whether I want individual LEDs or a smoother LCD along with bright vs. somewhat muted colors. You can also see the difference in the whites, although the sun was shinning on GB more than ST - so maybe not a fair comparison.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#9128 3 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

So when you install a shaker you just go into the menu and turn that option on? Nothing else to program?

Plug it in. The shaker setting by default is already on. Maximal is what I usually run. That doesn't really control the strength of the motor, but rather controls how much it is used and perhaps for duration of motor spins.

For the strength of the motor you would adjust the offset of the weights.

#9129 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Plug it in. The shaker setting by default is already on. Maximal is what I usually run. That doesn't really control the strength of the motor, but rather controls how much it is used and perhaps for duration of motor spins.
For the strength of the motor you would adjust the offset of the weights.

Thanks!

#9130 3 years ago

What are the plastics that cover up the lights in the upper pop lanes called?

Stock is blue, and I want clear. But I don't even know what to look up.

Thanks!

#9131 3 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

What are the plastics that cover up the lights in the upper pop lanes called?
Stock is blue, and I want clear. But I don't even know what to look up.
Thanks!

Lane guides?
Make sure you get the right length, since there are multiple sizes.

https://www.pinballlife.com/1-12-double-sided-lane-guide.html

#9132 3 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Correct. Set that adjustment to how much you want. I like "LOTS". Easy peasy.

#9133 3 years ago

Hey mbwalker thanks for the information and the pictures.. it really helps. I really like the LCD with the options it provides for the display, although the colors might be slightly muted over the LED. This will be my first go with a colorDMD... i guess if i went LCD and ultimately wasn't really a fan I could always swap it down the line and keep the LCD for a future machine.

I really do appreciate you offering up some pics though, thanks again!

#9134 3 years ago
Quoted from cuebert:

Hey mbwalker thanks for the information and the pictures.. it really helps. I really like the LCD with the options it provides for the display, although the colors might be slightly muted over the LED. This will be my first go with a colorDMD... i guess if i went LCD and ultimately wasn't really a fan I could always swap it down the line and keep the LCD for a future machine.
I really do appreciate you offering up some pics though, thanks again!

Nothing wrong w/swapping later on! The LCD in my GB was first in my TWD (then TWD went to LED). Just keep in mind you may need some additional wiring adapters when switching between systems (i.e. SAM vs. Spike). Doesn't cost much, but shipping runs up the price a bit.

#9135 3 years ago

Here is my LED in Star Trek. I much prefer the LED with glare guard. I use a little weather strip from Home Depot as well. Also in home use get rid of the clear panel, its useless. There is no reason to have it recessed back.

1580459B-677A-481F-B4FF-EC9AB3216205 (resized).jpeg1580459B-677A-481F-B4FF-EC9AB3216205 (resized).jpeg

#9136 3 years ago
Quoted from cuebert:

Cheers

Do you have any clearance issues with the mirror blades and the playfield? I have side blades and the playfield is super close to the cab. The left ramp support post actually touches the playfield. Is there a way to adjust the playfield in the cabinet?

#9137 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Lane guides?
Make sure you get the right length, since there are multiple sizes.
https://www.pinballlife.com/1-12-double-sided-lane-guide.html

Yep those! Only not those bc the don't have the posts for the screws. But lane guides is what I need to search.

Thank you!

#9138 3 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Do you have any clearance issues with the mirror blades and the playfield? I have side blades and the playfield is super close to the cab. The left ramp support post actually touches the playfield. Is there a way to adjust the playfield in the cabinet?

I've always found there is very little wiggle room for the playfields in the cab. Sideblades of any sort are going to bite into any clearance gap. You just need to be super careful when pulling the PF out so you don't scratch/ding your sideblades.

#9139 3 years ago
Quoted from cuebert:

I've always found there is very little wiggle room for the playfields in the cab. Sideblades of any sort are going to bite into any clearance gap. You just need to be super careful when pulling the PF out so you don't scratch/ding your sideblades.

I'm super worried about this if/when I get side blades. I seem to scratch the right side every single time I lift the playfield.

#9141 3 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I'm super worried about this if/when I get side blades. I seem to scratch the right side every single time I lift the playfield.

If you're always banging on the right side when you lift your PF, then you're right arm is too dominate You need to put pressure to teh left while you slide it and lift.. it should remove the tension you're finding and reduce the chance of damage

#9142 3 years ago

I have a set of side blades in my AC/DC and sadly they are a mess. If you're super careful and rarely lift your playfield then they do look good. If you like to tinker and work on your pins a lot I don't recommend them. I haven't tried mirror blades they are probably more durable but keep in mind the decals are easily damaged.

#9144 3 years ago

Yes. Definitely going to order those

#9145 3 years ago

Just received mine. Highly recommend them.

#9146 3 years ago

I have 14 pins that have either pin blades or mirror blades. Unfortunately 4 of them have small tears in the pin blades from before I found the cabinet protectors (great product). My Star Trek Premium has lots of room on the sides and I probably don’t need to use the cabinet protectors with it but they are good insurance.

#9148 3 years ago

My ST pro flipper buttons are harder to push in than my other 10 pins. I have LOTR and TSPP and their buttons are easy as my Williams and DE. The buttons are the same as the other pins. Nothing out of the ordinary in the cabinet. Are the flipper mechs different?

#9149 3 years ago

I can't find the original location of plastic 31-1803-26 on my STTNG. It clearly wasn't located on the correct location.

IMG_20201224_150454 (resized).jpgIMG_20201224_150454 (resized).jpg
#9150 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

My ST pro flipper buttons are harder to push in than my other 10 pins. I have LOTR and TSPP and their buttons are easy as my Williams and DE. The buttons are the same as the other pins. Nothing out of the ordinary in the cabinet. Are the flipper mechs different?

Buttons and flipper mechs shouldn't have anything to do with each other in this circumstance. The buttons have a spring inside and push a leaf switch. Those are the two things you can check for your issue.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marion, NC
Machine - For Sale
Spring Grove, IL
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winter Garden, FL
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods
Toppers
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models
Decals
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 45.00
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
There are 10,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/183?hl=scoot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.