Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 216.
#8851 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

It works perfectly. I have both boards in my STTNG.

Thank You!

#8852 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

No it wouldn't. Super ramps are independent of modes. Sounds normal to me.

sorry it said galactic ramps are lit (or galactic warp ramp is lit) can't remember but it did say 'galactic' not 'super' (that was my mistake when I said super ramps).

#8853 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just played today first time I’ve come on this but I did an away team shot and it said supper ramps is quailed but it also must have been the last shot timer so it just sent me into the pick a mission routine. Must be a bug because if super ramps were qualified that would have added time etc.

The Away Team shot also functions to start the next mode when it is flashing. You had probably just completed the third mission on the right side of the triangle, which gives you three in a row and super ramps.

#8854 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

sorry it said galactic ramps are lit (or galactic warp ramp is lit) can't remember but it did say 'galactic' not 'super' (that was my mistake when I said super ramps).

Sorry, missed this reply when I responded to the previous quote.

#8855 3 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Sorry, missed this reply when I responded to the previous quote.

I think it must've been simultaneous that the last shot became lit just as I hit the GAT shot, but it was weird to me that it said 'galactic warp ramp is lit' at the same time that the mode was over pick a new mode.

#8856 3 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

The Away Team shot also functions to start the next mode when it is flashing. You had probably just completed the third mission on the right side of the triangle, which gives you three in a row and super ramps.

Anyone have a secret technique they use to hit that away team shot? I'm struggling for sure.

D

#8857 3 years ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

Anyone have a secret technique they use to hit that away team shot? I'm struggling for sure.
D

should be easier when the ball is trapped (not easy on the roll) but also make sure you drop the away team flipper to close the door as the ball gets past it gives it a bit extra encouragement to get in.

#8858 3 years ago
Quoted from M1Cha3l:

Quick question I have a STTNG and I converted everything to LED and now some of the lights don't work correctly. I searched and realized I can't really do this on the machine and was wondering if installing an LED OCD Board and GI OCD board will correct the issue. if not what is the best solution to keep a full LED conversion and have lights work properly? Thanks!

Like MrMikeman said, it works great. I put in the LED OCB and GI OCD boards in mine as well - very happy with the results.

If you're not already aware, there's a specific STTNG group here on pinside (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-owners-club). There's a great wealth of information there (and support from fellow pinsiders) specific to STTNG. Very handy if you run into issues.

#8859 3 years ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

D

What I do is hit and hold both flippers at the same time when hitting the ball off the left flipper. It's a distraction to me to raise the right the right flipper first. Still a challenging and fun shot.

#8860 3 years ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

D

Try a quick backhand from the right flipper. On my pin it is solid option. Admittedly I haven't had as much success with it on other STs.

#8861 3 years ago

Every now and then on my Stern Star Trek Premium the ball get stuck on top of the Vengeance drop target while it's down. I've seen posts about the drop target not dropping - this is different, it has dropped but the ball is on top of it and won't roll down because I guess the target is not 100% flush with the playfield.

Is there a simple fix for this?

#8862 3 years ago
Quoted from sebgrinke:

Every now and then on my Stern Star Trek Premium the ball get stuck on top of the Vengeance drop target while it's down. I've seen posts about the drop target not dropping - this is different, it has dropped but the ball is on top of it and won't roll down because I guess the target is not 100% flush with the playfield.
Is there a simple fix for this?

It is a simple fix. Screw these screws in until the drop target is flush.

20201014_170614 (resized).jpg20201014_170614 (resized).jpg
#8863 3 years ago

Cool - thanks!

#8864 3 years ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

D

The other super fun way is shoot the right orbit and let it come around and dead flip off both lower flippers and then lift the upper flipper at the last second. My pin goes through phases where this is really consistent.

#8865 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

The other super fun way is shoot the right orbit and let it come around and dead flip off both lower flippers and then lift the upper flipper at the last second. My pin goes through phases where this is really consistent.

I never tried that but could be like on my Metallica where an orbit will dead flip into the scoop.

#8866 3 years ago

Curious what Stern Star Trek Pro is valued at ?

It is huo , with about 750 plays
has color dmd
Aurich translite
side blades
a couple additional toy ships installed

thanks much

#8867 3 years ago

#8868 3 years ago
Quoted from alleycat-pinball:

Curious what Stern Star Trek Pro is valued at ?
It is huo , with about 750 plays
has color dmd
Aurich translite
side blades
a couple additional toy ships installed
thanks much

These are still available NIB so keep that in mind when deciding what a used game is worth to you and what value you place on the mods already installed. To me, 750 plays is barely touched, but most likely past infant mortality issues on the parts.

#8869 3 years ago

I’m not sure about the price but I sold SM with color DMD for $5300 this should be in that range maybe a bit higher or lower.

I’m guessing anywhere from $4900 to $5300

I think any higher price would get people looking at ST premium.

#8870 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m not sure about the price but I sold SM with color DMD for $5300 this should be in that range maybe a bit higher or lower.
I’m guessing anywhere from $4900 to $5300
I think any higher price would get people looking at ST premium.

I'm thinking about the same. Maybe up to $5500 having both the Color DMD and Aurich package which is now tough to find and pretty desirable. I think closer to $5k would be a pretty quick sale, $5.5k might sit awhile waiting for the right buyer, but not crazy.

#8871 3 years ago

I just bought a ST Pro with Aurich and Vengeance for $4900 so I concur.

#8872 3 years ago

You’re better off to take out the color DMD and sell for 4900-5000. Use it in another game later, saving yourself the 400 bucks...

#8873 3 years ago
Quoted from airplanequartet:

You’re better off to take out the color DMD and sell for 4900-5000. Use it in another game later, saving yourself the 400 bucks...

Yup, I agree with this 100%. For whatever reason there are tons of people out there who don’t “value” upgrades to pins. Take out the color DMD and offer it to the buyer for an additional $300.

#8874 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Yup, I agree with this 100%. For whatever reason there are tons of people out there who don’t “value” upgrades to pins. Take out the color DMD and offer it to the buyer for an additional $300.

The reason is that some of us actually like to play pinball and don't care about 'upgrades'.

I will say that the color dmd is nice, but I'm still not interested in paying for it.

#8875 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

The reason is that some of us actually like to play pinball and don't care about 'upgrades'.
I will say that the color dmd is nice, but I'm still not interested in paying for it.

That’s great for you!

That means you’ll get the game at $4900 with a regular DMD.

#8876 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

That’s great for you!
That means you’ll get the game at $4900 with a regular DMD.

Or is he one of those “I don’t want it therefore I shouldn’t pay for it but I don’t want you to remove it”...

#8877 3 years ago

Color DMD is best mod ever, worth every penny. I’ve bought at least a dozen maybe more.

#8878 3 years ago

What do you think about my new Topper Projekt?

Added over 3 years ago:

#8879 3 years ago

For Sale:

Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “Low plays (106), Exceptionally beautiful Star Trek (I am 1st owner). Questions just contact Dave via TEXT: 262-408-9914 I have the invoice, manual, goodie bag, etc. See documents...”
2020-10-18
Saukville, WI
4,900 (OBO)
Archived after: 5 days
Viewed: 850 times

1 week later
#8880 3 years ago

Joined the club today!

Couldn't be happier.

Went from Getaway to (another Richie) Star Trek.

Can't wait to grab a few miss and really get into it.

Kids are loving it too. And the wife is happy I'm happy.

20201025_002846 (resized).jpg20201025_002846 (resized).jpg20201025_002854 (resized).jpg20201025_002854 (resized).jpg
#8881 3 years ago

1 stainless steel panel back in stock

253c7f83ce0ff7cfc212cdbc22885b596dccc0f4 (resized).jpg253c7f83ce0ff7cfc212cdbc22885b596dccc0f4 (resized).jpg
#8882 3 years ago

Just looking at modding my Star Trek Premium, and I would have a few questions:

- With regards to the laser, which option is best: the GI dimmer or the replacement green or blue laser ? Looks like the blue laser is rather high power, and the green would be preferred for safety ?
- With regards to the PoP bumper caps, are they going to be restocked anytime soon ?

Regards

#8883 3 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Joined the club today!
Couldn't be happier.
Went from Getaway to (another Richie) Star Trek.
Can't wait to grab a few miss and really get into it.
Kids are loving it too. And the wife is happy I'm happy.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome. I recommend the pinbulbs.com upgrade for the bulbs. Buy a couple extra Cyans for the shield targets and a couple red/oranges for under the upper L playfield

#8884 3 years ago

Scoot #8862 Thanks again I just noticed that adjusting the drop target screws so it's flush with the playfield also fixed the ball going SDTM when rolling out of the Vengeance.

#8885 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Just looking at modding my Star Trek Premium, and I would have a few questions:
- With regards to the laser, which option is best: the GI dimmer or the replacement green or blue laser ? Looks like the blue laser is rather high power, and the green would be preferred for safety ?

On my personal machine; I have our high power blue. The safety is a concern only if you operate without the star field generation cap ... and it's a concern for all the lasers.

If I'm being honest; the green contrasts the best because of the redness of the playfield art. Blue tends to be absorbed by the lower part of the PF.

Quoted from Ashram56:

- With regards to the PoP bumper caps, are they going to be restocked anytime soon ?
Regards

Stern Star Trek Popcap are retired as explained here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinioninterest-check-stern-star-trek-popcaps/page/5#post-5874987
There is a very small chance a may have a few available at some point; that said - you should consider these not being restocked and only available second hand on machines.

#8886 3 years ago

I'm doing a small run of my Star Trek translite/decal packages if anyone is looking to ditch the actors and pimp their game up some. I think most people who were interested have already contacted me, but just dropping a quick note in here to PM me if you weren't on my list and you want in. Closing the list soon, so kinda last minute call.

#8887 3 years ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

Awesome. I recommend the pinbulbs.com upgrade for the bulbs. Buy a couple extra Cyans for the shield targets and a couple red/oranges for under the upper L playfield

It was actually all led'd out with 2smd's from cointaker from the last guy. Except for the red ship inserts on the right. Those are on a board.

I got a nice mods package coming already. Couldn't resist. Coming next is a headphone/audio control and shaker.

But I'm eyeballing that stainless steel one in the comments just above tho.

#8888 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm doing a small run of my Star Trek translite/decal packages if anyone is looking to ditch the actors and pimp their game up some. I think most people who were interested have already contacted me, but just dropping a quick note in here to PM me if you weren't on my list and you want in. Closing the list soon, so kinda last minute call.

Ever consider STTNG?

#8889 3 years ago

Looking for suggestions on color of trough lighting for my ST Pro

#8890 3 years ago

My days of doing titles with licenses like Star Trek are over to be honest. There's a reason I don't advertise the Stern one anymore and just do these little personal runs for people. Happy to do it quietly, but if you start a new thread full of pics you're just asking for a polite email asking you to stop.

So it goes, not mad about it. But that's how it is now, mods are a big business instead of fun community stuff more like back when I started.

Just means if you get one of these packages now it's a bit more special is the way I look at it.

#8891 3 years ago

Good morning,

I just noticed that the led on top of my vengeance is actually dead. This is lamp 56, and in the manual it's not very clear how it's mounted and what part to use to replace it.

Any pointer on this ?

Thanks

#8892 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Good morning,
I just noticed that the led on top of my vengeance is actually dead. This is lamp 56, and in the manual it's not very clear how it's mounted and what part to use to replace it.
Any pointer on this ?
Thanks

Please let us know when you figure it out. I'd like to change mine to red and want to know how.

Good luck!

#8893 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Good morning,
Any pointer on this ?
Thanks

Its more likely a broken wire, check the wiring harness near the ship. broken wire seems to be the issue 90% of the time.

#8894 3 years ago

i will do a re order of the stainless steel panels today

iif you want to join send me a PM asap
253c7f83ce0ff7cfc212cdbc22885b596dccc0f4 (resized).jpg253c7f83ce0ff7cfc212cdbc22885b596dccc0f4 (resized).jpg

#8895 3 years ago

Waiting to hear back from two people about alt Star Trek package, then I'm closing the list and putting the order in. Still getting a few trickles on interest from this thread though. If you want in just let me know in the next couple days then I'm moving forward. Thanks!

eject (resized).jpgeject (resized).jpg

#8896 3 years ago

have a really nice pro im thinking about letting go in the st. louis area, not a a scratch on her comes with topper and a few mods. with or w/o aurich package.

#8897 3 years ago

Anyone considering this as a topper (lol)?

#8898 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

i will do a re order of the stainless steel panels today
iif you want to join send me a PM asap

Where do you run the EL paper wire? Are you going through the speaker grill?

#8899 3 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

Where do you run the EL paper wire? Are you going through the speaker grill?

yes i drilled a hole into the original panel

some people run the cable infant between thicker mirror tape to the right/left and don't drilled

tom

i will order today new ones if someone will join the preorder list let me know

i also have some layered metal sheets for the warp-plasma topper

#8900 3 years ago
Quoted from sebgrinke:

Anyone considering this as a topper (lol)?

Wait until after the holidays when everything is 75%+ off, grabbed a bunch of stuff cheap last year.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 24.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Oklahoma City, OK
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/178?hl=scoot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.