Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
There are 10,796 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 216.
#8751 3 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Thank you, I am on the road now but just ordered a new pair of optos from Pinball Life in case mine are bad. Before I left on my trip, I was able to stick a pencil into the left side opto hole and it seemed that the opto was securely in place, so it may have just gone bad. I found an old thread here regarding upper opto issues in this game and I imagine my experience is not new. I was surprised to find no thread locker was used in the ball trough switches, I know it's not really an option when threading into plastic or wood but would be useful when threaded into metal. Looking forward to getting back home and getting the issue resolved.

Finally got my issue resolved after replacing the upper opto switch under the Vengeance to no avail. The opto board that this switch plugs into was bad. Not something normally carried at the usual online spots so I had to go to Stern through my distro to get another one. Glad to be back at 100%, though in the meantime I steepened the playfield pitch and now I suck again at this game.

#8752 3 years ago

Anyone have a stern Star Trek pro or premium they are looking to sell? Preferably HUO.

Within 3-4 hours of Washington DC doable.

Thanks

#8753 3 years ago

Quick question on Stern Star Trek, what are the 8 yellow triangles in the middle of playfield for? I cant ever seem to get them lit up besides during multiballs or during vengeance battle i think.

#8754 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Quick question on Stern Star Trek, what are the 8 yellow triangles in the middle of playfield for? I cant ever seem to get them lit up besides during multiballs or during vengeance battle i think.

I do believe those are collected photon torpedos. You gain them by hitting the three weapons stand-ups on the lower right side.

#8755 3 years ago

And you fire the photon torpedoes by hitting the action button on lock down bar during Vengeance battles.

#8756 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

And you fire the photon torpedoes by hitting the action button on lock down bar during Vengeance battles.

Thanks fellas! ill have to pay attention alittle better when i see the action button blinking to shoot the Vengeance if they light up. I think i hit the action button so fast every time it lights that i dont see that the triangles are lit.

#8757 3 years ago

You can use them to start Vengeance multi ball quicker. Or you can save them until vengeance multi ball starts, then they are the same as a ball hitting the ship (make sure to have the second ball down). In a perfect world I like to have all the yellow arrows (photon torpedoes) built up before starting the multi ball. Makes defeating the ship fairly simple

#8758 3 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

You can use them to start Vengeance multi ball quicker. Or you can save them until vengeance multi ball starts, then they are the same as a ball hitting the ship (make sure to have the second ball down). In a perfect world I like to have all the yellow arrows (photon torpedoes) built up before starting the multi ball. Makes defeating the ship fairly simple

THAT's exactly what I do. Save the torpedoes until they are full... and then only use them to start the mode.
IE I'm unsure and overflowed torpedoes are "saved" once they are full.
Can anyone confirm?

#8759 3 years ago

I am wanting to upgrade my 4” speakers to 5/14” speakers in my LE, i want to use me own speakers, is there anywhere to purchase the spacers from to suit the 5/14” speakers.
Cheers

#8760 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

THAT's exactly what I do. Save the torpedoes until they are full... and then only use them to start the mode.
IE I'm unsure and overflowed torpedoes are "saved" once they are full.
Can anyone confirm?

I don't think they are saved. Therefore you can use 3 for approaching the MB and make space for completing the torpedoes by the right stand ups.

By the way, I believe you can use them in the bonus round after destroying the ship as well to cash in a limited number of bonuses.

#8761 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Thanks fellas! ill have to pay attention alittle better when i see the action button blinking to shoot the Vengeance if they light up. I think i hit the action button so fast every time it lights that i dont see that the triangles are lit.

Ok more code questions. I just got a premium and trying to get the code down. I understand how the modes work where you beat all 6 once, twice and a final third time and get a wizard mode each time. Also the multiball when the laser activates and another multiball where the ball locks under the vengeance and you hit it to activate the other multiball. Is there any other multiballs or things im not mentioning that i should know? Im still alittle confused on how away team works, it seems to change the way the modes work. Also after you defeat the vengeance once what happens next battle with vengeance, is it double points?

I havent found a up to date rule sheet so any advise much appreciated!

#8762 3 years ago

I don't have all of the answers to above, but this link was posted about two weeks ago, and I found it helpful...

http://tiltforums.com/t/star-trek-wiki/456/43

Pasted below:
Multiballs

The black hole shot to the right of Vengeance will add a ball once during multiball when it is lit. Light it by shooting the ‘red matter’ targets around the play field that you’ve ultimately hit plenty of times cause you’re bad and you missed the ramps and loops.

Klingon Multiball
The 3 green standups light locks at Vengeance and/or left scoop. Lock 3 balls to start Klingon multiball. All shots start out lit for jackpots. Once a shot has been hit twice, the corresponding ship on screen is destroyed and that shot unlights. The 7th jackpot is a Super Jackpot worth 6.25M. The 14th (final) jackpot is another Super Jackpot worth 10M. This is followed by one roving shot worth 4M. Finally, the warp ramp will light for a Double Super Jackpot worth 20M. Completing this shot will earn a single gold medal. Then the mode restarts.

Vengeance Multiball
The first Vengeance mode is “Vengeance Multiball.” This is activated by hitting the Vengeance shot when the target is down and the arrow is white. The ball will be caught by a magnet, and a second ball will be auto-launched. Hit the magnet-held ball under the Vengeance ship at the start to add a ball and extend ball save time. Shots to Vengeance and lit white shots do damage and award points. Defeating Vengeance by completing enough shots and then hitting the Vengeance shot awards 5M multiplied by combo and/or 2x scoring. After defeating the Vengeance, multiball will continue with victory laps in which the goal is to make all seven major shots over and over.

Kobayashi Maru – Level 1 Mini-Wizard Mode
Once all level one modes have been completed, the Vengeance shot will light white for Kobayashi Maru. Starting KM will immediately award you medal bonuses based on medals collected so far (see below). This begins as a 2-ball multiball with all shots lit except the Warp ramp. Each shot requires 2 hits to clear it out – the first shot is nominal points (250K?), the second shot is based on your performance in the corresponding level 1 mode (arrow color tells you which mode). Clearing them all out allows you to continue in single ball play even though you have more than one ball active on the playfield. Shots in this mode max at 7.5M.
The medal bonus awarded for starting the mode is as follows:
Set of 6 Bronze medals = 10M. Otherwise, each bronze is worth 1M up to a set.
Set of 6 Silver medals = 20M. Otherwise, each silver is 2M up to a set.
Set of 6 Gold medals = 35M. Otherwise, each gold is 3.5M up to a set.

Advanced Multiballs

Enterprise Amok
Once all level two modes have been completed, the Vengeance shot will light white for Enterprise Amok. Starting Enterprise Amok will immediately award you medal bonuses based on all medals collected so far. This begins as a 2-ball multiball with all shots lit and a switch hit counter on the display. Completing the number of switch hits required will add a ball into play (except for the 6th and final round) and light all shots white for a final shot. The next shot hit will then be unlit for future final shots in the mode and will start a new higher switch hit requirement. After completing the 6th and final round, the Vengeance shot will be lit for a Super Jackpot. Completing this final shot allows you to continue in single ball play even though you have more than one ball active on the playfield.

Five Year Mission
Once all level three modes have been completed, the Vengeance shot will light white for Five Year Mission. Starting Five Year Mission will immediately award you medal bonuses based on all medals collected so far. This begins as a 4-ball multiball with all shots lit and…

Vengeance Modes
Hitting the Vengeance drop down target or lane underneath the ship or firing photon torpedoes will advance toward a Vengeance mode. The three modes always occur in order and repeat after playing the third mode. If a Vengeance mode is lit when the ball drains, a new mission cannot be selected before the plunge on the next ball and will have to be started by shooting the left eject hole or the Away Team shot.
Photon torpedoes can be earned by lighting all three orange spot targets on the right side just below the upper flipper. Lighting the targets grants three torpedoes, and up to eight can be amassed at one time. Press the Fire button on the lockdown bar to use a photon torpedo against the Vengeance. If a Vengeance mode is already lit, no more torpedoes can be used until the mode starts.

Vengeance Multiball

The first Vengeance mode is Vengeance Multiball. This is lit by hitting the Vengeance shot 5 times (the first time); credit toward these hits will also be given for each photon torpedo fired (see Vengeance Modes below). To start the multiball, shoot the Vengeance when the target is down and the arrow is white. The ball will be caught by a magnet, and a second ball will be auto-launched. Hit the magnet-held ball under the Vengeance ship within 15 seconds to add a ball and extend ball save time. Shots to the Vengeance and lit white shots do damage and award points. Defeating the Vengeance by completing 10 white shots and then hitting the Vengeance shot awards 5M multiplied by combo and/or 2x scoring. Photon torpedoes can be used toward destroying the Vengeance but will not count as the final shot. After defeating the Vengeance, multiball will continue with victory laps in which the goal is to complete all seven major shots over and over.

Vengeance Scoring
This second Vengeance mode lights after any combination of 6 hits (the first time) to the Vengeance and photon torpedoes fired. To start the mode, shoot under the Vengeance when lit white. The mode consists of 5 hurry-up shots, all at the Vengeance. Each shot will be quickly thrust back toward the flippers. Completing all 5 hurry-ups grants an extra ball.

Vengeance Battle
This third Vengeance mode lights after any combination of 7 hits to the Vengeance and torpedoes fired. To start the mode, shoot under the Vengeance when lit white. Then five more shots under the Vengeance are required before entering into Sudden Death. In Sudden Death, the drop target will be raised. Shoot the target and then under the Vengeance within 6 seconds to finish the mode; otherwise the target will reset. The reward is the greater of 10M or 10% of your total score, times any combo or 2x scoring multiplier. This mode will only end if completed or if the ball drains after starting Sudden Death.

#8763 3 years ago

One more tidbit, from http://tiltforums.com/t/star-trek-wiki/456/74

Modeless multiball:

It is possible to have multiple balls in play without actually have any multiball MODE active. This happens if you reach Warp 9.9 without already playing a multiball mode. It also happens if you complete Kobiyashi Maru multiball. It is theoretically possible to have all 4 balls in play without any multiball mode.

If you shoot Start Mission when you are in modeless multiball, either in the left scoop or under the upper flipper, it wouldn’t make sense to choose mode with the flipper buttons, so the machine will pick a mode for you. It seems to be the one that it otherwise would have defaulted to.

Klingon Multiball and the Vengeance modes:

When you are in Klingon multiball, you cannot start any Vengeance mode.

In Vengeance mode #1, Vengeance Multiball, you cannot lock balls or start Klingon Multiball. Actually, no multiball modes can be stacked anywhere in this game (warp ball doesn’t count as a mode).

In Vengeance mode #2, Vengeance Scoring, you can lock balls and start Klingon Multiball. It might be a good idea if Extra Ball award is an actual extra ball.

In Vengeance mode #3, Vengeance Battle, you can lock balls and start Klingon Multiball, BUT Vengeance Battle will be paused until Klingon Multiball has ended, so they don’t really stack.

#8764 3 years ago

Thanks @jonnyqtrek!!! Which of the newer 3 movies is the movie code have scenes from? Im going to have to rewatch them to get reacquainted with the story line.

Another issue im having occasionally is when hitting the Warp ramp sometimes the ball goes into the shooter lane instead of landing in the right orbit. Im thinking its hitting the wire to the opto for the right ramp. Anybody got a tip to help fix this?

#8765 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Another issue im having occasionally is when hitting the Warp ramp sometimes the ball goes into the shooter lane instead of landing in the right orbit. Im thinking its hitting the wire to the opto for the right ramp. Anybody got a tip to help fix this?

There’s a bracket that allows you to adjust the exit on the warp ramp left or right. I tried that a bunch, and it is very difficult to dial in. The best thing that worked for me is a small piece of felt tape at the exit just after the curve I believe, or perhaps around the curve, or maybe right before it. I can’t remember, but there’s likely a picture somewhere in this thread. That slows down the ball enough so you have a consistent feed to the upper flipper. YMMV.

#8766 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

There’s a bracket that allows you to adjust the exit on the warp ramp left or right. I tried that a bunch, and it is very difficult to dial in. The best thing that worked for me is a small piece of felt tape at the exit just after the curve I believe, or perhaps around the curve, or maybe right before it. I can’t remember, but there’s likely a picture somewhere in this thread. That slows down the ball enough so you have a consistent feed to the upper flipper. YMMV.

Sweet thanks man, felt tape ordered! When this happens just kills the flow of the game. Otherwise this game shoots so good! Code is plenty deep and sound effects with movie are great, whoever created it you did a great job!

#8767 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Thanks jonnyqtrek!!! Which of the newer 3 movies is the movie code have scenes from? Im going to have to rewatch them to get reacquainted with the story line.

The storylines are pretty much from the 2009 Abrams film and the sequel STAR TREK: INTO DARKNESS.

Destroy the Drill and Nero are from 2009... Prime Directive, Klingon Battle and Space Jump are from Into Darkness.

I don't recall the animations for Save the Enterprise off the top of my head to tell, cheers.

I think this game came out before STAR TREK: BEYOND, so none of that story is in this game.

Enjoy!

#8768 3 years ago

Save The Enterprise is from Into Darkness.

#8769 3 years ago

I like to just pretend everything is from the first Abrams movie because Into Darkness is terrible

#8770 3 years ago

I wanted to post a recent experience I had with the optos on my new to me Star Trek LE. I will try and make this short as possible, but I wanted to post this in case someone else runs into the same issue.

Since I got the game some weeks back I have had an issue where the game would start to award all sorts of random things including warp ramp hits. After reading through this thread I started troubleshooting the optos. I checked every single opto in test mode and I even removed some of the optos to reflow solder.

When I put the game into test mode I could see some optos just going crazy and the only way to stop it was to unplug a single opto from its board and the weird thing is that it did not seem to matter which opto I unplugged. As long as one was unplugged the random hits would stop?? It was hard to tell which opto was going off as it was happening so fast and appeared to be many differnt opto #'s while in test mode.

I actually thought I had this issue resolved on a few separate occasions after removing the opto boards, as well as the optos themselves, but in each case the issue reappeared after playing for a while.

The Fix:

So it turns out my issue was the led light strip on the warp ramp was interfering with the optos for the ramp. How in the world this effected so many other optos is beyond me.

I fixed the issue by lowering the 2 optos for the warp ramp down a little by using tiny washers, which in turn kept the optos away from the led strip that is attached to the warp ramp. Once I did this the problem never resurfaced so I assumed that the led strip must have been covering part of the opto beam.

The thing I still find strange is the amount of different optos that would go crazy in test mode, as well as the fact that when I rolled a ball past the optos on the warp ramp while in test mode it acted normal and did not cause all the optos to start going crazy.

Of all the pinball issues I have chased down in the past this one has to be one of the worst. I ended up taking a lot of the game apart including ramps and the Vengance ship while trying to locate the issue. The good news is that I was able to wax all the areas in the back of the playfield that are not normally accessible

#8771 3 years ago
Quoted from Viperbsd:

I wanted to post a recent experience I had with the optos on my new to me Star Trek LE. I will try and make this short as possible, but I wanted to post this in case someone else runs into the same issue.
Since I got the game some weeks back I have had an issue where the game would start to award all sorts of random things including warp ramp hits. After reading through this thread I started troubleshooting the optos. I checked every single opto in test mode and I even removed some of the optos to reflow solder.
When I put the game into test mode I could see some optos just going crazy and the only way to stop it was to unplug a single opto from its board and the weird thing is that it did not seem to matter which opto I unplugged. As long as one was unplugged the random hits would stop?? It was hard to tell which opto was going off as it was happening so fast and appeared to be many differnt opto #'s while in test mode.
I actually thought I had this issue resolved on a few separate occasions after removing the opto boards, as well as the optos themselves, but in each case the issue reappeared after playing for a while.
The Fix:
So it turns out my issue was the led light strip on the warp ramp was interfering with the optos for the ramp. How in the world this effected so many other optos is beyond me.
I fixed the issue by lowering the 2 optos for the warp ramp down a little by using tiny washers, which in turn kept the optos away from the led strip that is attached to the warp ramp. Once I did this the problem never resurfaced so I assumed that the led strip must have been covering part of the opto beam.
The thing I still find strange is the amount of different optos that would go crazy in test mode, as well as the fact that when I rolled a ball past the optos on the warp ramp while in test mode it acted normal and did not cause all the optos to start going crazy.
Of all the pinball issues I have chased down in the past this one has to be one of the worst. I ended up taking a lot of the game apart including ramps and the Vengance ship while trying to locate the issue. The good news is that I was able to wax all the areas in the back of the playfield that are not normally accessible

Wow that’s crazy, glad you got it sorted.

#8772 3 years ago
Quoted from Viperbsd:

I wanted to post a recent experience I had with the optos on my new to me Star Trek LE.

Thanks very much for posting this!!
I book marked it just in case I need to come back to it. I just have a pro, but I did install the warp ramp chaser light strip from Mezelmods (that they no longer sell). Lucky I didn't run into this problem.

#8773 3 years ago
Quoted from Viperbsd:

The Fix:

I totally feel your pain... I very recently resolved a similar problem on my Pro... with what sounds like a very similar cause (though I suspected that it was partly due to a short caused by shoddy soldering on my part, but now I'm wondering...) It took me several weeks, and some great diagnostic tips from others here, but in the end found what sounds like a similar problem to yours... Can you confirm? (Pictures at the end of the thread below.)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/changed-a-target-now-switch-test-shows-two-other-switches-going-nuts

#8774 3 years ago
Quoted from Viperbsd:

The Fix:

My Premium will do this on occasion, especially awarding me warp ramp shots. One time it went from warp 1 to 9 in a matter of seconds. Never could figure out why it would do this. I will have to look at the optos. Thanks!

#8775 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I totally feel your pain... I very recently resolved a similar problem on my Pro... with what sounds like a very similar cause (though I suspected that it was partly due to a short caused by shoddy soldering on my part, but now I'm wondering...) It took me several weeks, and some great diagnostic tips from others here, but in the end found what sounds like a similar problem to yours... Can you confirm? (Pictures at the end of the thread below.)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/changed-a-target-now-switch-test-shows-two-other-switches-going-nuts

After looking at your pictures I believe we experienced the same issue. In my case it was much more subtle as the led strip on the warp ramp was barely blocking the opto, yet it was causing all kinds of havoc.

I read through your thread and it appears that your machine experienced a lot of the same erratic behavior as my machine did. Wish I had seen your thread earlier

#8776 3 years ago

Finally in the club with a Pro Vault.
I really do think this is the best shooting pro Stern has ever made, even with everything thats been released to this point.

So much fun.

#8777 3 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

I do believe those are collected photon torpedos. You gain them by hitting the three weapons stand-ups on the lower right side.

Correct.

Quoted from jesperpark:

You can use them to start Vengeance multi ball quicker. Or you can save them until vengeance multi ball starts, then they are the same as a ball hitting the ship

Quoted from Zitt:

Let's talk strategy for a moment, because I use this a bit differently. I try to fill up the photon torpedos, but I save them for a bit. I start Vengence MB, release the ball (for 3 ball MB), and then the ramps on either side will flash white. Nail those (easier shot) and they count as Vengence shots. This doesn't last that long, but they are easy and free shots during the ball saver. Don't be afraid to dump balls if they are in the way during the ball saver. Near the end of the ballsaver, slam all of the photon torpedos you have. If done right, you will be very close to destroying the Vengence. Hit those shots and claim your points. Then take your victory laps.

Once I started doing it this way, I was destroying it much more often. It ends up feeling very frenetic and is really only a couple of good shots away. Then the victory laps are just fun.

#8778 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Correct.

Let's talk strategy for a moment, because I use this a bit differently. I try to fill up the photon torpedos, but I save them for a bit. I start Vengence MB, release the ball (for 3 ball MB), and then the ramps on either side will flash white. Nail those (easier shot) and they count as Vengence shots. This doesn't last that long, but they are easy and free shots during the ball saver. Don't be afraid to dump balls if they are in the way during the ball saver. Near the end of the ballsaver, slam all of the photon torpedos you have. If done right, you will be very close to destroying the Vengence. Hit those shots and claim your points. Then take your victory laps.
Once I started doing it this way, I was destroying it much more often. It ends up feeling very frenetic and is really only a couple of good shots away. Then the victory laps are just fun.

Definitely going to use this method next time I have at it.
Thanks Dave

#8779 3 years ago

Before destroying the ship, shoot a ramp, then you get double reward for the destruction.

#8780 3 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Finally in the club with a Pro Vault.
I really do think this is the best shooting pro Stern has ever made, even with everything thats been released to this point.
So much fun.

Welcome and agreed! I also find the Vengeance shot to be very satisfying for people new to pinball, as the ship reacts dramatically just for hitting it with a single shot.

#8781 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Correct.

This is usually my strategy. I collect all the torpedoes and as the ball drains, I remember I had some and I slam the button a bunch of times. Then I walk away pissed because I forgot to use them.

#8782 3 years ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

I'm a little late to the Stern Star Trek (pro) ownership game but better late then never. But I need the Pinside crews help.
I bought a Pro that had seen some routed time. At some point the R gate (52) was removed, I didn't realize this until I started playing it, it really isn't an obvious game play loss. I found the empty molex and it is working (plugging it into the Vengeance (53) fires the vengeance). So now I have to track a R gate assembly down.
The good people at Pinballlife are going to ask stern for one but they note that this is hit or miss. In the event they don't find one I guess I have a couple options. First does anyone have a Stern Star Trek they are parting out that I can buy the gate from? Second the R gate appears to be a fairly generic stern rail gate, whats the consensus here about using the R gate from Spiderman or BKSOR (they appear to be exactly the same, BKSOR has a extra removable bracket)?
Incidentally the coil on the L gate (51) is out as well. Again the power to the gate is live but the coil appears to be out, insulation fried to the copper. The L gate is more rare because of its bracket. In the spirit of the fixes noted in the discussion after the post above I have a new coil for it coming so I think that will work.
Thanks everyone, I'm waaaayyyy new at this but the pinball bug has invigorated some Mech Engineering I haven't done in 23 years. Only wishing I had paid more attention to my EE classes...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Good morning! After reading a few previous posts, including this one, I realized that my LEFT gate was out... My launches have ALWAYS stopped at the pop bumpers, so I simply assumed that was the way the game was, but I'm reading/seeing that this was not necessarily the case(?). Right gate works fine, but coil test for left gate gave back silence; was able to replace the gate, and now the left orbit gate (thank you PinballLife!) gives a satisfying click on the coil test...

...but launches still hit the gate at stop the ball at the pop bumpers, so I'm thinking that I'm misunderstanding how the left orbit gate works... When (i.e. under what triggers/conditions) does the left orbit gate actually open?

#8783 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Good morning! After reading a few previous posts, including this one, I realized that my LEFT gate was out... My launches have ALWAYS stopped at the pop bumpers, so I simply assumed that was the way the game was, but I'm reading/seeing that this was not necessarily the case(?). Right gate works fine, but coil test for left gate gave back silence; was able to replace the gate, and now the left orbit gate (thank you PinballLife!) gives a satisfying click on the coil test...
...but launches still hit the gate at stop the ball at the pop bumpers, so I'm thinking that I'm misunderstanding how the left orbit gate works... When (i.e. under what triggers/conditions) does the left orbit gate actually open?

It opens in certain modes to allow you to make a full orbit shot.

When plunging, it is closed. However, I think you can hold the left flipper button when you plunge to hold it open, but I’m going on memory here.

#8784 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

When plunging, it is closed. However, I think you can hold the left flipper button when you plunge to hold it open

Correct

#8785 3 years ago

Brilliant, works perfectly, thanks kindly!

#8786 3 years ago

Glad you are all fixed up. The super skill shot by holding the left flipper is very common in a good number of games (AFM, Metallica, etc). There are a few (AC DC) that use the right flipper hold for the super skill shot.

#8787 3 years ago

Star Trek has three ways to do the skill shot. Hold left flipper and it will open the left gate. Hold right flipper and plunge hard and it will open the right gate and allow the ball bounce off the left gate and out the right gate. Short plunge and shoot the warp ramp. Those are the ones I know are there more?

P.S. I noticed that the animations for one of them is uncoloured in ColorDMD but not sure which as it just white so doesn’t look bad.

#8788 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

P.S. I noticed that the animations for one of them is uncoloured in ColorDMD but not sure which as it just white so doesn’t look bad.

I've noticed several uncolored animations on my ColorDMD....around 4. I wrote them up and even got video of 2 of them and sent that to the ColorDMD folks last year. Crickets. I'm on the latest STPro and ColorDMD code. I'm just living with it now, no big deal. But it would be nice if they addressed it at some point.

#8789 3 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

I've noticed several uncolored animations on my ColorDMD....around 4. I wrote them up and even got video of 2 of them and sent that to the ColorDMD folks last year. Crickets. I'm on the latest STPro and ColorDMD code. I'm just living with it now, no big deal. But it would be nice if they addressed it at some point.

What are the scenes? I colored a different game, maybe Randy will let me do the missing animations.

#8790 3 years ago

Installed Zitt’s insignia pop bumper caps on the STLE today, they sure look nice! Will do his laser upgrade mod next when the red lamps are available. This game is so fun to mod!

2429B840-5E81-4C60-AA37-1CBD7BF5A4A2 (resized).jpeg2429B840-5E81-4C60-AA37-1CBD7BF5A4A2 (resized).jpegD0E18A50-7CC1-4259-9F9E-7029095C3D48 (resized).jpegD0E18A50-7CC1-4259-9F9E-7029095C3D48 (resized).jpeg
#8791 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

What are the scenes? I colored a different game, maybe Randy will let me do the missing animations.

I need to dig through my notes, but here are a couple. Not animations per se, but white/monochrome displays. These should be colored, right? If they're not supposed to be colored, maybe that's why they didn't get back to me?

06 (resized).JPG06 (resized).JPG07 (resized).JPG07 (resized).JPG08 (resized).JPG08 (resized).JPG09 (resized).JPG09 (resized).JPG
#8792 3 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

I need to dig through my notes, but here are a couple. Not animations per se, but white/monochrome displays. These should be colored, right? If they're not supposed to be colored, maybe that's why they didn't get back to me?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’ve noticed a few on my premium as well but never tracked which ones.

#8793 3 years ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

Here you go. Had to fix the right part with double sided tape additionally because it moves a little if it's just mounted with the wooden rail.
[quoted image]

So I was able to get the left shooter protector on, but I'm still having problems getting the right side on...

thumbnail_20200925_212704 (resized).jpgthumbnail_20200925_212704 (resized).jpg

Based on the previously posted picture, I'm pretty sure I get where it's <i>supposed</i> to go... It goes between the right rail and the playfield, with its left edge flush against the right side groove of the shooter lane...

My problem is that I seem to be unable to lift the rail off of the playfield... Removing all of the screws on right side as well as the launcher gets me this far...

thumbnail_20200925_212859 (resized).jpgthumbnail_20200925_212859 (resized).jpg

...but the screws that seem to protrude from the bottom of the rail and through the playfield to secure the launcher seem to be unable to be dislodged. If I try to pull on the rail to lift it (and those two screws) out, it doesn't budge at all... I'm worried that I will damage the playfield if I keep tugging harder and harder on that rail.

...and one of those two screws is what is used to secure that protector between the rail and playfield, yes?

#8794 3 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

I need to dig through my notes, but here are a couple. Not animations per se, but white/monochrome displays. These should be colored, right? If they're not supposed to be colored, maybe that's why they didn't get back to me?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

First one is colored but the other three look missed.

#8795 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

So I was able to get the left shooter protector on, but I'm still having problems getting the right side on...
[quoted image]
Based on the previously posted picture, I'm pretty sure I get where it's <i>supposed</i> to go... It goes between the right rail and the playfield, with its left edge flush against the right side groove of the shooter lane...
My problem is that I seem to be unable to lift the rail off of the playfield... Removing all of the screws on right side as well as the launcher gets me this far...
[quoted image]
...but the screws that seem to protrude from the bottom of the rail and through the playfield to secure the launcher seem to be unable to be dislodged. If I try to pull on the rail to lift it (and those two screws) out, it doesn't budge at all... I'm worried that I will damage the playfield if I keep tugging harder and harder on that rail.
...and one of those two screws is what is used to secure that protector between the rail and playfield, yes?

You don't need to remove all that parts. The wooden rail is just fixed with some wood screws from below the playfield. Look for these screws (you removed one already) along the rail and it will loosen easily. The rail is long!

#8796 3 years ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

You don't need to remove all that parts. The wooden rail is just fixed with some wood screws from below the playfield. Look for these screws (you removed one already) along the rail and it will loosen easily. The rail is long!

Will do, thanks kindly... Cheers...

#8797 3 years ago

You might want to clean up that shooter lane.

#8798 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

You might want to clean up that shooter lane.

Recommendations as to method? Fine sandpaper or the like? Thanks kindly...

#8799 3 years ago

Back with another code question. What do the T-R-E-K inserts in the outlanes do when all lit up?

#8800 3 years ago

Novus 2 is the recommended polish/cleaner.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,796 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/176?hl=pizzaman13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.