Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
DSCN3233 (resized).JPG

There are 10,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 216.
#8701 3 years ago

I have Zitt green laser and it's awesome!!!! Well worth the upgrade, I also have the pop bumper caps too FWIW
+2 for zitt

#8702 3 years ago

I’d love to buy Zitt’s laser upgrade for my LE, but want red just like factory. Hopefully, the part is available again at some point.

#8703 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I’d love to buy Zitt’s laser upgrade for my LE, but want red just like factory. Hopefully, the part is available again at some point.

As I have stated; I'm only going to be ordering enough to fullfill pre-order demand as I cannot be left with stock with an out-of-manufacturing pin.
So; the best thing to do is to contact me via PM to get on the "list".

#8704 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Grab green! It looks like loads of Klingons are uncloaking around your playfield.

Red and green both look amazing for different reasons, red I always see as phaser and torpedo being fired around playfield and green as above, blue is the only colour that does nothing for me.

But don’t wait to upgrade grab green you won’t be disappointed!

#8705 3 years ago

Anyone know what this little black screw protector is called or where I can buy one?

2B93FF30-609E-4365-BF17-15075B4FA920 (resized).jpeg2B93FF30-609E-4365-BF17-15075B4FA920 (resized).jpeg
#8706 3 years ago

I'm thinking it must be a pipe/cable clamp or clip...

#8707 3 years ago
Quoted from sebgrinke:

I'm thinking it must be a pipe/cable clamp or clip...

That's what it looks like to me, Amazon has all sorts of cable clamps available.

#8708 3 years ago

Thanks I just ordered a set for extra air ball protection.

#8709 3 years ago
Quoted from zephee:

Just to follow up on my laser issue as I was able to fix it. It really was not the angle of the laser (though it was off), it was the laser itself. I took off the apron and was able to verify the laser motor worked fine. Turns out there is a button on the laser mechanism that is being held down by a clamp. That button depresses another button inside the mechanism that 'powers' the laser. It needs to be depressed when the motor spins in order for the laser to shine.
Anyway, it turned out the outer button that is held down by the clamp was broken. It was knocked loose somehow and was not able to depress the inner button while clamped. I had to jury rig it. I just put in the end of a tie rap over the inner button and put the clamp down on that to get it to work.
Seems like a silly system to have since the two buttons are always pressed down.
Fixed now though so think i will enjoy the laser show a few times before tackling my shaker motor problem.
Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If your game is 5 days out of box, you should not be rigging anything. Stern should send you the correct and working part if you call them.

#8710 3 years ago

Got to EA for the second time since I got the game and put up 1B on ST Prem tonight . Klingon MB twice (didn't finish either)...Vengeance MB twice (finished both)...Vengeance Battle (finished)...Warp 9.9 twice...KM (finished)...Over 100M on medals from KM (double scoring)...130M on medals from EA...SJ III, PD III, and Nero III. Two extra balls. I just couldn't hang on for 5YM!

1B Star Trek (resized).jpg1B Star Trek (resized).jpg
#8711 3 years ago

One of our spotlights keeps going on and off. Mostly off.
Could it just be a loose socket?
Any tips would be appreciated, thanks.

#8712 3 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

One of our spotlights keeps going on and off. Mostly off.
Could it just be a loose socket?
Any tips would be appreciated, thanks.

The spotlight is either loose or the metal wires on the led are not connecting to the socket tabs. It helps to push the wires on the led outward a bit before installing them into the socket.

Comet_Pinball_8SMD_Flasher_Red_Wedge (resized).jpgComet_Pinball_8SMD_Flasher_Red_Wedge (resized).jpg

#8713 3 years ago

#8710 that's ten times my best score!

#8714 3 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

The spotlight is either loose or the metal wires on the led are not connecting to the socket tabs. It helps to push the wires on the led outward a bit before installing them into the socket.
[quoted image]

Thanks Scoot!
Will give it a try this weekend.

#8715 3 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Got to EA for the second time since I got the game and put up 1B on ST Prem tonight . Klingon MB twice (didn't finish either)...Vengeance MB twice (finished both)...Vengeance Battle (finished)...Warp 9.9 twice...KM (finished)...Over 100M on medals from KM (double scoring)...130M on medals from EA...SJ III, PD III, and Nero III. Two extra balls. I just couldn't hang on for 5YM![quoted image]

#8716 3 years ago

Having 4 double scoring playfields definitely put the score over the top!

#8717 3 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

It's also been suggested somewhere this thread to wrap the wedge base with electrical tape to make the fit more "Snug"

#8718 3 years ago

I have done that for my spotlights/other lights in both ST and Metallica and has worked great. Keeps them snug and lit. Used to have issues with vibrations loosening them, with the spotlights sometimes falling out. Highly recommend.

Quoted from Zitt:

It's also been suggested somewhere this thread to wrap the wedge base with electrical tape to make the fit more "Snug"

#8719 3 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

I have done that for my spotlights/other lights in both ST and Metallica and has worked great. Keeps them snug and lit. Used to have issues with vibrations loosening them, with the spotlights sometimes falling out. Highly recommend.

I’ll have to try the tape trick if one falls out again. The last time one of my wedge base spotlight bulbs fell out, I put it back in and applied a dab of hot glue on it afterwards. Can’t see it and has held firm so far.

#8720 3 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I’ll have to try the tape trick if one falls out again. The last time one of my wedge base spotlight bulbs fell out, I put it back in and applied a dab of hot glue on it afterwards. Can’t see it and has held firm so far.

I use the tape method. I think it was PinMonk that suggested it and gave some great pictures of it. It fixed my AC/DC bulbs flying around. Using a dab of hot glue just sounds wrong here. Eventually the bulb will fail, and then you are cleaning that out of there, possibly breaking the LED in half as the top snaps off.

#8721 3 years ago

well I ended up not pulling the trigger on the LE deal. So that game will be someone else's miracle find. CHECK THAT - I am back on it. Got a deal worked out.

#8722 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

If your game is 5 days out of box, you should not be rigging anything. Stern should send you the correct and working part if you call them.

I tried. Got a message when I called the support number on my machine that the suport line was shutdown due to the pandemic and to send an email instead. Sent an email but have not gotten a response yet. I will try again this week.

#8723 3 years ago
Quoted from zephee:

I tried. Got a message when I called the support number on my machine that the suport line was shutdown due to the pandemic and to send an email instead. Sent an email but have not gotten a response yet. I will try again this week.

Contact your distributor, they will make it right.

#8724 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I use the tape method. I think it was vireland that suggested it and gave some great pictures of it. It fixed my AC/DC bulbs flying around. Using a dab of hot glue just sounds wrong here. Eventually the bulb will fail, and then you are cleaning that out of there, possibly breaking the LED in half as the top snaps off.

Not a problem at all. Hot glue isn’t that aggressive. I tested it on a spare first. The bulb pulls out cleanly with no residue left behind.

#8725 3 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Hot glue isn’t that aggressive.

Isopropol alcohol will release hot glue easily.

#8726 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I use the tape method. I think it was vireland that suggested it and gave some great pictures of it. It fixed my AC/DC bulbs flying around. Using a dab of hot glue just sounds wrong here. Eventually the bulb will fail, and then you are cleaning that out of there, possibly breaking the LED in half as the top snaps off.

Tape trick to keep wedges in their sockets is here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-led-bulbs-flashers-that-fall-out-of-spotlights#post-4402506

It's the only method I use anymore since it works great.

#8727 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Tape trick to keep wedges in their sockets is here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-led-bulbs-flashers-that-fall-out-of-spotlights#post-4402506
It's the only method I use anymore since it works great.

Thanks!
Tape method worked great and no problems since.

#8728 3 years ago

I did a search and watched reviews with zero help

Stern Star Trek pro

Can someone explain to me what the ship inserts mean on the game?

I see them light up from time to time but never knew what they were for.

#8729 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

I did a search and watched reviews with zero help
Stern Star Trek pro
Can someone explain to me what the ship inserts mean on the game?
I see them light up from time to time but never knew what they were for.

My understanding is they light up when you make 1 shot, lets say a ramp. Then you shoot at those targets while flashing becoming "combo shots", and therefore worth more points as a 2 way, 3 way combo etc.

#8730 3 years ago

Hi guys, I have had a stern Star Trek pro for a while, but finally getting around to a couple questions. Hope you can help. What does it mean when the captains chair insert is flashing? Also, what do the yellow inserts going up towards the vengeance mean? I never seem to get any out. Thanks for the help, Brian.

#8732 3 years ago
Quoted from BBC:

Hi guys, I have had a stern Star Trek pro for a while, but finally getting around to a couple questions. Hope you can help. What does it mean when the captains chair insert is flashing? Also, what do the yellow inserts going up towards the vengeance mean? I never seem to get any out. Thanks for the help, Brian.

The yellow inserts are torpedos to use to hit the vengeance ship aka middle drop target shot.

You can fire them using the action button.

Captains chair is light once you have accomplished 3 in the row. Also happens when you get 3 deep on a mode.

What it means I’m not fully sure hopefully someone can help

#8733 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:Captains chair is light once you have accomplished 3 in the row. Also happens when you get 3 deep on a mode.

What it means I’m not fully sure hopefully someone can help

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aurich-free-play-instruction-card-repository#post-4775864

20200909_192738 (resized).png20200909_192738 (resized).png
#8734 3 years ago

Hi there, if anyone has Cliffy's two-piece shooter lane protectors installed on their Stern, could I trouble you to post a picture or two? I'm having a hard time figuring out how to install the larger piece, and I can't figure out where the second smaller piece gets installed... Thanks kindly!

#8735 3 years ago

Here you go. Had to fix the right part with double sided tape additionally because it moves a little if it's just mounted with the wooden rail.

IMG_20200913_224419 (resized).jpgIMG_20200913_224419 (resized).jpg
#8736 3 years ago

Now I see... Thanks so much, @TrekTobbyGermany!

#8737 3 years ago
Quoted from isJ:Both gates have gone out on my Stern Star Trek Pro -- looking for the following parts if anyone knows where they are online (can't find anything )
Either:
Mini Coil and Connector Assembly (511-7510-00)
Or:
Left Electric Gate 511-72507-00
Right Electric Gate 511-7506-01
Anyone have some parts lying around?

I'm a little late to the Stern Star Trek (pro) ownership game but better late then never. But I need the Pinside crews help.

I bought a Pro that had seen some routed time. At some point the R gate (52) was removed, I didn't realize this until I started playing it, it really isn't an obvious game play loss. I found the empty molex and it is working (plugging it into the Vengeance (53) fires the vengeance). So now I have to track a R gate assembly down.

The good people at Pinballlife are going to ask stern for one but they note that this is hit or miss. In the event they don't find one I guess I have a couple options. First does anyone have a Stern Star Trek they are parting out that I can buy the gate from? Second the R gate appears to be a fairly generic stern rail gate, whats the consensus here about using the R gate from Spiderman or BKSOR (they appear to be exactly the same, BKSOR has a extra removable bracket)?

Incidentally the coil on the L gate (51) is out as well. Again the power to the gate is live but the coil appears to be out, insulation fried to the copper. The L gate is more rare because of its bracket. In the spirit of the fixes noted in the discussion after the post above I have a new coil for it coming so I think that will work.

Thanks everyone, I'm waaaayyyy new at this but the pinball bug has invigorated some Mech Engineering I haven't done in 23 years. Only wishing I had paid more attention to my EE classes...

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 12.15.42 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-09-14 at 12.15.42 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-09-14 at 12.31.41 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-09-14 at 12.31.41 PM (resized).pngSpider-Man_Manual_0102 (resized).jpgSpider-Man_Manual_0102 (resized).jpg
#8738 3 years ago

I don't get why it would be difficult to source pretty much any part for this machine. They just finished the vault version. Stern has loads of parts.

#8739 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I don't get why it would be difficult to source pretty much any part for this machine. They just finished the vault version. Stern has loads of parts.

I agree. Seems like it shouldn't be a problem so I want to see what the Pinballlife folks can do before I have them order a different gate.

Your advice on the previous posts led me to contacting the parts distributor instead of Stern.

#8740 3 years ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

I agree. Seems like it shouldn't be a problem so I want to see what the Pinballlife folks can do before I have them order a different gate.
Your advice on the previous posts led me to contacting the parts distributor instead of Stern.

If you do contact Stern they will most likely tell you to contact your distro. However, Marco and others can certainly get any part that Stern makes.

#8741 3 years ago

Good luck on getting the part. I agree you should be able to track it down by talking to a few places. That gate does matter to getting into the pops though so I would say its important.

#8742 3 years ago

Finally ordered a MPU for my Bally ST. Been so busy cleaning and organizing stuff in the basement, it was just sitting there, unloved.

#8743 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Good luck on getting the part. I agree you should be able to track it down by talking to a few places. That gate does matter to getting into the pops though so I would say its important.

Currently getting into the pops and L to R orbit shots is about the only thing I can do. It's hard to tell what the pin actually should do in different modes because the L gate is directing all R orbit shots and plunges to the pops (with a few rebounds back down the R orbit). Any L to R orbit though clears the R orbit because there isn't a gate there to send it to the pops.

Again the game is still playable and quite fun but I already warned my kids I'm clearing their high scores as soon as I get it fixed because they aren't legit (and because I can't have my 8 and 11 year old with higher scores than me).

#8744 3 years ago

I’m looking for a winter project. Does anyone have an extra Bally Star Trek playfield? I’d like to restore one. Looking for something savable that’s not too far gone. Thanks

#8745 3 years ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

Currently getting into the pops and L to R orbit shots is about the only thing I can do. It's hard to tell what the pin actually should do in different modes because the L gate is directing all R orbit shots and plunges to the pops (with a few rebounds back down the R orbit). Any L to R orbit though clears the R orbit because there isn't a gate there to send it to the pops.
Again the game is still playable and quite fun but I already warned my kids I'm clearing their high scores as soon as I get it fixed because they aren't legit (and because I can't have my 8 and 11 year old with higher scores than me).

I think that’s by design, no? Pro tip, if you hold the left flipper when you plunge, the ball will clear the orbit.

#8746 3 years ago

I am trying to recall when the right gate goes down. I know it happens when you get the Galactic Away Team that lights the lanes, but I do not remember if the right gate drops when you complete three in a row to get Super Pops. Not sure if the right gate stays down any other time during the game.

#8747 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

I think that’s by design, no? Pro tip, if you hold the left flipper when you plunge, the ball will clear the orbit.

FYI: I think you are replying to the person that is missing parts for the gate lifters right now. So he is in a bit of a lurch where the ball won't clear the orbit because his lifter for the left gate is missing. Hopefully he can get the right parts to be able to do that.

#8748 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

FYI: I think you are replying to the person that is missing parts for the gate lifters right now. So he is in a bit of a lurch where the ball won't clear the orbit because his lifter for the left gate is missing. Hopefully he can get the right parts to be able to do that.

Ahhh. It was late, and I was trying to be helpfully but wasn’t certain I had the whole picture.

#8749 3 years ago

I am currently installing Zitts pop bumper kit to my Stern Star Trek LE, do I need to remove the Vengeance ship to install the Pop Bumper below it, any instructions of how to remove the Vengeance ship.
cheers

EDIT, all good, I found the pinball supernova video.
cheers

#8750 3 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

any instructions of how to remove the Vengeance ship.
cheers

EDIT, all good, I found the pinball supernova video.

Why did you ask here?
There were clear instructions for installing all the pop caps on the product page:
http://pinball.click/sstPopcaps

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models
Decals
$ 199.95
Machine - For Sale
Spring Grove, IL
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 15.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 45.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/175?hl=scoot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.