Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
DSCN3233 (resized).JPG

There are 10,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 216.
#8651 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

He said package.
Speaking of ... I've been getting people asking me about it lately. If I had maybe 4 more I could probably do a little run of them for folks. PM me if you have any interest.

In!

#8652 3 years ago
Quoted from mnrocketry:

Joined the club today. Bought a HUO Stern Star Trek Pro. Only mod in it is a shaker motor.

Don't forget Aurich's package!

#8653 3 years ago

Made up a shooter rod today. Turned out soooo well I’m not sure if I’ll dip in epoxy resin
E9415019-5E66-4707-9FD7-F096D5DAEA6C (resized).jpegE9415019-5E66-4707-9FD7-F096D5DAEA6C (resized).jpeg

C74DE313-3B98-4A2C-9C4B-556BDBDA950D (resized).jpegC74DE313-3B98-4A2C-9C4B-556BDBDA950D (resized).jpeg
#8654 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Made up a shooter rod today. Turned out soooo well I’m not sure if I’ll dip in epoxy resin
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

O.K. Now that is pretty cool! Fantastic!

#8655 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Then you have a lot of fun times modding ahead of you.

Ordered a bunch of stuff today!

#8656 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Nice job, how did you do it? I bought that years ago to do it and never got around to it.

#8657 3 years ago

Leveled up my membership yesterday adding TNGIMG_20200809_202110 (resized).jpgIMG_20200809_202110 (resized).jpg

#8658 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Soooo....did you just sand down the end of the shooter rod off to get it flat?

#8659 3 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

that's what i did for another game, works perfectly if the keychain or similar is the same size.

#8660 3 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

that's what i did for another game, works perfectly if the keychain or similar is the same size.

Cool, thank you. What adhesive did you use? I have a new spare shooter rod and bought that pin on eBay a while back with intentions of doing this, just never got around to it.

#8661 3 years ago

Sorry....... yes I did it on a grinder first then a sander.

#8662 3 years ago

Cool, thank you. What adhesive did you use? I have a new spare shooter rod and bought that pin on eBay a while back with intentions of doing this, just never got around to it.

i used clear epoxy 50/50.

just like hoby1 said start ruff but finish smooth, go easy.

Shooter rod installed (resized).JPGShooter rod installed (resized).JPG
#8663 3 years ago
Quoted from mnrocketry:

Ordered a bunch of stuff today!

Hope you consider my blue Leg Lights for it. I'm just down the road. LOL

#8664 3 years ago

Decided I’ve got all these LE games with cool art work and nice COAs so I thought I’d frame them and hang them in the games room. Most of the flyers are signed by the designers or designer and coder of each game, here’s Star Trek LE.

AAE4E5CD-B05C-42D9-98C6-E042C413FF93 (resized).jpegAAE4E5CD-B05C-42D9-98C6-E042C413FF93 (resized).jpeg

#8665 3 years ago

Apologies if it’s already been posted, but Stern is looking for the STLE owner #357. Link from FB: https://www.facebook.com/136972659243/posts/10158800129594244/?extid=flaNcUC9Ad8jt7dF&substory_index=0&d=n

#8666 3 years ago

Sorry if this is an common question but is the big enterprise ship in the rear of the playfield supposed to be a little crooked or should it be level? It's on a spring so I assume I can bend it but thought I would ask first, TIA.

#8667 3 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

Sorry if this is an common question but is the big enterprise ship in the rear of the playfield supposed to be a little crooked or should it be level? It's on a spring so I assume I can bend it but thought I would ask first, TIA.

The Vengeance should be fairly level.

20200708_191508 (resized).jpg20200708_191508 (resized).jpg
#8668 3 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

Mine was slightly askew. I kind of liked it that way. It always made me think of a star ship coming out of a fast turn ready to attack.

#8669 3 years ago
Quoted from locdb:

Apologies if it’s already been posted, but Stern is looking for the STLE owner #357. Link from FB: https://www.facebook.com/136972659243/posts/10158800129594244/?extid=flaNcUC9Ad8jt7dF&substory_index=0&d=n

Wish there was a way to get these remade as I have #508 and the certificate was lost by the previous owner.

#8670 3 years ago

Hi Guys,

Does Star Trek Vault Premium have a shaker motor by default or is it an add-on?

Thanks

#8671 3 years ago
Quoted from zephee:

Hi Guys,
Thanks

Premium = shaker

#8672 3 years ago
Quoted from Viperbsd:

Wish there was a way to get these remade as I have #508 and the certificate was lost by the previous owner.

Contact Stern, I have known them to replace a TWDLE certificate for an owner over here.

#8673 3 years ago
Quoted from zephee:

Hi Guys,
Thanks

No - you have to buy it. It's an easy drop-in add-on though (get the S.A.M. version). All cabling and pre-drilled holes are in place on the Vault.

Quoted from gdonovan:

Premium = shaker

That's incorrect. Vault Premium does not come factory with the shaker.

#8674 3 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

No - you have to buy it. It's an easy drop-in add-on though (get the S.A.M. version). All cabling and pre-drilled holes are in place on the Vault.

Thanks

#8675 3 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

The flyer clearly indicates it does.

#8676 3 years ago

So I had the last mode of the first missions round active while playing Klingon multiball today. As the mission ended with Klingon still active, the Vengeance lights illuminated to start Kobiyashi Maru. Soon after, the flippers died and I figured the game was forcing me out of multiball to begin Kobiyashi. However, after both balls drained, the game ended with my ball 3 bonus and match animation. Now when I start a game, the ball eject fires twice and two balls are put into play. I have removed the balls, unplugged the machine, etc, but the error still occurs.

Is this the type of thing that a software reload can fix?

#8677 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

The flyer clearly indicates it does.

It's a missprint that Stern never corrected (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-premium-has-a-shaker). Unless my distributer/Stern screwed me on my NIB purchase...

#8678 3 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

It's a missprint that Stern never corrected (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-premium-has-a-shaker). Unless my distributer/Stern screwed me on my NIB purchase...

My premium had a shaker.

#8679 3 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

So I had the last mode of the first missions round active while playing Klingon multiball today. As the mission ended with Klingon still active, the Vengeance lights illuminated to start Kobiyashi Maru. Soon after, the flippers died and I figured the game was forcing me out of multiball to begin Kobiyashi. However, after both balls drained, the game ended with my ball 3 bonus and match animation. Now when I start a game, the ball eject fires twice and two balls are put into play. I have removed the balls, unplugged the machine, etc, but the error still occurs.
Is this the type of thing that a software reload can fix?

Sounds like a trough switch/opto problem. Try reseating any connectors going to them and make sure your solder joints are ok and the optos themselves are clean and aligned.

#8680 3 years ago

I had to add a shaker on my premium. This was 2015 or 16.

#8681 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Sounds like a trough switch/opto problem. Try reseating any connectors going to them and make sure your solder joints are ok and the optos themselves are clean and aligned.

Okay so I started by removing, inspecting, and switch testing the trough opto. All checks good. I go to switch diagnostics and see the #4 trough ball switch shows active, even when all balls are removed. Perhaps the game registers all balls in the trough and determines one is stuck, launching again. A check of that switch finds a mounting screw had completely backed out - that must be it! So I remove the screw, check all wires, try to test it on the diagnostic page and it continues to show closed. In fact, all three switches on the red/white return line show active. The other two switches are the Red Target #6, which seems fine, and the upper opto switch under the Vengeance (ball lock). Sticking my finger in the ball lock, I can get the opto switch to show off when blocking the light beam. When I do that, the other two switches on the return line function normally. I can get to the right side, so I remove the plastic over it and notice the sensor is loose. That must be it! Tighten up the screws and.......nothing. Same problem. Getting to the left side looks pretty involved, with removal of the warp ramp and Alpha quadrant ramp. Before doing that, I grab some felt pads, jam them in the ball lock area to block the upper opto switch, start a game, and.......one ball ejects like it should. Looks like I'm in for a long afternoon of removing stuff in hopes that the problem is with the left side opto switch. Fun times.

#8682 3 years ago

Stern Star Trek Le was delivered via trade yesterday.Had a premium years ago and sold it to get something different. Big mistake.This low play Le is amazing. I think it’s the best Stern game built to date.kickass gameplay,and a spectacular light show.WOW

#8684 3 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Okay so I started by removing, inspecting, and switch testing the trough opto. All checks good. I go to switch diagnostics and see the #4 trough ball switch shows active, even when all balls are removed. Perhaps the game registers all balls in the trough and determines one is stuck, launching again. A check of that switch finds a mounting screw had completely backed out - that must be it! So I remove the screw, check all wires, try to test it on the diagnostic page and it continues to show closed. In fact, all three switches on the red/white return line show active. The other two switches are the Red Target #6, which seems fine, and the upper opto switch under the Vengeance (ball lock). Sticking my finger in the ball lock, I can get the opto switch to show off when blocking the light beam. When I do that, the other two switches on the return line function normally. I can get to the right side, so I remove the plastic over it and notice the sensor is loose. That must be it! Tighten up the screws and.......nothing. Same problem. Getting to the left side looks pretty involved, with removal of the warp ramp and Alpha quadrant ramp. Before doing that, I grab some felt pads, jam them in the ball lock area to block the upper opto switch, start a game, and.......one ball ejects like it should. Looks like I'm in for a long afternoon of removing stuff in hopes that the problem is with the left side opto switch. Fun times.

You will probably find many loosened screws throughout the machine. They do cause issues like this and really need to be tightened occasionally.

#8685 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

You will probably find many loosened screws throughout the machine. They do cause issues like this and really need to be tightened occasionally.

Thank you, I am on the road now but just ordered a new pair of optos from Pinball Life in case mine are bad. Before I left on my trip, I was able to stick a pencil into the left side opto hole and it seemed that the opto was securely in place, so it may have just gone bad. I found an old thread here regarding upper opto issues in this game and I imagine my experience is not new. I was surprised to find no thread locker was used in the ball trough switches, I know it's not really an option when threading into plastic or wood but would be useful when threaded into metal. Looking forward to getting back home and getting the issue resolved.

#8686 3 years ago

I am upgrading my membership in the Star Trek Club - why, you ask? Because if I could have only 1 pin - Star Trek LE would be it....
yup, that's a nib LE
woo-hoo!!!

20200823_164852 (resized).jpg20200823_164852 (resized).jpg

#8687 3 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

I am upgrading my membership in the Star Trek Club - why, you ask? Because if I could have only 1 pin - Star Trek LE would be it....
yup, that's a nib LE
woo-hoo!!!
[quoted image]

Best LE of all time!!

#8688 3 years ago

Wow, score!

#8689 3 years ago

Joined the club with a NIB Premium VE this week. Great game. I have a question though. The ST I played in the past had lasers that appeared on the play field. I think it was at the start of Klingon multiball but mine does not. Is that a mod? Or was that only on the 2013 model?

thanks

#8690 3 years ago
Quoted from zephee:

Joined the club with a NIB Premium VE this week. Great game. I have a question though. The ST I played in the past had lasers that appeared on the play field. I think it was at the start of Klingon multiball but mine does not. Is that a mod? Or was that only on the 2013 model?
thanks

You should have lasers. Look at the front apron to the left of the drain. It should have a hole and a laser warning label.

15986689403302392583884898640891 (resized).jpg15986689403302392583884898640891 (resized).jpg
#8691 3 years ago

Premium has the laser, Pro does not.

#8692 3 years ago

Thanks. So the laser is there and the motor is activating. I stuck my phones camera in there when the mulitball started and it definitely looks like theres some lasers in there only I cant seem them on the playfield (video here https://photos.app.goo.gl/NPzGYrhSXVm6nsvn6). I took some picture. It almost seems like the projector is at a bad angle? Does this look normal? Any ideas?

Thanks

MVIMG_20200829_122446 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200829_122446 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200829_123323 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200829_123323 (resized).jpg
#8693 3 years ago

I have seen them misaligned. You can take the lower arch cover off and bend the bracket if you need to.

#8694 3 years ago

Thanks. I'll give it a shot

#8695 3 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

yup, that's a nib LE
woo-hoo!!!
[quoted image]

Quoted from AJB4:

yup, that's a nib LE
woo-hoo!!! As they say where I come from. W T heck. I have a tricked out one and know your joy. Or the joy that’s upcoming.Congrats on a rare pickup.
[quoted image]

#8696 3 years ago

that looks like the laser isn't "centered" on the hole.
Not sure a bend of the bracket is going to fix that.
Can someone take a picture from the same angle. I would; but mine is buried in some product right now.

#8697 3 years ago

Just to follow up on my laser issue as I was able to fix it. It really was not the angle of the laser (though it was off), it was the laser itself. I took off the apron and was able to verify the laser motor worked fine. Turns out there is a button on the laser mechanism that is being held down by a clamp. That button depresses another button inside the mechanism that 'powers' the laser. It needs to be depressed when the motor spins in order for the laser to shine.

Anyway, it turned out the outer button that is held down by the clamp was broken. It was knocked loose somehow and was not able to depress the inner button while clamped. I had to jury rig it. I just put in the end of a tie rap over the inner button and put the clamp down on that to get it to work.

Seems like a silly system to have since the two buttons are always pressed down.

Fixed now though so think i will enjoy the laser show a few times before tackling my shaker motor problem.

Thanks

MVIMG_20200829_205141 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200829_205141 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200829_205338 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200829_205338 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200829_210058 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200829_210058 (resized).jpg
#8698 3 years ago
Quoted from zephee:

Just to follow up on my laser issue as I was able to fix it. It really was not the angle of the laser (though it was off), it was the laser itself. I took off the apron and was able to verify the laser motor worked fine. Turns out there is a button on the laser mechanism that is being held down by a clamp. That button depresses another button inside the mechanism that 'powers' the laser. It needs to be depressed when the motor spins in order for the laser to shine.
Anyway, it turned out the outer button that is held down by the clamp was broken. It was knocked loose somehow and was not able to depress the inner button while clamped. I had to jury rig it. I just put in the end of a tie rap over the inner button and put the clamp down on that to get it to work.
Seems like a silly system to have since the two buttons are always pressed down.
Fixed now though so think i will enjoy the laser show a few times before tackling my shaker motor problem.
Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Upgraded your laser with one of Zitt laser upgrades, the difference is night and day plus you can see the upgraded laser from Zitt in the day as well!

Check back for one of my posts in the last couple of months I took some photos at around midday, 1 in the afternoon with my blinds open to flood the room with daylight and you couldn’t see the stern laser, zitts was as good in the day as sterns was at night!

#8699 3 years ago

The stock laser is made from a laser pointer, a cheap item, and mine started to flicker badly due to the switch malfunctioning. I went with Zitt's laser mod and it works great now.

#8700 3 years ago
Quoted from zephee:

That button depresses another button inside the mechanism that 'powers' the laser. It needs to be depressed when the motor spins in order for the laser to shine.

Quoted from J85M:

Upgraded your laser with one of zitt laser upgrades, the difference is night and day plus you can see the upgraded laser from Zitt in the day as well!

Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

The stock laser is made from a laser pointer, a cheap item, and mine started to flicker badly due to the switch malfunctioning. I went with Zitt's laser mod and it works great now.

Thanks guys.
Yes, sorry - I've had my lasers so long that
1) I didn't realize the "green" in your pictures WASNT laser light.
2) Forgot the stock laser pointer had a button.

zephee if you're in the market for an upgrade to Green or Blue; please let me know. I am planning to eventually do a Last Time Buy for Red... I just haven't made any definitive plans.
My lasers do not have a button, are more easily visible, and are bolt-on ready.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Melbourne Beach, FL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marion, NC
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing
Hardware
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus
Lighting
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/174?hl=scoot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.