PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 217.
#8501 3 years ago

I may have this translite and speaker decal for sale in the up coming weeks. I had a Aurich art package that I have been holding onto for just such a project. I will be using everything but the speaker decal because I ordered the stainless steel one. It would look like this fellow did in the pic. Would be 135 shipped once my speaker cover comes in 4 weeks. LMK if you interested

315C782C-3A38-42C0-A85C-5D0BB6DE30DD (resized).jpeg315C782C-3A38-42C0-A85C-5D0BB6DE30DD (resized).jpeg
#8502 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I may have this translite and speaker decal for sale in the up coming weeks. I had a Aurich art package that I have been holding onto for just such a project. I will be using everything but the speaker decal because I ordered the stainless steel one. It would look like this fellow did in the pic. Would be 135 shipped once my speaker cover comes in 4 weeks. LMK if you interested
[quoted image]

I am interested if I don't find one sooner. Thx.

#8503 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Cool. Its actually a combo of 1 translate plus the Aurich decal. Ill keep you posted.

#8504 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

No, what kind of mods would do this?

I don't want to say specific mods or mod builders because I know how hard they work and I'm not in any way bashing their products. But there are a lot of mods that make the ball handle differently than normal. Or unable to see the ball as well. Stuff like that. Sometimes mods are even essential, but still alter game play in a negative way. And when you add 2, 3, or more mods like that on one playfield, you can produce a poorly shooting or feeling game. And I have absolutely done this myself.

#8505 3 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I don't want to say specific mods or mod builders because I know how hard they work and I'm not in any way bashing their products. But there are a lot of mods that make the ball handle differently than normal. Or unable to see the ball as well. Stuff like that. Sometimes mods are even essential, but still alter game play in a negative way. And when you add 2, 3, or more mods like that on one playfield, you can produce a poorly shooting or feeling game. And I have absolutely done this myself.

Sometimes its not even the mods..... like the hammer in Met.

#8506 3 years ago

Welcome aboard....me!!

E665D86D-56EE-46AC-920F-315EB3A1D5A7 (resized).jpegE665D86D-56EE-46AC-920F-315EB3A1D5A7 (resized).jpeg
#8507 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Quickly off topic, what’s the issue with the hammer? I ask as I’m currently looking at a Met Prem.

#8508 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Just need the right mod to fix it.

Metallica Hammer of Justice.jpgMetallica Hammer of Justice.jpg

#8509 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Heres the way I am looking at it because of what I want to do. I paid 4k " very cheap" for a 1 owner HUO with pro from the original owner. The same in a premium would have cost me 6500 or 7500 for an LE taking into what I would have added is my theory

Wow. The entire list; and nearly none of my mods unless the KBOP is mine.
Regardless, enjoy your machine.

Thats tricky but .... but a switched timer relay. Could be run of an insert or any multi ball using possibly the ball trough for a certain amount of time.

There isn't a KMB insert; right?
How many people really want a "laser" running anytime there is a multiball in progress?
It's a serious question; seriously.

#8510 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Quickly off topic, what’s the issue with the hammer? I ask as I’m currently looking at a Met Prem.

Get the Prem if the price is right! But some people complain that the hammer/coffin lock mech slow down flow. This is a complaint on several Prem/LE vs Pro models due to added features.

#8511 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Welcome aboard....me!!

Welcome! I recently joined the club as well with an LE serial number 446!

If you like to up the pins wow factor, two musts, color dmd and speaker upgrades with maybe a powered sub. This game is by far the fastest pin I’ve owned. And with the alternate movie soundtrack creates super intense game play.

Love this pin, still miss my STTNG, had to sell for a new roof after a tree impaled it, but glad to be back on board.

#8512 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

So, We take a 150 Amazon monitor... and a 30usd raz pi... play movies to it. and this is a topper?
Does it interact with game play? Nope; I'll save you guys time... "Does Not Interact with Gameplay" from the fleabay ad.
Is it 17" or 16" ... nah; doesn't matter.
I mean; I'm TRYING real hard to be positive here... I'm clearly not the target audience; and I'm obviously missing something, right?
Sorry; the "mod" gets a downvote from me. Not even marginally tempted to buy it.

Nah none of your assumptions are true bud.

Try learning English & start being a human.

I wouldn't sell you one anyhow. lol

#8513 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Wow. The entire list; and nearly none of my mods unless the KBOP is mine.
Regardless, enjoy your machine.

Sorry brother even the KBOP was all gutted with a die grinder and then hand wired by me. I used a diluted grey to white wash the model then gave some darker highlights to take the shine off , Then 3D printed the swivel post

Im still not done so there may be a chance Zitt.

#8514 3 years ago
Quoted from Juzz:

Nah none of your assumptions are true bud.
Try learning English & start being a human.

Hey Juzz,
I'm sure you do "well" selling your bogus male/female "enhancements", but you won't do well here selling your extremely overpriced, AliExpress computer monitor "Topper". I did get a chuckle out of your PM Threat though. If you want to; "meet up in person" I'm here come on over.

#8515 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Sorry brother even the KBOP was all gutted with a die grinder and then hand wired by me. I used a diluted grey to white wash the model then gave some darker highlights to take the shine off , Then 3D printed the swivel post
Im still not done so there may be a chance Zitt.

If there’s only one thing you get off Zitt grab his pop caps those are stunning and make any ST pop they blow the factory plastic ones away.

#8516 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If there’s only one thing you get off Zitt grab his pop caps those are stunning and make any ST pop they blow the factory plastic ones away.

Do they fit with Pinbits pop number dress up kit ?

#8517 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Do they fit with Pinbits pop number dress up kit ?

Pinbits is the thicker blue pop plastic that sits under the factory one is that right?

If so I doubt they would fit but honesty Zitts blow those pinbits one away, I’m not a huge modder of my games but those popcaps are awesome!

#8518 3 years ago

Yeah, they most likely won’t work together. I have the Pinbits pop bumper kit as well and I think they look really good with the stock caps.

#8519 3 years ago
Quoted from Juzz:

LMAO... I wouldn't take one if you GAVE it to me. Well; ok - maybe it'd make a good LCD photo slide show for the home pics.

Quoted from pipes:

Yeah, they most likely won’t work together. I have the Pinbits pop bumper kit as well and I think they look really good with the stock caps.

Reminder; this is my Stern popcap kit:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinioninterest-check-stern-star-trek-popcaps/page/2#post-2051992
9d3a406921b3f5de1ef8299e3673dd4b89fdf0a3[1] (resized).jpg9d3a406921b3f5de1ef8299e3673dd4b89fdf0a3[1] (resized).jpg
which you can order here:
http://pinball-mods.com/url/sstPopcaps
This is the final batch of these popcaps. Once they are out of stock; they are retired and will not be restocked - five years is a long run.
These are anodized aluminum with custom chemical etches - they are not 3d printed plastic.

If you like the pinbits thicker plastic; I imagine the
Substitution for All Blue Matte UnderCaps
option would be a suitable alternative.
sub all bluesub all blue

That said; there has to be something in our star trek mods that you don't have:
http://pinball-mods.com/url/SternSTPMods

#8520 3 years ago

Got a bunch of your mods - KBOP, Nebula, Warp Ramp LED and Laser upgrade. All great mods!

The all blue matt under-caps are very nice! I definitely prefer those.

#8521 3 years ago

Hi all! Relatively recent new first-time pin owner here... Here to join , as I have a used Stern Pro that I'm trying to shine up. Thanks for having me!

#8522 3 years ago

Also, if Mario does find one sooner, I'd be interested in being a backup buyer... I just learned about the Aurich decals last night (only five years too late), and am socially interested in the speaker decal (but would gladly purchase both), cheers!

#8523 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Also, if Mario does find one sooner, I'd be interested in being a backup buyer... I just learned about the Aurich decals last night (only five years too late), and am socially interested in the speaker decal (but would gladly purchase both), cheers!

Sorry, haven't answered your PM yet. I might have some extra decals lying around, I'll have to dig. I accumulate stuff over time that I stash away and then forget about. I used to make fun of my grandmother for finding Christmas presents she'd forgotten about in a closet during the Summer, but I'm slowly turning into her ...

#8524 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sorry, haven't answered your PM yet. I might have some extra decals lying around, I'll have to dig. I accumulate stuff over time that I stash away and then forget about. I used to make fun of my grandmother for finding Christmas presents she'd forgotten about in a closet during the Summer, but I'm slowly turning into her ...

Add me to that interesting list. I PM'd you a while back looking for a translite and assumed you didn't respond because of other things but guess you were just swamped.

#8525 3 years ago

Based upon the interest level, maybe it's time to do a mini run of star trek package @aurich?

#8526 3 years ago

Based upon the interest level, maybe it's time to do a mini run of star trek package aurich?

It's not really something I advertise anymore out of respect for Stern, but if I had enough interest to do a quiet run I'd be willing to.

Quoted from GoodOmens:

I PM'd you a while back looking for a translite and assumed you didn't respond because of other things but guess you were just swamped.

My bad, when I took that year off Pinside I missed a lot of messages. I went back through most of them, but I still have some I haven't replied to, you're probably in there. I'll do another pass.

(Edit: Done, messaged everyone who had asked, sorry again for the delay in response, I'm around again and easy to reach now.)

#8527 3 years ago

Super happy to find out tonight that yes, a Pingulp can hold a somewhat larger glass of Klingon Bloodwine. Had my best score of the day when I brought a glass over!

0713202004_HDR (resized).jpg0713202004_HDR (resized).jpg

#8528 3 years ago

Do you think @notrashcougar would be willing to retheme a #RickandMorty into Lower Decks?

Asking for a friend....

Added over 4 years ago:

TheNoTrashCougar

#8529 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Do you think @notrashcougar would be willing to retheme a #RickandMorty into Lower Decks?
Asking for a friend....

Every time the ball hits a pop bumper, there would have to be a clip of Mariner singing her "It's a blast shield" song.

#8530 3 years ago

Anyone got a fix for the ball hanging up next to the lower pop bumper? There’s a curved headed screw that seems to be the culprit as it’s next to the bumper and rail. Anyone else had the ball hanging there?

#8531 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone got a fix for the ball hanging up next to the lower pop bumper? There’s a curved headed screw that seems to be the culprit as it’s next to the bumper and rail. Anyone else had the ball hanging there?

Yes, I have, frequently! Here I thought it was just my machine that was doing that...

#8532 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Just back the screw out a bit. That will make the ball roll off of it instead of settling there. Common problem, easy fix.

#8533 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Just back the screw out a bit. That will make the ball roll off of it instead of settling there. Common problem, easy fix.

Thank you.

#8534 3 years ago

Hello,

A question for everyone, where can I buy a good quality set of back box side decals for next generation?

#8535 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

My gosh that worked like a charm... Here's to the simplest (and in hindsight, distressingly obvious) solutions; thanks again!

#8536 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

My gosh that worked like a charm... Here's to the simplest (and in hindsight, distressingly obvious) solutions; thanks again!

It's amazing how many people do not realize they can do this and it works great. I cringe every time I play one that hasn't done this....especially in competition. Glad it worked for you!

#8537 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

It's amazing how many people do not realize they can do this and it works great. I cringe every time I play one that hasn't done this....especially in competition. Glad it worked for you!

I didn't know that either. That'll save me a couple of tilt warnings every game

#8538 3 years ago

Just got all the parts to build my warp ramp chaser lights. There are LEDs on both sides of the strip inside the tube that I will remove

F41066EE-609B-46EF-9AB4-A8DFD3264620.gifF41066EE-609B-46EF-9AB4-A8DFD3264620.gif
#8539 3 years ago

Regarding the ball getting stuck up at the pops-
I removed the screw and started getting balls stuck. My solution was to make the lowest pop bumper switch more sensitive. I did this not by reducing the switch gap, but by reducing the preload of the spoon switch. Now the ball will trigger the pop way more often and even a very slow ball rolling into the switch will trigger the pop. This also increased the action of the pops in general.

#8540 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I put a piece of felt over the screw and that works as well.

#8541 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I just adjusted mine and all fixed! Super!

#8542 3 years ago

Wondering if anyone here has any insight before I make a separate post. Finally was able to get a ST Pro and have been messing with the various scoring strategies and approaches to the game. One thing I haven't been able to nail down yet is if one of the captian's chair awards is more valuable or has more scoring potential than the other. Probably a loaded question since often times it's running with a mode going, but is there any consensus on which has more possible points assuming you complete the whole thing? Maybe in a no other mode running/all things equal environment? Just curious!

#8543 3 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

One thing I haven't been able to nail down yet is if one of the captian's chair awards is more valuable or has more scoring potential than the other.

This is an excellent question. I always tend to go for the bottom (spinner), because there is just something wonderful about juiced spinners for me. If I can couple that with finishing Nero 3, I'm a happy camper. But is that the best strategy??? Oh, I have no idea. It's just how I like to play it.

#8544 3 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Wondering if anyone here has any insight before I make a separate post. Finally was able to get a ST Pro and have been messing with the various scoring strategies and approaches to the game. One thing I haven't been able to nail down yet is if one of the captian's chair awards is more valuable or has more scoring potential than the other. Probably a loaded question since often times it's running with a mode going, but is there any consensus on which has more possible points assuming you complete the whole thing? Maybe in a no other mode running/all things equal environment? Just curious!

I usually got for super spinner or super ramps, like Dave says above the super spinner is just satisfying plus it’s a nice easy shot you can rinse and repeat, same with the ramps start hitting them one after the other and the points rack up with the super ramps and combos.

#8545 3 years ago
3F57F00A-9879-4CBA-A4EB-439F0B43E326 (resized).jpeg3F57F00A-9879-4CBA-A4EB-439F0B43E326 (resized).jpeg
#8546 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

This is an excellent question. I always tend to go for the bottom (spinner), because there is just something wonderful about juiced spinners for me. If I can couple that with finishing Nero 3, I'm a happy camper. But is that the best strategy??? Oh, I have no idea. It's just how I like to play it.

Quoted from J85M:

I usually got for super spinner or super ramps, like Dave says above the super spinner is just satisfying plus it’s a nice easy shot you can rinse and repeat, same with the ramps start hitting them one after the other and the points rack up with the super ramps and combos.

I usually end up going for ramps or spinner too, or trying to finish both at once if I want to get greedy, but that is also just based on the shots I like to hit similar to you both. I'd be real curious to know if one of the three has more scoring potential (in a vaccum) than the others. I've been trying to watch the DMD and do the math as I play but haven't been able to keep up.

#8547 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I did this not by reducing the switch gap, but by reducing the preload of the spoon switch.

I don't quite understand what you're saying? Could you be more specific?
I'm interested as my screw was broken off when I got the machine. I put a Glue Dot there for now. But it doesn't last and eventually comes unstuck.
Thanks.
shopping (resized).pngshopping (resized).png

#8548 3 years ago

This is good thread to read through:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-strategies-for-the-average-player

As for which award is most valuable, I'd guess ramps. Ramps are worth 1m and I think you get 20?
You can get real numbers if you pay attention though. You get x number of spins/pops/ramps.
Trying to get 2 going at the same time is the move. I usually go for pops/ramps.

The reality is there aren't any great scoring strategies other than get deep into the game.
Getting as many medals as possible before going into the wiz modes is the most important thing for big scores. Optimally starting 2x scoring before starting KM/EA/5YM

#8549 3 years ago

Playfield swap and restore over the next few days. CPR got a run of the playfields done recently and I was fortunate enough to snag one before they were all gone...THE NEXT DAY! The original playfield had an overlay put on it. It was crinkled, overlapped, and mis-aligned all over the place. Got all the parts and pieces I need to get this up to par again. It was 100% working prior to this, but the playfield overlay was installed so badly, I couldn’t live with it. Stay tuned!

8B65C78B-344B-48E8-97AF-92B872722A84 (resized).jpeg8B65C78B-344B-48E8-97AF-92B872722A84 (resized).jpeg80A51E9E-9EA5-4C6A-AAA7-AE7E114D6483 (resized).jpeg80A51E9E-9EA5-4C6A-AAA7-AE7E114D6483 (resized).jpeg3E178BCC-23EA-4A93-9A37-02D9566B2B7E (resized).jpeg3E178BCC-23EA-4A93-9A37-02D9566B2B7E (resized).jpeg0E55E064-B519-407F-B8A4-118430125074 (resized).jpeg0E55E064-B519-407F-B8A4-118430125074 (resized).jpeg67CBD92E-8F5F-477E-B189-3CA31E0ACD16 (resized).jpeg67CBD92E-8F5F-477E-B189-3CA31E0ACD16 (resized).jpeg7A21D1CB-038B-4F34-AC69-F7B6ED4C6706 (resized).jpeg7A21D1CB-038B-4F34-AC69-F7B6ED4C6706 (resized).jpegBE650C8A-FB4B-4DDC-8252-62534E2BDC25 (resized).jpegBE650C8A-FB4B-4DDC-8252-62534E2BDC25 (resized).jpeg6D7CC768-4D6D-4A31-B056-3660F5CB8622 (resized).jpeg6D7CC768-4D6D-4A31-B056-3660F5CB8622 (resized).jpeg7CD52347-6B72-4B35-8FC2-3DA2740DF00E (resized).jpeg7CD52347-6B72-4B35-8FC2-3DA2740DF00E (resized).jpegD2B206EA-07AB-4860-8D3A-37466D031204 (resized).jpegD2B206EA-07AB-4860-8D3A-37466D031204 (resized).jpeg
#8550 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I don't quite understand what you're saying? Could you be more specific?
I'm interested as my screw was broken off when I got the machine. I put a Glue Dot there for now. But it doesn't last and eventually comes unstuck.
Thanks.
[quoted image]

I will do my best to explain. The skirt switch has too much spring pressure and a very slow ball will not close the circuit, even if the switch gap is minimized. My goal was to lessen the force needed to activate the bumper so that a slow ball will have enough force to overcome the spring tension and close the circuit and activate the bumper. A large amount of spring tension resides in the spoon switch contact itself. All I had to do was reduce that tension a bit by bending it ever so slightly so that it no longer presented a strong spring resistance to the skirt. Now the skirt will move down, close the switch and activate the pop when a ball very slowly rolls into it. Ideally, the pop should activate whenever a ball even rests against the skirt, but I have found that achieving that sensitivity of adjustment and not having machine gunning is next to impossible.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

1,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 63.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Marshfield, MO
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 217.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/171?hl=vbobrusev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.