Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 216.
#8451 3 years ago

My Promium is coming along fantastic

Almost done with the topside

6D9AF196-3B77-4C62-A98D-F13FE9959154 (resized).jpeg6D9AF196-3B77-4C62-A98D-F13FE9959154 (resized).jpeg
#8452 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

[quoted image]

Looks awesome. Wish there were a way to get the laser projector in the pro.

#8453 3 years ago
Quoted from joshvandam:

I looking into that. I have the warp ramp down pat for my last time around with ST.

#8454 3 years ago
Quoted from joshvandam:

The pro lacks the code for turning on the laser project; else it would be easy.
Without that code; unsure how anyone would "detect" klingon multi ball to turn on said laser.

#8455 3 years ago

I am about to join the club. So excited!

Is there a game play difference between a Prem VE and an LE? Is the geometry different? Is one built better than the other?

Thanks for any insight/opinions.

#8456 3 years ago

Last Zitt mod going into my LE today, laser upgrade, ordered a while back so the fun with this will be the laser colour, as I can’t remember for the life of me what colour I ordered

#8457 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

The pro lacks the code for turning on the laser project; else it would be easy.
Without that code; unsure how anyone would "detect" klingon multi ball to turn on said laser.

Thats tricky but .... but a switched timer relay. Could be run of an insert or any multi ball using possibly the ball trough for a certain amount of time.

Would not be exactly like the Premium but close enough.

#8458 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Thats tricky but .... but a switched timer relay. Could be run of an insert or any multi ball using possibly the ball trough for a certain amount of time.
Would not be exactly like the Premium but close enough.

Couldn’t you sell your pro and just grab a premium seems like it would save you a tonne of trouble and time.

#8459 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

I am about to join the club. So excited!
Is there a game play difference between a Prem VE and an LE? Is the geometry different? Is one built better than the other?
Thanks for any insight/opinions.

You will be more than happy with a pro...... trust me I owned two.... I planned on modding the shit out of mine to make it a one off so spending 6500 plus 1500/2000 in mods was more than I wanted to invest for almost identical gameplay.

If you want to spend the coin for stock an LE is the way to go.

#8460 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Couldn’t you sell your pro and just grab a premium seems like it would save you a tonne of trouble and time.

I like mine more than a premium . There is sooooo much stuff I am putting on it still would have cost $$$$.

Also only paid 4k for my 1 owner HUO perfect original receipt pro.

#8461 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I like mine more than a premium . There is sooooo much stuff I am putting on it still would have cost $$$$

Cool dude I was just curious so had to ask. Been following your posts so interested to see it all once your finished.

#8462 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Cool dude I was just curious so had to ask. Been following your posts so interested to see it all once your finished.

if I was just to buy the color DMD and bird of prey mod built with Interactive LEDs that cost alone would have been 600

#8463 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

[quoted image]

For me, the premium is all features you just can't add to a pro. Lighting, kickback, and the VUK.

#8464 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

For me, the premium is all features you just can't add to a pro. Lighting, kickback, and the VUK.

Kickback and VUC really nothing to the game.

As far as lighting they said that about MET too.

#8465 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

One of my good friends has a pro and the lighting is the biggest upgrade between models and it is superb, makes my other games next to it look straight up dull.

Kickback and VUK are nice to have I definitely enjoy the interaction of a real kickback over virtual same as ball locks who doesn’t prefer physical over virtual but the VUK for me is really nice, not being the best player having the VUK put the ball back on the wireform and feed my left flipper is fantastic.

The pro is still a kick ass game one of Sterns best games at all trim levels, doubt I will ever sell my LE.

#8466 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

having the VUK put the ball back on the wireform and feed my left flipper is fantastic.

This

I've heard tales of the mythical pros that put the ball back on the left flipper consistently, but of the 10ish pros I've played, that's never been the case.

#8467 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

This
I've heard tales of the mythical pros that put the ball back on the left flipper consistently, but of the 10ish pros I've played, that's never been the case.

Yeah my mates pro always hits the top of the sling unless you plan for it and give it a nudge, still completely enjoyable but it’s nice after making that shot which I think is the hardest on the game to have the ball back under control.

#8468 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah my mates pro always hits the top of the sling unless you plan for it and give it a nudge, still completely enjoyable but it’s nice after making that shot which I think is the hardest on the game to have the ball back under control.

The pro is still a great game, but that feed is can be completely gangster. The feed on the Pre/LE definitely makes the game easier, but the same could be said for the virtual kickback on the pro. I've done my share of screaming profanities at my game after a poorly timed kickbacks.

I will say this for the pro, I think the plastic ramps shoot better. My game for sure flows very nicely, but I've played some nicely tuned pros that put it to shame.

#8469 3 years ago

Both are great but for what I wanted to do........ adding $$$$ to a 6500 dollar game was not what I wanted to spend.

#8470 3 years ago

After playing on my LE, I honestly cant stand the pro for the above mentioned items. The PREMIUM and LE both have full RGB lighting for every insert on the playfield, this alone makes these games look like completely different machines.

#8471 3 years ago

Little shout out to all Prem/LE owners, who’s not upgraded their laser?

Just got it done installing Zitt Laser Upgrade and holy shit it was way better than I expected, it’s a must have for any Prem/LE owner.

All photos where taken in the middle of the day, as it was convenient for me to get the mod done but I was also interested how good it would be in the day. The Stern factory laser I have barely been able to see it during daylight hours. Zitt laser is superb in the daylight!

Factory Stern Laser FA5E724B-D7F6-4753-8110-83269067594C (resized).jpegFA5E724B-D7F6-4753-8110-83269067594C (resized).jpeg72D127C3-EF2C-4FE1-82A3-38EEEC3B336B (resized).jpeg72D127C3-EF2C-4FE1-82A3-38EEEC3B336B (resized).jpeg

Zitt Laser Upgrade A033436E-F4BD-440A-A9A8-6C8E8578CC7A (resized).jpegA033436E-F4BD-440A-A9A8-6C8E8578CC7A (resized).jpeg3BBCA47D-CC50-429B-83E6-2916710DE55C (resized).jpeg3BBCA47D-CC50-429B-83E6-2916710DE55C (resized).jpeg

As you can see or not in the case of the factory laser, the stern laser is barely visible at all, you can see a couple of concentrated spots on the back board and ramp that’s it, compare that to the upgrade which covers the ramps and backboard, it’s also on the playfield but my camera just doesn’t pick it up against the red of the playfield.

#8472 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

After playing on my LE, I honestly cant stand the pro for the above mentioned items. The PREMIUM and LE both have full RGB lighting for every insert on the playfield, this alone makes these games look like completely different machines.

Thats actually one of the things I can't stand on the Prem/Le. I love that the insignias on the pro are RGB, and having the inserts standard means I don't have to keep the dimly lit Stern ones in.

I was able to fully customize all my Leds to my liking and if one goes bad its pennys to replace .

#8473 3 years ago

Heres the way I am looking at it because of what I want to do. I paid 4k " very cheap" for a 1 owner HUO with pro from the original owner. The same in a premium would have cost me 6500 or 7500 for an LE taking into what I would have added is my theory

PRO mods PREM mods
4000 6500 Base pro I bought to average Premium price
400. 400. ColorDmd
175. 175 Klingon BOP mod
25 25. Mezel explosion
18 18 Mezel transporter
18 18. Mezel Insignia transfuser
200 200 Art package with translite
18 18. Mezel spring cover
65 65 Superbands w/colored flipper rubber
100 100 Vengeance mod
175 175 Stainless Speaker panel
100 100 Shaker
25 25 Hooked Visor
200 25 Flashers and or Prem LEDS
250. 250 Powdercoat to the color I want to match each art package
50 50 Pinbits Pop and sling dress up kits
300 0 Asteroids and ship plus shipping
50 0 Warp ramp switch activated chaser lights
250 70 Real work rails, metal apron and hardware, cliffys, mylar and misc
25 25 Pincabs and mirror glazed balls
125 125 Flipper fidelity

Doing a Premium was waaaay more than I wanted to spend for next to no gameplay difference. This Promium IMO will smoke a stock Prem. in every way in gameplay and features . The LE is a different story but would still be needing much of what I want but at over 9k investment. Toooo much for me.

#8474 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I agree, the lighting alone makes such a huge difference. You just can’t make up for that with mods IMO.

#8475 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Heres the way I am looking at it because of what I want to do. I paid 4k " very cheap" for a 1 owner HUO with pro from the original owner. The same in a premium would have cost me 6500 or 7500 for an LE taking into what I would have added is my theory
PRO mods PREM mods
4000 6500 Base pro I bought to average Premium price
400. 400. ColorDmd
175. 175 Klingon BOP mod
25 25. Mezel explosion
18 18 Mezel transporter
18 18. Mezel Insignia transfuser
200 200 Art package with translite
18 18. Mezel spring cover
65 65 Superbands w/colored flipper rubber
100 100 Vengeance mod
175 175 Stainless Speaker panel
100 100 Shaker
25 25 Hooked Visor
200 25 Flashers and or Prem LEDS
250. 250 Powdercoat to the color I want to match each art package
50 50 Pinbits Pop and sling dress up kits
300 0 Asteroids and ship plus shipping
50 0 Warp ramp switch activated chaser lights
250 70 Real work rails, metal apron and hardware, cliffys, mylar and misc
25 25 Pincabs and mirror glazed balls
125 125 Flipper fidelity
Doing a Premium was waaaay more than I wanted to spend for next to no gameplay difference. This Promium IMO will smoke a stock Prem. in every way in gameplay and features . The LE is a different story but would still be needing much of what I want but at over 9k investment. Toooo much for me.

I am with you all the way. This is how I have my pro and honestly prefer it decked out like that to the premiums I have played. Not to mention a 2k savings. This is one of the best pros made imo.

#8476 3 years ago
Quoted from joshvandam:

I am with you all the way. This is how I have my pro and honestly prefer it decked out like that to the premiums I have played. Not to mention a 2k savings. This is one of the best pros made imo.

Only 3 pro's IMO that fit that bill....... ST, Tron, and Met.

#8477 3 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I agree, the lighting alone makes such a huge difference. You just can’t make up for that with mods IMO.

It is very cool to watch.

20200703_054313_1.gif20200703_054313_1.gif
#8478 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

It is very cool to watch.[quoted image]

Not trying to be negative or a dick..... but IMO its too much and reminds me more of a Christmas tree. I love some RGB but its over the top.

#8479 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Not trying to be negative or a dick..... but IMO its too much and reminds me more of a Christmas tree. I love some RGB but its over the top.

9882BA9B-45B2-40BA-BA23-3EE3727F2852 (resized).jpeg9882BA9B-45B2-40BA-BA23-3EE3727F2852 (resized).jpeg
#8480 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Attract mode. I have non-pin people tell me they could stand there all day and watch it... so it has the desired effect.

#8481 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Attract mode. I have non-pin people tell me they could stand there all day and watch it... so it has the desired effect.

It’s mesmerizing! One of the best light shows in pinball.

#8482 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Key words, non-pin people and stare..... just like a Christmas Tree

Seriously though what perpose do all the RGB light do on every insert. I have personally seen those boards go bad on occasion. I like using 555/44 bulbs . I don't mind a few RGB but overall they are not for me in a board/package form.

One color on one insert gets bad and the whole board needs to be replaced. Not for me

#8483 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

If it wasn’t for the flashers I’d leave mine in attract all the time. Wish you could turn certain features off for attract like you can in SPIKE games.

#8484 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

One color on one insert gets bad and the whole board needs to be replaced.

Totally agree with this but unfortunately that’s the future for us all, Spike2 uses boards for all inserts, I’ve seen one SMD go bad so that one insert out of 8 now can’t make the full RGB spectrum, it’s one of the reasons I haven’t been all that quick to pick up many Spike 2 games.

#8485 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Totally agree with this but unfortunately that’s the future for us all, Spike2 uses boards for all inserts, I’ve seen one SMD go bad so that one insert out of 8 now can’t make the full RGB spectrum, it’s one of the reasons I haven’t been all that quick to pick up many Spike 2 games.

I know.... I limit myself to two Spike games and two CGC games.... All the rest I keep SAM.

IMO the most robust system ever made and I was once a BW snob.

#8486 3 years ago

Ok..... back on all ST topic.

How are you guys lighting up the accent lighting behind the Stainless Steel Speaker cover.

Are you using EL paper ? If so can anyone direct me on getting started with it or other options.

#8487 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Only 3 pro's IMO that fit that bill....... ST, Tron, and Met.

Actually, the promium approach doesn’t totally make sense for any of them since Stern strips playfield features and sometimes their associated rules or even modes (Tron) from their premium or le models when making pros. Yes, you can improve the look of a pro with lots of mods but it’s never going to be what it’s imitating. Are they still fun? Of course! But in terms of gameplay you’d need to start with a game like WOZ (pre-yellow brick road) where the original “standard”, emerald city “le” and ruby red all had the exact same playfields, modes and rules to truly make one trim level like another.

#8488 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Seriously though what perpose do all the RGB light do on every insert.

Really? It allows programmers the ability to code in a lot of really cool effects that otherwise would not be able to be achieved. Being so used to playing my Pre, I find it very difficult to enjoy playing on a Pro, which seems quite dull and poorly lit in comparison.

#8489 3 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Really? It allows programmers the ability to code in a lot of really cool effects that otherwise would not be able to be achieved. Being so used to playing my Pre, I find it very difficult to enjoy playing on a Pro, which seems quite dull and poorly lit in comparison.

Then your not playing the right pro brother.

#8490 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

This Promium IMO will smoke a stock Prem. in every way in gameplay and features . The LE is a different story but would still be needing much of what I want but at over 9k investment. Toooo much for me.

Exactly my logic..
And this holds true for most Stern games. Over modding will loose money on resale, but I don't care because I keep my games for a long time and get the value out of them. Besides, I love modding big time! It's the funnest part for me.

#8491 3 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

ST pro has RGB in all the inserts. And I have noticed that the colored inserts give a better more saturated color than the clear inserts. The pro lacks the fancy color washes and effects, but it is very well lit and colorful! I enjoy my heavily modded pro just as much as the premium, but I would much rather have my mods than the stock bling of the prem for the money, and I still spent a lot less. But if I had hundred dollar bills falling out my ass, I would buy all LE's and Prem.

#8492 3 years ago

My pro with all CT non- ghosting color matched to the inserts. All GI is done in frosted. Sharp brilliant colors that are not washed out.

Still uses RGB on insignia inserts but I had to change out the two ship inserts that were boards to CT high brightness ones .

videotogif (resized).pngvideotogif (resized).png
#8493 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Then your not playing the right pro brother.

I’ve played enough of them, all modded in some way to try to make up for what is lacking but I’ve not been impressed. If I played yours I may very well think it is the best pro I’ve ever played, I don’t doubt that. Whatever floats your boat. Glad you’re enjoying your game.

#8494 3 years ago

Everybody just take a deep breath and stop acting like a bunch of Klingons

#8495 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Everybody just take a deep breath and stop acting like a bunch of Klingons

Klingons are circling Uranus as we speak!

#8496 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Klingons are circling Uranus as we speak!

Your mother has a smooth forehead!

#8497 3 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I’ve played enough of them, all modded in some way to try to make up for what is lacking but I’ve not been impressed. If I played yours I may very well think it is the best pro I’ve ever played, I don’t doubt that. Whatever floats your boat. Glad you’re enjoying your game.

Ultimately that’s the beauty of Sterns model, different trim levels for different wallets and different tastes but at the end of the day it’s all pinball so it’s all good.

And if it wasn’t for Zitt the laser feature would suck ass!!

#8498 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Ultimately that’s the beauty of Sterns model, different trim levels for different wallets and different tastes but at the end of the day it’s all pinball so it’s all good.
And if it wasn’t for zitt the laser feature would suck ass!!

This is true, including the fact that the laser definitely needs the upgrade. It’s a worthwhile mod for sure.

#8499 3 years ago

First, I love mods. I think its great to see the creativity people have and personal touches to make a pin their own, as long as it doesn't effect game play. I have been guilty in the past to adding too many mods that caused the game play to suffer. Ever been to a show or friends house and played a heavily modded pin that plays poorly? Thats when it goes too far.

#8500 3 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Ever been to a show or friends house and played a heavily modded pin that plays poorly? Thats when it goes too far.

No, what kind of mods would do this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 63.95
$ 15.00
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.95
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 85.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/170 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.