Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 216.
#8301 3 years ago

You can buy a film to put on your windows. Never used it though so not sure how effective it is.

#8302 3 years ago

Did anyone ever figure out where to get these? Marco is still out of stock..

MINI COIL AND CONNECTOR ASSEMBLY for Stern STAR TREK
#511-7510-00

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/511-7510-00

#8303 3 years ago

Can also consider putting a UV/Glare film on your windows/doors to keep the harmful rays out.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gila-36-in-x-120-in-Gray-Glare-Control-Window-Film-10389340/203807951

#8304 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

You can buy a film to put on your windows. Never used it though so not sure how effective it is.

Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Can also consider putting a UV/Glare film on your windows/doors to keep the harmful rays out.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gila-36-in-x-120-in-Gray-Glare-Control-Window-Film-10389340/203807951

Looking at this now over here on amazon thanks.

#8305 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

#511-7510-00
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/511-7510-00

Will this work? Appears to be the same, but without the wires/connector.
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-relay-coil-090-5060-01-nd.html

#8306 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Will this work? Appears to be the same, but without the wires/connector.
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-relay-coil-090-5060-01-nd.html

From what I read previously on this thread, no. Not sure if specs and diode are correct. But adding the wire/connector should be no problem.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/162#post-5410084

#8307 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

#511-7510-00

Your distributor should be able to get these once Stern begins shipping parts again.

#8308 3 years ago

So the Bally Star Trek I got last week still has this old battery in it. I know rule of thumb is to get it out of the machine but not sure when I can get around to getting a new one to put in it. Question is will the machine function if I remove it and if so proper way to do it?
Thanks for your help.

IMG_20200522_193652 (resized).jpgIMG_20200522_193652 (resized).jpg

#8309 3 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

Question is will the machine function if I remove it and if so proper way to do it?

Yes. Just no saved high scores.
The proper way is to cut it off and replace with a remote battery holder.

If you are electronically inclinded; there are proably a tutorial somewhere here on pinside.
If you aren't inclined; then I'd recommend you talk to
http://lockwhenlit.com/products.htm
for No-Solder Remote Battery Holder--New Options!--$7.99-$25.99
To see if he has a solution for Early Bally.

#8310 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Yes. Just no saved high scores.
The proper way is to cut it off and replace with a remote battery holder.
If you are electronically inclinded; there are proably a tutorial somewhere here on pinside.
If you aren't inclined; then I'd recommend you talk to
http://lockwhenlit.com/products.htm
for No-Solder Remote Battery Holder--New Options!--$7.99-$25.99
To see if he has a solution for Early Bally.

Thank you!

#8311 3 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

So the Bally Star Trek I got last week still has this old battery in it. I know rule of thumb is to get it out of the machine but not sure when I can get around to getting a new one to put in it. Question is will the machine function if I remove it and if so proper way to do it?
Thanks for your help.
[quoted image]

Good info on remote battery install here.
https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bally/Stern

#8312 3 years ago

Zitt's mods are so awesome. Even the little vengeance ship nacelles mod is impressive. Thank you.

20200524_121804 (resized).jpg20200524_121804 (resized).jpg
#8313 3 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Zitt's mods are so awesome. Even the little vengeance ship nacelles mod is impressive. Thank you.
[quoted image]

Completely agree my LE has every one of Zitts mods!

I’ve even got his GI dimmer fitted but I’m unable to program it currently.

#8314 3 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Man I have been lazy about selling this. Full Aurich Translite set $220 usd including shipping to anywhere in US and Canada

Thanks again jesper! Looks great!

F734083E-2805-4C33-BFEE-9CC73219FF8C (resized).jpegF734083E-2805-4C33-BFEE-9CC73219FF8C (resized).jpeg
#8315 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’ve even got his GI dimmer fitted but I’m unable to program it currently.

Sorry meant to reply earlier.

Please read the manual. The design has two variable resistors which would allow you to manually adjust KMB GI (when laser is on).
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/modifications-bolt-on-mods-star-trek-gi-dimmer-p-41.html
If you haven't programmed it; you should have the ability to set R14 for your desired brightness for KMB.
See PP13; first paragraph for the description of default functionality.

This should allow you to use the board until you figure out the programming computer.

#8316 3 years ago

I have plastics which leftover after restoration. If somebody need something let me know. Not all on this picture

D1CC33F4-2FE9-4C33-B084-F63560B51E85 (resized).jpegD1CC33F4-2FE9-4C33-B084-F63560B51E85 (resized).jpeg

#8317 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Sorry meant to reply earlier.
Please read the manual. The design has two variable resistors which would allow you to manually adjust KMB GI (when laser is on).
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/modifications-bolt-on-mods-star-trek-gi-dimmer-p-41.html
If you haven't programmed it; you should have the ability to set R14 for your desired brightness for KMB.
See PP13; first paragraph for the description of default functionality.
This should allow you to use the board until you figure out the programming computer.

Awesome thanks John I totally missed this in the instructions, I’ll check this out tomorrow and report back.

Also if anyone hasn’t already got Zitts Nebula mod grab it, it’s super subtle but looks amazing in a darkened room!

#8318 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Awesome thanks John I totally missed this in the instructions, I’ll check this out tomorrow and report back.
Also if anyone hasn’t already got Zitts Nebula mod grab it, it’s super subtle but looks amazing in a darkened room!

+1 on the Nebula Mod. But the install takes a little effort. But great instructions included.

#8319 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

To make your mod even more expensive... if you want to fly me out first class; I'll help you customize it with my personal laptop when this pandemic is under control.

I know you wouldn't do it... just messing with you.
Thanks for the nebula recommendations guys; Appreciate it.
I want to do another Kelvin run... but honestly; I doubt I'd sell enough to make it worth it. it took forever to sell the 25 I had in stock IIRC.

#8320 3 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

I have plastics which leftover after restoration. If somebody need something let me know. Not all on this picture
[quoted image]

Do you have the plastic that says ‘Light Lock’ on it ? The one that is just to the right of the spinner.

#8321 3 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

[quoted image]

I think your restoration went horribly wrong, I don't think Bluto was ever in the Star Trek movie...

#8322 3 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Do you have the plastic that says ‘Light Lock’ on it ? The one that is just to the right of the spinner.

Yes, but this plastic is cracked on the bottom

#8323 3 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

Yes, but this plastic is cracked on the bottom

Like mine then.

#8324 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

To make your mod even more expensive... if you want to fly me out first class; I'll help you customize it with my personal laptop when this pandemic is under control.
I know you wouldn't do it... just messing with you.
Thanks for the nebula recommendations guys; Appreciate it.
I want to do another Kelvin run... but honestly; I doubt I'd sell enough to make it worth it. it took forever to sell the 25 I had in stock IIRC.

If I had the dough you’d be more than welcome John, I didn’t get chance to look at it today but my plan is to take a look tomorrow on your above info/recommendations.

Nebula mod deserves recommendations absolutely love mine and I’m sure it will look even better once I mess with the dimmer board. Kelvin mod is also fantastic I have mine on the right ramp next to the flasher with your lit base - i would love a lit base for my enterprise - hint hint!

#8325 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

i would love a lit base for my enterprise

You mean the stock enterprise for the LE?
or did you add a hallmark enterprise to a non-Premium/LE in a similar spot?

#8326 3 years ago

Welcome aboard, Captain.

Now I’m a double member! ST and STTNG!

770C6AF8-511D-4639-B384-3292F4BB9B39 (resized).jpeg770C6AF8-511D-4639-B384-3292F4BB9B39 (resized).jpeg

#8327 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

You mean the stock enterprise for the LE?
or did you add a hallmark enterprise to a non-Premium/LE in a similar spot?

Replaced the stock enterprise with the hallmark. Don’t know how much it would cost to make up a base for it, or if there’s any interest other than me..? But it sure would look cool.

#8328 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Don’t know how much it would cost to make up a base for it, or if there’s any interest other than me..?

Yeah... not sure myself.
Send me a picture of how you mounted it... as mine is still stock. I have an enterprise somewhere; but never did the mod.

#8329 3 years ago

Almost officially in the club, have a deposit down, and take delivery late this weekend of a Star Trek Pro. One cosmetic problem, no backbox side graphics. If anyone has a line on the graphics or the electronic file for them, please let me know. Don't want to have to buy the whole set for just the side graphics. Can print my own if someone has the file (and no, not looking to sell them, just want for my own use). Can't wait, have wanted a Star Trek for a while now.

#8330 3 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Almost officially in the club, have a deposit down, and take delivery late this weekend of a Star Trek Pro. One cosmetic problem, no backbox side graphics. If anyone has a line on the graphics or the electronic file for them, please let me know. Don't want to have to buy the whole set for just the side graphics. Can print my own if someone has the file (and no, not looking to sell them, just want for my own use). Can't wait, have wanted a Star Trek for a while now.

Best to check with Chas at Stern, or a distributor. But more likely, Chas. The ones on my MET literally fell off the game, and I got a set directly through Stern for just the backbox.

And after you do... the prep work you do will be critical to them sticking permanently. They had had issues with glue and the surface of the side of the backbox a couple years back. So when you get the surface ready, use a green scrub pad to scuff up the surface (being appropriately careful). Then clean it with alcohol, let it dry, and then clean it again.

Finally, I used blue tape for placement. Then when I was happy I folded back the backing at the top and lightly stuck it on and made sure I was aligned correctly. Then a slow peel of the backing working your way down. I was still lightly sticking it but making sure I had no bubbles. Once fully on and placed, I fully stuck it down. Perfectly aligned and 100% stuck on there. Prep and being careful are the keys.

#8331 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Best to check with Chas at Stern, or a distributor. But more likely, Chas. The ones on my MET literally fell off the game, and I got a set directly through Stern for just the backbox.
And after you do... the prep work you do will be critical to them sticking permanently. They had had issues with glue and the surface of the side of the backbox a couple years back. So when you get the surface ready, use a green scrub pad to scuff up the surface (being appropriately careful). Then clean it with alcohol, let it dry, and then clean it again.
Finally, I used blue tape for placement. Then when I was happy I folded back the backing at the top and lightly stuck it on and made sure I was aligned correctly. Then a slow peel of the backing working your way down. I was still lightly sticking it but making sure I had no bubbles. Once fully on and placed, I fully stuck it down. Perfectly aligned and 100% stuck on there. Prep and being careful are the keys.

Dave,

Thanks, will check with Chas. btw in the sign business. When we apply vinyl the blue tape hinge method works great. But we also spray a light coating if water with just a drop or two of dish soap on the surface. Then as the vinyl rolls down from the top, use a plastic squeege (credit card works in a pinch) to work out the water and bubbles. Will research to see if this will work for these decals. Thanks again.

#8332 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Same thing happened on my MET and Chaz sent me new ones after send him pics of the peeling decals; however, I'm the original owner and the machine was under warranty at the time, but it never hurts to ask since there was know issues with this at the time this machine was built. Worst case scenario, get with your local distributor just as DaveH recommended as they will usually be your most cost effective provider.

#8333 3 years ago

One was peeling on my ST, I contacted Stern and they shrugged me off, told me to talk to a distributor. So I did, had him order one for me.

#8334 3 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

One was peeling on my ST, I contacted Stern and they shrugged me off, told me to talk to a distributor. So I did, had him order one for me.

Stern just sent a note to talk to a distributor. Sent email and they can order a set for me, $40.00 ea. Seems a little pricey. Especially if it is a known issue with the games. Might still do it, but will get the game and put it in the line up first. Might just design and print my own for fun. I'm thinking space clowns?

#8335 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Welcome aboard, Captain.
Now I’m a double member! ST and STTNG!
[quoted image]

Nice, good looking ST. When we can socialize again, if you invite me over to play ST and STNG, I will invite you to play the ST Pro that arrives this weekend. I'm on Edison near Eastern if you know where that is, and am an EG High School grad, from a long time ago.

#8336 3 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Stern just sent a note to talk to a distributor. Sent email and they can order a set for me, $40.00 ea. Seems a little pricey. Especially if it is a known issue with the games. Might still do it, but will get the game and put it in the line up first. Might just design and print my own for fun. I'm thinking space clowns?

Yup, was $40 each back when I got mine. Never installed it lol, still sitting inside the cab.

#8337 3 years ago

Yup, was $40 each back when I got mine. Never installed it lol, still sitting inside the cab.

Give you $20 for it cause its aged and old now. Lol

#8338 3 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Give you $20 for it cause its aged and old now. Lol

It's pinball related, so worth $6k now

#8339 3 years ago

It's pinball related, so worth $6k now

Only if it includes a special game mode only available with the side art package.

#8340 3 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

I had to replace one of mine not long ago. Terry at PinballLife can order the individual decals from Stern when he places his weekly order. Price was very reasonable.

Warning! The part number in the Stern manual is wrong (the pro lists the LE decal), so make sure you contact Stern for the right numbers!

#8341 3 years ago

Finally got around to fitting Zitt pop Bumper caps. Second time around for me with STLE and it just doesn’t look complete without this mod. Great stuff John.
One
E39F10E3-603B-4F80-B47B-1F4C9A23C51F (resized).jpegE39F10E3-603B-4F80-B47B-1F4C9A23C51F (resized).jpeg
Two
20560D21-815C-43C1-9258-82290A20E250 (resized).jpeg20560D21-815C-43C1-9258-82290A20E250 (resized).jpeg
Three

5589E0AA-265D-4DCA-80D2-1790216EB073 (resized).jpeg5589E0AA-265D-4DCA-80D2-1790216EB073 (resized).jpeg
#8342 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Finally got around to fitting zitt pop Bumper caps. Second time around for me with STLE and it just doesn’t look complete without this mod. Great stuff John.
One
[quoted image]
Two
[quoted image]
Three[quoted image]

Welcome back to the club mate, I recently got my LE back won’t ever let it go again!

Star Trek LE is easily Sterns best LE package and Johns pop caps are phenomenal, an absolute must have!

#8343 3 years ago

Arrived yesterday afternoon. Thank you Chris Fox for delivering and helping set up. And first game score, probably one I will never beat again.

IMG_6082 (resized).JPGIMG_6082 (resized).JPG

#8344 3 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Arrived yesterday afternoon. Thank you Chris Fox for delivering and helping set up. And first game score, probably one I will never beat again.
[quoted image]

Nice score. I don’t think my game goes that high.

#8345 3 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

[quoted image]

Welcome aboard!

#8346 3 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

[quoted image]

Welcome. Please install the glass

#8347 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Welcome. Please install the glass

Actually, glass was in. You can just see the score reflection in it at the top.

#8348 3 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Nice score. I don’t think my game goes that high.

Funny, literally first game score. Closest since is 73, next to that was 58, and this morning played 6 games before work and didn't break 20 million, and 4 of 6 were below 10. Gave me a great greeting game, then has been working to put me in my place and show who's boss.

#8349 3 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Funny, literally first game score. Closest since is 73, next to that was 58, and this morning played 6 games before work and didn't break 20 million, and 4 of 6 were below 10. Gave me a great greeting game, then has been working to put me in my place and show who's boss.

Hahaha I was much better at Stern Star Trek until I "knew how to play it", then I'd try to run strategies rather than just making shots and my scores dropped significantly.

#8350 3 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

[quoted image]

Your games are really close together in that picture. Do you really keep them that close? I’d be concerned about movement knocking the heads together and scuffing the art.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 85.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/167?hl=luckycreature and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.