Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 216.
#8151 4 years ago

RE-RUN

speaker panels

stainless steel

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/group-buy-star-trek-laser-cut-stainless-speaker-panel

if you are interested, send me a mail

tom

#8152 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

This is fairly common anytime the ball comes out of the left orbit. I've seen it on multiple machines, and mine does it too. The standup at the left-base of the orbit leans to the right just enough to catch the ball and push it to the center. I've bent it many times, but it slowly goes back to its resting position. There are brackets you can install, but I found a well timed nudge on the left side of the machine pushes the ball away from the rail so it misses the target and comes to the flipper. I've transferred that same process to my MMr, GotG, and DP....all of which can use a nudge on the orbits for predictable live-catches.

I’ve used these on Ironman as the targets lean on that game massively and these hold the targets straight.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK3

#8153 4 years ago

Bally Star Trek

Trek_new_backglass (resized).jpgTrek_new_backglass (resized).jpg
#8154 4 years ago

new speaker panels are available now

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/group-buy-star-trek-laser-cut-stainless-speaker-panel

c12f40d6b5d9a0d8f34d921d3337f04b786f3901 (resized).jpgc12f40d6b5d9a0d8f34d921d3337f04b786f3901 (resized).jpg
#8155 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’ve used these on Ironman as the targets lean on that game massively and these hold the targets straight.
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK3

Do you have any pictures of them installed. I'm having a hard time visualizing do they require new holes in under side of PF

#8156 4 years ago

I installed Zitt's Star Trek Pop Bumper Caps this week. This is a very nice mod. The packaging was the best I have seen for a mod. The instructions and pictures were very clear. I did one cap a day and chose to do the Command cap first for instant gratification. Overall it took about 4 hours for my fat fingers to complete the installation of the 3 caps.

P1020862 (resized).JPGP1020862 (resized).JPGP1020866 (resized).JPGP1020866 (resized).JPGP1020877 (resized).JPGP1020877 (resized).JPG
#8157 4 years ago

When are you doing the
vengeance mod? They were included in the screw bag.

I actually had that packaging made for my STNG popcaps… but so many were made that it became obvious I should use them for the Stern caps too.

#8158 4 years ago

I picked up a ST:TNG this weekend and I'm working thru some gremlins. Plays really well for the most part, just a few things here and there.

The right speaker was barely audible, very weak. I resoldered the BLK/YLW lead on the speaker lug that looked cold/cracked, no improvement. I then bypassed what I assume to be a filter cap in-line with the other lead, and the speaker now sounds great.

I don't see this cap on the schematic but it looks factory (this is my first time opening up a ST:TNG). Is this cap truly needed? I'll replace it if so....
IMG_7784.jpgIMG_7784.jpg

#8159 4 years ago

The laser in my ST pre is working but does not have the effect showing the “dots” over the pf. The laser is in a straight line. The motor works. Can’t figure out how to make the effects over the pf. Any ideas?

#8160 4 years ago

there is a prizm diffuser that is threaded onto the end of laser. my diffuser is chrome and was friction fit into the nylon pulley. possibly this diffuser fell off or lens came out

#8161 4 years ago

I had to make a small wrap of tape around the prizm and press back into the pulley on mine.

#8162 4 years ago

Thank you, I will check that out.

#8163 4 years ago

Back in the club, brought back my STLE that I brought NIB.

#8164 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

When are you doing the

vengeance mod?

When I get some plastic glue.

#8165 4 years ago

Anyone else installed a full set of cliffys on their Stern ST? Where does this part below go? Thanks

BBC9FF08-E66A-4DE6-B063-00B66375C664 (resized).jpegBBC9FF08-E66A-4DE6-B063-00B66375C664 (resized).jpeg
#8166 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone else installed a full set of cliffys on their Stern ST? Where does this part below go? Thanks

It is the right side shooter eject and goes below the rail guard.

Snap A4 (resized).jpgSnap A4 (resized).jpgSnap A5 (resized).jpgSnap A5 (resized).jpgSnap A3 (resized).jpgSnap A3 (resized).jpg
#8167 4 years ago

Awesome thanks, wanted to check as it wasn’t lining up with the shooter lane using the screw hole provided, it fits perfectly moved up but it’s then only being held in by the wooden outer shooter lane rail.

#8168 4 years ago

Just installed the complete set on my ST Premium last week. See picture for what the shooter lane looks like.

There's at least 3 versions of that right side shooter lane protector. The one you have is the oldest, I think. The slighly better version has the "notch" that bites into the wooden side rails. The latest version (picture from Cliffy's website) has a wider screw hole, presumably for better alignment of the bottom side of the protector.

st shooter lane (resized).jpgst shooter lane (resized).jpgStarTrek-PRO-set-001 (resized).jpgStarTrek-PRO-set-001 (resized).jpg
#8169 4 years ago
Quoted from vandergugten:

Just installed the complete set on my ST Premium last week. See picture for what the shooter lane looks like.
There's at least 3 versions of that right side shooter lane protector. The one you have is the oldest, I think. The slighly better version has the "notch" that bites into the wooden side rails. The latest version (picture from Cliffy's website) has a wider screw hole, presumably for better alignment of the bottom side of the protector.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the reply, I notice your left hand side shoot lane protector fits perfectly to the edge where mines a good 3mm off the edge, anyone else with this issue?

4AC9F06A-0E46-4195-8EF9-D6D35BE28759 (resized).jpeg4AC9F06A-0E46-4195-8EF9-D6D35BE28759 (resized).jpeg
#8170 4 years ago

Here is mine on Prem Vault

1583971917537590832518382600776 (resized).jpg1583971917537590832518382600776 (resized).jpg
#8171 4 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Here is mine on Prem Vault[quoted image]

Yeah your left protector is much closer to the edge/groove of the shooter lane than mine, I’ll take a look at it tomorrow. My right side protector is totally flush with the edge now I’ve used the wooden rail to clamp down on the protector and not bothered to use the screw hole provided.

#8172 4 years ago

i still have 1 in stock

c12f40d6b5d9a0d8f34d921d3337f04b786f3901 (resized).jpgc12f40d6b5d9a0d8f34d921d3337f04b786f3901 (resized).jpg
#8173 4 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

i still have 1 in stock

I received my speaker panel today. It was very nicely packaged between two pieces of flack board. The panel is very nice and is a great up grade for either Pro or Premium machines.

I'm waiting for an order of EL paper to use as part of my install.

PINBALLSUPERNOVA has a very nice U Tube video on the install of the panel, speaker lights & EL paper.

He also has some other Star Trek videos.

#8174 4 years ago

New STpremium owner - love how smooth this game shoots.

A few questions...

Is there a way to prevent the other shots from lighting up in a mode? I want the shots for the modes to be the only shots allowed for the mode. I noticed that the other shots light up after a certain time and the mode becomes “any shot will do”-ish’ - I would like to prevent this from happening. A setting that I’m overlooking perhaps?

I noticed there are factory settings for “easy” “medium” and “hard” but I can’t find an explanation of what the difference between the settings are. Just shorter timers??

TIA!

#8175 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

New STpremium owner - love how smooth this game shoots.
A few questions...
Is there a way to prevent the other shots from lighting up in a mode? I want the shots for the modes to be the only shots allowed for the mode. I noticed that the other shots light up after a certain time and the mode becomes “any shot will do”-ish’ - I would like to prevent this from happening. A setting that I’m overlooking perhaps?
I noticed there are factory settings for “easy” “medium” and “hard” but I can’t find an explanation of what the difference between the settings are. Just shorter timers??
TIA!

I think you're talking about the "Final Shot" on a mode. Each mode has a timer and set shots. Once the mode timer reaches zero in each mode, a "Final Shot" sequence is activated. All shots are active, but one is flashing (or alternating colors, I can't really remember which). That shot is worth double toward medals, I believe.

This "any shot will do" sequence should only last for one shot.

#8176 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I think you're talking about the "Final Shot" on a mode. Each mode has a timer and set shots. Once the mode timer reaches zero in each mode, a "Final Shot" sequence is activated. All shots are active, but one is flashing (or alternating colors, I can't really remember which). That shot is worth double toward medals, I believe.
This "any shot will do" sequence should only last for one shot.

I know what you mean about the Final Shot - I’m familiar with this feature.

On my machine, mode X has shots A, B, and C lit (for example). If I don’t hit shot A, B, or C in so many seconds, the other shot lights start blinking until eventually, all shot lights are blinking. And no, I’m not talking about the multi-ball where the red flashes with the mode colors.

I’ll have to check the code version.

#8177 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

On my machine, mode X has shots A, B, and C lit (for example). If I don’t hit shot A, B, or C in so many seconds, the other shot lights start blinking until eventually, all shot lights are blinking. And no, I’m not talking about the multi-ball where the red flashes with the mode colors.

Well, I can't say I've seen that. Maybe you're right, and it is settings.

#8178 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Once the mode timer reaches zero in each mode, a "Final Shot" sequence is activated. All shots are active, but one is flashing (or alternating colors, I can't really remember which).

alternating colors

#8179 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

This is normal per my experience. Not sure if it is adjustable. Playing well stops it from happening

#8180 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

This is normal per my experience. Not sure if it is adjustable. Playing well stops it from happening

Well, that’s just not going to happen.... but I do have a little time on my hands to practice.

#8181 4 years ago

I'm in!
Beamed aboard a Star Trek Pro today.
Build date is May 2016. Does that make it an original build or vault?
Is there any difference?
I like it either way.

#8182 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I'm in!
Beamed aboard a Star Trek Pro today.
Build date is May 2016. Does that make it an original build or vault?
Is there any difference?
I like it either way.

Welcome to the club! AFAIK, there is no difference between the original run and the Vault run. If you have a Vault Edition, there will be a "V" in the model number on the back of the backbox label.
IMG_5540a (resized).jpgIMG_5540a (resized).jpg

#8183 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

When are you doing the

vengeance mod? They were included in the screw bag.

I did the mod today. It is hard to take a picture but it is nice. Does anyone know where to get the Stern specific blue LED (112-5040-05)? Mine has been out for a long time

P1020879 (resized).JPGP1020879 (resized).JPG
#8184 4 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

I did the mod today. It is hard to take a picture but it is nice. Does anyone know where to get the Stern specific blue LED (112-5040-05)? Mine has been out for a long time[quoted image]

I'd bet 99% its a broken wire, and not a failure of the LED, the wiring harness is too short. Trace back from the LED through the wiring harness, it will be obvious.

#8185 4 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

I'd bet 99% its a broken wire, and not a failure of the LED,

Agreed.
However, if you think it is the LED - I'm about 80% sure any 5mm blue LED will sub into that circuit without issue.
I'd even recommend a trip to radioshack if they still existed. Amazonor Fleabay would work.

#8186 4 years ago

Edit

#8187 4 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Welcome to the club! AFAIK, there is no difference between the original run and the Vault run. If you have a Vault Edition, there will be a "V" in the model number on the back of the backbox label.

Thanks!
Looks like mine is an original build then, no "V".

#8188 4 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

I installed Zitt's Star Trek Pop Bumper Caps this week. This is a very nice mod. The packaging was the best I have seen for a mod. The instructions and pictures were very clear. I did one cap a day and chose to do the Command cap first for instant gratification. Overall it took about 4 hours for my fat fingers to complete the installation of the 3 caps.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Have you done the nebula mod along with the pops and nacelles? Well worth it IMO although it’s fairly tricky depending on your skill level.

#8189 4 years ago

I'd bet 99% its a broken wire, and not a failure of the LED

I'll bet you are right.

look for a broken wire here:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8190 4 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

I don't see this cap on the schematic but it looks factory (this is my first time opening up a ST:TNG). Is this cap truly needed? I'll replace it if so....

It is factory installed ...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8191 4 years ago

I'd bet 99% its a broken wire, and not a failure of the LED, the wiring harness is too short. Trace back from the LED through the wiring harness, it will be obvious.

Thanks everyone for your help. It is a broken wire. I have to decide whether to splice a short wire between the broken ends or a longer wire from the break to the connector.

ST Broken Wire02 (resized).JPGST Broken Wire02 (resized).JPG
#8192 4 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

Thanks everyone for your help. It is a broken wire. I have to decide whether to splice a short wire between the broken ends or a longer wire from the break to the connector.[quoted image]

Speaking from my experience in the auto industry if one wire broke there, the others are probably not far behind.
If at all possible I would replace from a point where the harness doesn't move to another point where harness is anchored.

#8193 4 years ago

I will do a small re run of the Star Trek blackout Mod when we get 10 pre-orders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9&v=IkMbqCpW0d4&feature=emb_logo

if you are interested pm ASAP

more infos here

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-le-laser-blackout-mod#post-1788919

tom

#8194 4 years ago

Laser Assembly question, both the laser and motor stopped working on my premium, I have checked all connections and fuses that i can see, is there anything else I should look at as i find it hard to believe that both the Laser and motor went at the same time? Thanks

#8195 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Thanks!
Looks like mine is an original build then, no "V".

Vaults didn't come out until may 2018. I also have a 2016 and playfield clear coat is rock solid!

#8196 4 years ago
Quoted from KellerDj:

i find it hard to believe that both the Laser and motor went at the same time?

Both are driven by same transistor on CPU board.

#8197 4 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

[quoted image]

Quality will be the difference, Stern games from 4 years ago where bulletproof, games from the last year or two are built with inferior materials and cheaper mechs. I’d always go for an older/original release over a newer vault.

#8198 4 years ago
Quoted from KellerDj:

Laser Assembly question, both the laser and motor stopped working on my premium, I have checked all connections and fuses that i can see, is there anything else I should look at as i find it hard to believe that both the Laser and motor went at the same time? Thanks

Does it work in test mode?

#8199 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Quality will be the difference, Stern games from 4 years ago where bulletproof, games from the last year or two are built with inferior materials and cheaper mechs. I’d always go for an older/original release over a newer vault.

It’s interesting... I just added a ST prem (2013) to the collection. ST plays like butter and the main thing I notice about it vs my JP prem (2019) is the ST is way quieter and the playfield is amazing - not dimple free, but really great shape. It’s like the ST was just made with better components and/or tighter tolerances.

#8200 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Does it work in test mode?

It does not both motor and laser do not activate, thats why i am thinking something up stream but not sure where

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 63.95
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Oklahoma City, OK
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/164 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.