Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
DSCN3233 (resized).JPG

There are 10,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 216.
#8101 4 years ago

I've been watching some tutorials. So the warp side ramp, does that have a lite?

#8102 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

I've been watching some tutorials. So the warp side ramp, does that have a lite?

It’s not on the playfield, it’s on a plastic above the ramp. On mine I got a cover for that (can’t remember where I bought it) that makes it a bit brighter.

#8103 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

It’s not on the playfield, it’s on a plastic above the ramp. On mine I got a cover for that (can’t remember where I bought it) that makes it a bit brighter.

Almost like it was an over sight

#8104 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Cover was from likely from Mezel Mods.
https://mezelmods.com/collections/star-trek-pinball-mods/products/star-trek-pinball-warp-ramp-light-diffuser

LED may have been from me:
http://pinball-Mods.com/url/sstWarpLED

#8105 4 years ago

Looks like something wrong with my "vengeance kick back" coil. Anybody can help me with this coil? i didn't found any information in manual about this coil. Who knows which parts i should use for fix it?
IMG_3800 (resized).jpgIMG_3800 (resized).jpg

#8107 4 years ago

Sorry did not see that you had been through the manual. I can flip through it and see if I can find it.

#8108 4 years ago

What is it doing? Looks like the plunger assembly is broken?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8109 4 years ago

Also it looks like it is stuck in the kick position. It should return to rest at the black rubber.
My suggestion would be to replace solenoid 23-800 and plunger and coil sleeve.

#8110 4 years ago

I feel like this is it. But I can not figure out why the plunger assembly is in pieces.

#8111 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Also it looks like it is stuck in the kick position. It should return to rest at the black rubber.
My suggestion would be to replace solenoid 23-800 and plunger and coil sleeve.

can you provide part number for kicker?

#8112 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I feel like this is it. But I can not figure out why the plunger assembly is in pieces.[quoted image]

looks like this coil inside vengeance.

#8113 4 years ago

https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-plunger-with-nylon-extension.html
I think this is the one you need. Marco is showing sold out. There might be another place to get it from as well.

#8114 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-plunger-with-nylon-extension.html
I think this is the one you need. Marco is showing sold out. There might be another place to get it from as well.

Thanks!

#8115 4 years ago

Get some second opinions here first though. I would hate to give bad info.

Quoted from vbobrusev:

looks like this coil inside vengeance.

The more I see it I think you are right. But it is weird how there is no print for the vengeance kick back. I have been going through the manual and cannot find one.

#8116 4 years ago

You need to call Marco on the phone, maybe call Stern first to get the part number. It should be available.

#8117 4 years ago

Based on a picture I have from my tear down, it is definitely broken. It's also stuck in the forward position, so the coil might be smoked. If it locked on, it would melt the coil sleeve and bind the plunger.

These are the only two decent pictures I have of the assembly from my tear down.

IMG_7052 (resized).JPGIMG_7052 (resized).JPG

IMG_7121 (resized).JPGIMG_7121 (resized).JPG

#8118 4 years ago

Coming back to the club with my old LE!

Cannot wait to pick it back up and get playing, missed it as soon as I sold it, won’t be leaving my home again!

#8119 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Based on a picture I have from my tear down, it is definitely broken. It's also stuck in the forward position, so the coil might be smoked. If it locked on, it would melt the coil sleeve and bind the plunger.
These are the only two decent pictures I have of the assembly from my tear down.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

How much time did it take to remove all those parts to reach the kicker?

#8120 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

IT's a handful of screws to get to the kicker.
See my install pictures of my
Stern Star_Trek capsif you're that curious - Chapter 1.

#8121 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Sorry for the late response. Unfortunately I can’t say. I was tearing down the entire topside and wasn’t specifically going after the mech.

#8122 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Sorry for the late response. Unfortunately I can’t say. I was tearing down the entire topside and wasn’t specifically going after the mech.

How far along with it are you now?

#8123 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

How far along with it are you now?

I finished that a few months ago. I just kept the pictures in case I needed them for some reason.

#8124 4 years ago

Just curious how many people prefer thier pro to the other models? Dont get me wrong, I love all the models but there is something about how the pro looks that I like. For example the arrows are color changing on LE and Premium models which distort the game play I feel. The pro has colored jewels instead.

#8125 4 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Just curious how many people prefer thier pro to the other models? Dont get me wrong, I love all the models but there is something about how the pro looks that I like. For example the arrows are color changing on LE and Premium models which distort the game play I feel. The pro has colored jewels instead.

I have a Pro, and I like it. However, I’d rate the LE over it. So LE, Pro, Premium in my book. It’s not just the inserts. The LE art package is better, and I love the emblems on the side of the head, and the siderails.

#8126 4 years ago

The premium and Le are very nice. I have a pro and love it. It’s so smooth and has held up great.

#8127 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I have a Pro, and I like it. However, I’d rate the LE over it. So LE, Pro, Premium in my book. It’s not just the inserts. The LE art package is better, and I love the emblems on the side of the head, and the siderails.

True that. I love the siderails on the LE and the Prem too.

#8128 4 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

OK, the LE is the nicest LE ever made IMO so no way I would compare a pro to that! But, my pro is modded up to be a beautiful pin. I don't miss the extra features of the premium and I did originally play the prem before the pro. I do have the Aurich art package, all of Zitt's mods, the Vengeance mods, art blades, shaker, lighted speaker grills with SF acrylics, color LCD, subwoofer, warp ramp chaser lights, undercab lighting, Cliffy's on the plastic ramps etc. And still spent much less than a prem would cost. So a pro has great potential! I do find that the color inserts on the pro have more vibrant color than the clear inserts with RGB. Keep in mind that the pro does have RGB lighting as well. It just doesn't have the fancy sweeping color fades and lighting effects that it's big brothers have. As far as game play, the only difference is the left saucer. It can more often than a Prem/LE, kick the ball directly to the right outlane. But if you're ready for it, a good nudge can usually deflect it. I view it as an extra random challenge. Nothing more. I love my pro and it's not going anywhere!!
DSCN0076 (resized).JPGDSCN0076 (resized).JPG

#8129 4 years ago

Sad they don't ship internationally... https://startrekwines.com/

#8130 4 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

Sad they don't ship internationally... https://startrekwines.com/
[quoted image]

If you really want a bottle PM me

#8131 4 years ago

They were selling it stateside about 6mo ago...
https://www.startrek.com/news/picard-wine-bordeaux-sirah?fbclid=IwAR3o14TdOeU6Mh_1GYk5kzxqVPrlfKgmygPhb6EYda57yxlMpiXCpaMa1-I

which a google search came up with this:
https://startrekwines.com/
which deeer… you posted.

I don't drink... but I'm seriously tempted. 60 per bottle seems a bit steep. I wonder if there is a distributor in Australia that carries:
"2017
Appellation: Saint – Estèphe, France"

WTF is up with those damn prices?! 60 dollars a bottle in singles. 83/bottle in a 6 case. 75/bottle in a 12case.
I guess you get the laser etched wood case … but why not just buy 12 60dollar bottles?!

#8132 4 years ago

Just listed a Star Trek Premium for sale in NC. I'd love to show it to you.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/91690

#8133 4 years ago

I should have my NIB Premium Vault delivered in the next day or two its at the trucking hub 30 min from my house now, but they are closed on Sundays. I have a few mods in mind, Green Laser Mod, probably cliffys, and whatever else I find in this thread.

#8134 4 years ago

@zitt

Thanks Zitt.

I am a STLE owner, I want my signed playfield protected. I purchased the game used, it already had some typical chipping. I wanted to update the community on your ST Mylar/Vinyl ball trough protector (ball drain area). Although I have Cliffy's, the pinball's still caused damage, so chipping still occurs in non cliffy protected areas, why we dont have a full "U" metal ball trough protector from Cliffy, which is beyond me as every game will show damage on after any prolonged use, I do have the little front straight Cliffy protector, but still offers no protection on the other unprotected remaining "L", so until then....

Now on to the Zitt ST ball trough protector -
I installed it semi wet so I could move it around to get the perfect alignment, after that I was able to use a heat gun low setting to dry and (lightly) shrink it to fit perfectly. The material is thick enough to offer some absorption to help reduce impact damage, after many games, I see no further deterioration, this is an inexpensive piece of protection until I have permanently fix it I am very satisfied with it, if the previous damage/chip wasn't already there, the Zitt protector would be undetectable.

Zitt please make more of these for other games or make a Zitt metal protector for the ball trough area.

***Picture below is with the Zitt protector installed***

STLEZittProtector (resized).JPGSTLEZittProtector (resized).JPG

#8135 4 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

this is an inexpensive piece of protection until I have permanently fix it I am very satisfied with it, if the previous damage/chip wasn't already there, the Zitt protector would be undetectable.
Zitt please make more of these for other games or make a Zitt metal protector for the ball trough area.

Great, Glad to hear it. Just incase someone is looking for this protector and doesn't want to go thru this thread its here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/154#post-5119376

I'd love to make it for other games; I just don't have access to anything with modern clear. I don't trust Stern or JJP to build a quality machine anymore. Spooky's latest title interested me... but was gone to fast.
If you want to work together on one remotely; we can try to see if it can be done.

#8136 4 years ago

Thanks for posting this, I just checked the trough on my STLE and have the same clear damage. Going to order one of these protectors from Zitt stat. Any other high wear areas to inspect on this game?

645DCF7D-A076-4A4F-B006-18CDF0C75CD0 (resized).jpeg645DCF7D-A076-4A4F-B006-18CDF0C75CD0 (resized).jpeg
#8137 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Any other high wear areas to inspect on this game?

I ordered a cliffy set for mine and installed some of them before I played more than a few games.
Def get the drop target cliffy... and the magnet cliffy. I didn't get the outhole cliffy with my kit as it was something added later.
I also installed the Shooter-Ejects cliffy because the shooter lane is the first thing you see. I ordered the whole kit; but didn't install the difficult ones like the vuk.

I put the ramp protectors on as well; as I didn't want cracked ramps.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/STStarTrek.htm

#8138 4 years ago

Searched the thread with no success so here is my question of the day.

On my premium the VUK seems to be a bit weak when kicking the ball up into the left wire ramp.
The ball kind of hops up there and doesn't ride in the formed loop.
It always makes it into the ramp though.
I searched menus for a power adjustment and didn't find it.
Im hoping I missed it any advice? Game has 50 plays on it.

#8139 4 years ago

I found it "left eject power"
factory was 28 max 32 31 seems just right for mine.

#8140 4 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

why we dont have a full "U" metal ball trough protector from Cliffy, which is beyond me as every game will show damage on after any prolonged use, I do have the little front straight Cliffy protector, but still offers no protection on the other unprotected remaining "L", so until then....

Because i havent figured out a way to make it in one piece that doesnt interfere with other parts of the trough. I am always noodling it though- believe me

#8141 4 years ago

Just requested a set of Cliffys for my premium.
Has anyone noted damaged to the left inlane from ball dropping out of ramp? Wondering if I should be proactive.
I would use one of the cliffy switch slot protectors but the ball looks to drop ahead of where the protector would be.

#8142 4 years ago

i just got a star trek pro. i had a st le. i had purchased all of the mods from zitt for this game. i knew i was gonna buy another so i had everything in stock. great products. pop bumper caps. klongon ship lighting and nebula mods. i have to go back to zitts website to see if he has some more stuff for the pro.

#8143 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i have to go back to zitts website to see if he has some more stuff for the pro.

Kelvin Stadium LEDs(although I'm getting low / may be out of brackets) and Warp Ramp LEDis all I can think of unless you want to swap out the drop targetor pop bumper bodies.

Most of the stern star trek stuff should be here:
http://pinball-mods.com/url/SternSTPMods

#8144 4 years ago

I have for sale a complete set Aurich Translite, DMD decal plus all the other under glass decals included in the original set. Never Installed still in the original box, bought it off another person that had all kinds of mods for a Star Trek he ended up never buying.

Looking for $225usd plus actual cost of shipping

PM me if Interested

Thanks,

#8145 4 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

Because i havent figured out a way to make it in one piece that doesnt interfere with other parts of the trough. I am always noodling it though- believe me

Please keep noodling... sir!

However I don't need it to be 1 piece.

#8146 4 years ago

Made one of these yesterday out of 3mm polycarbonate. Break that Star Trek !

69C877FB-E485-4937-8B13-CD287CB78A44.jpeg69C877FB-E485-4937-8B13-CD287CB78A44.jpeg
#8147 4 years ago

Anyone interested in joining a group buy for these laser cut stainless speaker panels for #star_trek for pro/premium? We need 10 people.

Pics and details at the end of this post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/group-buy-star-trek-laser-cut-stainless-speaker-panel

#8148 4 years ago
Quoted from m0nty:

Anyone interested in joining a group buy for these laser cut stainless speaker panels for Star Trek (Pro) for pro/premium? We need 10 people.

I'm interested in getting one for my Premium.

#8149 4 years ago

On my Vault Premium
When auto plunge or full plunge with left flipper held, the ball will center drain 50% of the time on it's way out of left orbit.
I've only played an original pro in the past and never noticed this. Is it normal and I'm just noticing it more since it's mine.

#8150 4 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

On my Vault Premium
When auto plunge or full plunge with left flipper held, the ball will center drain 50% of the time on it's way out of left orbit.
I've only played an original pro in the past and never noticed this. Is it normal and I'm just noticing it more since it's mine.

This is fairly common anytime the ball comes out of the left orbit. I've seen it on multiple machines, and mine does it too. The standup at the left-base of the orbit leans to the right just enough to catch the ball and push it to the center. I've bent it many times, but it slowly goes back to its resting position. There are brackets you can install, but I found a well timed nudge on the left side of the machine pushes the ball away from the rail so it misses the target and comes to the flipper. I've transferred that same process to my MMr, GotG, and DP....all of which can use a nudge on the orbits for predictable live-catches.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 64.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Spring Grove, IL
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 10.00
$ 45.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 199.95
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
$ 26.50
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing
Hardware
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, SC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/163?hl=otrchief and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.