Topic Stats

• 8,219 posts
  • 676 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Mr_Outlane
  • Topic is favorited by 307 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,446 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

New Pop Bumper Caps02 (resized).JPG
Blue Speakers (resized).JPG
Red Speakers02 (resized).JPG
ST Broken Wire02 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
P1020879 (resized).JPG
IMG_5540a (resized).jpg
c12f40d6b5d9a0d8f34d921d3337f04b786f3901 (resized).jpg
1583971917537590832518382600776 (resized).jpg
4AC9F06A-0E46-4195-8EF9-D6D35BE28759 (resized).jpeg
st shooter lane (resized).jpg
StarTrek-PRO-set-001 (resized).jpg
Snap A3 (resized).jpg

There are 8219 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 165.
#8051 79 days ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

I just replaced both coils too. Marco is the only supplier I could find.

Did you use these? https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/090-5060-01-ND

This is all I can find online that's in stock.

#8052 79 days ago
Quoted from Isjack:

Did you use these? https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/090-5060-01-ND
This is all I can find online that's in stock.

Nope. There's ones specific to Star trek, with a wire connector running right from the core of the coil. They were $29.99 each. And I'm terrified they'll become unobtainanium since they're specific to one game.

#8053 79 days ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Nope. There's ones specific to Star trek, with a wire connector running right from the core of the coil. They were $29.99 each. And I'm terrified they'll become unobtainanium since they're specific to one game.

Yea, sold out.

#8054 79 days ago
Quoted from Isjack:

Yea, sold out.

I would like to know if the other can be substituted, despite Marcos compatibility list. Anyone know if they can? Would be nice to save ten bucks per coil.

#8055 79 days ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

I would like to know if the other can be substituted, despite Marcos compatibility list. Anyone know if they can? Would be nice to save ten bucks per coil.

Might buy them and try to rebuild them. I'll post and let people know if it works out if that's the route that gets taken.

#8056 79 days ago
Quoted from Isjack:

Might buy them and try to rebuild them. I'll post and let people know if it works out if that's the route that gets taken.

I don't think it will work. It looks like the same serial number, but with the postfix ND, for no diode. The Star trek one has the postfix FC, which probably somehow stands for yes diode. But it's not obvious where a diode fits in to the coil, or what the specs are.

#8057 79 days ago

Hi! I am in club. With Stern Star Trek Premium. Maybe somebody have this two plastics for premium pinball? Mine doesnt have it.

Screenshot 2020-01-13 at 18.56.21 (resized).png
Screenshot 2020-01-13 at 18.59.40 (resized).png

Also i have question about software update. looks like i have re-imported US version. I have small IC which connected to power board, it's looks like fix or hack, i never saw it before on Stern pinballs. Sometimes its show me message "this machine will not operate in this country..." but if you turn off machine and turn on it after few minutes, everything is ok. So i wanna update my firmware but i am worry about this message, if i will update it any chance to get machine with this message forever?

#8058 79 days ago
Quoted from Isjack:

Both gates have gone out on my Stern Star Trek Pro -- looking for the following parts if anyone knows where they are online (can't find anything )
Either:
Mini Coil and Connector Assembly (511-7510-00)
Or:
Left Electric Gate 511-72507-00
Right Electric Gate 511-7506-01
Anyone have some parts lying around?

Contact Terry at Pinball Life. He's ordering my backbox side decal and a couple of odd hex posts I couldn't find. Sounds like he just adds the needed part numbers to his regular Stern orders.

#8059 77 days ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

I don't see how these could be not available since Stern just did a vault run on these machines. I would try calling Stern and see what they say.

#8060 77 days ago

Hi,
I have a STTNG. I am trying to find out how to adjust the Gun Mark micro switches on the cannons. Does anyone know exactly what their position controls or how to properly adjust them?
Thanks

#8061 77 days ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I don't see how these could be not available since Stern just did a vault run on these machines. I would try calling Stern and see what they say.

Called them and they said "call your parts distro." Emailed Terry @ PBL and he's working on it.

#8062 77 days ago
Quoted from Isjack:

Called them and they said "call your parts distro." Emailed Terry @ PBL and he's working on it.

Stern's textbook response, they don't deal with us, the little people. Learned that when I needed one sideart for my ST head.

#8063 76 days ago

That is expected and now the distro knows you called Stern. Sometimes that's what it takes for them to actually get a part. I have had that happen more than once.

#8064 72 days ago

Are there any alternate backglasses out there for the Williams Star Trek with the orginal characters?

#8065 72 days ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Are there any alternate backglasses out there for the Williams Star Trek with the orginal characters?

You mean like this one?
https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/star-trek-tng-alternate-translite-2.html

Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 2.35.45 PM (resized).png
#8066 72 days ago

And installed it looks like this.

DC6F0785-7A77-4C09-B84D-702E883C2589 (resized).jpeg
#8067 72 days ago

Yeah those are pretty cool, but I like the old characters like on the Data East machine that I just recently picked up.

59D3845D-DDD6-45E1-99E3-8143DA2BDC17 (resized).jpeg
#8068 72 days ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Yeah those are pretty cool, but I like the old characters like on the Data East machine that I just recently picked up.[quoted image]

Never seen a sttng translite with the wrong star trek characters. Although you would like it, it really makes no sense theme wise. The 2 series are unrelated. For most people it makes as much sense as putting star wars characters on a star trek pinball because they both are science fiction and have the word “star” in the title...

#8069 72 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Never seen a sttng translite with the wrong star trek characters. For most people it makes as much sense as putting star wars characters on a star trek pinball because they both are science fiction and have the word “star” in the title...

LOL!

#8070 72 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

For most people it makes as much sense as putting star wars characters on a star trek pinball because they both are science fiction and have the word “star” in the title...

You've obviously met my wife.... Every day it's a 50/50 toss-up as to whether I own a Star Trek or Star Wars pin, with the explanation "what's the difference?"!!

#8071 72 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Never seen a sttng translite with the wrong star trek characters. Although you would like it, it really makes no sense theme wise. The 2 series are unrelated. For most people it makes as much sense as putting star wars characters on a star trek pinball because they both are science fiction and have the word “star” in the title...

Yeah I guess I prefer the older characters and to me the newer characters are just fill ins for the orginal guys..

#8072 72 days ago

So I picked up a Data East Star Trek and the display is out. The guy said it use to work and just thought that it needed to warm up. Lol Is there a fuse connected to this DMD? I already reseated the ribbon cable and nothing .

#8073 71 days ago

there are several fuses... but can't direct you to a specific one.
Do you have a digital volt meter; so you can check voltages at test points? IIRC; there are only 4ish voltages to check at the display.

#8074 71 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

there are several fuses... but can't direct you to a specific one.
Do you have a digital volt meter; so you can check voltages at test points? IIRC; there are only 4ish voltages to check at the display.

Okay thanks, I'll check all the fuses this evening.

#8075 71 days ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Okay thanks, I'll check all the fuses this evening.

So is that a no on a digital volt meter and measuring the voltages?

#8076 70 days ago

Reminder to those whom have CBS All Access.
Star Trek: Picard
streams first episode on Thursday (jan 23).
No "time" had been given; Fans are saying 8pm... but no timezone given.
IF you are outside North America; it will premier of Jan 24 in Amazon Prime.

Saw something while the wife was watching "The View" today... Stewart is gonna be on that show on Thursday- I think.

#8077 70 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

IF you are outside North America; it will premier of Jan 34 in Amazon Prime.
Saw something while the wife was watching "The View" today... Stewart is gonna be on that show on Thursday- I think.

Nice, will watch it on my "Cinema " app, Thx

Also, there are 34 days in January this year?

#8078 70 days ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Nice, will watch it on my "Cinema " app, Thx

Must be the stardate system.

#8079 70 days ago

Found the 1/2 amp fuse 7 blown on the power supply this evening. Display is working but really gasing out badly on the top. So definitely going to need another one if anyone has one they want to sell.

#8080 70 days ago

Parts - Wanted
Wanted! “Looking for a working display for my Data East Star Trek. If you have one laying around and don’t need it I’ll buy it from you. PM details”
27 days ago
Richfield , MI
Wanted

#8081 70 days ago

My 128 x 16 display was very outgassed as well.
I ended up finding a nos display on RGP years ago and swapped the glass. It was probably the end of the plasma glass just about anywhere.

We should lobby colordmd ( dmod ) to get support for Data East 128x16 so we can one day see color dots for DEST in the future.

Outside of this; I think there was an LED replacement being sold somewhere... PinLED… I think... but this thread gives me pause:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/128x16-led-dmd-replacement-no-response-from-pinled

Actually; it was xpin I was thinking about; but I couldn't find a 128x16 compatible display on their site.

#8082 70 days ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

No... there are fat fingers on this keyboard.

#8083 70 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I ended up finding a nos display on RGP years ago and swapped the glass. It was probably the end of the plasma glass just about anywhere.
We should lobby colordmd ( dmod ) to get support for Data East 128x16 so we can one day see color dots for DEST in the future.
Outside of this; I think there was an LED replacement being sold somewhere...
PinLED… I think... but this thread gives me pause:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/128x16-led-dmd-replacement-no-response-from-pinled
Actually; it was xpin I was thinking about; but I couldn't find a 128x16 compatible display on their site.

Look at pinballrevolution, user Dino is assembling probably pin2dmd right now.

#8084 70 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Outside of this; I think there was an LED replacement being sold somewhere...
PinLED… I think... but this thread gives me pause:

Yeah I found a replacement but it was very expensive at around $350. I just want an original good working one.. It comes is three different colors too..

#8085 70 days ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Yeah I found a replacement but it was very expensive at around $350. I just want an original good working one.. It comes is three different colors too..

I would just bite the bullet and buy the LED one. It'll be brighter and last forever. You won't have to worry about replacing another one after it also gasses out.

The "colors" are just plastic overlays and can be swapped out to your preference. I called the guy a Boston Pinball once and he said he would send me an additional color plate if I ordered one because I couldn't decide. I ended up being able to fix my DMD, so I didn't need it. I thought it was a nice gesture though.

#8086 69 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

IF you are outside North America; it will premier of Jan 24 in Amazon Prime.

Just watched "Picard", not bad, has potential.

#8087 68 days ago

I just finished watching the premier of Star Trek: Picard on CBS All Access. CBS' business ethics aside... this was one of the best times I've had since Voyager went off the air. While I'm not happy with the subscription model of All Access... I am VERY happy to have this new series to fuel my inner Trekkie.

To celebrate this awesome new show; Now thru this weekend - I'm offering a sale on all my Star Trek pinball products.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1day-only-sale-capt-picard-day-6-16#post-5430279

#8088 68 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I just finished watching the premier of Star Trek: Picard on CBS All Access. CBS' business ethics aside... this was one of the best times I've had since Voyager went off the air. While I'm not happy with the subscription model of All Access... I am VERY happy to have this new series to fuel my inner Trekkie.
To celebrate this awesome new show; Now thru this weekend - I'm offering a sale on all my Star Trek pinball products.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1day-only-sale-capt-picard-day-6-16#post-5430279

I liked it, I definitely wouldn't pay for CBS All Access, but can't wait for the next episode. I'm curious, what time was it available on the CBS app? I noticed it on my "Cinema " app at 9am EST.

#8090 68 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Already have everything! Thanks for the awesome mods Zitt!

#8091 68 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Already have everything! Thanks for the awesome mods Zitt!

Yes agreed love my mods. Zitts mods rock and are top notch quality. My game looks sweet now.

1579902809817567797833 (resized).jpg15799027536741975706860 (resized).jpg
#8092 67 days ago

Many thanks to pinstein for this translite, looks great!

39779591df8b1d7adec7bbca03fe9d8f8b7be6f9 (resized).jpg
#8093 67 days ago
Quoted from Chappie101:

Many thanks to pinstein for this translite, looks great![quoted image]

Is that the Stern lit frame?

#8094 66 days ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Is that the Stern lit frame?

Yes it is.

#8095 66 days ago

Are there any speaker panels w artwork on them available for the Stern Star Trek Pros?

#8096 65 days ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Are there any speaker panels w artwork on them available for the Stern Star Trek Pros?

aurich did an overlay sticker for it. I’m not sure if they are still available.

#8097 65 days ago
Quoted from DaveH:

aurich did an overlay sticker for it. I’m not sure if they are still available.

They are not available - unless you find a second hand unused set. He stop making them after getting into it with Stern over it IIRC. They may have sent a C&D and he agreed to stop.

Most of the Stern mods have dried up... I haven't checked the
Comprehensive Mod List for Stern Star_Trek
for availability but feel free to let me know if you find something new.

#8098 65 days ago

I actually just bought a bunch of mods from a guy, who was collecting them for a future game he ended up never getting

I am selling a full Aurich set of translite, speaker panel decal, and all the other decals that came with it. Pm me if interested in it.

I will have a few other items upcoming once I decide which ones I want to keep and take a picture of those I want to sell

#8099 65 days ago

Got my alternate translite in. It looks so good. And the old translite went into a lit frame.

20200126_200646 (resized).jpg20200126_200556 (resized).jpg
#8100 64 days ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Got my alternate translite in. It looks so good. And the old translite went into a lit frame.[quoted image][quoted image]

I bought that same translate almost 5 years ago and I still think it looks bad ass.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 8219 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 165.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside