Topic Stats

• 8,153 posts
  • 671 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by gdonovan
  • Topic is favorited by 302 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,422 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Trek_new_backglass (resized).jpg
69C877FB-E485-4937-8B13-CD287CB78A44.jpeg
645DCF7D-A076-4A4F-B006-18CDF0C75CD0 (resized).jpeg
STLEZittProtector (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
DSCN0076 (resized).JPG
IMG_7121 (resized).JPG
IMG_7052 (resized).JPG
IMG_3800 (resized).jpg
20200126_200556 (resized).jpg
20200126_200646 (resized).jpg
39779591df8b1d7adec7bbca03fe9d8f8b7be6f9 (resized).jpg
1579902809817567797833 (resized).jpg
15799027536741975706860 (resized).jpg

There are 8153 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 164.
#8001 60 days ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Can someone please explain to me why there doesn't seem to be any really good ST topper? Even if Stern sold the one that came with the LE, that would be something. Not really impressed with the one from Laseriffic. My other pin is an MMr and I've been eyeing the new topper CGC is putting out with their updated models, which will be for sale separately. Like all their other toppers for AFMr/MBr, it is really something. I just don't want to have something like that, right next to a simple slab of acrylic. No offense to anyone who owns/likes the laseriffic or similar type toppers. I actually like some of the other games they've done.

Good question!
You would think one of worthiness would exist by now? I'm not a topper guy (only cause I'm not rich), but you are right! A better one needs to exist.

#8002 60 days ago

Any idea how to fix an issue where my drop target wants to send balls flying? No issues with it holding, but it seems the optos sometimes sees the ball a little early (when it's still over the target, or maybe when its falling back down?) and the target comes up and launches the ball.

I've tried shortening the spring (it's a blue spring), but it seemed to have made the problem worse.

#8003 60 days ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Any idea how to fix an issue where my drop target wants to send balls flying? No issues with it holding, but it seems the optos sometimes sees the ball a little early (when it's still over the target, or maybe when its falling back down?) and the target comes up and launches the ball.
I've tried shortening the spring (it's a blue spring), but it seemed to have made the problem worse.

First, don't shorten the spring as it was designed to be the length it is. I would suspect this to be an opto issue. Try reseating the connectors and ensuring that the opto units are positioned correctly and secure.

#8004 60 days ago

I have a pet peeve with ST pro. The two Enterprise inserts at the right have a different light behind them, they have a little led on a board, unlike the rest if the Enterprise inserts. You can barely tell when they're lit. Is there a replacement or upgrade to make them so the same?

IMG_20191230_193433119 (resized).jpg
#8005 60 days ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

I have a pet peeve with ST pro. The two Enterprise inserts at the right have a different light behind them, they have a little led on a board, unlike the rest if the Enterprise inserts. You can barely tell when they're lit. Is there a replacement or upgrade to make them so the same?[quoted image]

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-summary-of-fixes/page/3#post-2395315

#8007 60 days ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Awesome, thanks!!!

Cointaker may not make this board anymore, but someone probably does. Just make sure the voltage is correct!
Cheers!

#8008 57 days ago

OMG I bought a DE star trek machine because it was cheap & I'm really starting to love it!
I think it's turning me into a TREKKIE !! Spotted a Movie on the T.V & had to watch it & love it !
Now I'm even thing about getting STTNG !!
What should I do ? or Is it to late for me ? Is life never going to be the same??

#8009 57 days ago
Quoted from Andy1:

OMG I bought a DE star trek machine because it was cheap & I'm really starting to love it!
I think it's turning me into a TREKKIE !! Spotted a Movie on the T.V & had to watch it & love it !
Now I'm even thing about getting STTNG !!
What should I do ? or Is it to late for me ? Is life never going to be the same??

You have a lot of amazing Star Trek to watch. So many movies and shows, I would immediately start watching STTNG then go from there.

#8010 57 days ago
Quoted from Andy1:

No. Soon you'll be on the Star Trek Cruise with the rest of us.

#8011 57 days ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Can someone please explain to me why there doesn't seem to be any really good ST topper? Even if Stern sold the one that came with the LE, that would be something. Not really impressed with the one from Laseriffic. My other pin is an MMr and I've been eyeing the new topper CGC is putting out with their updated models, which will be for sale separately. Like all their other toppers for AFMr/MBr, it is really something. I just don't want to have something like that, right next to a simple slab of acrylic. No offense to anyone who owns/likes the laseriffic or similar type toppers. I actually like some of the other games they've done.

I don't think the Stern LE included a topper, did it? Star Trek kinda predated the $500+ topper craze, I feel like that started with KISS.

#8012 57 days ago

Just joined the club with a really nice Star Trek pro. Loving it so far.

If I use the menu option of “reset to factory defaults” will that erase all audits or just return all the game settings to factory?

Also, my game is running 1.61 code. I see the newest is 1.62 but I tried multiple times to update and it will not recognize 2 different thumb drives I tried. I’ve updated my metallica and walking dead without problem. Any tips on updating the code on Star Trek?

#8013 57 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

No. Soon you'll be on the Star Trek Cruise with the rest of us.

Wish I could afford that. They want a lot of money for a Star Trek Cruise, and I'd bring the family with so it would really cost a lot.

#8014 57 days ago
Quoted from Jakers:

If I use the menu option of “reset to factory defaults” will that erase all audits or just return all the game settings to factory?
Also, my game is running 1.61 code. I see the newest is 1.62 but I tried multiple times to update and it will not recognize 2 different thumb drives I tried. I’ve updated my metallica and walking dead without problem. Any tips on updating the code on Star Trek?

Ensure the stick is formatted to FAT32. Other tip is to use a small usb drive. Like under 4GB. A cheapo freebie from a trade show that was only a few hundred megs is what works best for my game.

#8015 57 days ago
Quoted from Andy1:

No, you're screwed now like the rest of us! You caught the disease! And there is NO cure! Resistance is futile!

#8016 57 days ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Already did! Sounds great!
Anyone know where I can get a backbox side decal (not the entire kit)? One side is coming off. For some reason, can't seem to find one on Google. Might try to reattach.

just get some spray adhesive at any hardware store or Walmart.

#8017 57 days ago
Quoted from Jakers:

use a brand new thumb drive, run into this prob quite often.

#8018 57 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Now install the movie sound track update if you haven't already. Much more epic IMO.

where do you get this upgrade?

#8019 57 days ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

just get some spray adhesive at any hardware store or Walmart.

Just heard back from Stern. They recommended rubber cement for repair. I also have the part number for the decal, so I may just order since it should be fairly easy to install (famous last words). I'll use some RapidTac to help.

#8020 57 days ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-162/page/3

Keep in mind it's for Stern.

#8021 57 days ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

OK, there are two versions for both Pro and Prem/LE. TOS stands for 'The Original Series'.

Prem/LE (without TOS theme music at end of game) http://www.mediafire.com/file/s4j67a163in7spa/Edited_with_162_movie_sounds.rar/file

Prem/LE (with TOS theme music at end of game) http://www.mediafire.com/file/39xqtqzgxtbahze/STLE_162_original_TOS.bin/file

Pro (without TOS theme music at end of game) is below. I couldn't find a link for Pro version with TOS ending theme music.

amazon.com link »
** Yes this has a download link in upper right corner of screen and is not for shopping on Amazon.

#8022 56 days ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Hopefully google doesn’t freak out at this, but, this is the movie soundtrack version with the destruction of the Vengeance music added back in. The first time I destroyed the Vengeance with the regular movie soundtrack I was disappointed. So I added it in.
This is mostly NOT my work. Whoever did the movie soundtrack work did a fantastic job. This is all their work. All I did was tweak one thing I didn’t like. The Pro version is PG-13 because I added some swear words into the tilt and match sequences. The LE version is just the Vengeance change back to the original from Stern.
Pro: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZF4UYFXvdGoo6Zh-WMmjqnbDmsUn_iZH/view?usp=sharing
LE: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M2HWDkx1gyTcLqTd0MIdbneQAy6klnus/view?usp=sharing

Added 10 months ago: Whoops. That LE version I posted is the wrong version. New one will be posted within the next day or two.

There's also this one, which I kind of prefer for the PG-13 match on my Pro.

#8023 56 days ago

Hi,
Maybe this is a silly question but I'll ask it anyway. Is there anywhere to get out lane extenders, preferably metal ones?

#8024 56 days ago
Quoted from arthurrag:

Hi,
Maybe this is a silly question but I'll ask it anyway. Is there anywhere to get out lane extenders, preferably metal ones?

This discussion group relates to 7 different Star Trek pinball machines. You need to start by specifying which one you are talking about!

#8025 56 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

This discussion group relates to 7 different Star Trek pinball machines. You need to start by specifying which one you are talking about!

Very good point, My apologies. I have a Star Trek The Next generation. I'll learn and please never hesitate to set me straight.

#8026 56 days ago
Quoted from arthurrag:

Very good point, My apologies. I have a Star Trek The Next generation. I'll learn and please never hesitate to set me straight.

Pinbits.

https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=306

#8027 56 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

This discussion group relates to 7 different Star Trek pinball machines.

Yes!
Which is totally assinine IMO!

#8028 55 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Yes!
Which is totally assinine IMO!

Not true. This started as one group to service them all... then someone started an STNG group... and then another a DEST group.
I'm not sure anyone has started a BallyST Group.
-----------------
Today I got a new garage door installed; and while moving machines (packed in PinArmor -except the ballys which don't have pinarmor which fits) - I accidentally hit my Bally ST too hard/too close and tipped it over on the head. I screamed and expected a shattered Backglass or worse. Turns out - the Pinball Gods must have been smiling on me because it managed to knock the top wood "channel" off WITHOUT shattering the Backglass.

I'll post pictures later; but right now the top wood is clamped for Gorilla Glue.

It could have been MUCH worse; I'm so glad I can fix this with some glue, paint, and wood putty.

#8029 55 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Not true. This started as one group to service them all... then someone started an STNG group... and then another a DEST group.
-----------------
Today I got a new garage door installed; and while moving machines (packed in PinArmor -except the ballys which don't have pinarmor which fits) - I accidentally hit my Bally ST too hard/too close and tipped it over on the head. I screamed and expected a shattered Backglass or worse. Turns out - the Pinball Gods must have been smiling on me because it managed to knock the top wood "channel" off WITHOUT shattering the Backglass.
I'll post pictures later; but right now the top wood is clamped for Gorilla Glue.
It could have been MUCH worse; I'm so glad I can fix this with some glue, paint, and wood putty.

What do you mean by group? All these machines are in this thread and it's a PITA at times.
I would have screamed too! It's a good start for the new year for sure!!

#8030 55 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

-----------------

Yikes!!

#8031 55 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

- I accidentally hit my Bally ST too hard/too close and tipped it over on the head.

His is the Star Trek thread, not the OMFG horror story thread. Yikes is right.

#8032 55 days ago

Thanks DaveH, They are sold out like everywhere else. I'm not sure from looking at them that they would really make much of a difference. Maybe I'm just not sure how they would exactly go on but they look pretty self explanatory.
Also trying to make an extension for my service switch on the STTNG. That way I can more easily see exactly when the display is showing with the deck raised. Just another project. Keeps me out of trouble.

#8033 55 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

On one hand I don't like having overlapping threads. On the other hand I wouldn't mind seeing a separate club thread for the Bally Star Trek. Any Bally post in this thread is buried pretty quickly.

#8034 55 days ago

It still fits! Jonathan Frakes needs a larger size for his though.....
5B7E68D6-36E0-4EB9-B0F7-BFE922B018BD (resized).jpeg

#8035 55 days ago

Repair in progress.
Top Frame damage

There was a stress fracture right above the top channel for the backglass. Rather than risk is working loose later; I decided to complete the break and glue the break together.

Clamping while the White Gorilla Glue works it magic:
Gluing top frame together
I didn't have enough clamps; so the frame is no longer square from front to back. I'll have to come back and either CNC a new frame or do some aggressive sanding to make the front to back square. For now; I'm just going to move forward with the repair as I don't want to leave the backglass "out" and risk kicking it over.

#8036 55 days ago

That sucks. So sorry that happened.

#8037 55 days ago

I just encountered what I think is a bug in ST Pro, 1.62. I finished KM1. Then I finished Destroy the Drill 2. Then there was no option to start a new mission. I finished out the game by going for vengeance, and almost finished Vengeance 3. But 3 balls, and the "start mission" lights never lit up again. Has anyone else encountered this?

#8038 54 days ago
Quoted from JimB:

It still fits! Jonathan Frakes needs a larger size for his though.....
[quoted image]

Jonathan Frakes is not a perfect human.

#8039 54 days ago

After the break had the 60minutes to glue; I proceeded to reglue the top frame onto my head. A generous helping of clamps and the affore mentioned white gorilla glue:
Clamped Frame

I let the glue cure overnight and removed the clamps. Some bondo… a sand.. and some colormatched latex paint:
Latex paint

From the front

And the game is put back into it's location in the garage-cade:
Repair Complete

The game doesn't appear to be worse for the wear. I'm having a problem with the game not detecting the start button after a couple of games... I don't think it's related to the fall; I seem to recall something about the issue at this years TPF. I haven't even begun to debug it. I'll do that later after I get the rest of my games set back up after the garage door install.

#8040 53 days ago

Really like this new alternative translite. Gives the game a more modern look.

IMG_0918 (resized).jpeg
#8041 53 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Really like this new alternative translite. Gives the game a more modern look.

That's really cool! Where did you get it from?

#8042 53 days ago
Quoted from Chappie101:

That's really cool! Where did you get it from?

eBay, seller "pugsotoys5zpt". Great seller...

#8043 52 days ago

Here is a link to that translite.
ebay.com link » Star Trek The Next Generation Pinball Alternate Translite 4 To Choose From

#8044 52 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Really like this new alternative translite. Gives the game a more modern look.[quoted image]

And you got the best one IMO!

#8045 49 days ago

I am on the verge of purchasing my first nib stern pin. I have always wanted to own a Star Trek premium since the first time I saw it. I would assume that there aren't many left. Am I making the right decision to purchase one, or is there a better pin nib since then? It will probably be the only nib purchase I will ever make.

#8046 49 days ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I am on the verge of purchasing my first nib stern pin. I have always wanted to own a Star Trek premium since the first time I saw it. I would assume that there aren't many left. Am I making the right decision to purchase one, or is there a better pin nib since then? It will probably be the only nib purchase I will ever make.

No, get it!!
I don't know about current playfield issues with these vault editions, but you can't beat these Sam systems for reliable and servicable electronics. And this is a great playing game.

#8047 49 days ago

It’s Friday, time for:

#8048 48 days ago

Does anyone know if the power supply in a Star Trek 25th same as the one in a GNR ?

Thanks for any help

#8049 46 days ago

Both gates have gone out on my Stern Star Trek Pro -- looking for the following parts if anyone knows where they are online (can't find anything )

Either:
Mini Coil and Connector Assembly (511-7510-00)

Or:
Left Electric Gate 511-72507-00
Right Electric Gate 511-7506-01

Anyone have some parts lying around?

#8050 46 days ago
Quoted from zrbrt:

Both gates have gone out on my Stern Star Trek Pro -- looking for the following parts if anyone knows where they are online (can't find anything )
Either:
Mini Coil and Connector Assembly (511-7510-00)
Or:
Left Electric Gate 511-72507-00
Right Electric Gate 511-7506-01
Anyone have some parts lying around?

I just replaced both coils too. Marco is the only supplier I could find.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 64.99
4,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 26.50
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 49.95
Playfield - Plastics
MicksPinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
$ 37.50
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bethlehem, PA
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 21.00
1,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sullivan, WI
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8153 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 164.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside