PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 217.
#751 10 years ago

Did you use clear star posts or keep the red or blue ones in? I plan on putting clears in all the pins with this mod. But curious what you did.

#752 10 years ago

Here's the un boxing video of my Star Trek LE # 012

#753 10 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Did you use clear star posts or keep the red or blue ones in? I plan on putting clears in all the pins with this mod. But curious what you did.

I changed all mine to clear purple.

#754 10 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

» YouTube video

Nice post. Aren't you the one who posted elsewhere here that you were having plunger problems due to the damage? How did that work out?

#755 10 years ago

The only damage was the scratch on the inside of the box caused by raising the playfield that the factory tried to cover up with paint or a sharpie but it's not too noticeable unless you shine a bright light on it.. The hand plunger problem seems to be a common thing on new Sterns, not sure if the plunger is too short or the spring on the outside has too much tension. You can pull it out all the way and it barely gets the ball to the top of the playfield.
stle2 017.JPGstle2 017.JPG
stle2 016.JPGstle2 016.JPG

#756 10 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

Congrats SaminVA. Glad that the torn box did not damage anything. Also great game-play video!

#757 10 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

and it barely gets the ball to the top of the playfield.

Mis aligned. Loosen the screws and reposition it. had it on tow games. Easy fix.
The scratches bother me more as I feel the factory should resand and paint and send it as close to perfect as possible.

#758 10 years ago

Woot, thanks for the validation. Right now cointaker has buy 2 get one free. http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=1413 the ones you buy are the electrical portion the same size. I ask because I cant seem to find them at pinballbulbs.com. I am concerned the raw ends will look kinda ugly and I wont be able to hide them under the sling since the lights are right by the post.
Good news is they will hide well on ST:TNG. However, not as well on Bad Cats, T2 and Shadow. They will sorta stick out and look rather ugly. I guess I could paint it black so it is hidden a bit?

IMG_4959.jpg 26 KB

Yes those really do look bad. I got the ones that the base is round and fit inside the base of the post but I can't remember who sold them and they weren't cheap either.

#759 10 years ago

I hope I didn't over do it but I just bought mirror blades, the Pinball Refinery chrome, Lit apron and the lit Klingon War Bird for my Pro all 15% off.

#760 10 years ago

The lit apron is AMAZING! How much do they run?

#761 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I hope I didn't over do it but I just bought mirror blades, the Pinball Refinery chrome, Lit apron and the lit Klingon War Bird for my Pro all 15% off.

I did over do it. For my Star Trek Pro I bought the following:

Star Trek armor set with Laser Cut lit siderails in Candy Blue Powder
Custom Star Trek apron with lighting effects in Candy Blue Powder
El panel lighting for ST armor
Powder coated slide support rails
Powder lockbar in Candy Blue and fireplate in silver
Chrome flipper buttons and flipper bats
Klingon ship with flasher effects
Polished Chrome Leg bolts with nylon washers
Mission Start Scoop lighting
Pinball Refinery backbox
Cliffy Shooter protector
Misc felt, shooter film, etc
Numbered plaque
Star Trek Enterprise Hallmark mod

All from Pinball Refinery, all awesome!

#762 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I did over do it. For my Star Trek Pro I bought the following:

Star Trek armor set with Laser Cut lit siderails in Candy Blue Powder
Custom Star Trek apron with lighting effects in Candy Blue Powder
El panel lighting for ST armor
Powder coated slide support rails
Powder lockbar in Candy Blue and fireplate in silver
Chrome flipper buttons and flipper bats
Klingon ship with flasher effects
Polished Chrome Leg bolts with nylon washers
Mission Start Scoop lighting
Pinball Refinery backbox
Cliffy Shooter protector
Misc felt, shooter film, etc
Numbered plaque
Star Trek Enterprise Hallmark mod

All from Pinball Refinery, all awesome!

If you gunna pimp it, pimp it good well done sir

Question: Did Stern:ST Pro come with a shaker motor?

#763 10 years ago

Question: Did Stern:ST Pro come with a shaker motor?

No the LE did. But the very first thing I did was install a shaker in it! I still can't believe you don't like this game. Have some more time on it, I'm sure it will grow on you. When I first played it I was cursing the heavens for getting rid of my STTNG for it, but after several games I couldn't get off of it. And make sure you watch the Bowen tutorial before playing and play with software version 1.3.

#764 10 years ago

Bowen tutorial:

#765 10 years ago

burn.jpgburn.jpg

Well this is what $60 smells like when you burn it lol. Supose to be the new board for the track lights in ST25th to "prevent burning" Well the windows and doors are open and the house still smells like burnt sulfur. I think I will just use the EL wire and screw the track lighting board.

#766 10 years ago

No the LE did. But the very first thing I did was install a shaker in it! I still can't believe you don't like this game. Have some more time on it, I'm sure it will grow on you. When I first played it I was cursing the heavens for getting rid of my STTNG for it, but after several games I couldn't get off of it. And make sure you watch the Bowen tutorial before playing and play with software version 1.3.

I REALLY REALLY wanted to like it. It was going to be my first NIB. I just cant get over the Bevel & emboss. ST:TNG is still a better game. But,... one day maybe I will pick up a second hand pro. If I do that, I would like to re-screen the PF with new art. lol Or make a decal that would cover the bottom section with something less Bevel & Emboss. Honestly, if it wasn't for that I would have bought one.

Thanks for the PAPA tutorial. I LOVE watching these. And I do admit the gameplay is nice. Its like a skinny TNG on crack. Fast game. This week I will head over to the bar and play it again. "noticed ST25th is next to him

#767 10 years ago

Installed shaker in STPRO last night and putting in the lighted speaker inserts tonight.

#768 10 years ago

I have been thinking on putting the lighted speaker inserts in too. Pic's please when you have them in. Also where did you get then from?

#769 10 years ago
Quoted from Crashnburn:

I have been thinking on putting the lighted speaker inserts in too. Pic's please when you have them in. Also where did you get then from?

Ditto.

#770 10 years ago

Great addition for your game room. You can also set it to Red Alert for a security system in case someone breaks into your room at night lol.

http://www.amazon.com/ThinkGeek-Star-Trek-Electronic-Chime/dp/B007QSYPE6/ref=sr_1_1

41bw5lhW8IL.jpg41bw5lhW8IL.jpg Swooshes each time you walk in the door.

#771 10 years ago

for the sttng guys...... more to come.

#772 10 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

for the sttng guys...... more to come.

Are you putting this in STTMG as a mod?

#773 10 years ago

Yep

#774 10 years ago

I have a really cool Borg cube idea

#775 10 years ago

Awesome!!!!!! Where do you plan on putting the Lcars display?

#776 10 years ago

In the apron on a larger screen

#777 10 years ago

Awesome idea. Cant wait to see it.

#778 10 years ago
Quoted from Crashnburn:

just google pinball IMG_0851.JPGIMG_0851.JPGspeaker lights
IMG_0850.JPGIMG_0850.JPGIMG_0852.JPGIMG_0852.JPG

#779 10 years ago

And BTW, I had a couple airballs come right at my face. Thought they were gonna come right through the glass! Looking at the two "guard posts" to the right of warp ramp, I noticed the right one had no rubber on it. Thought it might have bean missed at the factory. So I pulled the glass and found the rubber stuck behind the post. Now we all know that those little post rubbers go on TIGHT. I looked at the one that came off, and the underside looked like someone took a dremel to it--all frayed and cracked. Top part looked OK. Looked around and found two others in identical condition. My only guess is that these have been sitting around in back stock for quite some time. They appear to be kind of dry and really flexible. I would suggest everyone look at theirs, and should I alert Stern to this?

#780 10 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

» YouTube video

I cannot get the music out of my head! Ho

#781 10 years ago

I got a chance to meet Patrick Stewart many years ago (around 10, I think).

A couple of years ago he sat next to my (then) girlfriend on a flight from Reno to Oakland. He had been skiing in Tahoe and was going to a Star Trek Convention somewhere in the Bay Area that weekend.

She came home and asked the name of the guy "who sat in the captain's chair".

After I figured out who it was I asked if she spoke to him and if so, what did they talk about.

She said he talked to her, made small talk asked what she did, etc.

She also said he was reading some sci-fi book and expect him to be taller...

Robert

#782 10 years ago

I actually sat in the Captain's chair on the set of Enterprise. I don't have that picture on my iPad, but these will give you an idea.

If anyone is interested, the shuttle craft was actually across the hall from the gym (or armory, depending on the week).

These pictures are from 2002. I didn't sit in the Captain's chair until 2004. Never understood why they had so much trouble finding the Xindi - their command council chamber was right behind an airlock door!

image-875.jpgimage-875.jpgimage-956.jpgimage-956.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#783 10 years ago

Captain Picard sings "Let it Snow!"

enjoy:

#784 10 years ago
Quoted from Mycal:

enjoy:

Thanks for sharing this

#785 10 years ago

I have a Borg cube hallmark ornament and want to switch the light to green. Anyone know the best way to take one of these things apart without wrecking it?

#786 10 years ago

Well, I am going to play ST Pro at the pub after work. Bringing the lady, I will post her review. She doesn't have an artistic bone in her body so the Bevel & Emboss wont bother her. I am excited to see her reaction and hear her opinion. She also loves Star Trek.

#787 10 years ago

Well, I am going to play ST Pro at the pub after work. Bringing the lady, I will post her review. She doesn't have an artistic bone in her body so the Bevel & Emboss wont bother her. I am excited to see her reaction and hear her opinion. She also loves Star Trek.

Just ignore the Bevel & Emboss and give us your review on gameplay alone as well as hers.

#788 10 years ago

Haha, I will do my best to ignore the Bevel & Emboss this time. Should be at the pub in about an hour. Will post later tonight after I have had too many beers. haha

#789 10 years ago
Quoted from smokey_789:

just google pinball speaker lights

IMG_0851.JPG 136 KB

IMG_0850.JPG 171 KB

IMG_0852.JPG 165 KB

Those speaker lights look awesome! I have a set on their way in the mail.
What do you think looks better, the lights just a solid blue all the time or cycling through the colours??

#790 10 years ago

Haha, I will do my best to ignore the Bevel & Emboss this time. Should be at the pub in about an hour. Will post later tonight after I have had too many beers. haha

Watch the Bowen tutorial before you go so you know what to shoot for

#791 10 years ago
Quoted from Mycal:

enjoy:
» YouTube video

Best xmas theme ever. I wish we could add this to the STTNG sounds somehow. Darn eproms! "Shut up Wesley!", classic.

#792 10 years ago

Watch the Bowen tutorial before you go so you know what to shoot for

Just got back.... Drunk as predicted

So "her" review We first started with Attack From Mars. And she killed it with almost 3 billion. The girl has crazy "random" skill while shy when she scores big. Her first observation of Star Trek Pro.... was, it was colorful/bright like most modern pins she has seen. But wished it had more mechanical components like AFM and Cirqus Voltaire or cannons or something. After showing her she can select a mission like TNG but also "see" the targets that you need to hit via the selection. She "really" liked that, it gave her a chance to pick her challenge and see what it involves. She also really liked that the bumpers are almost the same as TNG but that the ball only comes from one direction and not (2). This gave her a predictable path I guess, she enjoyed that more. She liked how smooth ramps felt. "Or maybe that was me saying how I liked how smooth they felt,"They are REALLY SMOOTH" She commented the left pocket was just like T2 but less rewarding and the center ship/shot was not very rewarding compared to AFM, T2 or X-Men. She asked after locking it many times, why do I hit this? For a moment the bar was calm enough where we could hear the sound/music and we enjoyed the game more. However we had to cut the game short because a band was setting up. Overall, she rather I buy other pins than this. Sorry guys, she did not like the pin.

My review is short. I think its TNG on crack in a good way, its a very fast game which I enjoyed that aspect. A sort of combo of TNG + T2 without canons but over all it feels like something is missing. We seem to only enjoy games from 1978-2000+- maybe Simpsons "one of" the last games by Stern that we seem to enjoy. Based on the theme alone we really wanted to own this pin, but doesn't look like it will ever happen. I by no means hate the machine. It has some very nice qualities but it just doesn't seem to rub us the right way.

Post edited by Jean-Luc-Picard : Now sober, so tried to make this readable.

#793 10 years ago

you guys are crazy!

#794 10 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

you guys are crazy!

images-1-342.jpegimages-1-342.jpeg
#795 10 years ago

Post edited by Jean-Luc-Picard : drunk posting

#796 10 years ago

Holly Crap I am hung over!!!!

#797 10 years ago

I love my ST pro, but I think I love it a little more now that it has a TOS Romulan Bird-of-Prey installed.

WP_000278.jpgWP_000278.jpg

My first mod! Woooot.

#798 10 years ago
Quoted from Ilthuain:

I love my ST pro, but I think I love it a little more now that it has a TOS Romulan Bird-of-Prey installed.

Nice that looks really cool. Is that from the new line of ships that are out now? Same ships you get if you subscribe to the Star trek Magazine.

Edit: nope just checked. lol

These are the ships I was talking about. Also can buy them from Comic Book stores. I belive they are the same scale. http://www.startrek-starships.com/usa/index.asp

#799 10 years ago

Nice that looks really cool. Is that from the new line of ships that are out now?

Nah, it's an ornament. I pulled the hanging loop out of the top and drilled through the wing.

#800 10 years ago
Quoted from Ilthuain:

Nah, it's an ornament. I pulled the hanging loop out of the top and drilled through the wing.

cool, I did not know they made a TOS Romulan Bird-of-prey ornament. I like how it is tilted like its making a sharp turn.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 217.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.