PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 217.
#7851 4 years ago

Any members have this plastic intact I can buy? Original left over after you got a CPR set, perhaps? Would also be interested in original bald woman plastics.

Thanks
RCIMG_20191106_195328064 (resized).jpgIMG_20191106_195328064 (resized).jpg

#7852 4 years ago

Gotta give a shoutout here for beatmaster Bob - a great guy with a great product. I’ve got one of his vengeance mods. At some point it stopped working. Spurred by discussions of the mod in this thread, I decided to reach out to him and ask for some help diagnosing the issue. Background: I didn’t buy this from him or install it. It came pre-installed by the previous owner of my machine. I wasn’t even sure it was Bob’s mod (since, regrettably, there are knockoffs available), but was pretty sure because the original owner was an early adopter of nearly every high quality mod out there. Turns out it is an early beatmaster vengeance mod. It had been installed in such a way that the wire pulled completely off the light ring and fell back into the cabinet, but I didn’t know this since I had no idea how the thing worked.

Bob was kind enough to answer my numerous e-mails, guide me to the problem and explain the solution. Very generous customer service to someone who technically wasn’t even his customer. I’m happy to report that soldering the wires back on and routing/securing the wires better was a simple job that resulted in a fully repaired vengeance awesomeness.

Thank you, beatmaster! (And if you don’t have his vengeance mod, treat yourself to one!)

#7853 4 years ago

Anyone got a good used right sling plastic I could buy? Shoot me a PM please.

D7A05FF4-EFDF-4AAC-9B1D-79893F1E9431 (resized).jpegD7A05FF4-EFDF-4AAC-9B1D-79893F1E9431 (resized).jpeg

#7854 4 years ago

Shameless plug for a great product and company.

I've installed the backbox and sub woofer amps and speakers in my AC/DC and Stern Star Trek. I can't say enough good things about how well they sound and vast improvement over the stock setup. The closest stock set up would be TNA. If you've ever had the chance to play that pin, you know how immersive that sound system is. I've always thought the sound effects on Star Trek are the best of any pin made and these amps take it to an entirely new level.

I recently got my Star Trek back from a short term swap with a friend and damaged the backbox amp. The power cord to the amp got tangled in the cabinet and stress fractured the female plug on the amp when I folded the head down. Totally and completely 100% my fault. Better cable management on my part would've prevented this from ever happening. Mistake made and lesson learned.

I reached out to Dan to see if he had a spare female connector he could sell me or point me in the direction of where I could find one.

His response and level of customer support went way above and beyond anything I would ever expect or dream of receiving. I asked for an inch and he insisted on providing me a mile.

I'm back up and running again and a lifetime fan of @pinwoofer, their products and company.

Long story short; buy with confidence, the product is amazing and the customer support is off the charts.

#7855 4 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

Shameless plug for a great product and company.

Great to know!
I have been enjoying my Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle as well. Spooky pins have awesome audio! And I also bought a subwoofer for the floor under my ST pro. Improved audio systems are a huge improvement and a must have upgrade IMO if you really love a game! ..

#7856 4 years ago

Has anyone had the problem where the flippers die and the game thinks the ball has drained in the middle of gameplay? This happened twice over the course of 4 games last night. I’m going to start trouble shooting the problem tonight, but I wanted to see if anyone has had the same problem and what they did to fix it. Thank you in advance for any help.

#7857 4 years ago
Quoted from Spagano314:

Has anyone had the problem where the flippers die and the game thinks the ball has drained in the middle of gameplay? This happened twice over the course of 4 games last night. I’m going to start trouble shooting the problem tonight, but I wanted to see if anyone has had the same problem and what they did to fix it. Thank you in advance for any help.

I reseated my trough opto connectors and it has been fine since.

#7858 4 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Well I’m back in again. Missed this one a lot so am happy it’s returned home. Agree with others sentiments that this is one of Sterns best LEs. So naturally I have to mod it out like my others. zitt awesome must have pop Bumper caps are in transit as we speak. Tilt topper, artblades, Custom shooter rod, ColourDMD, @beatmasters light up shooter housing and vengeance mod all fitted. White Titans fitted throughout just to finish it off. Such a beautiful game.......now to remember how to play it!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome back and an LE too, damn nice. How about my blue Leg Lights to go with beatmasters blue shooter light up?

#7859 4 years ago

Checking in as well. Got a NIB show special. After hearing all the fuss about clear issues this one seems to have none of it. Then again build date was Feb 2019 so maybe it had time to harden....

First pin too. Super excited.
AC5E7CBC-D218-47C2-8627-E0092C58D00D (resized).jpegAC5E7CBC-D218-47C2-8627-E0092C58D00D (resized).jpeg

#7860 4 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Checking in as well. Got a NIB show special. After hearing all the fuss about clear issues this one seems to have none of it. Then again build date was Feb 2019 so maybe it had time to harden....
First pin too. Super excited.
[quoted image]

Great first pin. Multiball is intense!

#7861 4 years ago

Is there a way to turn off flashers during attract? I tried in “flash lamp power” to off in settings but I think that setting doesn’t do anything.

#7862 4 years ago

Just joined with an immaculate Pro. Love how quick the game is.
IMG_20191109_1329137 (resized).jpgIMG_20191109_1329137 (resized).jpg

#7863 4 years ago

We are two friends living in Thailand and we are pationnated by pinball machine. Problem : not that much machine here.
We found a playfield of Star Trek: The Next Generation ; the project is to transform "this" into a working machine.

What are your thoughts ?Is it possible ? What would be the time and budget ?
IMG_2678 (resized).jpgIMG_2678 (resized).jpgIMG_2705(1) (resized).jpgIMG_2705(1) (resized).jpg

#7864 4 years ago
Quoted from matbkk:

We are two friends living in Thailand and by pinball machine. Problem : not that much machine here.
We found a plafield of Star Trek: The Next Generation and the project is to transform this into a working machine.
What are your thoughts ?Is it possible ? What would be the time and budget ?[quoted image][quoted image]

Anything is possible with enough time and money. If it's actually worth it though is up to you. I'm guessing that you might not actually save any money but the experience would likely be valuable. Plus it's always great to bring a game back to life.

I would start by taking an inventory of everything you have and need. I'm not that familiar with the game so maybe someone here can chime in if any of the parts are unobtanium.

#7865 4 years ago

Anyone with a shaker in a Stern Star Trek Pro? Trying to figure out whether I should put one in my pro, or into my Metallica Pro, or is it not worth it for either?

#7866 4 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

Anyone with a shaker in a Stern Star Trek Pro? Trying to figure out whether I should put one in my pro, or into my Metallica Pro, or is it not worth it for either?

I can't speak for Metallica (don't have one), but I put a shaker in my ST Pro Vault the week after I got the pin....well worth it and I'd rather not play without it now. Very immersive.

#7867 4 years ago
Quoted from matbkk:

What are your thoughts ?Is it possible ? What would be the time and budget ?

First...I'm not going to be a pessimist and am only providing information here.

Even if the playfield was complete and operational, this would take considerable cash and effort. There isn't enough pictures for me to tell what all is missing, but from the limited image below the playfield, at a minimum you are missing:

1) The entire solenoid harness and all coils...this coils are obtainable (21 coils) but the harness is a machine specific part that you will have to build. (no estimated cost)
2) the entire left cannon assembly.
3) the eddy sensor boards and sensors
4) the motor interface boards

A new cabinet with all the artwork can be purchased for $2100 ( this does not include the speaker panel, speakers, powerbox, buttons, flipper mechs, coin door interface board, coindoor, backglass, lockdown bar, or any other hardware)
A new set of boards for the backbox is going to run you around $1000
The new STTNG translite is no longer obtainable but you might find a used one for $100
A new transformer ... good luck. estimate $350 if you can find one.

You are likely over $5000 just to replace missing parts on a machine that can be found in working condition for $3500-$4500.

#7868 4 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

Hell Yes!
I love mine.. Can't imagine not having it!

#7869 4 years ago
Quoted from matbkk:

What are your thoughts ?Is it possible ?

For me the experience would be stressful and frustrating! And I like to work on pins! I completely restored an F-14 with repro playfield etc. But that wasn't missing shit loads of parts. You would learn a lot. But it might also turn you off for life! This might be a good project for someone with past experience and money to burn, but not a beginner IMO (if you're a beginner that is).

#7870 4 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

I have shakers in lots of my pins and ST pro is one of them. It is great in ST! Well worth it.

#7871 4 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

Guess I'm the outlier here... I installed the Stern shaker in my Premium and it was fine but I didn't feel like it made the game or anything. If I had it to do over I'd probably pass.

#7872 4 years ago

Thanks all for your response. I will start by making an inventory and will keep you posted.

#7873 4 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

I own both games. I picked Star Trek for the shaker. I don't feel like MET really needed one.

#7874 4 years ago

I love a shaky Trek!

#7875 4 years ago

Could still use this piece in my earlier post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/158#post-5293634

Would also like to grab used left sling and the 2 right side pieces that show the bald lady if anyone has used ones intact.

I found and purchased a much nicer playfield today. Just missing some paint in the standard middle area and at the kick out hole. This should be easily touched up and won't have that sever paint flaking issue.

#7876 4 years ago

Has anybody repaired these wires?

Any advise on how to do it and make sure it doesn't happen again?

Thanks!

BobC

3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
#7877 4 years ago

Sold my ST pro a while back to find my JP premium. Received a set of full cliffys for ST pro I forgot I ordered lol. PM if interested.

#7878 4 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

With vibration, the stranded/solid wire break from fatigue... The best choice is,
1) Put enough wire around the separate item.. { like a curly cue }
-- in order to withstand the vibration movement.
2)The old EM way... use wire braiding {solder wick } with a fabric sleeve.
-- it is very flexible but is not used anymore in today's style games.
Good luck.

#7879 4 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Not yet, but I need to...Removing the ship looked like a difficult task so I kicked that can down the road.

#7880 4 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Thanks!
BobC[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Repair the wires, move them through the ship and zip tie them to the ship and a solid thick part of the cable. Even looks better

IMG_20191117_224155 (resized).jpgIMG_20191117_224155 (resized).jpg
#7881 4 years ago

My friend said he wasn’t able to get the ship apart.
Apparently some of the screws/bolts won’t budge.
We got the light working, but I think down the road we will have to do it again.
Any advice on insanely stuck screws and bolts?

Thanks!

BobC

#7882 4 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

My friend said he wasn’t able to get the ship apart.
Apparently some of the screws/bolts won’t budge.
We got the light working, but I think down the road we will have to do it again.
Any advice on insanely stuck screws and bolts?
Thanks!
BobC

The manual calls for locktite on all screws on the Vengeance ship. Use a new, proper sized screwdriver and be careful.

#7883 4 years ago

Note: use a solder iron to heat-up the hardware... if Locktite is used.
Carefully work the hardware back & forth in small increments to break the bonding.

#7884 4 years ago

Opinion? When I got my ST Pro it came with both the original and an alternate translite. Would it be weird to get one of those backlit translite frames for the original translite and hang in my cave alongside the actual pin? Or is that too much?

#7885 4 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

Opinion? When I got my ST Pro it came with both the original and an alternate translite. Would it be weird to get one of those backlit translite frames for the original translite and hang in my cave alongside the actual pin? Or is that too much?

Those are awesome, but it depends on the space.

#7886 4 years ago

I saw this mentioned earlier but never a fix. I seem to have the left black hole standup lean into the left orbit, kicking balls into a center drain. I can bend it back l but usually it’s back to draining balls soon.

Is there a better way to realign it? I looked under the play field but couldn’t figure out away to realign.

#7887 4 years ago

Does MezelMods still sell the switch stack brace?
Yes: https://mezelmods.com/collections/diy/products/stern-target-splints?variant=923513721

What I don't know is if this will work on the black hole target or not. Maybe someone can confirm. I thought the LE (which I have) had a kick target... but I'm not sure. Mine is still packed from Houston Arcade Expo or I'd check.

#7888 4 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

Would it be weird to get one of those backlit translite frames for the original translite and hang in my cave alongside the actual pin?

I did and it is signed by Steve. So you could also do that.

94097F60-4648-4109-A5FD-36CA50098CE3 (resized).jpeg94097F60-4648-4109-A5FD-36CA50098CE3 (resized).jpeg
#7889 4 years ago

Yours looks good, partially because it is quite far away from the machine. As another said, depends upon your space.

Quoted from heni1977:

I did and it is signed by Steve. So you could also do that.[quoted image]

#7890 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Does MezelMods still sell the switch stack brace?
Yes: https://mezelmods.com/collections/diy/products/stern-target-splints?variant=923513721
What I don't know is if this will work on the black hole target or not. Maybe someone can confirm. I thought the LE (which I have) had a kick target... but I'm not sure. Mine is still packed from Houston Arcade Expo or I'd check.

Stern refrences part number 500-6985-XX, which is a "Standup Target Assembly 1/2 inch Rectangular." They seem to be discontinued / out of stock everywhere. Thanks for the tip - I'll email to see if they will work. Bummer since I just placed an order with Mezel...

#7891 4 years ago

Tonight my star trek's lane lights (TREK) started staying on / flickering dimly (even when they were supposed to solve off). The GI spotlights are also flickering. Any ideas on what to check?

Edit: lock down bar was touching ground braid when closed and chewed it up a bit.

#7892 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I did and it is signed by Steve. So you could also do that.[quoted image]

Nice Leg Lights on your games.

#7893 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Tonight my star trek's lane lights (TREK) started staying on / flickering dimly (even when they were supposed to solve off). The GI spotlights are also flickering. Any ideas on what to check?

Whenevever any of my lights act up my first step is to reseat the ethernet cords that connect all the light boards. Usually does the trick.

#7894 4 years ago

My Star_Trek_merchandise is 19% off for Black Friday - must use BF2019_discount code.

#7895 4 years ago

Used the Cointaker BF code to finally get a shaker for my ST Pro and TWD Pro. LOL

#7896 4 years ago

Who makes the best, most appropriate side blades for sttng. Also need something for the back board.

Post pics!

#7897 4 years ago

Looking for a Bally Star Trek reproduction play field if anyone has a bead on one. Thanks!

#7898 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Who makes the best, most appropriate side blades for sttng. Also need something for the back board.
Post pics!

Ziit's nebula mod for the back board and I have these side blades...
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/star-trek-pro

#7899 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Ziit's nebula mod for the back board and I have these side blades...
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/star-trek-pro

The nebula board_only works for Stern Star Trek. MarsPinball asked about STNG. I think I went with the Borg theme for the backboard on STNG... but I haven't installed it yet. I'm not 100% sure where I got it - but it may have been https://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/STTNG_Page.html … but I'm thinking it was from somewhere else. Pingraffix has some matching panels:
https://www.pingraffix.com/star-trek-the-next-generation
and they are doing a BF sale right now IIRC.

#7900 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Post pics!

I also went with the Borg Backboard, that I purchased from https://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/STTNG_Page.html

Remember, as with any decal the better you prep the surface the better the end result will be.

Prep ... silky smooth;
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Finished:pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 63.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 217.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/158?hl=goodomens and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.