Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
DSCN3233 (resized).JPG

There are 10,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 216.
#7751 4 years ago

It's easy to check your optos. Just put in switch test and put a screw driver through the red beam. It should show up on the switch test. Optos are like 6 bucks at Pinball Life and opto boards are maybe 20 dollars.

#7752 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

It's easy to check your optos. Just put in switch test and put a screw driver through the red beam. It should show up on the switch test. Optos are like 6 bucks at Pinball Life and opto boards are maybe 20 dollars.

The Vengeance opto was a 2 hour repair... by somebody that knew their stuff. I didn't tackle it. Hard to access.

#7753 4 years ago

The first one is easy, the other one is difficult. I had to take out the Warp ramp and the plastics to the right of it are difficult. I think I had to remove a rivet holding two plastics together

#7754 4 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

This fixed mine.
But...
Six months ago it started again and that time it was a broken opto wire. That's a tricky repair and I paid to have it done.

I think we will replace the ledge and opto and maybe the target. Have to wait until I can get to it and give a look see.

#7755 4 years ago

This fixed mine.
But...
Six months ago it started again and that time it was a broken opto wire. That's a tricky repair and I paid to have it done.

Which opto did you replace? The one at bottom of target assembly?

1 week later
#7756 4 years ago

Planning to join the club as soon as I can find a nice HUO Premium in the Atlanta area (or within a few hours drive). I’m still reading through the thread, but is there a post in here that summarizes what to look for when buying one used? Any parts that wear out often or playfield wear areas I should keep an eye out for?

Can’t wait!

#7757 4 years ago

The ramps can crack. Check for insert ghosting and separation. There is one guy who has posted how his has held up over many plays while on route, I am sure you have seen that.

#7758 4 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

Which opto did you replace? The one at bottom of target assembly?

Both were checked, it was the wire on the one in the back. It was severed and only making occasional contact.

#7759 4 years ago

Hi,

I’m new to the club as of Saturday. I have a quick question. I have level the game perfectly side to side and have the pitch just touching the top middle black line. When the ball comes out of the kickout on the left side, it hits the top of the left pop bumper almost every time. Do I need to adjust the level or is there an easier way to fix this? My machine has new clear titan rubbers on it. I don’t know if that’s an issue. Thanks for any help.

#7760 4 years ago
Quoted from Spagano314:

Hi,
I’m new to the club as of Saturday. I have a quick question. I have level the game perfectly side to side and have the pitch just touching the top middle black line. When the ball comes out of the kickout on the left side, it hits the top of the left pop bumper almost every time. Do I need to adjust the level or is there an easier way to fix this? My machine has new clear titan rubbers on it. I don’t know if that’s an issue. Thanks for any help.

I would never trust that built in level. Get yourself a digital inclinometer like this one...https://www.amazon.com/Calculated-Industries-7434-AccuMASTER-Inclinometer/dp/B0148M7P4O/ref=asc_df_B0148M7P4O/

#7761 4 years ago
Quoted from Spagano314:

Hi,

Mine does that too. I've never attempted a fix. There might be a coil adjustment in settings.

#7762 4 years ago

I have all Titan rubbers. That's not a problem for me.

#7763 4 years ago

Ok, in the next few months I'm going to be in the market for a Stern Star Trek Prem/LE. I'm wanting to go the route of the blackout mods and extra hard lasers. There seems to be multiple blackout mods with varying degrees of installation difficulty from plug and play to soldering. Is there a difference between these blackout mods or do they all do the same thing and I should just look for ease of installation?

#7764 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Ok, in the next few months I'm going to be in the market for a Stern Star Trek Prem/LE. I'm wanting to go the route of the blackout mods and extra hard lasers. There seems to be multiple blackout mods with varying degrees of installation difficulty from plug and play to soldering. Is there a difference between these blackout mods or do they all do the same thing and I should just look for ease of installation?

Mine is Plug-And-Play... and very programmable. AFAIK; there is only one other "blackout" mod on the market - which uses relays and cannot be programmed other that 0 or 100%.

#7765 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Mine is Plug-And-Play... and very programmable. AFAIK; there is only one other "blackout" mod on the market - which uses relays and cannot be programmed other that 0 or 100%.

Ah, nice. Someone told me yours required soldering work (in casual conversation.) Good to know!

#7766 4 years ago

Both were checked, it was the wire on the one in the back. It was severed and only making occasional contact.

Tracked target random dropping and resetting to a defective opto. First one on the right under the ship. Talked with Chaz at Sterns technical support and he is the one who told me the what the problem was and the part number. THANKS CHAZ!

#7767 4 years ago

Planning on selling my Star Trek Pro so taking a few mods off first.

For sale, mini LCD screen with Stern power tap connector. MicroSD card is loaded with movie scenes.

$160 shipped (USA only)

IMG_1202 (resized).jpgIMG_1202 (resized).jpgIMG_1204 (resized).jpgIMG_1204 (resized).jpgIMG_1205 (resized).jpgIMG_1205 (resized).jpg
Added over 4 years ago:

Sold

#7768 4 years ago

I have a Premium Vault and installed the Stern Factory Authorized shaker kit from Pinball life and it worked fine for a day but tonight it started running constantly. It stops/starts with the coin door switch as a high-volt device should, and it stops when I pull the brown/white wire connection on the shaker board. The transistor on the shaker board is very hot.

Any thoughts?

#7769 4 years ago

Possible closed switch, or opto out of alignment?

#7770 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

I have a Premium Vault and installed the Stern Factory Authorized shaker kit from Pinball life and it worked fine for a day but tonight it started running constantly. It stops/starts with the coin door switch as a high-volt device should, and it stops when I pull the brown/white wire connection on the shaker board. The transistor on the shaker board is very hot.
Any thoughts?

I had this problem on my Iron Maiden and it was a bad node board. That board is the number one thing that breaks on these Spike 2 games for some reason. It also has an insanely low warranty time, like 2 months or something.

#7771 4 years ago

Except that Star Trek is not a spike 2 game.

#7772 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Ha! Oops, i blacked out and thought I was on the BKSoR thread.

#7773 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

And one reason why I own one.
Not that I'll never own a Spike 2 pin but Sam is much less of a concern at this time for sure.

#7774 4 years ago

What exactly is "factory authorized "...I have the red rocket, or whatever shaker everyone bitches about...love it.

#7775 4 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

What exactly is "factory authorized "...I have the red rocket, or whatever shaker everyone bitches about...love it.

Means the same thing it does on a car! F#$k all!

#7776 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Any thoughts?

Thanks for everyone's input. I contacted Pinball Life where I purchased the kit and Scott Danesi forwarded me to Stern support where I talked with Chaz. He said that they had a bad batch of shaker boards and instructed me to check the Q1 transistor on the shaker board to see if it is a P22NE10L, which it is. He is now sending me a replacement board and a return shipping label for the bad one.

I'll report back how it goes with the new board. Here is a pic of my bad Q1 transistor:

PastedGraphic-1 (resized).jpgPastedGraphic-1 (resized).jpg

#7777 4 years ago

I have been a member for about 2 weeks. Since buying Star Trek my wife and I watched all 3 of the movies. I know this was joked about a couple pages ago, but I think it would fit the game if Sabotage played during the 4 ball multi all. They used the song in 2 of the 3 movies and I have always liked the Beastie Boys. If someone could put this together I would be willing to donate to the cause. Also, if anyone hears from Aurich about his ST translite and artwork, can you please let me know. Thanks Everyone.

#7778 4 years ago

Hey I'm back in! Picked up a STTNG last month!

STTNG (resized).jpegSTTNG (resized).jpeg

#7779 4 years ago
Quoted from Spagano314:

I have been a member for about 2 weeks. Since buying Star Trek my wife and I watched all 3 of the movies. I know this was joked about a couple pages ago, but I think it would fit the game if Sabotage played during the 4 ball multi all. They used the song in 2 of the 3 movies and I have always liked the Beastie Boys. If someone could put this together I would be willing to donate to the cause. Also, if anyone hears from Aurich about his ST translite and artwork, can you please let me know. Thanks Everyone.

So are you thinking for the vengeance multi-ball or Klingon MB? I have pinball browser and could take a look at adding it for people.

#7780 4 years ago

Hi Gang, thanks in advance for the help. Just joined the club with a pro. Sometimes the ball gets stuck just to the right of the bottom pop bumper. Game seems level when I play. Is it a common problem?

Thanks, Brian

#7781 4 years ago
Quoted from BBC:

Hi Gang, thanks in advance for the help. Just joined the club with a pro. Sometimes the ball gets stuck just to the right of the bottom pop bumper. Game seems level when I play. Is it a common problem?
Thanks, Brian

That happens to me occasionally too on my Vault Pro at home, and it's happened to me on a routed LE that I play occasionally at a local arcade. If I know the tilt is sensitive in the game and I don't nudge it free, I just wait a few seconds for the ball search function to kick in and pop it back into play.

#7782 4 years ago
Quoted from BBC:

Thanks, Brian

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-pop-bumper-ball-hang-up-fix-made-easy

#7783 4 years ago
Quoted from BBC:

Thanks, Brian

Yes. I will have to try the felt pad idea above.

#7784 4 years ago

All you have to do is unscrew it 1/2 turn

#7785 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Unscrew what?

#7786 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

yup.
I initially thought that screw was a mistake or something, but without it the ball would for sure get hung up.

#7787 4 years ago

There's a screw next to where your ball gets stuck and the pop bumper. It's been awhile, but I think it just screws into your playfield. Back it off a little until the ball doesn't get stuck anymore.

#7788 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

There's a screw next to where your ball gets stuck and the pop bumper. It's been awhile, but I think it just screws into your playfield. Back it off a little until the ball doesn't get stuck anymore.

OK. When I bought the machine used, the screw was not there. Just the hole. I put a screw there with a sleeve over it, but it came out. Going to try the felt pad idea now.

#7789 4 years ago

You don't need a sleeve. Put a 1/4 screw with a round top directly into the table

#7790 4 years ago

Make sure it's the correct size screw for the hole

#7791 4 years ago

I will try that. Thanks
About how high up is the screw normally?

#7792 4 years ago

It's the round top of the screw that prevents the ball from sticking.

1 week later
#7793 4 years ago

For those who haven't seen the secret breakout mode in STTNG:

#7794 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I haven’t been able to get that screw to move yet. Next is pulling the ramp for better access.

#7795 4 years ago

Does anyone have a link to the 1.62 custom movie soundtrack code?

#7796 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Does anyone have a link to the 1.62 custom movie soundtrack code?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-162/page/4

The link above is the thread. Look through it.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/s4j67a163in7spa/Edited_with_162_movie_sounds.rar/file

Not sure if this file is for Prem/LE or pro. Download it and see if it has an info file. You will have to unpack it before installing to usb drive. The drop box links no longer work but this link above does.

#7797 4 years ago

Need help. When I lock the ball under the ship, the drop target isn’t dropping.

I just had issues where the plastic ledge on it broke. I replaced it a few months ago.

Not sure what would cause this. Any help would be appreciated.

#7798 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Need help. When I lock the ball under the ship, the drop target isn’t dropping.
I just had issues where the plastic ledge on it broke. I replaced it a few months ago.
Not sure what would cause this. Any help would be appreciated.Check opto connectors. Also go into the coil test mode and check to see if it drops.

#7799 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/s4j67a163in7spa/Edited_with_162_movie_sounds.rar/file
Not sure if this file is for Prem/LE or pro. Download it and see if it has an info file. You will have to unpack it before installing to usb drive. The drop box links no longer work but this link above does.

This worked great. It is the premium/LE code.

Thank you.

#7800 4 years ago

I had an issue with that code that was supposed to have been fixed, which was that in multi-player games, the modes would not advance or complete properly. Can you test this and see if it works properly?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, SC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Spring Grove, IL
$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus
Lighting
$ 26.50
$ 199.95
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
There are 10,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/156?hl=otrchief and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.