Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 216.
#7601 4 years ago

How do we get a key posts section added to the club? The bulk of the tech/troubleshooting questions have been discussed ad nauseam. Would be nice if there was a quick reference to direct people to. I know I've seen it in other threads. I'd be willing to find some posts if needed.

#7602 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

How do we get a key posts section added to the club? The bulk of the tech/troubleshooting questions have been discussed ad nauseam. Would be nice if there was a quick reference to direct people to. I know I've seen it in other threads. I'd be willing to find some posts if needed.

Yes, excellent call.

#7603 4 years ago

Push in the Warp opto plugs & clean your Warp (transmit and receive) opto lenses. If this doesn't work, then replace them. They are very cheap and you can buy them at Pinballlife.com.

#7604 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys so my warp ramp is triggering like crazy . I know it’s some sort of opto something problem but can someone guide me through how to fix this ?

Everytime this happens to me; I lift the PF and wiggle the opto wires coming from the ramp to the opto board at the connectors. Goes away for months.

#7605 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Everytime this happens to me; I lift the PF and wiggle the opto wires coming from the ramp to the opto board at the connectors. Goes away for months.

Are the opto boards those tiny tiny boards on either side of the warp ramp?
Thanks

#7606 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Are the opto boards those tiny tiny boards on either side of the warp ramp?
Thanks

I think he's talking about the boards they connect to on the underside of the playfield. Lift the playfield and follow the wires. Check/properly seat all of the connectors on the opto boards. If memory serves, there are at least two opto boards right near each other.

#7607 4 years ago

Ive updated the art on an alternate translite, changing the type and adding the ghosted vector lines as well as bringing up the brightness. I know some folks prefer this actor less version with the vengeance looming. Now it is new and improved.

ST  PsT 2019 (resized).jpgST PsT 2019 (resized).jpg
#7608 4 years ago

Ok I’ll ask like other newb ST pro owners , how is the colorDMD lcd v led on this one?
Have an lcd version on my MET.

Can someone point me in the direction of the thread/topic? Can’t seem to find it.

Thx!
Live long and prosper.

#7609 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Ok I’ll ask like other newb ST pro owners , how is the colorDMD lcd v led on this one?
Have an lcd version on my MET.
Can someone point me in the direction of the thread/topic? Can’t seem to find it.
Thx!
Live long and prosper.

I think one of them is easier to mount, I'd get that one. I've seen both. The LCD looks amazing but you would be happy with either.

#7610 4 years ago

After a two year journey where lots have gone before, trying tons of pins in search of the best one for my family, I finally settled on a Star Trek premium — best Father’s Day present ever! Zach Meny at Flip N Out was outstanding helping me out with my first owned pinball machine even though I am across the nation in Tacoma. We are loving the machine! I look forward to joining all of you in the Star Trek club and perusing the forum for posts on mods and upkeep. Live Long and Prosper!

E4AE891C-EB1C-47D2-8196-94732D545C80 (resized).jpegE4AE891C-EB1C-47D2-8196-94732D545C80 (resized).jpeg
#7611 4 years ago
Quoted from Kaam:

After a two year journey where lots have gone before, trying tons of pins in search of the best one for my family, I finally settled on a Star Trek premium — best Father’s Day present ever! Zach Meny at Flip N Out was outstanding helping me out with my first owned pinball machine even though I am across the nation in Tacoma. We are loving the machine! I look forward to joining all of you in the Star Trek club and perusing the forum for posts on mods and upkeep. Live Long and Prosper![quoted image]

First pin! Congratulations you’re going to love it!

It took me a while to warm up to ST but it gets better when you own it for 5 years like I have.

#7612 4 years ago

Welcome to the club and enjoy that gorgeous machine!! Star trek was my first machine and it's still around today. Here is a link of mods but not sure how up to date it still is.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-comprehensive-mod-list

My favorite installed is the beast master vengeance mod which is fantastic. Also the movie sounds game code is a must have.

Zits pop caps look great but I have never bought them.... Yet

Enjoy

#7613 4 years ago

Could anyone send me a PM with link for soundtrack premium code?

Thanks a lot.

#7614 4 years ago

Color DMD is great super easy to install.

#7615 4 years ago

For all you STNG fans... today is Captain Picard Day; I'm doing a 16% off sale
for all STNG Products.

#7616 4 years ago

I just experienced what I think is a code glitch, please let me know if that's the case or if this is normal-
I completed Prime Directive 1, then selected PD 2 but it would not finish. I got to what appeared to be the end of the mode, shot away team, and then was taken back to PD 2 as if it was never started. Finished that mode, so it would seem, only to have the same thing happen after shooting the Mission select hole and then selecting PD 2 again. As the mode timed out, all ramps and targets were off. I then shot away team again and selected Space Jump, which played normally. I attempted to complete that mode with the idea that I would then select PD 2 again, but drained on the last ball. Any ideas on this? I am running the latest stock code 1.62.

Also- Can someone explain to me how the Shields standups are supposed to work? Relighting them after having the ball get saved by the outlane plunger has no effect.

#7617 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I just experienced what I think is a code glitch, please let me know if that's the case or if this is normal-
I completed Prime Directive 1, then selected PD 2 but it would not finish. I got to what appeared to be the end of the mode, shot away team, and then was taken back to PD 2 as if it was never started. Finished that mode, so it would seem, only to have the same thing happen after shooting the Mission select hole and then selecting PD 2 again. As the mode timed out, all ramps and targets were off. I then shot away team again and selected Space Jump, which played normally. I attempted to complete that mode with the idea that I would then select PD 2 again, but drained on the last ball. Any ideas on this? I am running the latest stock code 1.62.
Also- Can someone explain to me how the Shields standups are supposed to work? Relighting them after having the ball get saved by the outlane plunger has no effect.

PD 2/3 are the same exact mode. Hit every shot once. You most likely needed the warp ramp.

Lighting the kickback a second time requires more bank completions. It's progressive. Not sure if it resets per ball or game.

#7618 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

PD 2/3 are the same exact mode. Hit every shot once. You most likely needed the warp ramp.
Lighting the kickback a second time requires more bank completions. It's progressive. Not sure if it resets per ball or game.

Interesting on the warp ramp, but if the mode was not completed, why was the select mission hole lit? Thanks for the info on the standups.

#7619 4 years ago

Mission probably timed out.

#7620 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Interesting on the warp ramp, but if the mode was not completed, why was the select mission hole lit? Thanks for the info on the standups.

zebra is right. It is on a timer and you have to start over again until it is completed.

#7621 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

zebra is right. It is on a timer and you have to start over again until it is completed.

Ahh. That could be it. I thought that it behaved as PD1 with regards to timing out. IOW, that PD 3 would be available to select at that point.

#7622 4 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-comprehensive-mod-list
My favorite installed is the beast master vengeance mod which is fantastic. Also the movie sounds game code is a must have.

beatmaster here.

thanks for the kind words.
just to let everybody know, i have another batch coming, red and blue.
if someone wants to be on the list just shoot me a pm.

thanks, bob.

#7623 4 years ago

Anyone have a shooter rod like this one they want to sell? Cointaker offered these in the past but they are no longer avail. I like the clear, round plastic/acrylic shooter rods like this one on my pins.

If you have one, PM me your price and I’ll pay shipping too.

Thank you!

E9A7D185-9AC6-4068-AC8E-A644BA210CF7 (resized).pngE9A7D185-9AC6-4068-AC8E-A644BA210CF7 (resized).png
#7624 4 years ago
Quoted from Azfalconfixer:

Joined the club today. New Final Voyage ST Pro Vault
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I finally bought a ST Pro Final Voyage machine. I am very happy with it.
My machine shows it was built June 2018. Have Stern just been sitting on old stock for a year and decided to pull the plug and stick a badge on them?
Don't get me wrong, love this machine, just thought the build date would have been newer. What was your final voyage build date?

#7625 4 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

My machine shows it was built June 2018. Have Stern just been sitting on old stock for a year and decided to pull the plug and stick a badge on them?
Don't get me wrong, love this machine, just thought the build date would have been newer. What was your final voyage build date?

that's odd, but I guess the badge thing you said. I got a premium built November 18 don't have badge on it.

#7626 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

that's odd, but I guess the badge thing you said. I got a premium built November 18 don't have badge on it.

I don't think they have stopped making premiums . I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure the badge was for the pro models only.

#7627 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

TheDarkKnight77 has been assisted.

“Did I ever tell you your my hero”
“Your everything I wished I could be”
“I can fly higher than an eagle”
“Cause you are the wind beneath my wings”

Thanks Dave! Made it to Kobayashi Maru today on medium settings! Love this game!

#7628 4 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

I joined the club this week as well. Congrats to you! My Pro Final Voyage was inspected in Feb 2019 and has a manufactured date of March 2019. The sticker of the manufactured date seems a little different, the year is '19' vs. 2019. How does yours look, same as this or different...? It has the Final Voyage plaque. I will post pictures of the inspection, mfg date and the machine later this week. Third day of ownership--best score is 155,000,000. We love the pin. Cheers!

#7629 4 years ago
Quoted from Bazzy34:

I joined the club this week as well. Congrats to you! My Pro Final Voyage was inspected in Feb 2019 and has a manufactured date of March 2019. The sticker of the manufactured date seems a little different, the year is '19' vs. 2019. How does yours look, same as this or different...? It has the Final Voyage plaque. I will post pictures of the inspection, mfg date and the machine later this week. Third day of ownership--best score is 155,000,000. We love the pin. Cheers!

Here is my sticker. I just find it odd that its a year old with a Final Voyage badge on it.

20190619_204151.jpg20190619_204151.jpg
#7630 4 years ago

Don't all vault machines have the plaque?

#7631 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

No. I'm ready to pull the trigger on a pro but I'm waiting to see if my distributor get any final voyage

#7632 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I forget what year ST Pro went into vault status, but no, the Final Voyage edition was announced a few months ago. So in my case since my machine was FV, it must have been old stock sitting in their warehouse that they unboxed, badged, then boxed again.

#7633 4 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Here is my sticker. I just find it odd that its a year old with a Final Voyage badge on it.[quoted image]

Here is a picture of my date/manufactured sticker and vault plaque. The date/manufactured sticker seems different vs. your sticker? Could anyone else who owns a Pro, or a Final Voyage Pro, please supply me with your thoughts on the sticker difference? Seems strange that Stern would change date format styles?

09C9A9EE-3DB8-4B9E-81D8-DF403941767D (resized).jpeg09C9A9EE-3DB8-4B9E-81D8-DF403941767D (resized).jpegAD78EAB5-6876-44A1-BA84-F0B8B5C1A790 (resized).pngAD78EAB5-6876-44A1-BA84-F0B8B5C1A790 (resized).png
#7634 4 years ago
Quoted from Bazzy34:

Here is a picture of my date/manufactured sticker and vault plaque. The date/manufactured sticker seems different vs. your sticker? Could anyone else who owns a Pro, or a Final Voyage Pro, please supply me with your thoughts on the sticker difference? Seems strange that Stern would change date format styles?

Here's my sticker for my Pro Vault Edition. Ordered it mid-May 2018 from my dealer and the build started on it a couple of weeks later. It was delivered to my house toward the end of June 2018. The shipping box had "Stern Vault" on it as part of the model number. The "Final Voyage" was announced in May of this year, I think.

IMG_5540.jpgIMG_5540.jpgIMG_5537.jpgIMG_5537.jpg
#7635 4 years ago
Quoted from Bazzy34:

Here is a picture of my date/manufactured sticker and vault plaque. The date/manufactured sticker seems different vs. your sticker? Could anyone else who owns a Pro, or a Final Voyage Pro, please supply me with your thoughts on the sticker difference? Seems strange that Stern would change date format styles?[quoted image][quoted image]

That pretty interesting. While I am sure Stern probably have more than 1 "dating" label machine, yours has a comma and no "20" Weird.

#7636 4 years ago

My label has ghosting.

70A2A52C-D139-458C-936D-6CDEB73B2024 (resized).jpeg70A2A52C-D139-458C-936D-6CDEB73B2024 (resized).jpeg

#7637 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I can make key posts. Just PM me links to the posts and I’d be happy to get it done!

Quoted from Kaam:

After a two year journey where lots have gone before, trying tons of pins in search of the best one for my family, I finally settled on a Star Trek premium — best Father’s Day present ever! Zach Meny at Flip N Out was outstanding helping me out with my first owned pinball machine even though I am across the nation in Tacoma. We are loving the machine! I look forward to joining all of you in the Star Trek club and perusing the forum for posts on mods and upkeep. Live Long and Prosper![quoted image]

I am happy to say I’m rejoining the club with a ST pro final voyage vault, also purchased from the amazing Zach at flip n out! Should be here next week!

Now to pick mods.

#7638 4 years ago

So I swapped out my ST 8" speaker today, for a clone of another speaker/amp system that people are installing (Sounds pretty good btw) and noticed something...My factory speaker wiring was either installed backwards, or the + - is misprinted on the factory speaker. Is this normal?

20190620_155101.jpg20190620_155101.jpgScreenshot_20190620-162458_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20190620-162458_Chrome.jpg
#7639 4 years ago

Damn Zach ZMeny is awesome. Ordered my ST Pro Final Voyage Vault late yesterday, and just got the call from the delivery company. Pin comes Monday!

#7640 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Damn Zach zmeny is awesome. Ordered my ST Pro Final Voyage Vault late yesterday, and just got the call from the delivery company. Pin comes Monday!

I heard shipping speeds have increased since Zach ZMeny has been personally showing up at the warehouse and practicing his pallet jack skills!!
52516693-2F96-489C-99E9-CAAD8A0D80F7.gif52516693-2F96-489C-99E9-CAAD8A0D80F7.gif

#7641 4 years ago

Anyone know how to get a copy of the music download for Star Trek, that Keith Elwin used on his Star Trek pinball video on YouTube? It’s awesome—southern rock. Thanks in advance.

#7642 4 years ago

Day 4 of ST ownership update—best score is 255,000,000. Warp ramps in one game 16, combos 33, Kobayashi Maru—we have completed 7 times. We have it set to 5 balls for more fun play...! Great pin! Thinking of adding the movie music to it soon—should we?

#7643 4 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

So I swapped out my ST 8" speaker today, for a clone of another speaker/amp system that people are installing (Sounds pretty good btw) and noticed something...My factory speaker wiring was either installed backwards, or the + - is misprinted on the factory speaker. Is this normal?[quoted image][quoted image]

Hey Irishbastard - you can determine your speaker terminal polarities by using a 1.5v battery as pictured. The positive "+" terminal of the battery will drive the cone outward slightly (not shown, but observe it moving away from the basket) when "+" of the battery is truly assigned to the "+" terminal of the speaker. You will need to make a circuit with both battery terminals connected to the speaker. If the cone deflects inward when you make contact on the first try, "+" and "-" are swapped. You will have to trust the schematic insofar as the header to wire color assignments.

Good times.
PolarityCheck (resized).jpgPolarityCheck (resized).jpg

#7644 4 years ago
Quoted from Bazzy34:

Thinking of adding the movie music to it soon—should we?

Yes. It’s way better (in my opinion). It gives the game the epic soundtrack it needs.

#7645 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Yes. It’s way better (in my opinion). It gives the game the epic soundtrack it needs.

I second what DaveH said. Its even better with a bass speaker and soundtrack. Just got my Final Voyage machine so I'm going to need to redo the whole thing since the last version I did was a couple of revisions back.

#7646 4 years ago

Does anyone have the premium code with the movie music that you can share?

#7647 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Does anyone have the premium code with the movie music that you can share?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-162/page/2#post-4446946

I think there is a unzipped version 2 posts down as well.

#7648 4 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Hey irishbastard - you can determine your speaker terminal polarities by using a 1.5v battery as pictured. The positive "+" terminal of the battery will drive the cone outward slightly (not shown, but observe it moving away from the basket) when "+" of the battery is truly assigned to the "+" terminal of the speaker. You will need to make a circuit with both battery terminals connected to the speaker. If the cone deflects inward when you make contact on the first try, "+" and "-" are swapped. You will have to trust the schematic insofar as the header to wire color assignments.
Good times.
[quoted image]

Yup, good ole Stern quality control, speaker wired backwards from factory.

#7649 4 years ago

Just got my ST Pro Vault final voyage, born on date of June 18, 2019! Thanks Zach from Flip N Out for the fast ship!

I too am puzzled at this speaker wiring. There are two wires going to the positive terminal on each speaker in the back box, and the negative terminals are just wired to ground (both to the same ground) with a cap between them? And it doesn’t match the schematic. My backbox speakers are significantly more quiet than the sub. The sub is providing most of the game sound.

#7650 4 years ago

f3honda4me Don’t worry you will want to upgrade that speaker system. You will be happier when you do!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 63.95
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 37.50
$ 24.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/153?hl=pinwoofer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.