Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 216.
#7551 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I enjoy your work every day on mine!

Thanks! I'm doing a few for some folks now, might have a couple extras if anyone is interested. PM me if so.

#7552 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Thanks! I'm doing a few for some folks now, might have a couple extras if anyone is interested. PM me if so.

Are you going to do another run of Shadow?

#7553 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Are you going to do another run of Shadow?

That’s happening right now. PM me.

#7554 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That’s happening right now. PM me.

I know a guy with a Shadow. I'll let him know. Thanks

#7555 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I have read many times that ST is the brightest game ever! Judging from mine, it's definitely not needed.

I bit the bullet and ordered 2 Fusion sets, one for my MMR, which really needs it. The center of that playfield is just so dark and my eyes aren't that great to boot. It's caused my play time on that machine to drop considerably, so I know that this kit is going to make a world of difference.

Now for ST, it was a toss up. I agree that the playfield is already well lit. But after watching some vids and seeing some of the extra stuff you get with the Fusion kit(Orion's Belt), it's more the interactive event lighting that I'm interested in. The lights are so customizable, and the GI lighting can be dialed way down if it ends up making it overly bright.

Will be arriving later this week and hope to have them in over the weekend.

#7556 4 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

I bit the bullet and ordered 2 Fusion sets

Cool!
Please report back with results! I admit I never owned a set and don't know anything about it. I will have to look into this.

#7557 4 years ago

Any one need a replacement DMD for a Star Trek Pro? I have a spare after replacing mine with a color DMD. Original DMD for sale on marketplace, only had 400 plays on it.

#7558 4 years ago

Joined the Star Trek club this week, finally! I've been collecting pins since 2016, but I actually first played Star Trek for the first time in early 2018. I was stunned by the flow and smoothness of the ramps. The Warp ramp is my favorite ramp shot in pinball. This pin design is tight. The shots feel great, the ship is an awesome main bash toy/enemy, and the speed and fluidity of this game is fantastic. The 3rd pin I ever bought was Spider-Man, and this game feels like they got a second shot at designing and improving SM and they just nailed it. Much less stop and go than SM, they took the 3 main ramps and made them wider and faster. I like the code, the modes are fun and the option to choose how you reach the wizard modes is very cool.

I'm hoping to add a color DMD and alternate translite soon to mine. What an awesome machine!

#7559 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Joined the Star Trek club this week, finally! I've been collecting pins since 2016, but I actually first played Star Trek for the first time in early 2018. I was stunned by the flow and smoothness of the ramps. The Warp ramp is my favorite ramp shot in pinball. This pin design is tight. The shots feel great, the ship is an awesome main bash toy/enemy, and the speed and fluidity of this game is fantastic. The 3rd pin I ever bought was Spider-Man, and this game feels like they got a second shot at designing and improving SM and they just nailed it. Much less stop and go than SM, they took the 3 main ramps and made them wider and faster. I like the code, the modes are fun and the option to choose how you reach the wizard modes is very cool.
I'm hoping to add a color DMD and alternate translite soon to mine. What an awesome machine!

It’s one of the best pins.

Some people don’t want to see all the nuts and bolts scoring details. But if you want this is a great explanation.

You can see at 2:00 mark one shot is worth almost 5M due to combo + multi color + medal points.

#7560 4 years ago

Having an itermittant problem where the warp ramp on my Stern Star Trek premium occasionally goes nuts, scoring warp after warp, sometimes hundreds of them in a row. What should I be looking at as the possible culprit? The opto sensor under the insignia partway up the ramp or something else?

#7561 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Having an itermittant problem where the warp ramp on my Stern Star Trek premium occasionally goes nuts, scoring warp after warp, sometimes hundreds of them in a row. What should I be looking at as the possible culprit? The opto sensor under the insignia partway up the ramp or something else?

Reseat the optos. Follow the wires to the boards under the playfield.

That is usually the fix. If that doesn't work there are a couple of other things to try.
- Dust on optos could be the culprit.
- Optos not aligned correctly. My chase lights slid down at one point blocking the opto.

#7562 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

That is usually the fix. If that doesn't work there are a couple of other things to try.
- Optos not aligned correctly. My chase lights slid down at one point blocking the opto.

I had the same problem. Started with the easiest fix first...canned air to remove dust. That didn't do it...re-aligned (ie just touched it) and that did it. Unfortunately I'll never be able to beat the 94 warp champion "A". I didn't want to put my initials on it as it wasn't real.

#7563 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Quoted from sethi_i:

I had the same problem. Started with the easiest fix first...canned air to remove dust. That didn't do it...re-aligned (ie just touched it) and that did it. Unfortunately I'll never be able to beat the 94 warp champion "A". I didn't want to put my initials on it as it wasn't real.

Thanks! I'll try those things tomorrow morning. I was pretty sure my eight year old didn't actually get 241 warps, then I saw the malfunction myself!

I've never realigned optos before. Is there a method to it? How can you tell when they are properly aligned?

#7564 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Thanks! I'll try those things tomorrow morning. I was pretty sure my eight year old didn't actually get 241 warps, then I saw the malfunction myself!
I've never realigned optos before. Is there a method to it? How can you tell when they are properly aligned?

One side beams light to the other. Just make sure the path is clear. Sometimes they get obstructed by dust, lights, the ramp itself.

#7565 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I'll never be able to beat the 94 warp champion

Don't be afraid to reset your high scores. It's your game.

They do reset themselves though if you play enough. Think 2000 plays is the default but not sure if it resets the warp champ or medal champ.

#7566 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Unfortunately I'll never be able to beat the 94 warp champion.

LOL! My best is 14 so far!

#7567 4 years ago

Finally had a chance to get the Pin Stadium Fusion kit installed in my Pro yesterday. I get a good amount of light in my game room during the day, so reserved final judgement until the sun went down. Before that, I was blown away. When it got dark out, I was floored. I had been playing awhile and then I decided to use the app to turn off the Pin Stadium lights. I was shocked at how dark the game looked. I used to think that ST was one of the most brightly lit games. All I saw was shadowing darkness. Turning the lights back on and it's like some kind of hyper reality. It's just so hard to put into words the difference the kit makes, especially the Fusion with the Orion's Belt built in. This is a literal game-changer.

I haven't even gotten around to putting them into my MMR, which was the real reason I even looked into the Pin Stadium lights. I also picked up some Tilt Graphics blades for it, which I still need to install first before the Pin Stadium. Wanted a second pair of hands to help out with that though, and haven't had the chance yet. So I went ahead and installed in my ST thinking that the game wouldn't really benefit as much. Boy was I wrong and now I am salivating to get them in my MMR.

I'm still kind of dumbstruck at how cool these lights are and how different it makes pinball feel. Here's my best attempt at before/after pics:

IMG_0550 (resized).jpgIMG_0550 (resized).jpgIMG_0549 (resized).jpgIMG_0549 (resized).jpg
#7568 4 years ago

Nothing against pinstadium (they just seem like a lot of money for lights) but if my playfields seem too dark I just turn up the light in my house. 2x Phillips HUE bulbs and I can even control them by speech mid play.

#7569 4 years ago

I hear what you are saying, but it is beyond just the general illumination. How it interacts with the game to enhance everything is equally amazing. First time I experienced the UV+glow effect during Vengeance modes made my jaw drop.

Yes they are expensive, but what mod for pinball isn't. I spent more on my ColorDMD and I think I'd take Pin Stadium over it. No amount of pics or videos I saw before purchasing have done them justice when seeing them in person.

I only have two pins, so I can certainly understand that if you have a large stable, the cost would be very prohibitive. Then again, if you have a lot of pins, then maybe you're doing alright enough to not care. :p

#7570 4 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Finally had a chance to get the Pin Stadium Fusion kit installed in my Pro yesterday. I get a good amount of light in my game room during the day, so reserved final judgement until the sun went down. Before that, I was blown away. When it got dark out, I was floored. I had been playing awhile and then I decided to use the app to turn off the Pin Stadium lights. I was shocked at how dark the game looked. I used to think that ST was one of the most brightly lit games. All I saw was shadowing darkness. Turning the lights back on and it's like some kind of hyper reality. It's just so hard to put into words the difference the kit makes, especially the Fusion with the Orion's Belt built in. This is a literal game-changer.
I haven't even gotten around to putting them into my MMR, which was the real reason I even looked into the Pin Stadium lights. I also picked up some Tilt Graphics blades for it, which I still need to install first before the Pin Stadium. Wanted a second pair of hands to help out with that though, and haven't had the chance yet. So I went ahead and installed in my ST thinking that the game wouldn't really benefit as much. Boy was I wrong and now I am salivating to get them in my MMR.
I'm still kind of dumbstruck at how cool these lights are and how different it makes pinball feel. Here's my best attempt at before/after pics:[quoted image][quoted image]

nice pics. I am not saying good or bad, but imo some bit of darkness is fine in a pinball machine.

#7571 4 years ago

Completed my sound system update on Star Trek.

Pinwoofer 8" sub and amplifier.
Pinwoofer backbox amplifier and Pyle 4" speakers.

This is a complete system and sounds absolutely awesome!

Star Trek already has a great soundtrack and iconic sound effects. Upgrading the speakers and amps has put this on par with Total Nuclear Annihilation. Big clear bass with crisp clean mids and highs all working in harmony to the point of making the sound a tactile part of the game.

I'm very happy with the mods.

Great web site, wonderful products and outstanding customer service from @pinwoofer.

The installations are simple, quick and clean.

I can't wait to do this all over again on AC/DC. It deserves this special treatment.

20190602_144600[1] (resized).jpg20190602_144600[1] (resized).jpg20190602_145031[1] (resized).jpg20190602_145031[1] (resized).jpg20190602_145041[1] (resized).jpg20190602_145041[1] (resized).jpg
#7572 4 years ago

I love the sound on tna. What exactly did you get and how did you install?

#7573 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I love the sound on tna. What exactly did you get and how did you install?

They set up a spot on the Pinside Marketplace: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1196-pinwoofer

I installed the 8" sub woofer kit and the backbox speaker amp on some new 4" speakers I bought.

You can Google Pinwoofer and find their web site. You'll find installation instructions there. They provide excellent customer service.

#7574 4 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

They set up a spot on the Pinside Marketplace: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1196-pinwoofer
I installed the 8" sub woofer kit and the backbox speaker amp on some new 4" speakers I bought.
You can Google Pinwoofer and find their web site. You'll find installation instructions there. They provide excellent customer service.

Hey guys. MadPole is a valued customer and thanks for the mention!

You can also hit the website at:

https://PinWoofer.com

We'll get your sound to where you want it to be - I'll see you through your install to the end!

#7575 4 years ago

Question for the hive mind. For some reason I just noticed that the combo inserts(red arrow w/ship) for the beta ramp and right orbit are a lot dimmer than the rest of them. I looked at the LED boards and didn't notice anything off. Is something wrong here, or is it just the way it is and I never really noticed. Or maybe they just got dimmer over time and I'm just now noticing it. Regardless, anything I can do to even them out/bring up the brightness? Do I need to swap boards?

#7576 4 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Question for the hive mind. For some reason I just noticed that the combo inserts(red arrow w/ship) for the beta ramp and right orbit are a lot dimme

That's normal. People have re-positioned the LED board. I think I might have also read they are 1SMD rather than the 2SMD used on other combo inserts, but I might be making that up.

#7577 4 years ago

So they don't quite line up right then? I'll have to take a closer look and see if it's worth it.

#7578 4 years ago

Help me out guys. I know I will get more bias answers asking this in a Star Trek thread, but I want honest opinions.
I have money on a preorder of Willy Wonka SE (all I can afford).
I have had ST Pro in the past and love love loved it. (sold it to pay bills etc). I want another one (Hopefully Final Voyage edition before they dry up!).
So I was watching some videos of WW and I am starting to change my mind. I'm not crazy about the main call out voice and I think Pat missed some key WW things that should have been included.
Whats holding me from canceling is I keep telling myself, the WW has nice large modern display. 2 LCDs as a matter of fact. The build quality of Jacks machines are so good. ST still has a DMD and feels dated, but the game play is fantastic. I dont even want an LE or Prem. I love the Pro. (I probably would buy a color dmd if I go with ST).
Kind of feels like either buying a new 2019 car or a replica of a 2013 car built in 2019. The pressure is on because the Final Voyage machines are limited as to how many are left and JJ said Wonka should ship in the summer.
So what do you guys think?

#7579 4 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Help me out guys. I know I will get more bias answers asking this in a Star Trek thread, but I want honest opinions.
I have had ST Pro in the past and love love loved it. (sold it to pay bills etc). I want another one (Hopefully Final Voyage edition before they dry up!).
So I was watching some videos of WW and I am starting to change my mind. I'm not crazy about the main call out voice and I think Pat missed some key WW things that should have been included.
Whats holding me from canceling is I keep telling myself, the WW has nice large modern display. 2 LCDs as a matter of fact. The build quality of Jacks machines are so good. ST still has a DMD and feels dated, but the game play is fantastic. I dont even want an LE or Prem. I love the Pro. (I probably would buy a color dmd if I go with ST).
Kind of feels like either buying a new 2019 car or a replica of a 2013 car built in 2019. The pressure is on because the Final Voyage machines are limited as to how many are left and JJ said Wonka should ship in the summer.

I used to own a Star Trek Pro and now have my eyes on Willy Wonka. I don’t think you will go wrong either way. I think Wonkas will be produced for a while, so you may want to nab a Star Trek while you can. The game has the best flow of any pin out there. The rules provide a lot of room for strategy. If you get tired of it, sell and get a Wonka.

#7580 4 years ago

Get the ST. Such a great game! I did not care for Wonka.

#7581 4 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

I tried Wonka at a show. It's okay but not great. ST is great. Get a good ST. I would NEVER buy a JJP new in box. Their games seem to be need a lot of adjusting/fixes out of the gate. I'd rather pick up any JJP used for a few less dollars, possibly with some nice mods thrown in.

#7582 4 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

I did not enjoy playing Wonka all that much. Star Trek is one of my all time favorites.

#7583 4 years ago

Agree with last few statements on trek and wonka. I was actually considering saving for Wonka Nib as well but after the show decided these titles simply run too high with too many unknowns to not wait.

We wanted a more approachable title and picked up a huo trek pro this week.
Happy with decision.

Not comparing the two at all, but people just evaluate their price/fun ratio differently.

We are having a blast and I’m in!
B99A1BDA-DD4C-4D24-98FF-F9159B444901 (resized).jpegB99A1BDA-DD4C-4D24-98FF-F9159B444901 (resized).jpeg

#7584 4 years ago

I sold my Star Trek because I tired of it. But when I play it now elsewhere I still enjoy it. It's a good package, just didn't hold my long term interest gameplay wise.

Wonka is a game I have not played, and cannot judge on the merits of the playfield. But the sound package would prevent me from ever wanting to own it. Everyone has different tastes, but find a stream and listen and be sure you're cool with the sound.

#7585 4 years ago

I sold my ST after 4 years because I was tired of it, but got one back and like it better on the second tour. I’m more involved with the code. Not sure what’s different but just my appreciation of the modes and scoring is better now.

#7586 4 years ago

After 5yrs, I still have not tired of my ST. Now that I put Pin Stadium Fusions on it, it's almost like a whole new machine. But the fact that, I've only hit EA like 2-3 times ever, and have yet to reached FYM, leaves a big 'ol carrot dangling there. I always feel challenged when I walk up to the game. Maybe it's just trying to see how many continuous warp shots I can make, or exploring some of the less frequently played Tier II+III missions.

I can't speak to WW at all as I have yet to see one in person yet. I loved the movie(seen it a million times growing up), so it definitely interests me. I don't have the luxury of room for more than my two pins, so it's not even on the mind if I'd want to own one. Either way, I'm completely biased towards ST obviously.

I don't think you could make any kind of informed decision until you actually spend a good amount of time trying them both out. Probably goes without saying for any HUO purchase, unless you have tons of room, means, and don't mind buying/selling/trading often.

#7587 4 years ago

ST hands down, Wonka just seems too kidish, and "kid multiball" too diddlerish...

Have you played Wonka? If not, I'm sorry, but I will never understand the idea of say, buying a car from pictures you see as opposed to actually putting your hands on it and taking a test drive.

#7588 4 years ago

Does anyone have Pro code with the movie theme music I could download from Dropbox??? PM me please.

#7589 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Does anyone have Pro code with the movie theme music I could download from Dropbox??? PM me please.

TheDarkKnight77 has been assisted.

#7590 4 years ago

Star Trek... If you get tired of it; sell it then use the money to buy Wonka. JJP will be selling versions of Wonka for a decade - NIB.

#7591 4 years ago

ST for sure! Can't beat the flow! Most definitely upgrade to a color LCD. Best mod there is IMO. Zitt's pop bumper caps are a close second!

#7592 4 years ago

Can someone send me a link for the Premium code with movie sound?

Also I’m having some problems with SDTM drain from behind the drop target. My pin I’d perfectly level side to side.

Thanks.

#7593 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can someone send me a link for the Premium code with movie sound?
Also I’m having some problems with SDTM drain from behind the drop target. My pin I’d perfectly level side to side.
Thanks.

The drop target is directly over the right flipper. I don't see how it can go sdtm if the playfield is level. How are you checking to see if it's level?

#7594 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

The drop target is directly over the right flipper. I don't see how it can go sdtm if the playfield is level. How are you checking to see if it's level?

I check with a level.

When the ball is released, the drop target lowers and pushes the ball up a bit before it begins to roll back down, I’m thinking maybe it’s throwing some English on the ball.

Anyway just in case I raised the left rear leg up a bit more see if that helps. FWIW the level did not appear to change any with this adjustment.

#7595 4 years ago

The drop target pushing the ball back is normal due to the shape of the target. If the playfield is level it shouldn't sdtm.

#7596 4 years ago

My ball trough wasn’t working so took a look and voila ! Now to figure out how to stop it from happening again looks like front right flasher

1C78AA52-E705-4AAE-BBFC-E2E09C5B15C8 (resized).jpeg1C78AA52-E705-4AAE-BBFC-E2E09C5B15C8 (resized).jpeg
#7597 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

My ball trough wasn’t working so took a look and voila ! Now to figure out how to stop it from happening again looks like front right flasher

See posts 6884-6889 and post 6987.

#7598 4 years ago

Stern uses hot glue.

#7599 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

My ball trough wasn’t working so took a look and voila ! Now to figure out how to stop it from happening again looks like front right flasher[quoted image]

I use a small pinch of museum putty on the base. Fixed lots of flickering GI that way as well.

#7600 4 years ago

Hey guys so my warp ramp is triggering like crazy . I know it’s some sort of opto something problem but can someone guide me through how to fix this ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 63.95
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/152 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.