PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 217.
#7451 5 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Do you know how that one differs from the one DaveH posted? Would be interested in the pro version if the differences are interesting enough.

Send/quote his links here or below, and I will check them I remember looking at them awhile back, Ive slept since then.

#7452 5 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

Send/quote his links here or below, and I will check them I remember looking at them awhile back, Ive slept since then.

I quoted them back in post #7448.

Interestingly, while on topic, I was just playing for a bit and had completed Kobayashi Maru. I haven't done it in awhile(at least not since I updated the code/music recently), since I like to mix up game play, and had been just been going vertical on missions. What I noticed is that all the background music stopped after KM was over. I went on to complete DtDII and was in KBII on the same ball, all with no music, when I finally drained. Once that happened, music came back as I continued KBII until the end of my game.

So I'm wondering if there is an issue with the game file/music that DaveH posted, or is this an actual game bug that I don't know about.

#7453 5 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

So I'm wondering if there is an issue with the game file/music that DaveH posted, or is this an actual game bug that I don't know about.

All that DaveH guy did was changed some sounds. In the Pro, specifically, when you destroy the Vengeance I liked the original Stern version of the destruction music. So I put it in. Plus some tilt sounds (TWD tilt is in most of my STERN GAMES), and some match sounds. So if you found a bug, you found a bug.

And as I said when I posted it, I didn’t do the main conversion. The people that did the 161 and 162 versions of the movie soundtrack did all the work. I just changed a few sounds.

#7454 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

All that DaveH guy did was changed some sounds. In the Pro, specifically, when you destroy the Vengeance I liked the original Stern version of the destruction music. So I put it in. Plus some tilt sounds (TWD tilt is in most of my STERN GAMES), and some match sounds. So if you found a bug, you found a bug.
And as I said when I posted it, I didn’t do the main conversion. The people that did the 161 and 162 versions of the movie soundtrack did all the work. I just changed a few sounds.

That DaveH guy, man... Thanks for the clarification and I certainly wasn't trying to assign blame if there is an issue/bug. I've been enjoying your file, and the first time I heard the "Holy $hit!" on the match, I LOL'ed.

Just trying to stay up to speed on whatever versions of the music mod there are for the Pro. The one I had before was for 1.61 and I had followed all the steps from buying the music to putting it together in Pinball Browser and baking the bin file. Was trying to avoid all that with 1.62. My understanding(?) is that there were some changes in music calls from 1.61 to 1.62 that needed to be adjusted for?

#7455 5 years ago

My stainless steel speaker panel arrived yesterday. it looks stunning and my wife even commented on how fantastic it looks. Next I'll swapping out the blue t-molding with black because the blue looks so out of place.

Hope to have my CPU board back from a friend this week so I can return to playing it (which is why it's off in the pics). I only had the ColorDMD installed for a day before the Q3 transistor blew, so the color will still be brand new to me also.

20190402_182959 (resized).jpg20190402_182959 (resized).jpg20190402_183008 (resized).jpg20190402_183008 (resized).jpg
#7456 5 years ago

I am wondering what this is. It was in the coin box of my recently acquired HOU SWP. Aftermarket 3D printed something.

IMG_20190403_110933.jpgIMG_20190403_110933.jpg
#7457 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

My stainless steel speaker panel arrived yesterday. it looks stunning and my wife even commented on how fantastic it looks. Next I'll swapping out the blue t-molding with black because the blue looks so out of place.
Hope to have my CPU board back from a friend this week so I can return to playing it (which is why it's off in the pics). I only had the ColorDMD installed for a day before the Q3 transistor blew, so the color will still be brand new to me also.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Great. Now ya gotta get the blue EL paper behind the emblems and words Star Trek.

#7458 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Great. Now ya gotta get the blue EL paper behind the emblems and words Star Trek.

Nah, I'm not into lighting the speaker grill and speakers. I don't like any glare on the play field glass and I think that'll just throw some on there

#7459 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I am wondering what this is. It was in the coin box of my recently acquired HOU SWP. Aftermarket 3D printed something.
[quoted image]

It looks like part of a shooter assembly.

#7460 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

[quoted image]

I believe that's an alternative bracket for the warp ramp so you can adjust it up and down and not left and right. I bought one and it worked pretty well to get the warp ramp return to be consistent. What worked the best was putting a strip of felt on the exit curve of the warp ramp.

#7461 5 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

On the Pro, shield: hit the standup targets to activate rescue, which is denoted by the "T" insert blinking (left outlane). This will prompt a ball to kick out into the shooter lane and auto-plunge. You will also see a message on the DMD.

My gosh I always asked myself that when I had the game (want it again).

#7462 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I believe that's an alternative bracket for the warp ramp so you can adjust it up and down and not left and right. I bought one and it worked pretty well to get the warp ramp return to be consistent. What worked the best was putting a strip of felt on the exit curve of the warp ramp.

That's interesting... Where does it mount? I can't visualize the part in place.
The warp ramp is a hard shot, but it is totally doable. I don't see how this would have any advantage.

#7463 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

That's interesting... Where does it mount? I can't visualize the part in place.
The warp ramp is a hard shot, but it is totally doable. I don't see how this would have any advantage.

If I still had my game, I would take a picture. Unfortunately, I sold it about a year ago -- it is very much missed.

I can say that it goes where the bracket is right now a little before the exit of the ramp. If you loosen the screw on the stock bracket, you can move the exit from side to side. This one allows you to move the exit up and down. It doesn't help you make the shot. It does help the consistency of the return to the upper flipper. On many of the games, this was a difficult feature to dial in as the return would wobble and not always go smoothly to the upper flipper, making it impossible to hit consecutive shots. I believe the problem, at least on mine, was the speed of the return. The ball would travel too far before gravity could bring it down causing it to hit the triangular plastic or sometimes even go down the shooter lane. Lowering the exit a bit helped. As I said, what helped me the most was adding a bit of felt to slow down the ball.

#7464 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

If I still had my game, I would take a picture. Unfortunately, I sold it about a year ago -- it is very much missed.
I can say that it goes where the bracket is right now a little before the exit of the ramp. If you loosen the screw on the stock bracket, you can move the exit from side to side. This one allows you to move the exit up and down. It doesn't help you make the shot. It does help the consistency of the return to the upper flipper. On many of the games, this was a difficult feature to dial in as the return would wobble and not always go smoothly to the upper flipper, making it impossible to hit consecutive shots. I believe the problem, at least on mine, was the speed of the return. The ball would travel too far before gravity could bring it down causing it to hit the triangular plastic or sometimes even go down the shooter lane. Lowering the exit a bit helped. As I said, what helped me the most was adding a bit of felt to slow down the ball.

This can really be a problem if you hit the warp ramp twice or more in a row. On mine, if the ball got going too fast it would jump the upper flipper or bounce hard enough to end up in the shooter lane. I tried the felt, but it would sometimes slow the ball down too much. I just loosened the adjustment screw and pushed the exit of the ramp as far left as I could and tightened it down. There are still tricky exits at times, but it always goes to the flipper.

#7465 5 years ago

Thanks for the info on this.

#7466 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

This can really be a problem if you hit the warp ramp twice or more in a row. On mine, if the ball got going too fast it would jump the upper flipper or bounce hard enough to end up in the shooter lane. I tried the felt, but it would sometimes slow the ball down too much. I just loosened the adjustment screw and pushed the exit of the ramp as far left as I could and tightened it down. There are still tricky exits at times, but it always goes to the flipper.

The left, right adjustment worked for some people but not others. I was one of the others. Moving it down helped a bit more but the felt fixed the problem for me. Seems everyone’s game was different. Really hard to dial in, but such a great shot — and critical to the game — when you do.

#7467 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

The left, right adjustment worked for some people but not others. I was one of the others. Moving it down helped a bit more but the felt fixed the problem for me. Seems everyone’s game was different. Really hard to dial in, but such a great shot — and critical to the game — when you do.

No doubt about the shot! I just finished playing and went from warp 3 to warp 8. You get on that roll and it feels like it'll never stop...but then it does.

#7468 5 years ago

The most I have gotten is 4 in a row.

#7469 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

The most I have gotten is 4 in a row.

I got 7 in a row one night and may have gotten more if my son didn't yell "Holy crap!" on the 7th one and broke my concentration!

#7470 5 years ago

I followed this (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-pro-warp-ramp-adjusting-fail#post-3542605) post and it really helped with my warp ramp. I used a couple pieces of adhesive-backed velcro(the soft side) I had lying around.

#7471 5 years ago

I picked up a nice Star Trek Premium today. It came with a boat load of mods, including Blackout and Vengeance mods, and many others.

However when I was lifting the head up, I found this cable that fell out of the head:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/J2urDnYdTZgLa8Es8

It was too short to reach anything inside the cab unless the head was up.

So once I got the head up, I played a game on it and it seemed fine. But it still seems odd.

Here's a pic from inside the head:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/TKdAbcvJc1SB2by27

The only thing I was thinking is it went to this little board:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/HgDUb4BVD5CFdU5H9

Except it's a 4 pin cable and that board has a 5 pin connector. I did notice that the pins were bent upward a bit on that one, and the one next to it. I straightened them before I took the pic.

So... any ideas?

#7472 5 years ago

If you have a ColorDMD installed, that might be the old DMD power cable that is no longer used.

Edit, didn't see the other two pics. Yeah, looks like it goes there, but not sure what that board is.

#7473 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

If you have a ColorDMD installed, that might be the old DMD power cable that is no longer used.

Oh, yep it does have a ColorDMD. Makes sense then. Thanks!

#7474 5 years ago

Just fully restored my ST:TNG and finished putting it back together today. It's a beauty but one really strange and devastating problem - the autoplunger won't shoot the ball properly. The ball seems to be flying out of the catapult early and hitting the top of the ball guide before it even reaches the opening. The plunger assembly was never moved during the restore so it can't be that and the wireform doesn't have much play though I've tried favoring every position when screwing it back in. No luck and no improvement. This is driving me insane. If I manually move the auto plunger with my hand from under the playfield, it shoots no problem. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Thanks in advance for any clues.

#7475 5 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I picked up a nice Star Trek Premium today. It came with a boat load of mods, including Blackout and Vengeance mods, and many others.
However when I was lifting the head up, I found this cable that fell out of the head:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/J2urDnYdTZgLa8Es8
It was too short to reach anything inside the cab unless the head was up.
So once I got the head up, I played a game on it and it seemed fine. But it still seems odd.
Here's a pic from inside the head:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/TKdAbcvJc1SB2by27
The only thing I was thinking is it went to this little board:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/HgDUb4BVD5CFdU5H9
Except it's a 4 pin cable and that board has a 5 pin connector. I did notice that the pins were bent upward a bit on that one, and the one next to it. I straightened them before I took the pic.
So... any ideas?

That was my game, so feel free to reach out if you have any questions about what I did to it. I can also repair that Blackout mod if it dies.

#7476 5 years ago

So I got my board back from a friend who replaced transistor Q3 for me. I still have that row of switches out. Makes sense since the transistor seemed to test fine, but I had it replaced anyway and I didn't want to do it because then I'd 2nd guess my work if it didn't fix it.

While watching Wrestlemania today I will thoroughly looks at each switch for an issue.

What else can I check? Since several optos are in this switch row and not working, if there was an opto issue, would it take out the entire row of switches?

#7477 5 years ago

Update, I didn't even need to wait until Wrestlemania to find out the problem. The problem was indeed Q3 on the CPU board.

Except I had Q3 on the power board replaced.

I spent 30 minutes thoroughly checking the green/orange wire, tracing it from switch to switch and up to the backbox. I doublechecked the connector when I noticed the small transistors in that area and immediately saw a Q3 there also. It had also been replaced before. I pulled the board and it tests bad, but I don't think I have those transistors on hand.

So, at least I know the problem and would've had it fixed if not for my bonehead mistake.

1 week later
#7478 5 years ago

Hey can anyone direct me to the latest version w/Movie Soundtrack ROM for ST Prem/LE?

#7479 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Hey can anyone direct me to the latest version w/Movie Soundtrack ROM for ST Prem/LE?

It's posted in this thread a few pages ago...

#7480 5 years ago

Thanks.

#7481 5 years ago

After buying back a STLE wanted to give it another try. I remember when I had it before loved the way it shoots and the light show. But I never really connected with the rules (sold my first STLE before the last code update) not sure if there was all that much added or that I’m just more understanding how to play, but the game seems a lot more fun. I’m becoming more aware of point values, combos and multi color shots and how the points increase. I’m able to complete modes 3 deep more often so getting a lot more variation of modes as well as getting closer to KM that it doesn’t seem far away but not easy either.

To sum up, way more appreciate the second time around.

#7482 5 years ago

I don't think anything was added gameplay-wise since the last update(1.62). v1.61 added the Mission Medal Awards system. That was a pretty big change, especially providing additional incentive to Tier I missions(instead of just waiting out the timers to advance to KM with less risk), as well as KM rewards.

The rules to ST are actually quite basic and straightforward. Formulating a strategy to maximize scoring via all the possible combinations and stacking available is a different story.

#7483 5 years ago

Not that rules were too complex, I’m now concentrating on points more consciously whereas before was just trying to hit the blinking lights. Once I understood the reason for the points more clearly was able to lock in on on certain shots.

Same with AcDc now that I understand what I’m shooting for points, get more enjoyment.

Some other games like Tron I’m not generally trying for points more to get to SOS and then Portal Multiball.

#7484 5 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Formulating a strategy to maximize scoring via all the possible combinations and stacking available is a different story.

Playing at home, my goal is usually to try and finish the game....or get as close as I can. I do try to maximize points in the process, but that is secondary. I've only gotten to EA once.

My basic strategy is to finish the left and right level 1 modes and cap them with PD to get super pops and ramps, then Nero to KM. Along the way, I try to be sure and play KM and Vengence at least once. Doing that generally puts the score somewhere in the the low six figure range...depending on medals.

To really maximize points I imagine you'd have to go three deep on the modes to get shot multipliers. Then when you bring in the multiballs, the points would be much bigger, along with timing the warp playfield multiplier.

How do you approach the game for modes, MBs, and multipliers just to get max scores?

#7485 5 years ago

It all depends and I am by far no expert. There's another thread floating around somewhere full of great strategies.

If I'm looking for a big payout from KM, I'll try to get as many gold medals as I can. Queuing up a KMB with GATs that will maximize scoring with little effort like Nero or DtD(or is it PD, whichever is galactic lanes). Use StE to get my warp ramp shot warmed up on the way to 9.1. I like to challenge myself with Space Jump sometimes, since it's kind of a boring mission, so I'll try to hit six shots to get the silver, shoot away team, then the vengeance for instant gold. I may save Vengeance I until super pops are activated. I always try to hit warp 9.1 just before going into KM so, not only are the medals doubled, but the KM shots as well. At least try to hit as many second shots as possible, which are the ones that are based off how well you did on respective Tier I missions, if I can't complete it. That can all add up real quick.

#7486 5 years ago

Hard to figure if doing two rows to get two bonus is worth doing because you can only cash in on one remaining mission but if you get super ramps just 3 missions you can use the bonus for 3 more modes.

I’ve tried the 3 deep with glass off iirc this only gives you permanent combo to that shot so there is no additional advantage if you do an actual combo into that shot. Not sure that’s worth the effort but it’s fun to see the various modes.

I’ve not got to Vengeance scoring jackpot yet seen on tutorial video will give 10% of your score.

#7487 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’ve not got to Vengeance scoring jackpot yet seen on tutorial video will give 10% of your score.

I think you mean Vengeance Battle, the third of such modes. That's the one that gives 10% of your score, 20% if completed on a combo shot, with a max of 40% if double scoring is active. Vengeance Scoring(2nd mode) reward is an extra ball. First mode is Vengeance Multiball with a 5mil reward. You can also get 10mil but I'm racking my brain as to how. I think it's either destroying the ship off a combo shot(kind of like Vengeance Battle), or it's making both the Alpha/Beta ramp shots before shooting the Vengeance at the start of the mode. Could be wrong on both accounts. Maybe someone can correct or confirm?

#7488 5 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

You can also get 10mil but I'm racking my brain as to how. I think it's either destroying the ship off a combo shot(kind of like Vengeance Battle),

That's it. 5M or 10M combo.

#7489 5 years ago

Hello guys!
What you people thinking about this?
Like a topper

Screenshot_20190420_160901_com.ebay.mobile (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190420_160901_com.ebay.mobile (resized).jpg
#7490 5 years ago

Amazon has a few different versions

#7491 5 years ago

I have it as a topper on mine. It's cool, but a little small. Still cool.

#7492 5 years ago

Star Trek is back up and running! Parts order came today with the transistor I needed and now all switches are working.

Funny thing is, with Star Trek offline for a few weeks, Maverick became my favorite game.

#7493 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Funny thing is, with Star Trek offline for a few weeks, Maverick became my favorite game.

Maverick is the reason I have 15 pins now. ST Pro was a solid second game choice. The similarity in our collections is...spooky.

#7494 5 years ago

I made a brief tutorial for Data East Star Trek. This is pretty much the only quality footage that exists on YouTube for this game.

#7495 5 years ago

Having an issue with the 1.62 code with movie sounds. The bugs that were supposedly fixed in 1.61 with the missions not being completed and next mission being able to be selected while in multi player games are still present. Has anyone else had this problem after updating to 1.62 with movie music? Also, what can be done to fix the laser button? The switch seems to be intermittent. Does any know of a good replacement laser?

#7496 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Also, what can be done to fix the laser button? The switch seems to be intermittent. Does any know of a good replacement laser?

Check for switch gap under the "PunchIt" button. I'm guessing you may need to adjust it.

Shameless plug for my replacement laser kit:
http://pinball-mods.com/url/SSTLaser Blue and Green available. Red is Out of Stock and likely won't be restocked as the interest in Stern Star Trek mods has dropped off significantly.

#7497 5 years ago

The switch gap is fine. It's a software bug as it only happens on multi-player games and the ability to select a mission is not lit on the playfield even though the previous mission was completed. Works fine on single player. I am looking for a red laser.

#7498 4 years ago

So after more than 3 years of owning Star Trek Pro...on five ball setting...I finally reached Five Year Mission today.

I didn't last long and couldn't tell a whole lot of what was happening though. I hope it's not another 3 years before I make it back.

#7499 4 years ago

Congrats! Still on the bucket list for me. I recently switched to 5 ball after being kind of a stickler for factory settings. Made some other changes like extending the ball save, etc. I'm never going to compete in a tournament, so got wise to just having more fun with my machine. Even so, Enterprise Amok still eludes me most of the time. I got so close the other day but the Pinball Godz said nope. I did manage to actually complete a KM the other day though. That felt really good. So many times I've drained out of that mode way too quick. :p

#7500 4 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

So after more than 3 years of owning Star Trek Pro...on five ball setting...I finally reached Five Year Mission today.
I didn't last long and couldn't tell a whole lot of what was happening though. I hope it's not another 3 years before I make it back.

Haven't hit 5YM yet, but got to EA tonight for only the second time in a year. It wasn't pretty as it tanked pretty quickly. But I got there! Score was only 500M. The first time was over 700M.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 9.95
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 217.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/150?hl=investingdad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.