PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 217.
#701 10 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Any fellow owners ever come across problems with the eddy sensors?
Mine aren't working at all - yet it's not showing up as an error (no credit dot), which seems odd.

The eddy sensor board has an adjustment pot which will sometimes get out of adjustment with vibration. It probably wont show up as an error unless it was stuck in the closed position as it's normally open till the ball rolls over the eddy sensor which triggers the switch closed. Have you tried adjusting the pot? Their is a red LED on the board, I believe you turn the pot counter clockwise till the LED turns on then turn the pot clockwise till the LED turns off and then back it up just a little. I hope I didn't get that backward but you will figure it out wile adjusting the pot. Put the game in switch test and run the ball over the eddy sensor and see if the ball triggers the switch . I cover this briefly in my video around 12.26 into the video.

#702 10 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

The eddy sensor board has an adjustment pot which will sometimes get out of adjustment with vibration. It probably wont show up as an error unless it was stuck in the closed position as it's normally open till the ball rolls over the eddy sensor which triggers the switch closed. Have you tried adjusting the pot? Their is a red LED on the board, I believe you turn the pot counter clockwise till the LED turns on then turn the pot clockwise till the LED turns off and then back it up just a little. I hope I didn't get that backward but you will figure it out wile adjusting the pot. Put the game in switch test and run the ball over the eddy sensor and see if the ball triggers the switch . I cover this briefly in my video around 12.26 into the video.
» YouTube video

Many thanks Sam. Will watch the vid when home from work.
Yeah, I've tried adjusting pots on both but the LEDS don't come on at all.
Switches aren't triggered by rolling ball over them in test either.

EDIT: Just realised who you are. Your video had already been a godsend, thank you! Fixed my optos thanks to that and it's how I knew how to try adjusting pots in the first place.
But, no, didn't work - no LED on either board.

#703 10 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Many thanks Sam. Will watch the vid when home from work.
Yeah, I've tried adjusting pots on both but the LEDS don't come on at all.
Switches aren't triggered by rolling ball over them in test either.
EDIT: Just realised who you are. Your video had already been a godsend, thank you! Fixed my optos thanks to that and it's how I knew how to try adjusting pots in the first place.
But, no, didn't work - no LED on either board.

Well if the LEDs on both boards never come on I would suspect a power problem. Have you checked to see if the board is getting 12 volts. On the 4 pin plug ,pin 1 is ground and pin 2 is +12 volts. You need to check with a DMM-voltmeter. If theirs no power their then check J 118 on the Power Driver board, that's where it gets the 12 volts from.

#704 10 years ago

Yippee, just got an email from my distributor
It says,
"Good News!
Your STLE Is shipping from Stern Today!! Attached is your Bill of Lading (Master Shipping Document) Please Look it over to be sure it looks correct. Tomorrow I should have tracking information for you. "

I am getting excited now

#706 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just saw your post, no it didn't, was it supposed to. I haven't looked in the goodie bag yet. Do they usually come with one? I haven't even lifted up the pf in fear of scratching the sides of the new cab.

Oh I was just curious. Because ST:TNG and ST25th both came with keyfobs. "Or at least I thought". I asked because I was curious what it looked like "if" it came with one. Im big on the keyfobs, have to have one for all my pins or it bugs me lol. However, I don't think Stern gives out Keyfobs for any pins. That may have been a 80's 90's thing. Companies now days figure they can save money by cutting out the little things.

#707 10 years ago

Well it's gonna be a long weekend. My STLE has arrived at the Norfolk VA terminal but they are closed till Monday. So close, dam

#708 10 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

Well it's gonna be a long weekend. My STLE has arrived at the Norfolk VA terminal but they are closed till Monday. So close, dam

Ahhh that sucks! Well at least you have 3 other Star trek Pins to play

BTW, anyone have Pinnovators? Last night I hooked up external sub + speakers with the native speakers. WOW was I amazed.

#710 10 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Heh, any higher than 2.5metres (8ft-ish) gets me involved with the council's planning department. No chance!
Besides, as a newbie, it's pretty daunting learning how to fix and maintain just the one machine right now.
Give it time...

Bummer about the height limit.

#711 10 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

$550 "bid and buyout" Stern ST Playfield signed by Steve Ritchie on Ebay. Ebay link

And it's # 666

#712 10 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

Yippee, just got an email from my distributor
It says,
"Good News!
Your STLE Is shipping from Stern Today!! Attached is your Bill of Lading (Master Shipping Document) Please Look it over to be sure it looks correct. Tomorrow I should have tracking information for you. "
I am getting excited now

Party at your place.

#713 10 years ago

Oh I was just curious. Because ST:TNG and ST25th both came with keyfobs. "Or at least I thought". I asked because I was curious what it looked like "if" it came with one. Im big on the keyfobs, have to have one for all my pins or it bugs me lol. However, I don't think Stern gives out Keyfobs for any pins. That may have been a 80's 90's thing. Companies now days figure they can save money by cutting out the little things.

Yeah, at $8200 it's going to cut into their profit margin to deeply to give the buyer a key fob.

#714 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah, at $8200 it's going to cut into their profit margin to deeply to give the buyer a key fob.

Sadly, its true. Cutting corners till it is a circle lol

That makes it bad ass

#715 10 years ago

Well Murphy's law is alive and well apparently. My STLE arrived at the Norfolk shipping terminal late Friday night. I was going to see if I could pick it up today but this weekend wile getting my pickup truck ready I discovered a problem with my lift gate. The motor needs new brushes, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't so I decided I would rather not take the chance. If you put the lift gate down and cant lift it back up it's like a boat anchor and your going nowhere.
So I called to make an appointment for delivery sense it's already paid for anyway. Looks like it will be here Wednesday between 12:00 and 4:00pm.
What's 2 more days.

#716 10 years ago

Just ordered a Stern ST today, could not resist the calling.
Already have a STNG, but will keep them in different rooms so not to over-do the Trekness.

#717 10 years ago
Quoted from JC_Pins:

over-do the Trekness.

Congrats! But you can never over-trek lol

#718 10 years ago

Classic Game room Guy's review is back up for Stern Star Trek.

#719 10 years ago

just set up my hemi proto type star trek pro, super pumped, another great game from the refinery.

#720 10 years ago

Just finishing shopping out my Next Gen , Anyone here have files for some more interesting looking rule cards they can share with me ?

#721 10 years ago
Quoted from rooftop:

just set up my hemi proto type Star Trek pro, super pumped, another great game from the refinery.

By "proto type" do you mean the lighted rails??

#722 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Just finishing shopping out my Next Gen , Anyone here have files for some more interesting looking rule cards they can share with me ?

Pics?

#723 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I saved this thread a long time ago. Lots of different machines:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-pricing-instruction-pinball-cards

http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/instruction/index.htm

#724 10 years ago

Congrats! But you can never over-trek lol

the same as you can't over dry.

#725 10 years ago

Did not shoot a whole lot of pics because it was just a shop job not a restore , But I'll post a few that I took tomorrow . Came out nice . removed everything from topside of playfield and buffed it , flippers ,slings and bumpers got rebuilt .Everything else was cleaned and some new parts . I've got a nice playfield and it really only has a little wear in the neutral zone and I installed the cliffy for that

Quoted from jathomp22:I saved this thread a long time ago. Lots of different machines:

Thanks! I knew someone here had them . Originals just look kind of boring so I wanted something more interesting, I like the custom ones that people have done .

#726 10 years ago

Oh yea, also added the cut bumper cap to the bumper under the beta quadrant ramp .Looks good .

#727 10 years ago

Buying Pin Refinery ST......Anyone make Stern ST instruction cards yet?

#728 10 years ago

DE: Star trek 25th question: The blue light tube that's full of rice lights zip-tied to the ramps. Has anyone removed them and used EL Wire Lighting? My lights dont even work, I understand the rice lights burn out as well as the light controller board messes up or burns out "have a replacement but have not installed" I don't even know when these lights are suppose to turn on. Anyone know? I wouldn't mind just removing it and installing EL wire. Either to always be on, or triggered via sound or switch.

#729 10 years ago

The original rope light shorts out and takes the controller board with it. The guy I bought mine from built a new one with led rope. It's a good bit thicker rope but looks GREAT. Pretty sure he has extras so search ST25th rope light here. I can't remember his name.

#730 10 years ago

They are chaser lights like on a movie marquee and they are controlled by the CPU. Do your self a favor and get them working. Years ago when I got my ST 25, the small controller board was missing and my rope lights had shorts. I pulled the lights out of the blue tubes and found the shorts, repaired the shorts and replaced a few bulbs with ones I got at Radio Shack. I could not find the chaser board so I built my own from the schematic in the manual and it worked great. The red rope light string is found in Hook. I remember someone replaced the wheat grain bulbs with LED's so that might be a better solution. Just add a resistor to each LED so it will run on 12 volts.As soon as I get my STLE set up, (yea it arrived today) I plain to get my ST 25th out of storage.

#731 10 years ago

I have a friend with a decent Data East Star Trek. We had a guy custom make blue chase lights to replace burned one. Put them on and game looks amazing...Game is in above avg condition and we added a lot of LEDs to GI. He also bought a nice cleared pf to swap out. He is over his head in projects and may be moving soon. I think he is going to sell them as a combo for maybe $1800 or so. Nice deal as the custom blue rope lights were over $100 and look great. Any interest let me know. Game is in MD. Nice to see the DE Star Trek get some love.

#732 10 years ago

Here are some pics of my Next Gen , top side of playfield stripped and some pics of the dirty areas .

P1010276.JPGP1010276.JPG P1010277.JPGP1010277.JPG P1010278.JPGP1010278.JPG
#733 10 years ago

Neutral zone wear .

P1010271.JPGP1010271.JPG
#734 10 years ago

CONGRATS Question for you, did the STPRO come with a keyfob?

These were in the bag with the extra sling shot plastics with the LE. They only have one hole in them so would you say these are key fob's.
STLE 005.JPGSTLE 005.JPG

#735 10 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

Jean-Luc-Picard said:
CONGRATS Question for you, did the STPRO come with a keyfob?

These were in the bag with the extra sling shot plastics with the LE. They only have one hole in them so would you say these are key fob's.

Wow! They gave you (4) Key-Fobs!!!!!!!! This must be Sterns first fob, as well, they all look amazing!!! I expect mods on your x'mas tree soon

As well (((ST25))) missed my reply... sorry, been distracted with pin and marinating my pot-roast for the holiday.

#736 10 years ago

ok... another comment. What one will you have autographed at the next convention. --- Or what one will you sell me hahahha

#737 10 years ago

Wow! They gave you (4) Key-Fobs!!!!!!!! This must be Sterns first fob

Every Stern Pro I have bought has come with a key-fob.

#738 10 years ago

I finally saw the movie last night. Awesome! Wife and kids even loved it. Ordered my ST pin already. I am attaching a pic off the gameroom thread that I love. Not trying to get in any copyright trouble but would love if someone can get a still jpg of this scene. Love seeing both ships and space around it. I love astronomy and this would look great on my gameroom wall next to pin. Thanks for any help.vengeance.pngvengeance.png

#739 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Every Stern Pro I have bought has come with a key-fob.

Oh really? Others mentioned the NIB pro did not come with one.

#740 10 years ago

I don't open my goodie bags on my machines but I can see them through the plastic. I can try to take a pic of it in the plastic bag if you want.

#741 10 years ago

Just had a weird Thanksgiving. Day drinking is "under" rated lol, but I cant think lol" We ended up eating at 11am. Eat Turkey, Roast Beef and Champagne in bed while watching the zombie movie from 2007 "28 weeks later". maybe the weirdest thanksgiving we ever had.

ST25th: I plan on adding the new controller board tomorrow. It is modded to not burn out, a guy in Australia makes them. however, a friend of mine came up with an interesting idea. To use 2 colors on each ramp and switch a color based on the ramp switch. So each time you hit a ramp that side will light up while turning the other off. EL wire should look great. However, adding LED's and using the new board may be the better route. Hard to decide. One thing is for sure, it is a very challenging game for how simple the layout is. You really have to be on your toes, focus on aiming and deliver clean shots. I will own this machine for the rest of my life, that's for sure

#742 10 years ago

There are some extra plastics in the bag but no key-fob that I saw. I suppose you can use them for a key-fob if you want.

100_2335.JPG100_2335.JPG

#743 10 years ago
Quoted from Crashnburn:

There are some extra plastics in the bag but no key-fob that I saw. I suppose you can use them for a key-fob if you want.

If you are suppose to get key fobs I would contact Stern. Worth the hassle, they look really nice.

#744 10 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

Well if the LEDs on both boards never come on I would suspect a power problem. Have you checked to see if the board is getting 12 volts. On the 4 pin plug ,pin 1 is ground and pin 2 is +12 volts. You need to check with a DMM-voltmeter. If theirs no power their then check J 118 on the Power Driver board, that's where it gets the 12 volts from.

Thanks Sam - it's taken me a while to get under the hood but yes, both boards are receiving 12 volts, so I'm a bit stumped.
I guess it has to be a coincidence and either both boards - or both sensors - are dead?
What's the most likely scenario?

The more I learn and the more I explore this machine, the more I'm seeing it's been a bit jury-rigged over the years.
The disconnected knocker, for example. The wires that should go to it (+1 other) all go into a connector and ultimately go under the playfield - so lord knows what's going on there!

Still, one thing at a time eh? And eddys or not, it's playing great at the moment.

#745 10 years ago

If you are suppose to get key fobs I would contact Stern. Worth the hassle, they look really nice.

That's the question. Are you suppose to get a key-fab with the Pro?

#746 10 years ago
Quoted from Crashnburn:

That's the question. Are you suppose to get a key-fab with the Pro?

Hope someone can help confirm this. Maybe just call Stern anyway, maybe they will send you a set. Sounds like other pro owners got them.

Question: Anyone install Post Lights before, are they worth it? I am a bit concerned how they fit. Most of my pins have lights right next to the post on the slings. Not sure how the tab fits, doesn't look like I will be able to hide the end well? I am about to purchase them for all my pins with the cointaker black Friday deal but want to wait till I hear good things about them. Think it will be great to wire them to the sling solenoid.

#747 10 years ago

Hope someone can help confirm this. Maybe just call Stern anyway, maybe they will send you a set. Sounds like other pro owners got them.
Question: Anyone install Post Lights before, are they worth it? I am a bit concerned how they fit. Most of my pins have lights right next to the post on the slings. Not sure how the tab fits? I am about to purchase them for all my pins with the cointaker black Friday deal but want to wait till I hear good things about them. Think it will be great to wire them tot he sling solenoid.

Yes they are worth it. I have an extra double set in every game I own. I get mine from PinballBulbs.com.

#748 10 years ago

Yes they are worth it. I have an extra double set in every game I own. I get mine from PinballBulbs.com.

Woot, thanks for the validation. Right now cointaker has buy 2 get one free. http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=1413 the ones you buy are the electrical portion the same size. I ask because I cant seem to find them at pinballbulbs.com. I am concerned the raw ends will look kinda ugly and I wont be able to hide them under the sling since the lights are right by the post.

Good news is they will hide well on ST:TNG. However, not as well on Bad Cats, T2 and Shadow. They will sorta stick out and look rather ugly. I guess I could paint it black so it is hidden a bit?

IMG_4959.jpgIMG_4959.jpg

#749 10 years ago

If you like the bling you will LOVE them, and I love the bling.

#750 10 years ago

If you like the bling you will LOVE them, and I love the bling.

If you gunna pimp it. Pimp it good lol Sold...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 64.99
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 217.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.