PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 217.
#7401 5 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

I saw them mention it on a Facebook post. They're going to include a plaque "above the left speaker of the backbox" that says, "Star Trek Pinball 2019: Final Voyage."

Ooo I wonder if the ST premium I am buying at MGC will have that. It's being made probably this week or next at the factory.

#7402 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Ooo I wonder if the ST premium I am buying at MGC will have that. It's being made probably this week or next at the factory.

It only showed Pro's on the video on facebook. Why would your game be made now? It's probably just a Vault already in the hands of a distributor.

#7403 5 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

It only showed Pro's on the video on facebook. Why would your game be made now? It's probably just a Vault already in the hands of a distributor.

Based upon what marcospecialties told me it had to be ordered ahead of time so that the factory could fulfill the orders in time to be shipped to the show. It's being shipped directly from stern to MGC. Marco didn't have them in stock.

#7404 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Based upon what marcospecialties told me it had to be ordered ahead of time so that the factory could fulfill the orders in time to be shipped to the show. It's being shipped directly from stern to MGC. Marco didn't have them in stock.

That plaque would be pretty cool, wonder if the Premiums will have it. They only mentioned Pros before. Now you are making me want to get a ST Premium!

#7405 5 years ago

Here's what it looks like.

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg
#7406 5 years ago

That's pretty cool. Mine was made in 2015. Is there any difference in machine from then to now? Any manufacturing updates?

#7407 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

That's pretty cool. Mine was made in 2015. Is there any difference in machine from then to now? Any manufacturing updates?

I’m curious if they use those little Allen head screws on the back box or the leg bolts.

#7408 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m curious if they use those little Allen head screws on the back box or the leg bolts.

No allenheads on mine. The same backbox bolts as the new games.

#7409 5 years ago

So, last week I posted about my busted Warp Ramp Chase Light mod that I wanted to replace, but nobody had them. I got a hot tip for an led strip with chase baked in from here: https://www.oznium.com/flexible-led-strips/12v-scanning-led-strip#photos. It shipped fast and I was simply able to take the wires off the old one and solder them to this strip and success! Pictures below of the old and new strips. You can really see the difference.

Here's a video of them in action, along with many of the other mods I have installed. Unfortunately, it didn't capture the interactive Vengeance Visor mod or interactive custom backbox led board for Aurich's trans artwork in action.

IMG_0508 (resized).JPGIMG_0508 (resized).JPGIMG_0500 (resized).JPGIMG_0500 (resized).JPG
#7410 5 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

So, last week I posted about my busted Warp Ramp Chase Light mod that I wanted to replace, but nobody had them. I got a hot tip for an led strip with chase baked in from here: https://www.oznium.com/flexible-led-strips/12v-scanning-led-strip#photos. It shipped fast and I was simply able to take the wires off the old one and solder them to this strip and success! Pictures below of the old and new strips. You can really see the difference.
Here's a video of them in action, along with many of the other mods I have installed. Unfortunately, it didn't capture the interactive Vengeance Visor mod or interactive custom backbox led board for Aurich's trans artwork in action.

[quoted image][quoted image]

Cool, nice game. i'm glad the tip on where to get it finally worked out for you.

#7411 5 years ago

Thanks again!

Man, I never new how much I needed that blue "Engage" start button that can be seen at the start of my video I posted. I just put it in today and I love it. The green start button always bugged me a bit, since it stood out from the blue-ishness of the rest of the cabinet/art. Unfortunately there was some soldering involved, which I didn't anticipate, but managed to muddle my way through it and it works perfectly.

#7412 5 years ago

Oh that engage button is perfect!

#7413 5 years ago

Where to get engage button?

#7414 5 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

So, last week I posted about my busted Warp Ramp Chase Light mod that I wanted to replace, but nobody had them. I got a hot tip for an led strip with chase baked in from here: https://www.oznium.com/flexible-led-strips/12v-scanning-led-strip#photos.

Thanks for posting this info. If only I thought to search for "scanning" instead of "chasing" or "chase". Back in the late 90s I used a Pep Boys "Knight Rider" scanning LED strip just like this for a MAME machine.

I'm ordering this and replacing the broken strip that was already installed!

#7415 5 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

I know it’s a long shot, but I’m looking for a blackout mod for my ST Premium. Preferably working, but I’ll take what I can get. Thanks.

I was able to find one thanks to a friendly Pinsider.

Also, I added Star Trek: The Next Generation to the collection yesterday.

#7416 5 years ago

It figures....having our local league over today and last night the upper opto on the Alpha ramp stopped working.

Before I dig into this, if I even have time this morning, anyone have this happen on their game? Looks like I'd need to remove the warp ramp to get down to the opto physically if needed. Any tips on that removal?

#7417 5 years ago

Found a wire broken off a trough switch after testing more this morning and seeing two balls being kicked out. Noticed other switches out on the playfield and looks like they're all on Q3 so will test that transistor and replace if needed.

#7418 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Where to get engage button?

I got it at Pinball Life: https://www.pinballlife.com/engage-start-button.html - $6.95

#7419 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Found a wire broken off a trough switch after testing more this morning and seeing two balls being kicked out. Noticed other switches out on the playfield and looks like they're all on Q3 so will test that transistor and replace if needed.

I pulled the CPU board and Q3 seemed to test fine with the same value of the other transistors in that row. I'll triple check for a broken wire or whatever on those switches but didn't see anything before. Can I test anything else besides the Q3 transistor?

#7420 5 years ago

Still getting to know the game. Read as I have a problem.. What lights the Shields On insert? They work in test mode. Are they a ball save? Out lanes only? I have a random problem with balls being kicked out after a ball drains. All of the trough switches work.
thx

#7421 5 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Still getting to know the game. Read as I have a problem.. What lights the Shields On insert? They work in test mode. Are they a ball save? Out lanes only? I have a random problem with balls being kicked out after a ball drains. All of the trough switches work.
thx

Pro version shield build up to a ball save on left out lane on premium version it’s a kick back.

#7422 5 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

thx

The two Shields standup targets above the left in/out lanes will activate the virtual ball save. I have not figured out how to know if the shields ball saver has been activated though. Where is the Shields On insert?

#7423 5 years ago

The rescue insert lit on the left outlane.

9B9677DE-1D29-40AD-8A3F-623273D7CCEC (resized).jpeg9B9677DE-1D29-40AD-8A3F-623273D7CCEC (resized).jpeg

#7424 5 years ago

Pro must be different, unless the VE added the insert. I just have the (T)rek insert over the left outlane.

#7425 5 years ago

Sorry didn’t know that.

#7426 5 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

thx

On the Pro, shield: hit the standup targets to activate rescue, which is denoted by the "T" insert blinking (left outlane). This will prompt a ball to kick out into the shooter lane and auto-plunge. You will also see a message on the DMD.

#7428 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

It figures....having our local league over today and last night the upper opto on the Alpha ramp stopped working.
Before I dig into this, if I even have time this morning, anyone have this happen on their game? Looks like I'd need to remove the warp ramp to get down to the opto physically if needed. Any tips on that removal?

unplug and twist the opt wires as much as you can without too much tension, for all the ramps and all optic sensors. sometimes unplugging and reinstalling works, twisting is common even in automotive wiring, keeps interference down, I think this was Sterns old fix for the issue twisting. also the plugs on the little optic boards become loose with all the solenoids firing especially with shaker motors.

#7429 5 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

unplug and twist the opt wires as much as you can without too much tension, for all the ramps and all optic sensors. sometimes unplugging and reinstalling works, twisting is common even in automotive wiring, keeps interference down, I think this was Sterns old fix for the issue twisting. also the plugs on the little optic boards become loose with all the solenoids firing especially with shaker motors.

Thanks for the tip. Turns out though I have switch row not working (Q3) and all these switches are on that row. Looking like the Q3 transistor needs to be replaced. I spoke with Stern support today and he told me how to test the switches via the board pins. None of those switching worked with pin jumpering, so even though the Q3 appeared to test fine, looks like it's the culprit.

#7430 5 years ago

Yeah, the blinking "T" for Shields UP can be easy to miss during gameplay.

Speaking of which, the differences in playfields between Pro and Prem/LE have always intrigued me. It's a pretty fair trade-off, but hard to say which is better if you had to choose. The kickback of the Prem/LE introduces randomness on the playfield(unless you get lucky with a return to Away Team shot) as does the kickout of the scoop on the Pro. Conversely, while the VUK of the Prem/LE returns the ball straight to the flipper, the Rescue of the Pro sends the ball up to the pops for free points. Potentially much more if you happen to have the Prime Directive galactic mode going at the time, as well as a chance at warp ramp shots. It slows the game down vs. the kickback, which may or may not be a good/bad thing.

Personally, I like how the Pro plays. Some of the other features of the Prem/LE are cool, but I think all versions of the game are solid. They really did a good job with that.

#7431 5 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Yeah, the blinking "T" for Shields UP can be easy to miss during gameplay.
Speaking of which, the differences in playfields between Pro and Prem/LE have always intrigued me. It's a pretty fair trade-off, but hard to say which is better if you had to choose. The kickback of the Prem/LE introduces randomness on the playfield(unless you get lucky with a return to Away Team shot) as does the kickout of the scoop on the Pro. Conversely, while the VUK of the Prem/LE returns the ball straight to the flipper, the Rescue of the Pro sends the ball up to the pops for free points. Potentially much more if you happen to have the Prime Directive galactic mode going at the time, as well as a chance at warp ramp shots. It slows the game down vs. the kickback, which may or may not be a good/bad thing.
Personally, I like how the Pro plays. Some of the other features of the Prem/LE are cool, but I think all versions of the game are solid. They really did a good job with that.

I've always been torn on the Pro/Premium versions of this game. I owned a pro for about 6 months, always missed it so I am eventually going to buy a premium. It's hard to say whether it's worth the extra $$$. You get the light show, the ship just tips down to simulate it's defeated, kickback... not too much else.

#7432 5 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I've always been torn on the Pro/Premium versions of this game. I owned a pro for about 6 months, always missed it so I am eventually going to buy a premium. It's hard to say whether it's worth the extra $$$. You get the light show, the ship just tips down to simulate it's defeated, kickback... not too much else.

The Premium's all-full-color-LED light show is *really* cool, though. I bought a NIB Premium only a few weeks ago, and don't regret it at all. The laser show for Klingon Multiball, too... so awesome.

#7433 5 years ago

You also get service rails vs pegs I think. And yea the light show is huge.

#7434 5 years ago

Anyone know what the Vault Pro shipped costs? I am upgrading to an LE and need to list my original pro soon and of course dont want to go up against NIB prices. I have the pinball refinery blue armor, Aurich art, ship mods and stuff so trying to evaluate it's value. Best course may be to pull some mods and blow it out as cheap as possible.

#7435 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Anyone know what the Vault Pro shipped costs? I am upgrading to an LE and need to list my original pro soon and of course dont want to go up against NIB prices. I have the pinball refinery blue armor, Aurich art, ship mods and stuff so trying to evaluate it's value. Best course may be to pull some mods and blow it out as cheap as possible.

Game Room Guys - $5599 with free shipping.

https://www.gameroomguys.com/Stern-star-trek-starfleet-pro-pinball

#7436 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Pinball Pro $5599 Star Trek Pinball Machine Free Shipping
https://pinballpro.net/shop/star-trek-pro/

They are done running them and almost sold out, so your game with mods should hold value pretty well given availability.

#7437 5 years ago

Thought I would offer some of my custom Star Trek designs to the group. First, are custom game cards. I will sell for $10 a set which includes postage to US (will ship outside of US but will need to custom quote shipping). High resolution cards are printed on OEM ultra gloss photo paper on a 6-color photo inkjet with OEM inks and then coated with a 3mil clear gloss vinyl. If interested, please PM me.

Card - Left.jpgCard - Left.jpgCard - Right.jpgCard - Right.jpg

#7438 5 years ago

Next up are my custom apron decals. I will sell these as a set for $50 including shipping to US (will ship outside of US but will need to custom quote shipping). Made the same as my instruction cards, but also have a high tack adhesive backing. If interested, please PM me.
Apron.jpgApron.jpg

#7439 5 years ago

Need guidance please. Have STpro running v1.61. Heard great things about the movie soundtrack version. Has that been incorporated into the v1.62 code? If so, where can I find it? If not, do I go with Stern's v1.62 code or convert to v1.61 with the movie soundtrack?

#7440 5 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyRio:

Need guidance please. Have STpro running v1.61. Heard great things about the movie soundtrack version. Has that been incorporated into the v1.62 code? If so, where can I find it? If not, do I go with Stern's v1.62 code or convert to v1.61 with the movie soundtrack?

Curious about this as well. Pick up my vault ST premium in 2 weeks at MGC.

#7441 5 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyRio:

Yes, I recently got a Star Trek and installed 1.62 with movie soundtrack incorporated. There’s a thread about the soundtrack code. Jump to the last page or two and you’ll see the link to download. It was a game changer for me, totally immersive experience.

Edit. Here’s the thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-162/page/4

#7445 5 years ago

If I remember correctly the first one has the movie music for the end of game music. The second version was a request for the original end of game music combined with the movie soundtrack sounds

#7446 5 years ago

Yes, first one is the move music, not TOS.

#7447 5 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

[quoted image][quoted image]

where did you get the game cards?

#7448 5 years ago

This is the one I used to update music and 1.62 on my Pro.

Quoted from DaveH:

Hopefully google doesn’t freak out at this, but, this is the movie soundtrack version with the destruction of the Vengeance music added back in. The first time I destroyed the Vengeance with the regular movie soundtrack I was disappointed. So I added it in.
This is mostly NOT my work. Whoever did the movie soundtrack work did a fantastic job. This is all their work. All I did was tweak one thing I didn’t like. The Pro version is PG-13 because I added some swear words into the tilt and match sequences. The LE version is just the Vengeance change back to the original from Stern.
Pro: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZF4UYFXvdGoo6Zh-WMmjqnbDmsUn_iZH/view?usp=sharing
LE: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M2HWDkx1gyTcLqTd0MIdbneQAy6klnus/view?usp=sharing

Added 40 days ago: Whoops. That LE version I posted is the wrong version. New one will be posted within the next day or two.

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

where did you get the game cards?

Game cards were part of a package from Aurich that included a custom translight, speaker panel decal, and cards+various stickers. Not sure if he's selling the cards anymore but you can try and hit him up.

#7449 5 years ago

Guys Extendo's verison 1.62, which is the movie music from Norso's original version 1.61

let me know if this does not work.
LE / Premium
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gw0bgcee5nunxik/STLE0162.zip?dl=0

let me see if I have the pro verison.

#7450 5 years ago

Do you know how that one differs from the one DaveH posted? Would be interested in the pro version if the differences are interesting enough.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

1,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 64.99
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 63.95
$ 24.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 9.95
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 217.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/149 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.