PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 217.
#7351 5 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Agree

True

I had this on for a while. Mode scores were definitely higher, but not significantly so. You are able to get more value out of the GAT modes but it does slow your progress a bit. I think this would be a good setting for tournament play. I have since turned it off.

AFM is a game that really can blow up with points. I have not got too far in AFM but once you get to a certain place the points get insanely crazy.

#7352 5 years ago

I know it’s a long shot, but I’m looking for a blackout mod for my ST Premium. Preferably working, but I’ll take what I can get. Thanks.

#7353 5 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

I know it’s a long shot, but I’m looking for a blackout mod for my ST Premium. Preferably working, but I’ll take what I can get. Thanks.

I have plenty of stock:
http://Pinball-Mods.com/url/da22e6f

More details on the mod is here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-premle-gi-dimmer-w-blackout

#7354 5 years ago

Does the blackout mod get rid of the ramp shot GI dimming during Klingon Multiball?

#7355 5 years ago

Zitt, I ordered something thanks.

#7356 5 years ago

I have had my Premium about a week and I have noticed that on the final shot for Sudden Death, the Vengeance fires the ball out as the drop target pops up with the result of the ball flying into the glass. This seems to happen fairly consistently and I am running 1.62 software. Is this normal?

#7357 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Does the blackout mod get rid of the ramp shot GI dimming during Klingon Multiball?

I can't speak for exactly what you're asking... or for other products.
For my GI Dimmer; the product won't effect any light shows in the GI; except to dim them.
The way my product works is it basically puts a mosfet transistor at the "ground" side of the GI circuit and the drain of that transistor is then fed to the "bottom" of the GI circuit. The Gate of the mosfet is then driven with a PWM signal from the onboard microcontroller which effectively dims them.

This means that none of the light shows are changed; except that any "signals" then become PWMed to a lower brightness. IF you are talking about any controlled inserts (RGB) then my product... and AFAIK; no other "dimmers" would effect the controlled inserts on Star Trek.

If you can provide more detail or be more specific; I'll be happy to look into this further.

#7358 5 years ago

Thanks, but I’m looking for the kapsreiter blackout mod.

#7359 5 years ago

Have a Bird of Prey mod leftover from a trade. In marketplace. $60 OBO

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/75968

3CCEF052-1FD2-49B5-BC29-DC7F96B593DD (resized).jpeg3CCEF052-1FD2-49B5-BC29-DC7F96B593DD (resized).jpeg

#7360 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I have had my Premium about a week and I have noticed that on the final shot for Sudden Death, the Vengeance fires the ball out as the drop target pops up with the result of the ball flying into the glass. This seems to happen fairly consistently and I am running 1.62 software. Is this normal?

So, is the only solution to install a protector? I was just wondering if this is the way it is...

#7361 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

So, is the only solution to install a protector? I was just wondering if this is the way it is...

When I had a pro it never hit the glass.

#7362 5 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

When I had a pro it never hit the glass.

OK, so I have played it a bunch more and it usually doesn't hit the glass, but it can fire out of the Vengeance into the drop so hard that it gets some serious air.

#7363 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

OK, so I have played it a bunch more and it usually doesn't hit the glass, but it can fire out of the Vengeance into the drop so hard that it gets some serious air.

Yea, hard to remember a few years back but I have no memory of it ever hitting the glass. I would remember that because certain games I've had it would hit the glass every so often. But I do remember on Star Trek Pro it would fire back the ball at you pretty hard, there is a magnet underneath doing that I think. Are you saying that when the ball is locked behind the drop target it fires it at the drop target and hits it or something?

#7364 5 years ago

Did my own USS Kelvin lighting after the little circuit board in the Kelvin failed. Complete with a pico spot on “USS Kelvin” and a slow color changing led in the rear engine combined with blue for a little dynamic range. On to KBOP!

BC7290D9-B20F-45EF-8A48-3B6AA70B6223 (resized).jpegBC7290D9-B20F-45EF-8A48-3B6AA70B6223 (resized).jpeg
#7365 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Did my own USS Kelvin lighting after the little circuit board in the Kelvin failed. Complete with a pico spot on “USS Kelvin” and a slow color changing led in the rear engine combined with blue for a little dynamic range. On to KBOP!
[quoted image]

do you have a picture of that farther away, I'm trying to see where it is located.

#7366 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

do you have a picture of that farther away, I'm trying to see where it is located.

Still experimenting with it but right now this looks pretty good. Gotta clean up the mount now...

A5F372B7-CFC5-4124-BE6C-A49DF7D5F17B (resized).jpegA5F372B7-CFC5-4124-BE6C-A49DF7D5F17B (resized).jpeg
#7367 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Still experimenting with it but right now this looks pretty good. Gotta clean up the mount now...
[quoted image]

Thanks, looks nice.

#7368 5 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Yea, hard to remember a few years back but I have no memory of it ever hitting the glass. I would remember that because certain games I've had it would hit the glass every so often. But I do remember on Star Trek Pro it would fire back the ball at you pretty hard, there is a magnet underneath doing that I think. Are you saying that when the ball is locked behind the drop target it fires it at the drop target and hits it or something?

There is a solenoid plunger in the back of the Vengeance ball lock area that fires back the ball during certain play modes. The drop target stays down in that case so that there is no interference. What I am saying is that during a certain mode, Sudden Death, the ball is sometimes forcefully fired back out along with the drop target going back up as if to lock the ball. If the timing is right, the ball will strike the upper edge of the rising drop target, launching the ball up and towards the player, hitting the glass. I tried reflashing the the latest code, but it still occasionally happens.

#7369 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

[quoted image]

Used a 44 bulb socket mount for mine, ditched the socket. Wires hidden in white Harbor Freight heat shrink wrap.

20190311_162424.jpg20190311_162424.jpg
#7370 5 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Used a 44 bulb socket mount for mine, ditched the socket. Wires hidden in white Harbor Freight heat shrink wrap.[quoted image]

Great idea! Mine became overly complicated after the circuit board went out in the Kelvin. I'd like to experiment with the Hallmark Enterprise as well. Ideally, I'd like the ship to light up in Nero mode, but I can't find a way to do that right now.

#7371 5 years ago

Need some troubleshooting advice.

Problem: During normal game play/mode, 2nd ball may be randomly kicked into play, -or- game suddenly acts like ball has drained, even though it hasn't(i.e. flippers go dead, end of ball).

Solution: ?

Tried: Thought balls may have become magnetized(sticking) over time. Put fresh carbon steel balls in, but did not make a difference. Diag doesn't seem to show any issue with trough switches, but not 100% balls aren't getting stuck during game play. Tried reseating some of the connectors to boards on the trough(no effect).

Looking for any thoughts/recommendations before I try pulling out the entire trough for much closer inspection.

#7372 5 years ago

Remove all balls.
In switch test, wiggle the wires going into the trough and then the detector boards.
Do switches randomly fire? If so, bad idc connector. Replace with crimp on version

#7373 5 years ago

I can't get any of the switches to fire by wiggling any wires(3 ball detect switches and trough jam opto). I can trigger them manually and they all seem fine and consistent. I'm not going to rule out operator error in conducting the test though, as maybe I'm missing something not obvious to me.

#7374 5 years ago

Start a game. Catch the ball in play. Hit the pf not too hard. See if it fires a ball into play.
You may have a switch that needs adjustment.

#7375 5 years ago

Not sure if it's fixed or not, but since I had some time today and never got around to updating the code to 1.62, I went ahead and did that. I had the music mod installed with 1.61 and saw DaveH's baked 1.62 w/music file, so used that. Pinball Gawdz only know how I had one of my better and longer games right after.

The problem hasn't happened after a few games. Not holding my breath, as it was always a bit random, but will just have to see if it happens again at some point.

#7376 5 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Need some troubleshooting advice.
Problem: During normal game play/mode, 2nd ball may be randomly kicked into play, -or- game suddenly acts like ball has drained, even though it hasn't(i.e. flippers go dead, end of ball).
Solution: ?
Tried: Thought balls may have become magnetized(sticking) over time. Put fresh carbon steel balls in, but did not make a difference. Diag doesn't seem to show any issue with trough switches, but not 100% balls aren't getting stuck during game play. Tried reseating some of the connectors to boards on the trough(no effect).
Looking for any thoughts/recommendations before I try pulling out the entire trough for much closer inspection.

100% optic issue with the ball trough, Whitestar and SAM systems both use this same 2 opt.. boards & both my games did this. The opt transmitter and receiver boards. Always intermittent issue, had play until I had a failure with the glass off, grab the ball on failure midgame to diag... found the issue, showed 4 balls where in the trough when there was only 3 while I was holding 1, the optics go wacky over time, buy a few sets for down the road.

https://www.pinballlife.com/opto-transmitter-and-receiver-board-set-for-data-eastsegastern.html

#7377 5 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

100% optic issue with the ball trough, Whitestar and SAM systems both use this same 2 opt.. boards & both my games did this. The opt transmitter and receiver boards. Always intermittent issue, had play until I had a failure with the glass off, grab the ball on failure midgame to diag... found the issue, showed 4 balls where in the trough when there was only 3 while I was holding 1, the optics go wacky over time, buy a few sets for down the road.
https://www.pinballlife.com/opto-transmitter-and-receiver-board-set-for-data-eastsegastern.html

Thanks! Cheap and easy enough of a swap, so might as well.

#7378 5 years ago

Also wanted to ask if anyone knew if it was still possible to buy the warp ramp chase lights kit anywhere. Mezel doesn't seem to have them anymore. Some of the leds have gone out on the one that I have. Wish there was/is a better option. Such a cool effect, but think it could be done better. Not even sure how to go about something like that.

#7379 5 years ago

Joined the club two days ago. Man! What an awesome, flowing, fast, fun pin!

My wife and I had only played it a handful of times over the years, but we remembered liking it. She loves it! Which is awesome because she really had fun on Aerosmith, and so did I, but I didn't want to deal with future mode board failures. Plus ST is much more my style of gameplay.
I have I LOT of catching up to do on this thread. Luckily my HUO Pro had many mods installed: Into Darkness Mirror/Vinyl blades; Bird of Prey LED'd ship; a bunch of cool Mezelmods, mini LCD screen (that I need to configure).

BUT, damn! Hands down the BEST mod I've ever installed on a pin is the custom movie soundtrack! Seriously! Thank you VERY much for everyone involved with making this available. I played two days on original 1.62 code before switching because I wanted to be aware of the difference.

Here's a video I took for anyone who hasn't yet tried it out.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RaKTYw8iF9fyT9fd6

PS: Connect a subwoofer, it sounds incredible!

#7380 5 years ago

I know what you mean. I was able to get get a STLE and it’s going nowhere. So much fun to play.

I know it’s pricey, but slap a color dmd in there. IMO, it’s one of the best ones out there and really enhances the pin.

#7381 5 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Also wanted to ask if anyone knew if it was still possible to buy the warp ramp chase lights kit anywhere. Mezel doesn't seem to have them anymore. Some of the leds have gone out on the one that I have. Wish there was/is a better option. Such a cool effect, but think it could be done better. Not even sure how to go about something like that.

The game I just bought has those chase lights installed, and also has a few sections of the strip out, so only 4 lights are working. I'm looking into finding a replacement strip, they look to be a cheap automotive 12v strip that I'd expect to find with a cigarette lighter adapter on the other end. The effect is very minimal though, but I appreciate every little bit coolness.

Side note, the prior owner also installed the Mezel drop target mod at one point, because I found it broken in half and included in the parts bag he gave me.

#7382 5 years ago

Has anyone installed the SparkyPinball mini LCD screen? Mine came with it installed, but it was never loaded with video. I downloaded movie and have the instructions to configure and load video - and I'll gladly share the file if anyone else wants to try it.

#7383 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The game I just bought has those chase lights installed, and also has a few sections of the strip out, so only 4 lights are working. I'm looking into finding a replacement strip, they look to be a cheap automotive 12v strip that I'd expect to find with a cigarette lighter adapter on the other end. The effect is very minimal though, but I appreciate every little bit coolness.
Side note, the prior owner also installed the Mezel drop target mod at one point, because I found it broken in half and included in the parts bag he gave me.

I've actually had two versions of this mod. The first one I got a long time ago used a different type of led strip than my current one. Both from Mezel. The first one actually died early on and Mezel replaced it with the same one. Eventually that one died as well, but too much time had past so I bought another one. That's when I noticed the new type strip. The blue color was a bit different and wasn't quite as bright as the other ones. It just didn't seem to "pop" as much.

If I knew what parts were needed to make one of my own, I'd probably go for it. Not sure what kind of controller is being used for the pattern, or if it could be salvaged with a new strip. If I could make my own, I'd probably want to put another one on the other side of the ramp to kind of make a tunnel effect. But they would need to run in the same sequence, so not sure if they could run off the same controller with a splitter or something.

#7384 5 years ago

Here's a video I just took showing the mini LCD screen that I mounted over the Beta Quadrant ramp. This mod came with the game, but was not configured and was mounted in another location I didn't prefer.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/VVX8ajHVpMWe4K9E6

I downloaded these two videos from Youtube and converted them for the screen. I prefer the clips slowed down instead of real time since you're never focusing on the screen and slowing it down at least lingers on some cool ships and effects. I wouldn't have bought this on my own, but I think it does look great over the ramp and just adds a little something extra with an LCD screen playing video.

#7385 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Here's a video I just took showing the mini LCD screen that I mounted over the Beta Quadrant ramp. This mod came with the game, but was not configured and was mounted in another location I didn't prefer.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/VVX8ajHVpMWe4K9E6
I downloaded these two videos from Youtube and converted them for the screen. I prefer the clips slowed down instead of real time since you're never focusing on the screen and slowing it down at least lingers on some cool ships and effects. I wouldn't have bought this on my own, but I think it does look great over the ramp and just adds a little something extra with an LCD screen playing video.

Those little screens are cool, I just don't understand the cost.... No one has figured out a way to AliExpress it complete for under $50?

#7386 5 years ago

Those little screens are cool, I just don't understand the cost.... No one has figured out a way to AliExpress it complete for under $50?

To be fair, the game specific mods have game matching bezels/housings. But yeah, these screens are even cheap and accessible on eBay now.

#7387 5 years ago

Enterprise mod, kept the original in place and decided to give a front view top left of the Hallmark version. Put a pico blue above the USS Enterprise, might switch to a nano white. Love this game!

ACDEBBA1-113F-4A7A-B5A6-017E0F830ADD (resized).jpegACDEBBA1-113F-4A7A-B5A6-017E0F830ADD (resized).jpeg
#7388 5 years ago

Are the warp ramp chaser lights always on or just when it's supposed to be shot at for each mode? They look real nice, especially with you enterprise. I'd love to see another pic of that from further away.

#7389 5 years ago

They warp ramp chase lights only come on when you shoot the ball up the warp ramp. They “chase” the ball up the ramp.

#7390 5 years ago

Looks like a cool mod. Is it fairly easy to install? I've had to remove that entire layer of plastics before and it was a pain. I think I had to add a new rivet to the rear plastic.

#7391 5 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Looks like a cool mod. Is it fairly easy to install? I've had to remove that entire layer of plastics before and it was a pain. I think I had to add a new rivet to the rear plastic.

You do have to pop the ship apart on the USS Kelvin and Enterprise mods. There is some soldering on small circuit boards. It was worth $30 or so on the Kelvin and $50 on the Enterprise to me rather than pay $185 to someone else. But if you hate doing models and soldering a bit, it’s probably not worth it. The only way around opening up the Enterprise would be to wire the battery compartment +/- leads to DC and keep the switch somehow always pressed down on top, which I thought about doing but decided it wouldn't be reliable. My mounts on both of the ships are temporary, so I'll clean them up. The asteroid flashers add a cool effect to the little ships as well. Warp LEDs light up in series.

A0DB3762-E269-45B0-9576-ABA837AAC7AA (resized).jpegA0DB3762-E269-45B0-9576-ABA837AAC7AA (resized).jpeg

#7392 5 years ago

As for the LE...

It’s the best Limited edition Stern has ever put out period.

All the features that an LE should have, this game has!

They don’t make em like this anymore...

#7393 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

As for the LE...
It’s the best Limited edition Stern has ever put out period.
All the features that an LE should have, this game has!
They don’t make em like this anymore...

As an LE owner I endorse this message.

#7394 5 years ago

New location for the little screen and I like it in this spot. Doesn't block any view and it's close enough to actually see the video if you look at it. Ramp location looked cool, but did block a little pop area view and was too far away to really see the video clearly.

20190319_155653 (resized).jpg20190319_155653 (resized).jpg
#7395 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

New location for the little screen and I like it in this spot. Doesn't block any view and it's close enough to actually see the video if you look at it. Ramp location looked cool, but did block a little pop area view and was too far away to really see the video clearly.
[quoted image]

Can anyone educate me on how to construct this cheaply? I can spray paint a nine cent plastic surround purple for it....

#7396 5 years ago

Can anyone educate me on how to construct this cheaply? I can spray paint a nine cent plastic surround purple for it....

I'd be interested as well to use on other games. The video file configuration is no problem with the instructions provided on the sparkpinball.com site

It's certainly worth doing as an inexpensive DIY mod, but I wouldn't pay for a finished product.

#7397 5 years ago

The last Star Trek Pros are on the line. Get um now.

#7398 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

The last Star Trek Pros are on the line. Get um now.

Where did you hear this?

#7399 5 years ago

I saw them mention it on a Facebook post. They're going to include a plaque "above the left speaker of the backbox" that says, "Star Trek Pinball 2019: Final Voyage."

#7400 5 years ago
Quoted from gibsonrd:

Has anyone had issues with the orbital gates not opening? Neither gate on my machine is opening. The coils aren't firing in test mode, and I've checked for loose wires but didn't see any. I don't know what to look for next. Any help would be great.

If this happens to anyone in the future, I replaced the gate coils and now the orbits both work. Easy fix.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 217.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/148 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.