Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 216.
#7301 5 years ago

Is there a Stern Star Trek scoring tutorial for video/sheet/thread for 1.61/1.62 out there? I saw Keith Elwin's video which is a playthrough without any information about why he's shooting for certain shots, etc.

#7302 5 years ago

Has anyone had issues with the orbital gates not opening? Neither gate on my machine is opening. The coils aren't firing in test mode, and I've checked for loose wires but didn't see any. I don't know what to look for next. Any help would be great.

#7303 5 years ago
Quoted from gibsonrd:

Has anyone had issues with the orbital gates not opening? Neither gate on my machine is opening. The coils aren't firing in test mode, and I've checked for loose wires but didn't see any. I don't know what to look for next. Any help would be great.

I have to ask it, please dont be upset.

You say the/all (as in all of them) coils are not firing? or just the 1/2 orbit (ONLY) gates in the back?

You are testing with the coin door switch in the correct position right? by pulling switch out in the locked position or closing the door fully to test

#7304 5 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

I have to ask it, please dont be upset.
You say the/all (as in all of them) coils are not firing? or just the 1/2 orbit (ONLY) gates in the back?
You are testing with the coin door switch in the correct position right? by pulling switch out in the locked position or closing the door fully to test

Yes, only the coils for the gates aren't working, the others all fire fine.

#7305 5 years ago

Hi Guys, I thought I would ask the experts here..
I have a Star Trek Vault Premium purchased NIB 2 months ago and I appear to be having a strange problem with the laser motor. If I drain pretty quickly during a Klingon multiball the laser turns off normally but if I get an extended Klingon multiball (lasts more than a minute or two) then the laser motor doesn't turn off and I have to keep opening and closing the coin door until it does turn off, sometimes this doesn't work and even turning off/on the machine the laser motor is still on, it's quite perplexing. I have tried testing the coil in the service menu and it works like it's supposed too (turns the motor on then off).
A little more info on the machine it's a Pinball Refinery one which has the added light bars, which activate with the Klingon multiball and it also has the green laser mod installed. Has anybody else ever heard of this happening? Right now I have disabled the laser motor in the menu because If it runs too long you can smell the motor is getting too hot.

I'm currently waiting on Stern to send a replacement daughter board because the Vengeance ship wouldn't go in to the crash position and when testing the coil it stayed activated and blew out F8 fuse after troubleshooting with with the vendor we figured that it had blown out transistor Q53, so I removed the power for the coil for the Vengeance ship so the game is still playable albeit without the ship moving but everything else is functional while I wait for Stern to send a replacement board (btw it's been a month now it's on back order!)

I would appreciate any help/guidance you could give.
Thanks

#7306 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Exactly this.
Star Trek has a magnet.
Don't use Chromium Balls in magnet based games. N's ball are chromium based; it doesn't matter what he says... They WILL magnetize in these games.
Go back to standard carbon steel.

I have chrome balls in all my pins..

You simply wave a degauss wand over them to demagnetise - just incase anyone was wondering

#7307 5 years ago

I just purchased a ST premium. The production date was April 2016. Can someone please tell me what software version would have been on the pin when brand new? Would it have been 1.61?
Thanks

#7308 5 years ago
Quoted from Brog319:

I just purchased a ST premium. The production date was April 2016. Can someone please tell me what software version would have been on the pin when brand new? Would it have been 1.61?
Thanks

1.61. All you need to do to find out is to go to the Stern site and read the readme for it. That includes the date of all the prior releases:

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/ST_LE_162-readme.txt

#7309 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

1.61. All you need to do to find out is to go to the Stern site and read the readme for it. That includes the date of all the prior releases:
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/ST_LE_162-readme.txt

Perfect, thanks

#7310 5 years ago

Just picked up a Stern Star Trek Pro. I am looking for an alternate translite of the ship with no faces. If you have one to sell let me know. Thanks.

#7311 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Had my best game since getting STLE second time around. I’m not playing any specific strategy but this game was only playing level one missions. Got 3 complete on the first ball and started SJ on second so at that point I got to thinking 4th mode was basically done (even though I had just started it) and of surviving the next 2 modes. Of course I lost both balls without competing SJ.

I swear pinball machines do this on purpose... STDM the first two balls right after the Ball Saver ends, minimal points, then magically ball #3 gives you Best Game Ever™ and you poke deeper into the modes than ever before... or the first ball of the game is smokin' hot and you creep toward the high score table and BAM! #2 and #3 are duds. This is why machines have support for slam tilt.

#7312 5 years ago
Quoted from bwalter:

I swear pinball machines do this on purpose... STDM the first two balls right after the Ball Saver ends, minimal points, then magically ball #3 gives you Best Game Ever™ and you poke deeper into the modes than ever before... or the first ball of the game is smokin' hot and you creep toward the high score table and BAM! #2 and #3 are duds. This is why machines have support for slam tilt.

I think once I get to a point that something is on the line I start to think ahead and loose the focus on the current ball.

I got to Four Winds on Potc just one time and probably lasted less than a minute although it takes 10 good minutes to get there.

#7313 5 years ago

Anyone have any way to get the ball out of the pop bumpers a bit quicker? Possibly replace with a stiffer rubber, etc? I am tired of waiting 15-30 seconds for the ball to exit the pops. It's not hung up on the screw per se, just poppin' around forever up there.

#7314 5 years ago

Do the pops have a power setting in menu?

#7315 5 years ago

Maybe you’re not level, I think my pops are like 4-12 seconds.

#7316 5 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Anyone have any way to get the ball out of the pop bumpers a bit quicker? Possibly replace with a stiffer rubber, etc? I am tired of waiting 15-30 seconds for the ball to exit the pops. It's not hung up on the screw per se, just poppin' around forever up there.

Just gap the leaf switches for the pops a little wider open.

#7317 5 years ago
Quoted from bwalter:

ball #3 gives you Best Game Ever™

Love the TM! LOLed

#7318 5 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Anyone have any way to get the ball out of the pop bumpers a bit quicker?

I live with it. It's a good time to take a slug of whatever you're drinking. Anyway, the nice thing is that it seems none of the timers/countdowns are running while the pops are going.

#7319 5 years ago

Connected a 12V flasher behind the explosion plastic to the Vengeance flasher and l’m liking how it turned out!
Ship mods next.

9184C80C-3374-4607-8607-EB90B14163D3 (resized).jpeg9184C80C-3374-4607-8607-EB90B14163D3 (resized).jpeg39E1262D-7BE9-48C3-95AA-C56B03D02185 (resized).jpeg39E1262D-7BE9-48C3-95AA-C56B03D02185 (resized).jpeg
#7320 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Connected a 12V flasher behind the explosion plastic to the Vengeance flasher and l’m liking how it turned out!
Ship mods next.

Looks good! I like Mezel Mods STAR TREK PINBALL VENGEANCE EXPLOSION.

P1020061 (resized).JPGP1020061 (resized).JPGVengence Explosion2 (resized).jpgVengence Explosion2 (resized).jpg
#7321 5 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s nice too—was trying to figure out how to keep the plastic art the same and not compete with Beatmaster’s beautiful LED ring on Vengrance. May tone it down some more or swap for blue.

#7322 5 years ago

I broke off a screw on the air ball deflector can't remove broken part, can someone tell me what post I need to order?? Post to the right of the picture.

a8d3cef19d4d2a96d453e82e20d6b5124ef2c11e.jpeg (resized).jpga8d3cef19d4d2a96d453e82e20d6b5124ef2c11e.jpeg (resized).jpg

#7323 5 years ago

Haven't posted in quite awhile, but it's been nearly 5 years since I bought my ST Pro(mium). It doesn't look likely that I will successfully complete the 5 year mission in the time allotted, so I have formally requested that Sternfleet extend my trek through the stars indefinitely. I love this pin and will never tire from it. Live long and prosper! \\//

#7324 5 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Haven't posted in quite awhile, but it's been nearly 5 years since I bought my ST Pro(mium). It doesn't look likely that I will successfully complete the 5 year mission in the time allotted, so I have formally requested that Sternfleet extend my trek through the stars indefinitely. I love this pin and will never tire from it. Live long and prosper! \\//

lol

I just got STLE back more fun this time around for some reason. I'm still not great (KM is my goal, maybe EA but will *never* see 5YM).

#7325 5 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

Can you give details on the green ship? I can't find any info on what it is. Thanks.

#7326 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Can you give details on the green ship? I can't find any info on what it is. Thanks.

It's a Hot Wheels, Klingon Bird of Pray

#7327 5 years ago

Zitt has a nice mod for it with LED circuit boards. The USS Kelvin from Hallmark is really high quality as well!

#7328 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Can you give details on the green ship?

I bought it complete with 2 leds & bracket from Mazel. Now they only have the bracket since the toy is hard to find although there is currently one on eBay. My favorite mod is the Vengeance led ring by pinsider beatmaster. I originally thought I wanted the red, but ended up with the blue. Now that I have it I really like the blue.

#7329 5 years ago

Anyone buy the alternate translite on ebay ? The one with the ship without the heads. Does it look good on the pro ? Also does anyone have the Aurich translite they want to sell.

#7330 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Zitt has a nice mod for it with LED circuit boards. The USS Kelvin from Hallmark is really high quality as well!

Thanks, DTS.

Direct link to the Stern Star Trek WingLEDs are here:
http://Pinball-Mods.com/url/94403cb

We also have the Kelvin available:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-uss-kelvin-stadium-leds

#7331 5 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

I bought it complete with 2 leds & bracket from Mazel. Now they only have the bracket since the toy is hard to find although there is currently one on eBay. My favorite mod is the Vengeance led ring by pinsider beatmaster. I originally thought I wanted the red, but ended up with the blue. Now that I have it I really like the blue.

thanks for the kind words.

** as of right now i only have 2 blue and 1 red left, for those interested just pm me. **

#7332 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I broke off a screw on the air ball deflector can't remove broken part, can someone tell me what post I need to order?? Post to the right of the picture.
[quoted image]

Do you need the post or screw or both?

You're service manual tells you EXACTLY what parts you need.

PAGE 57 -> https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Star-Trek-LE-Manual.pdf

DOUBLE CHECK the parts below, but these should be correct.

https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-hex-bumper-post-530-5679-00.html

Screw:

https://www.pinballlife.com/6-32-x-38-pan-screw-with-locking-washer.html

#7333 5 years ago

Do you need the post or screw or both?
You're service manual tells you EXACTLY what parts you need.
PAGE 57 -> https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Star-Trek-LE-Manual.pdf
DOUBLE CHECK the parts below, but these should be correct.
https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-hex-bumper-post-530-5679-00.html
Screw:
https://www.pinballlife.com/6-32-x-38-pan-screw-with-locking-washer.html

both, the screw is broken off in the post.

thanks for the clarification.

#7334 5 years ago

I have a rules question.

super ramps (level one 3 in a row) that's 2x the ramps, will a combo make the ramp 4x points?

3 deep KB ( 2x left ramp) and 4x left ramp on a combo?

KB 3 deep and 3 in a row 'super ramps' would that be 4x left ramp and 8x on combo?

#7335 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Ship mods next.

HIGHLY Recommend you add Warp, Alpha, Beta ramp protectors cliffy, drop target protector cliffy, ball magnet cliffy, ball drain cliffy, ball kickout cliffy, Vuk cliffy, pretty much every Cliffy... otherwise you will regret it.

look at OTRChief pics more closely...

#7336 5 years ago

It would behoove you to follow camcamaro1991 advice on this one!!!

#7337 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

Anyone buy the alternate translite on ebay ? The one with the ship without the heads. Does it look good on the pro ? Also does anyone have the Aurich translite they want to sell.

I have his tl on my pro and it looks like the game should have come with it. That's gonna be HARD to find. Good luck.

#7338 5 years ago

HIGHLY Recommend you add Warp, Alpha, Beta ramp protectors cliffy, drop target protector cliffy, ball magnet cliffy, ball drain cliffy, ball kickout cliffy, Vuk cliffy, pretty much every Cliffy... otherwise you will regret it.
look at OTRChief pics more closely...

Yes, I’ve got them coming! I have a very low play STLE and considered putting a playfield protector on as well but decided not to, but I will install Cliffy’s for sure. Ramp protectors are already on.

#7339 5 years ago

That left VUK Cliffy is a pita to install. I had to remove a bunch of parts. Worth it

#7340 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Yes, I’ve got them coming! I have a very low play STLE and considered putting a playfield protector on as well but decided not to, but I will install Cliffy’s for sure. Ramp protectors are already on.

ok, very good then. might I suggest pinbits protectors and I really like clear ULEK slings & whatever that flipper plastic is called.

#7341 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

That left VUK Cliffy is a pita to install. I had to remove a bunch of parts. Worth it

Yeah, i agree. I created a video four years ago documenting the install of the Cliffy's including the left VUK.

YouTube Video :

Blog Post :

https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2015/12/01/cliffys-protectors-full-install-on-stern-star-trek-prem-shooter-lane-protectors-vengeance-drop-target-lock-hole/

#7342 5 years ago

Do you guys play with the machine set to 3 balls or 5 balls? I've had my NIB ST Pro set to factory settings since I bought it in July 2018. I've been able to complete KM with regularity but I couldn't get to EA. I set the machine to 5 ball last night and completed EA today for the first time (with only 1 extra ball, the one after 3 warps) - what a trip! I've always enjoyed this game but now I've got renewed energy with it by reaching EA. Perhaps 5YM will actually be obtainable at some point for me now...

Am I violating some unwritten rule among pinheads by setting the machine to 5 balls?

#7343 5 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Do you guys play with the machine set to 3 balls or 5 balls? I've had my NIB ST Pro set to factory settings since I bought it in July 2018. I've been able to complete KM with regularity but I couldn't get to EA. I set the machine to 5 ball last night and completed EA today for the first time (with only 1 extra ball, the one after 3 warps) - what a trip! I've always enjoyed this game but now I've got renewed energy with it by reaching EA. Perhaps 5YM will actually be obtainable at some point for me now...
Am I violating some unwritten rule among pinheads by setting the machine to 5 balls?

I set it to 5 ball because I suck... royally.... Didn't look back

#7344 5 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

You are following the most important unwritten rule... Set up YOUR games how YOU like to play them. Everything else is bullshit.

Now personally, I always have all my games on 3 ball except for some EM games. But if I preferred 5, they would be on 5. Congrats getting to EA.

#7345 5 years ago

*I* don't participate in Tournaments. I'm a casual Pinball Player... In fact I prefer to fix them rather than play them most of the time.
Therefore; *I* set my machines to 5 or 6 ball most of the time. For deep rule sets; like STNG and STLE - *I* want to play the missions and enjoy the games. I don't see this changing for me anytime soon.

Unlike some competitive players are are looking to hone skills (or keep that edge); I don't walk up to machine and credit up 4 players. 1 player and done unless I have 3 friends with me.

#7346 5 years ago

I prefer to keep my games set close to factory spec. I'm a pretty competitive player and like to hone my skills.
But that said, I believe that it's your game and you should set it to play however you like. That's why they have configurable settings.
If it's too hard to enjoy, then what's the point?

#7347 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have a rules question.
super ramps (level one 3 in a row) that's 2x the ramps, will a combo make the ramp 4x points?
3 deep KB ( 2x left ramp) and 4x left ramp on a combo?
KB 3 deep and 3 in a row 'super ramps' would that be 4x left ramp and 8x on combo?

In short, no.

I've written a good amount about this in either this thread or the strategy thread, but completing the set doesn't reward a true doubler. It's not nearly as valuable as people think. It is still the optimal strategy though.

#7348 5 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

In short, no.
I've written a good amount about this in either this thread or the strategy thread, but completing the set doesn't reward a true doubler. It's not nearly as valuable as people think. It is still the optimal strategy though.

Thanks for the reply hard to find the old posts, but is it correct to say it’ll double a shot but not quadruple a combo?

I’m going to older thread.

As you may or may not know at one time I was not the biggest fan of the overall code but now that I’m playing it for the second time around I am appreciating it more as a true scoring game. Sometimes wish there was more ****big**** point opportunity but it seems like the biggest points only from medals at KM and EA and 5YM as well as if you could double that and playing the wizard modes.

Seems like the actual modes and Multiballs are fairly tame and level but true that the super shots or combos can juice them up as well as completing more shots.

I did notice there is a menu option that said allow mission to continue after gold is achieved. While that may help if you truly wanted to crush a mode, I think overall it would hurt because harder to advance to KM or deeper levels.

#7349 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks for the reply hard to find the old posts, but is it correct to say it’ll double a shot but not quadruple a combo?

Found it. Starts here and the couple posts that follow.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-strategies-for-the-average-player/page/7#post-3598140

#7350 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Sometimes wish there was more ****big**** point opportunity

Agree

Quoted from rai:

the biggest points only from medals at KM and EA and 5YM

True

Quoted from rai:

allow mission to continue after gold is achieved

I had this on for a while. Mode scores were definitely higher, but not significantly so. You are able to get more value out of the GAT modes but it does slow your progress a bit. I think this would be a good setting for tournament play. I have since turned it off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 63.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 64.99
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/147?hl=mathazar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.