Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 216.
#7251 5 years ago

You should get a Batman 66 if you love ST. It's amazing.

#7252 5 years ago

Just joined the club with our NIB Star Trek Vault Premium. We love it! Don't have a ColorDMD installed yet but we'll get to that soon enough. Great game... all hail Steve Ritchie.

Still looking for a more thorough ruleset out there than what's on http://tiltforums.com/t/star-trek-wiki/456 (ie. what are the launch skill shots, how exactly are "Punch It!"s earned & what exactly do they do in various modes, etc.) but it's still an excellent start.

pin_trio_ST (resized).jpgpin_trio_ST (resized).jpg
#7254 5 years ago

I know the combo shots are 2x points but is there an additional award for multi combos? I got a 5-wat combo the other day.

#7255 5 years ago

I had this issue on my previous STLE and now on this one. I’ll make a galactic shot won’t regerster a hit and the ball will be ejected from shooter lane. The switch test is fine. I just wish the hell machine could tell the ball *is* in the shooter lane just award the GAT how else does the ball end up in the shooter lane?

#7256 5 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Would it be the autoplunger catching the rubber? If so I would guess there is an alignment issue

That is my guess but the auto plunge mech moves so dang fast I can't see what's happening. I was hoping someone else had run into this issue and could point me in the right direction in terms of what to adjust.

#7257 5 years ago
Quoted from bwalter:

Just joined the club with our NIB Star Trek Vault Premium. We love it! Don't have a ColorDMD installed yet but we'll get to that soon enough. Great game... all hail Steve Ritchie.
Still looking for a more thorough ruleset out there than what's on http://tiltforums.com/t/star-trek-wiki/456 (ie. what are the launch skill shots, how exactly are "Punch It!"s earned & what exactly do they do in various modes, etc.) but it's still an excellent start.
[quoted image]

Congrats, Just be sure to add the movie sound track and your are golden. ColorDMD w/LCD w/foam uber nice upgrade and completely worth the extra scratch.

extendo 1.62 version (Norso's music added to new code 1.62 LE, Premium)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/39xqtqzgxtbahze/STLE_162_original_TOS.bin/file

Added over 5 years ago:

Dont use this link, its not a valid version of the game.

#7258 5 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

Congrats, Just be sure to add the movie sound track and your are golden. ColorDMD w/LCD w/foam uber nice upgrade and completely worth the extra scratch.

This is the version that adds the “new” Star Trek movie sound track songs to the pin, right?

#7259 5 years ago

I’m going to check this out too.

#7260 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

This is the version that adds the “new” Star Trek movie sound track songs to the pin, right?

Correct

#7261 5 years ago

Just joined the club this weekend! Custom soundtrack added and feels like an epic journey - Can't wait to get some quality time with it!

IMG_0111 (resized).jpgIMG_0111 (resized).jpg
#7262 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

yes for the Prem/LE, MOVIE MUSIC makes it 10X better

Quoted from rai:

I’m going to check this out too.

Yes please do, I cant even image playing with the stock stern music.

#7263 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I had this issue on my previous STLE and now on this one. I’ll make a galactic shot won’t regerster a hit and the ball will be ejected from shooter lane. The switch test is fine. I just wish the hell machine could tell the ball *is* in the shooter lane just award the GAT how else does the ball end up in the shooter lane?

You qualified the GAT by making at least one mode shot first, right? I've never had mine not work.

#7264 5 years ago

yes for the Prem/LE, MOVIE MUSIC makes it 10X better

Hopefully google doesn’t freak out at this, but, this is the movie soundtrack version with the destruction of the Vengeance music added back in. The first time I destroyed the Vengeance with the regular movie soundtrack I was disappointed. So I added it in.

This is mostly NOT my work. Whoever did the movie soundtrack work did a fantastic job. This is all their work. All I did was tweak one thing I didn’t like. The Pro version is PG-13 because I added some swear words into the tilt and match sequences. The LE version is just the Vengeance change back to the original from Stern.

Pro: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZF4UYFXvdGoo6Zh-WMmjqnbDmsUn_iZH/view?usp=sharing

LE: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M2HWDkx1gyTcLqTd0MIdbneQAy6klnus/view?usp=sharing

Added over 5 years ago:

Whoops. That LE version I posted is the wrong version. New one will be posted within the next day or two.

#7265 5 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

You qualified the GAT by making at least one mode shot first, right? I've never had mine not work.

Yes.

#7266 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Hopefully google doesn’t freak out at this, but, this is the movie soundtrack version with the destruction of the Vengeance music added back in. The first time I destroyed the Vengeance with the regular movie soundtrack I was disappointed. So I added it in.
This is mostly NOT my work. Whoever did the movie soundtrack work did a fantastic job. This is all their work. All I did was tweak one thing I didn’t like. The Pro version is PG-13 because I added some swear words into the tilt and match sequences. The LE version is just the Vengeance change back to the original from Stern.
Pro: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZF4UYFXvdGoo6Zh-WMmjqnbDmsUn_iZH/view?usp=sharing
LE: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M2HWDkx1gyTcLqTd0MIdbneQAy6klnus/view?usp=sharing

Do you happen to remember the location name/number of the clips you changed? I just wanted to do a side by side compare before I potentially change

#7267 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Did you change the music back on the Victory Laps? That was the only Stern music I liked better than the movie music.

#7268 5 years ago
Quoted from bwalter:

[quoted image]

Nice! What is the difference from the vault premium and the premium?

#7269 5 years ago

I don’t think anything different just another run of pins, not sure why it’s called a Vault.

Just glad that Stern is able to sell these older titles even though they are not the hot topic anymore.

#7270 5 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Do you happen to remember the location name/number of the clips you changed? I just wanted to do a side by side compare before I potentially change

Quoted from OTRChief:

Did you change the music back on the Victory Laps? That was the only Stern music I liked better than the movie music.

The main change is 41. This is played right after you destroy the Vengeance. Da da da DAH! Da da da DAH! Da da da Dah Dah Dah Dah Dah. It is a 45 second clip that Stern (and Steve along with David Thiel) did better than any replacement. The pro version has a few other changes like a tilt sound from Walking Dead (one of my favorites), and Kirk yelling “Holy S@#t” for one of the tilts, and the match where he is there with two alien women. But I don’t remember which sound number those were.

And the big reason I like the Vengeance destruction music is in one of the “making of” videos where Steve is talking to (I think) David and singing out the crescendo of music he wants to play at that moment.

And again, everything else here was the movie soundtrack version someone else did a fantastic job on. That’s not my work. I don’t want anyone to think I’d take credit for their great work. I just made a small tweak back to the original sound I downloaded from Stern in this spot. I think the movie soundtrack work was awesome.

#7271 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

The main change is 41. This is played right after you destroy the Vengeance. Da da da DAH! Da da da DAH! Da da da Dah Dah Dah Dah Dah. It is a 45 second clip that Stern (and Steve along with David Thiel) did better than any replacement. The pro version has a few other changes like a tilt sound from Walking Dead (one of my favorites), and Kirk yelling “Holy S@#t” for one of the tilts, and the match where he is there with two alien women. But I don’t remember which sound number those were.
And the big reason I like the Vengeance destruction music is in one of the “making of” videos where Steve is talking to (I think) David and singing out the crescendo of music he wants to play at that moment.
And again, everything else here was the movie soundtrack version someone else did a fantastic job on. That’s not my work. I don’t want anyone to think I’d take credit for their great work. I just made a small tweak back to the original sound I downloaded from Stern in this spot. I think the movie soundtrack work was awesome.

I installed DaveH's soundtrack - great job with the tweaks to the already-amazing work that was put in to get this up and running.

#7272 5 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

I installed DaveH's soundtrack - great job with the tweaks to the already-amazing work that was put in to get this up and running.

I have no idea how to install this but would like to give it a try. Could someone please point this SAM newbie in the right direction?

#7273 5 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I have no idea how to install this but would like to give it a try. Could someone please point this SAM newbie in the right direction?

#7274 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

. . . The pro version has a few other changes like a tilt sound from Walking Dead (one of my favorites), . . .

I think that EVERY pin should have the tilt sound from TWD. Love it.

#7275 5 years ago

What is the tilt sound from TWD? I haven't heard it before.

#7276 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

It's the standard tilt warning sound from The Walking Dead pinball machine. It is one of the sounds that was in the CDC at the end of season one of the show, and a perfect tilt sound (IMHO).

#7277 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Get out there and shake a TWD. You'll see . . .

#7278 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Dave I just pulled the LE listed ^, file its the stock bin file no movie music, (listened to them side by side, your link vs movie music). You might have the wrong bin file. What script name is for the vengeance are you referring to? Also it doesn't make any sense nobody would have modified the game sound effects, vengeance destroyed mode. but its easily fixed.

#7279 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Get out there and shake a TWD. You'll see . . .

crwjumper, you can just pull the sound from the TWD and add it to your other pins, super easy. the "nuclear/self distruct" sound right

time stamp 0:41

#7280 5 years ago

Dave I just pulled the LE listed ^, file its the stock bin file no movie music, (listened to them side by side, your link vs movie music). You might have the wrong bin file. What script name is for the vengeance are you referring to? Also it doesn't make any sense nobody would have modified the game sound effects, vengeance destroyed mode. but its easily fixed.

Whoops! That’s a special LE version from The Original Series I did for someone with the Vengeance music. I uploaded the wrong one. I’ll fix that tomorrow night and get it up online. Thanks for letting me know. I’m going to delete that link.

#7281 5 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Hmmmmm, you'll have to come over and do my Pro.

#7282 5 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Nice! What is the difference from the vault premium and the premium?

I actually talked to Stern about this via email, and they stated there was no difference in production between the Vault Premium and the original run.

I had reached out to Stern directly because their own website's page for Star Trek Vault Premium showed a different kick-out for the left side lock, in multiple images, and so I thought perhaps that was changed for the Vault edition. Turns out those photos were of a non-production unit and needed to be removed.

They're still there, now, however, and you can see them here:

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/StarTrek-LE-Detail-04.png
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/StarTrek-LE-Detail-09.png
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/StarTrek-LE-Detail-02.png

(My Vault Premium was built in November 2018 and has the original vertical half-loop kick-out like all the production Premiums out there.)

#7283 5 years ago

Got the vengeance mod and color dmd, fantastic! I knew color dmd was good on this game, but wasn’t prepared for this level of great. These mods are expensive but worth it!

7F2A4ABA-A6DE-46D1-96C6-AA3DB0EFF663 (resized).jpeg7F2A4ABA-A6DE-46D1-96C6-AA3DB0EFF663 (resized).jpeg8BC3A235-C09D-4EB3-83F0-0C0A9A9F627D (resized).jpeg8BC3A235-C09D-4EB3-83F0-0C0A9A9F627D (resized).jpeg
#7284 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Got the vengeance mod and color dmd, fantastic! I knew color dmd was good on this game, but wasn’t prepared for this level of great. These mods are expensive but worth it![quoted image][quoted image]

ColorDMD is always worth it, best mod to date for any DMD machine. I am more of a DOTXL guy, I tried HI-RES but always need up on DOTXL.

Make sure you get your Cliffys for the ramps and vuks, and shooter lane, drain, pop up target, and magnet, I know its a lot but if you dont trust me you'll regret it! in-fact I would stop playing until I got the ramp protectors. Including the warp ramp. You have to email him to order them.

I use ULEK for the slings and out-lane plastics (his acrylic is seriously good) pinbits for the most the other protectors

#7285 5 years ago
Quoted from bwalter:

I actually talked to Stern about this via email, and they stated there was no difference in production between the Vault Premium and the original run.
I had reached out to Stern directly because their own website's page for Star Trek Vault Premium showed a different kick-out for the left side lock, in multiple images, and so I thought perhaps that was changed for the Vault edition. Turns out those photos were of a non-production unit and needed to be removed.
They're still there, now, however, and you can see them here:
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/StarTrek-LE-Detail-04.png
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/StarTrek-LE-Detail-09.png
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/StarTrek-LE-Detail-02.png
(My Vault Premium was built in November 2018 and has the original vertical half-loop kick-out like all the production Premiums out there.)

Did they say why they are not using that style kick out shown in those photos?

#7286 5 years ago

I deff agree with getting those protectors immediately!!!
Also those pop caps from Zitt if your up for it. A little work to get them installed but way worth it!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#7287 5 years ago

No.
Those popcaps are mine and are available on our site.

#7288 5 years ago

My apologies Zitt
Corrected!

#7289 5 years ago

yup Zitt pop bumpers are super nice, and break up the all blue right rear of the machine.

however I did upgrade my LED, needed more pop! btw the LED's are color matched to the colored acrylic, found that only using white led's didn't saturate the color enough for me.

pop1 (resized).JPGpop1 (resized).JPG

poplight1 (resized).JPGpoplight1 (resized).JPGpoplight2 (resized).JPGpoplight2 (resized).JPG

#7290 5 years ago

I'm surprised that worked.
On mine; the GI litterly freaks out if I put anything more than the 4smd in more than two pops.

Try flipping that Yellow undercap. It should sit flush with the sides of the popcap.
If it still doesn't work take a Dremel or drill bit to the holes on the plastic so you can move it into proper alignment.

#7291 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I'm surprised that worked.
On mine; the GI litterly freaks out if I put anything more than the 4smd in more than two pops.
Try flipping that Yellow undercap. It should sit flush with the sides of the popcap.
If it still doesn't work take a Dremel or drill bit to the holes on the plastic so you can move it into proper alignment.

I did, its an old pic lol

#7292 5 years ago

Back in the club for the third time! LE incoming.

#7293 5 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Back in the club for the third time! LE incoming.

An LE? Yeah I can see why your back. Super jealous.

#7294 5 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Did they say why they are not using that style kick out shown in those photos?

No, they did not. I wouldn't really expect them to.

My guess? They took the marketing photos with a prototype late in development but before a point when it was decided the kickout into the left orbit "Warp" ramp wasn't reliable, and added the vertical half-loop kick-out as an 11th-hour fix. The production kick-out isn't 100% reliable, as is well-known, and the plastics/decals around it don't really blend into the overall style of the design, either... it all smacks of something that wasn't fully-baked.

#7295 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Added 2 days ago: Whoops. That LE version I posted is the wrong version. New one will be posted within the next day or two.

Going to try your version

20190221_164641.jpg20190221_164641.jpg
#7296 5 years ago

Prem/LE, Sorry guys this is the correct 1.62 with movie music

http://www.mediafire.com/file/s4j67a163in7spa/Edited_with_162_movie_sounds.rar/file

(.rar is basically a zip file, so unzip it to bin file)

DaveH if you could list the sound script file name & time stamp that is missing for the vengeance sound.

for some history, here is the Stern ST 1.62 new code thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-162/

#7297 5 years ago

Prem/LE, Sorry guys this is the correct 1.62 with movie music
http://www.mediafire.com/file/s4j67a163in7spa/Edited_with_162_movie_sounds.rar/file
(.rar is basically a zip file, so unzip it to bin file)
DaveH if you could list the sound script file name & time stamp that is missing for the vengeance sound.
for some history, here is the Stern ST 1.62 new code thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-162/

Would it be possible to post a link to a bin file or a standard zip file? rar seems to be a special format (created by WinZip?) which requires installing 3rd party extraction software? I understand that there are some free options out there, but the potential security risk is not worth the reward for me....

#7298 5 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Would it be possible to post a link to a bin file or a standard zip file? rar seems to be a special format (created by WinZip?) which requires installing 3rd party extraction software? I understand that there are some free options out there, but the potential security risk is not worth the reward for me....

7-zip is your answer. https://www.7-zip.org/

EDIT:

Here - I unzipped (unrar'd?) the file and dumped it into my Google Drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JlJtDM8Jy3lIK9SpF4FRF1NLwWLLxuBh/view?usp=sharing

Please make sure to verify the image is correct using the built-in software on the pin. This isn't my creation, nor can I help you if the software is incorrect.

#7299 5 years ago

Had my best game since getting STLE second time around. I’m not playing any specific strategy but this game was only playing level one missions. Got 3 complete on the first ball and started SJ on second so at that point I got to thinking 4th mode was basically done (even though I had just started it) and of surviving the next 2 modes. Of course I lost both balls without competing SJ.

#7300 5 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

7-zip is your answer. https://www.7-zip.org/
Here - I unzipped (unrar'd?) the file and dumped it into my Google Drive.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JlJtDM8Jy3lIK9SpF4FRF1NLwWLLxuBh/view?usp=sharing

Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/146?hl=otrchief and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.