Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 216.
#7201 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Welcome to the club, I have a Promium. Please consider my mod in the future.

What mod are you making?

#7202 5 years ago

anyone have the blue led die from the vengeance ship before?
need to get one ,as only have 2 out of the 3 working

edit
found the culprite, broken wire

#7204 5 years ago

Picked up a ST Pro a couple weeks ago and the upper flipper is weak. It has enough power to get the ball up the side ramp, but is easy to push back with the button engaged. From the research I have done, it seems like a Q12 transistor is the culprit. Is this the correct transistor to put in? https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=stern+transistor+q16

Thanks for the help!

#7205 5 years ago

Ok, I've been playing this one quite a bit lately and I have a question about it. Popping into the owners page instead of making a new thread.

Why are we shooting the enterprise again? Shouldn't it be a Klingon ship or something?

#7206 5 years ago

That is not the Enterprise. It is the USS Vengeance it is a Dreadnought warship. Only one of it's kind, designed by Khan.

#7207 5 years ago

Ah! Ok. It makes more sense now. Thanks

#7208 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Ah! Ok. It makes more sense now. Thanks

Watch the first 2 movies, then it all makes sense.

#7209 5 years ago

I have, but I've slept several times since then.

#7210 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

It makes more sense now

No problem. Star Trek takes precedence over Star Wars for me, but love all the movies.

#7211 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

No problem. Star Trek takes precedence over Star Wars for me, but love all the movies.

This is exactly how I feel. I love both franchises, but Star Trek takes the edge.

#7212 5 years ago

I have had a Stern ST premium for a few months now and love it. So does my 8-year old boy and his buddies. I am wondering if there's a way to toggle the machine into a tournament mode or something so that when the kids play they are playing against their own high scores rather than my considerably (and for them totally unreachable) higher scores. The kids really like putting their names up on the machine but so far that's usually meant wiping the scores to make it more enjoyable for them. Suggestions?

#7213 5 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I have had a Stern ST premium for a few months now and love it. So does my 8-year old boy and his buddies. I am wondering if there's a way to toggle the machine into a tournament mode or something so that when the kids play they are playing against their own high scores rather than my considerably (and for them totally unreachable) higher scores. The kids really like putting their names up on the machine but so far that's usually meant wiping the scores to make it more enjoyable for them. Suggestions?

Unfortunately, I don't think there's any way to do what your're asking other than wiping the scores. Until pinball is integrated into the internet (which, according to George Gomez, will be fairly soon) I don' think we're likely to see anything like player profiles.

Until then, I would recommend keeping up with your personal high scores on the Pindigo app. It is kinda like Instagram for pinball scores and can be downloaded on iOS and Android devices. It will also give you numerous analytics and allow you to share your scores, follow others, etc.

#7214 5 years ago

I use this:

https://iscored.info/

That way when my buddies come over, they feel like they can have their own high score too Developed by a Pinsider (former?)

#7215 5 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Unfortunately, I don't think there's any way to do what your're asking other than wiping the scores. Until pinball is integrated into the internet (which, according to George Gomez, will be fairly soon) I don' think we're likely to see anything like player profiles.
Until then, I would recommend keeping up with your personal high scores on the Pindigo app. It is kinda like Instagram for pinball scores and can be downloaded on iOS and Android devices. It will also give you numerous analytics and allow you to share your scores, follow others, etc.

Quoted from jesperpark:

I use this:
https://iscored.info/
That way when my buddies come over, they feel like they can have their own high score too Developed by a Pinsider (former?)

Thanks guys. I do use iscored both for myself and the kids. For the little ones, it's not nearly as exciting as putting your name up on the machine. I'll keep resetting it for them when high score #4 climbs out of their reach.

#7216 5 years ago

Another thought is you could use Pinball Browser, then you can enter in new lower scores for the kiddies, upload the altered game code to the machine. Then put your scores back in afterwards

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images

#7217 5 years ago

I have a board with 'Best Guest' scores for my machines, so they have something to play towards. Perhaps that is a workaround? Similar to one of these..

1509009-0817[5] (resized).jpg1509009-0817[5] (resized).jpg
#7218 5 years ago

Thanks guys. I do use iscored both for myself and the kids. For the little ones, it's not nearly as exciting as putting your name up on the machine. I'll keep resetting it for them when high score #4 climbs out of their reach.

Can't you just install a Tournament button? On Star Trek, the spot for it is right below the start button. Setup and run a long tournament, and then just have the kids start games from the tournament button rather than the start button. I did that one year on my Tron to have a Thanksgiving tournament for family. The button is cheap, and there end up being two score tables (one standard, one for the tournament). I think this is the exact solution you are looking for. Just be sure to setup a REALLY LONG tournament. Or a short one so they can keep putting their names in.

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-tournament-button-and-switch-assembly-cabinet-mounting.html

Remove the plug, pop this in, connect the wires, and you are off and running. The tournament setup takes a little bit to understand in the setup, but it isn't crazy. Do it for the children

#7219 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Can't you just install a Tournament button? On Star Trek, the spot for it is right below the start button. Setup and run a long tournament, and then just have the kids start games from the tournament button rather than the start button. I did that one year on my Tron to have a Thanksgiving tournament for family. The button is cheap, and there end up being two score tables (one standard, one for the tournament). I think this is the exact solution you are looking for. Just be sure to setup a REALLY LONG tournament. Or a short one so they can keep putting their names in.
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-tournament-button-and-switch-assembly-cabinet-mounting.html
Remove the plug, pop this in, connect the wires, and you are off and running. The tournament setup takes a little bit to understand in the setup, but it isn't crazy. Do it for the children

Aha! That sounds like a perfect solution. Thank you.

#7220 5 years ago

Are there any sound mods for this pin, like cleland etc? Or is the default sound, music, etc the best?

#7221 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Are there any sound mods for this pin, like cleland etc? Or is the default sound, music, etc the best?

There is one with the movie soundtrack floating around here.

#7222 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-all-music-replaced-with-music-from-movie-video

#7224 5 years ago

Just joined with a stern ST pro !

#7225 5 years ago
Quoted from davkonw:

Just joined with a stern ST pro !

Welcome to the club, I have a Pro also.

#7226 5 years ago

About to get a NIB Premium Vault. In May.

#7227 5 years ago

Not sure if this has been brought up but does anyone else have an issue with the ball trough? The balls would not all register and at times it was kicking out 2 balls into the shooter lane. Mine is a pro Vault on a few weeks old. It seems like balls would get stuck in the jam position and at times just not register all the balls. I adjusted the 3 micro switch levers and actually put a drop of lube on the rollers also. It all just seems very rough and dry. Seemed to work but got one more stuck ball then I just pulled the whole thing and cleaned and waxed the whole trough. That seems to have fixed the it for now but I just went and grabbed some more metal polish and I'm going to polish the inside of the trough and then wax it again. Hopefully that cure the issues cause the balls just seem to not be able to fall back in place if the first one moves ever so slightly up they would just not be able to roll back.

20190210_152409 (resized).jpg20190210_152409 (resized).jpg
#7228 5 years ago

Just wondering if they are the right size balls.

#7229 5 years ago

They are Ball Baron Ninja balls. They seem to be fine everywhere else but I could try some regular Marco balls I have plenty of new ones of those.

#7230 5 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

They are Ball Baron Ninja balls. They seem to be fine everywhere else but I could try some regular Marco balls I have plenty of new ones of those.

Those balls will magnetize. You need to get the carbon ones or some other companies balls meant to be used with games with magnets.

#7231 5 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Those balls will magnetize. You need to get the carbon ones or some other companies balls meant to be used with games with magnets.

Exactly this.
Star Trek has a magnet.
Don't use Chromium Balls in magnet based games. N's ball are chromium based; it doesn't matter what he says... They WILL magnetize in these games.
Go back to standard carbon steel.

#7232 5 years ago

Ok just saw that on the website also, I'll swap those balls out. After the the cleaning and wax of the though it hasn't had any more issues but I'll still swap them out. Actually just broke my GC score on it.

Thanks for the heads up guys

#7233 5 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Ok just saw that on the website also, I'll swap those balls out. After the the cleaning and wax of the though it hasn't had any more issues but I'll still swap them out. Actually just broke my GC score on it.
Thanks for the heads up guys

I used those in my SM and had all sorts of issues with them registering in the trough. Went back to normal pinballs and haven't had a problem since. I only used the Ninja balls in non magnet games like IMDN.

#7234 5 years ago

Ordered a vault ST Premium, will pick up at MGC in april!

#7235 5 years ago

I’m about to rejoin the club with purchase of STLE but the ice storm is complicating delivery.

I wanted to see if someone to explain the rules to the top two wizard modes.

EA and 5YM?

Thanks

Instead of a gameroom pic here’s my ice lawn picture.
C3F9DCF3-BCC7-4765-97E4-2970AE87BF64 (resized).jpegC3F9DCF3-BCC7-4765-97E4-2970AE87BF64 (resized).jpeg

#7236 5 years ago

I’m in, amazing game!

1AF13C26-1CB2-42A8-AE37-C55869460FA0 (resized).jpeg1AF13C26-1CB2-42A8-AE37-C55869460FA0 (resized).jpeg
#7237 5 years ago

Can someone tell me what differences are between premium and Le?

Obviously the blue armor and lighted side rails on the le but anything else to justify the extra 2k?

#7238 5 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

Obviously the blue armor and lighted side rails on the le but anything else to justify the extra 2k?

http://pinballstore.tripod.com/star-trek-features.html

#7239 5 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

Mirrored Backglass is the only other major thing.

#7240 5 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Mirrored Backglass is the only other major thing.

Laser cut illuminated side armor
metal speaker pannel
illuminate emblems on the cabinet head

shaker motor

you can see the top exterior features below

7 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg104 (resized).jpg104 (resized).jpg

#7241 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Laser cut illuminated side armor
shaker motor
metal speaker pannel
illuminate emblems on the cabinet head

These and it is one of the best looking LEs Stern has ever made. The art is excellent. I decided to go huo LE over a huo Pre or nib Vault , because I love the way it looks. No regrets, it's fantastic! I'd be happy with the Vault Pre as well, and considered doing a laser mod on the Pro.

#7242 5 years ago

Whatever you decide go with get the color DMD you won't regret it!

#7243 5 years ago

Thanks everyone for all the responses. They help!

#7244 5 years ago

I was watching the wizard video and that seems so bla. I mean at least what I see was just a wizard that is hit each lit shot for jackpot and no animation or anything particular to make the modes stand out. I mean there was intro video and the medal count but the actual mode was noting. I don't mean like I'm going to get there often but wish it was a bit more to look forward to.

#7245 5 years ago

Second time around for STLE, the color DMD is amazing.

88CC7B8E-5201-41C6-B280-B1E7DECCCE73 (resized).jpeg88CC7B8E-5201-41C6-B280-B1E7DECCCE73 (resized).jpeg

#7246 5 years ago

My ST premium is chewing up shooter rod tips. Has anyone else run into this / have a solution?

#7247 5 years ago

My ST premium is chewing up shooter rod tips. Has anyone else run into this / have a solution?

Would it be the autoplunger catching the tip? If so I would guess something is out of alignment on the autoplunger

#7248 5 years ago

Would it be the autoplunger catching the rubber? If so I would guess there is an alignment issue

#7249 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Second time around for STLE, the color DMD is amazing.
[quoted image]

I've bought, sold and re-bought ST too. Really missed it when it was gone!

#7250 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I've bought, sold and re-bought ST too. Really missed it when it was gone!

Only other game I bought twice is SM.

I’m really digging the combo action.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/145?hl=jesperpark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.