Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 216.
#7051 5 years ago

I think it made a huge difference! Even the sub almost vibrates the cab. You hear more highs sounds as well. And I am high tone def!

#7052 5 years ago

External sub = night and day difference. Cheap and easy...

#7053 5 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I have heard people say that the flipper fidelity speakers don't make much difference? What do you think?

Have heard the same...

#7054 5 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

External sub = night and day difference. Cheap and easy...

and even better with the Pinovators sub connector.

#7055 5 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I have heard people say that the flipper fidelity speakers don't make much difference? What do you think?

I put them in my LOTR and it made a huge difference. I can hear more of the dialog than before and the quality is better.

#7056 5 years ago

I think the ST speakers are newer design and are OK to my ears.

#7057 5 years ago

I'm sure this was asked before somewhere but can you put the blackout mod the ST pro?

#7058 5 years ago

No. Blackout requires laser motor which is only on premium or le.

#7059 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

No. Blackout requires laser motor which is only on premium or le.

Thanks for the reply.

#7060 5 years ago
Quoted from PinRush72:

Thanks for the reply.

To be specific. The Pro code doesn't wiggle the appropriate transistor to turn the laser motor on. As a result; none of the blackout mods which attach to the laser motor will work properly.

Someone who had "patch ability" to the Pro code could -in-theory- toggle that transistor on a Pro... but I'm not aware of anyone whom has tried to accomplish it. Pinball Browser doesn't seem to have that level of granularity.

#7061 5 years ago

Finally got to Enterprise Amok last night! Told myself at work "today was the day!"

I have mine setup pretty tough with largest outlane gaps and no rubbers with a tight tilt

entered with 375 mil, was so excited didnt do much and drained right after it finished with 407, didnt even get on my board lol

Some cool call outs and video! Hopefully I can make it there more often, been a few shots away a dozen or so times and always crapped out.

20180912_180025 (resized).jpg20180912_180025 (resized).jpg

#7062 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Finally got to Enterprise Amok last night! Told myself at work "today was the day!"

Congrats! That is an awesome achievement.

I don't have as much love for my ST as I used to, but it can still definitely get the heart pumping. Mainly before getting to the wizard modes. This past weekend I bricked the final shot of SJ3 which would have qualified 5YM as I had completed everything else. I've made it there a couple of times before, but I was still super sad. My wife was in the room and was making fun of me because I was putting in my initials for the GC while sulking.

Congrats again. I'm willing to bet very few people here have made it to EA.

#7063 5 years ago

Just wanted to show off my finished work of art. It is complete with custom graphics of every sort even down to the spinner decal, made just for me by one of pinside's own. All the lights were switched over to color matched comet LEDs, shaker, color dmd, cliffys, the works. What a super sweet pin. Shes a keeper.

20180916_133729 (resized).jpg20180916_133729 (resized).jpg

#7065 5 years ago

Now change that Blue T molding to Black, trust me...

As for the decals, if those are not Aurich's then they are "Heavily Inspired" by Aurich's decals

#7066 5 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Now change that Blue T molding to Black, trust me...
As for the decals, if those are not Aurich's then they are "Heavily Inspired" by Aurich's decals

My thoughts exactly, either way they look great.

1 week later
#7067 5 years ago

I notice some of my “Special” inserts on my Bally Star Trek are white. This doesnt seems normal..
11B7488A-AC00-4A81-82C7-51A9626101F7 (resized).jpeg11B7488A-AC00-4A81-82C7-51A9626101F7 (resized).jpegD7B45AA0-22B9-4FF6-AA78-E2C18AFCEDBE (resized).jpegD7B45AA0-22B9-4FF6-AA78-E2C18AFCEDBE (resized).jpeg

320AB398-A4A9-4444-AD67-87BDF7DC58E8 (resized).jpeg320AB398-A4A9-4444-AD67-87BDF7DC58E8 (resized).jpeg
#7068 5 years ago

I've seen it both ways.
I think bally used whatever they had on hand to build games.

#7069 5 years ago

Yea someone pointed it out to me when I got my Star Trek CPR reproduction playfield. It seems their may be 3 different variants of the playfield inserts but I think most were like the one in my game which you can see in my video. The CPR reproduction is just like yours which has white inserts where my original has yellow BALLY inserts on the saucer and one red and one white on the out lane inserts. I show the difference in my video near the end. I really need to install my new playfield.

#7070 5 years ago

Have had my ST Pro(mium) for 4 years now. Love this pin so damn much. I will never tire of it. Haven't been around these parts in awhile. Best owners group. Love you guys!

"You drunk?"

maybe...

gonna regret this in the morn.

#7071 5 years ago

folks
me and a buddy have Premiums and both seeing auto launch problems, like its getting weaker - anyone seen this- got a fix?

#7072 5 years ago

take to local powdercoating shop under $200 usually!

#7073 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

both seeing auto launch problems, like its getting weaker - anyone seen this- got a fix?

I'm guessing it's not centered, imparting little kentic energy into the ball. Check to make sure the launcher is square on the ball.

#7074 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

folks
me and a buddy have Premiums and both seeing auto launch problems, like its getting weaker - anyone seen this- got a fix?

I had to replace the plastic O-rings, located under the play field on the plunger mechanism. I think there is one on each side of the plunger and they are small, like 1/8”.

2 weeks later
#7075 5 years ago

I'm having some lighting issues with the center board on my premium. Found another recent thread so I joined in there, but figured I would put out the distress call to the club.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-prem-center-smd-array-issue#post-4644389

Quoted from ectobar:

I've also just recently started having lighting issues on my Pre.

My center board is doing almost the same thing. Does not light up at power on, but after a couple minutes of play, the lights come on but not at full brightness. Power issue perhaps? Anyone else encounter this? I'm hoping there's a solution that isn't buying new boards. Marco has some of them in stock, but they start at about $60
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/GX3025?S_CAT1=ELEC

#7076 5 years ago

Maybe a connection problem?

#7077 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Maybe a connection problem?

First thing I did was reseat the connections. I think I'll try a different cable altogether next.

#7078 5 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

Anyone interested in this laser cutter stainless steel speaker panels
price ist 85$ shipping up to 3 pieces for 20$

[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from kapsreiter:

Anyone interested in this laser cutter stainless steel speaker panels
price ist 141$ shipping in a wood box to prevent bending

if you are interested, send me a pm asap

tom

1 week later
#7079 5 years ago

Hello.
I am looking to possibly join the club this month with a STTNG. I know these machines are notorious to upkeep.
1. What known issues would you recommend I keep an eye out for?
2. How much money would you expect to pay for one these days?
Thanks so much.

#7080 5 years ago

1. Optos, guns, boards.
2. $5k +/-$1k depending on condition.

#7081 5 years ago

The tng I'm interested in has the silly roms installed.
1. Does anyone have a link to where I can listen to the silly set?
2. How hard is it to change back? Just a straight swap?
3. How difficult is the cleaning of the subway?
Thanks. Hopefully I'll be a member shortly

#7082 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You can disable them in the options from what I remember. There are also a few that are not in the normal roms, such as Picard call out after you have had a good run in the final frontier. I have them all extracted somewhere as I made changes when I converted to pinsound - if you can't find them (there was a video on youtube with them all) let me know and Ill see if I can put something together.

#7083 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoak:

You can disable them in the options from what I remember. There are also a few that are not in the normal roms, such as Picard call out after you have had a good run in the final frontier. I have them all extracted somewhere as I made changes when I converted to pinsound - if you can't find them (there was a video on youtube with them all) let me know and Ill see if I can put something together.

Thanks. I searched YouTube before I posted asking pinside. No luck. If you still have them I really appreciate it. Im surprised there is a way to change the setting for the silly mod. I figured you either have or installed or the original roms.
The game is a 5hr drive away so I cant just play it a few times then make up my mind. If I'm driving there, I'm coming home with a game.

#7084 5 years ago

I'm not saying you're not welcome, but y'all might want to take things to the STTNG owners thread at https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-owners-club/

I *think* this one is for Stern ST. No matter to me. Just trying to help. They're both great machines!

#7085 5 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

I'm not saying you're not welcome, but y'all might want to take things to the STTNG owners thread at https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-owners-club/
I *think* this one is for Stern ST. No matter to me. Just trying to help. They're both great machines!

I guess you did not read the first post in this thread.

"Hello Trekkie's and Star Trek Pinball Collectors.
That's right! A club for all 6 (Star Trek Pinball)!
You need to own at least "one" of the following to be in the club:
------------------------------------------------------------
Star Trek: The Next Generation: Williams, 1993
Star Trek: Data East, 1991
Star Trek: Bally, 1978
Star Trek: Gottlieb, 1971
Star Trek: Stern 2013
STAR TREK: THE MIRROR UNIVERSE
Make It So,
Captain Jean-Luc Picard"

#7086 5 years ago

Dang, beat me to it!

#7087 5 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

Guilty. (hangs head in shame)

#7088 5 years ago

It,s alright we forgive you

#7089 5 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

"Hello Trekkie's and Star Trek Pinball Collectors.
That's right! A club for all 6 (Star Trek Pinball)!
You need to own at least "one" of the following to be in the club:
------------------------------------------------------------
Star Trek: The Next Generation: Williams, 1993
Star Trek: Data East, 1991
Star Trek: Bally, 1978
Star Trek: Gottlieb, 1971
Star Trek: Stern 2013
STAR TREK: THE MIRROR UNIVERSE
Make It So,
Captain Jean-Luc Picard"

Okay reading these "rules" I qualify as I own 2 of these titles, however scottslash does not even one 1 of these games, unless however he has not updated his "owned" list. That sir makes you double out of order

#7090 5 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

scottslash does not even one of these games

I did a temporary swap with a friend. My TSPP for his ST Premium. Love this game.

#7091 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

The tng I'm interested in has the silly roms installed.
2. How hard is it to change back? Just a straight swap?
3. How difficult is the cleaning of the subway?
Thanks. Hopefully I'll be a member shortly

I think this video has the special sound ROMs installed.

#7092 5 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

I think this video has the special sound ROMs installed.

This is an example of the "funny" sounds

The end game call at 7:42 is one additional call outs I was talking about above.

#7093 5 years ago

does the vengeance mod go lights facing up or down?

#7094 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

does the vengeance mod go lights facing up or down?

hi, facing down.

** new batch will be ready this coming week **

#7095 5 years ago

So after 3 years of owning my ST Pro with a 5 ball setting and generous extra ball awards, i still have not reached 5 Year Mission.

Closest I got was two missions shy.

And I've only completed Amok once.

I must be worse than I thought.

#7096 5 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

So after 3 years of owning my ST Pro with a 5 ball setting and generous extra ball awards, i still have not reached 5 Year Mission.
Closest I got was two missions shy.
And I've only completed Amok once.
I must be worse than I thought.

I got my ST Pro in June and have left it at 3 balls. I can usually get at least 2 extra balls during play for a total of 5 in a game. I can complete Kobayashi three out of five games but have sniffed Amok only once (one mission away). High score to date 325M. Seriously thinking of changing the default to 5 balls....maybe with a total of 7 balls I can get beyond Amok and make a run at 5 Year Mission. Love this pin....it's never leaving my game room.

#7097 5 years ago

Mine is set to 3 balls with the only change being replay awards EB. I've gotten to EA once. Been really close a couple more. I finally finished GotG twice, so I'm just going to be patient and know that I'll get 5YM eventually!!

#7098 5 years ago

Ok - I have a question. What the heck is this in the middle of my playfield? Never noticed it before now. I was testing some new Titan bands under blacklight on another machine when I noticed it.

20181112_173524 (resized).jpg20181112_173524 (resized).jpg20181112_173617 (resized).jpg20181112_173617 (resized).jpg
#7099 5 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Ok - I have a question. What the heck is this in the middle of my playfield? Never noticed it before now. I was testing some new Titan bands under blacklight on another machine when I noticed it.

That's kinda spooky. Playfield serial number? Does it match the serial number of the machine?

#7100 5 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

That's kinda spooky. Playfield serial number? Does it match the serial number of the machine?

I was thinking playfield serial number also but I've never seen it done before. It doesn't match the game serial number. It seems to just be a random number.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/142 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.