Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
There are 10,796 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 216.
#7001 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

The left out lane ball save often misses on timing and the ball drains.

The consensus is that the switch arm location/shape is causing the issue...I think it is too far forward in it's activation.

The switch was activating the kickback too soon in its standard location unless the ball was moving fast. If it was moving slowly, the kicker was most of the way thru it's travel when it hit the ball. Thus the kick back was very weak on many balls.

The issue was corrected somewhat by modifying the switch arm. I replaced the switch arm with one of a different shape now it works a bit better. I can't remember what the P/N of the metal arm is. I'll see if I can figure this out and repost.

Robert

#7002 5 years ago

Hey guys,

Could anyone point me in the direction of who makes these little LCD screens?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2018-08-04 at 9.14.47 pm (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-08-04 at 9.14.47 pm (resized).pngphoto_2018-08-04_21-12-55 (resized).jpgphoto_2018-08-04_21-12-55 (resized).jpg
#7003 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Hey guys,
Thanks![quoted image][quoted image]

https://www.4dsystems.com.au

(Written right on the board)

#7004 5 years ago

Patrick Stewart just announced that he's officially returning as Picard!!!

20180804_165955 (resized).png20180804_165955 (resized).png

#7005 5 years ago

Does anyone know the truth or original story/reason the left VUK was changed from a large wireform entering the warp ramp in release materials and flyers to a simple VUK onto the left ramp/wireform going into production??

#7006 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Does anyone know the truth or original story/reason the left VUK was changed from a large wireform entering the warp ramp in release materials and flyers to a simple VUK onto the left ramp/wireform going into production??

They couldn't get the VUK to reliably send the ball to the Warp ramp, primarily in low voltage conditions. Nobody outside of Stern ever got to see it, as far as I know.

#7007 5 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

They couldn't get the VUK to reliably send the ball to the Warp ramp, primarily in low voltage conditions. Nobody outside of Stern ever got to see it, as far as I know.

Thanks for the confirmation, that’s what I had read but was curious if true etc.

Would love to get hold of one of the proto VUK wireforms, would be pretty cool to play about with in home environment.

#7008 5 years ago

Thanks.

#7009 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Patrick Stewart just announced that he's officially returning as Picard!!!
[quoted image]

I saw this, very excited to see Picard again.

It's funny, it didn't sound like Stewart thought STTNG would last more than a season or two based on an old interview he did. Now here we are 30 years later (can't believe is been that long) and he's going to revisit Picard.

He's a wonderfully gifted actor.

#7010 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Hey guys,

That's actually an mini OLED screen.

https://www.4dsystems.com.au/product/uOLED_128_G2/

#7011 5 years ago

What's the oled screen for?

#7012 5 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

What's the oled screen for?

It sits there and loops video clips from the movie.

2598E7F2-6917-4854-8F57-079988D187A9 (resized).jpeg2598E7F2-6917-4854-8F57-079988D187A9 (resized).jpeg

#7013 5 years ago

Gotcha, thx. That's what I thought, like the Simpson's tv mod...

#7014 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Hey guys,

Pinsider Sparky originally sold these, I bought a few.

#7015 5 years ago

I forgot to show you my last card of this serie for Stern´s pinball.

"Star Trek Custom Pinball Card - Crew" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Star%20Trek%20Custom%20card%20-%20Crew.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "Star Trek Custom Pinball Card - Crew" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Star%20Trek%20Custom%20card%20-%20Crew.%20Mikonos2.jpg
Star Trek Custom card - Crew. Mikonos1.jpgStar Trek Custom card - Crew. Mikonos1.jpgStar Trek Custom card - Crew. Mikonos2.jpgStar Trek Custom card - Crew. Mikonos2.jpg

*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

You can see my "FREE PLAY" custom Card here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/139#post-4470235

You can see my "RULES" custom Card here too:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/138#post-4467730

In my next post I will show print results in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination.

Regards

1 week later
#7016 5 years ago

Has anyone ever ordered new side rails and lock down bar for the LE?
Rough idea on price?

Cheers.

#7017 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Has anyone ever ordered new side rails and lock down bar for the LE?
Rough idea on price?

no idea. Better call Stern. I'd expect it to not be cheap.
IMHO; your better off sending your armor to a powdercoater to get re-done (if scratched up).

#7019 5 years ago

Hi, just bought this pin and having to fix drop target switch. Can someone please tell me if switch insulator mounts flush to switch or does it go on other side of metal bracket? I can’t tell from manual diagram.

#7020 5 years ago

Time for some STTNG repairs.. My right cannon laser wasn't working, wire to the laser diode was cut. Reworked the wires without much luck, possibly bad harness cable as well feeding the laser.

My question is in regards to the Left Shuttle 2X switch fails to register when its open or close.. after messing with the laser it seems. Switch 85. Anyone have any insight in this switch is related to the canon harness in anyway?..

NM

EDIT : FIXED = Diode lead solder connection was bad

#7021 5 years ago

Anyone know where to get that little blue light in the vengeance ships tail? It looks like it's going to be a real PITA to replace. Thanks in advance for any help.

#7022 5 years ago
IMG_1653 (resized).JPGIMG_1653 (resized).JPG
#7024 5 years ago

I'm don't know it came that way when I bought it a couple years ago from another pinsider. I thought it was a standard thing but really have no idea. Mines a premium and the vengeance and the enterprise all have those same blue lights.

#7026 5 years ago

Those are diffusers for those lights, but thank you.

#7027 5 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Mines a premium and the vengeance and the enterprise all have those same blue lights.

I have a Pre as well. Just turned it on, I have the same lights, so they're stock. As for how to replace, I don't know. I bet if you called Stern they would point you in the right direction or possibly hook you up.

#7028 5 years ago

Thank you

#7029 5 years ago

I'm not aware of any off the shelf replacements for the Blue LED+ Harness.
IIRC; Stern hotglued the whole blue led+harness as a mess inside the nacelle.

If it were me; I'd go get a blue LED and try to un-mess that mess so I could splice in that new led. But agreed; it an't gonna be easy or fun.

It's easy to look at; just unscrew the two phillips screws on the nacelle and then you might have to break some of the hot glue which will be on the nacelle to get it off. http://pinball-mods.com/blogs/?p=476 briefly talks about the removal.

#7030 5 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Those are diffusers for those lights, but thank you.

Oops, you're right.

#7031 5 years ago

Regular led would never fit. Maybe as suggested I should call Stern, but it doesn't look easy for sure.

#7032 5 years ago

Damn, that sucks! I wonder if maybe a broke wire with as much movement it has during game play.

#7033 5 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Regular led would never fit.

Sure it would.
A Pinball LED is *NOT* a regular LED.
A standard 5MM package would.
5mm blue led5mm blue led
https://www.adafruit.com/product/301

#7034 5 years ago

Announcing a soft launch of a new product I've been working on for a few months... I finally got a product I was happy with so I'm making them available to all Star Trek pinball owners.

This product originally started as an embellishment for the Data East Star Trek machines to go on top of the "Red Alert" flashers:
Condition: Red (Alert)Condition: Red (Alert)
This Data East kit comes with 4 "Red Alert" Decals for 7.49USD w/ free shipping if ordered alone:
Data East (example install)Data East (example install)
Data East (incandescent flasher bulb)Data East (incandescent flasher bulb)

I then realized the kits could be expanded to both the Williams Star Trek: The Next Generation and the Stern Star Trek. Both of these games are currently still packed up from TPF'2018 (yeap, it's been way too long) so I can't take installed pictures.
On the STNG; the kit only comes with a single Red Alert decal for the beta ramp; so is considerably cheaper at 2.49USD.
On the Stern ST; the kit comes with both a Red Alert and a Yellow alert decal for the two flashers on this game and runs 4.24USD.

These are in stock now and available for immediate shipping.
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/modifications-bolt-on-mods-alert-flasher-decals-p-46.html

#7035 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Announcing a soft launch of a new product I've been working on for a few months... I finally got a product I was happy with so I'm making them available to all Star Trek pinball owners.
This product originally started as an embellishment for the Data East Star Trek machines to go on top of the "Red Alert" flashers:
[quoted image]
This Data East kit comes with 4 "Red Alert" Decals for 7.49USD w/ free shipping if ordered alone:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I then realized the kits could be expanded to both the Williams Star Trek: The Next Generation and the Stern Star Trek. Both of these games are currently still packed up from TPF'2018 (yeap, it's been way too long) so I can't take installed pictures.
On the STNG; the kit only comes with a single Red Alert decal for the beta ramp; so is considerably cheaper at 2.49USD.
On the Stern ST; the kit comes with both a Red Alert and a Yellow alert decal for the two flashers on this game and runs 4.24USD.
These are in stock now and available for immediate shipping.
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/modifications-bolt-on-mods-alert-flasher-decals-p-46.html

Awesome I’ll be ordering a set for my STLE, you need to expand your mods Zitt to other games you are one of only 2 regular modders I buy from your stuff is f’in excellent when it comes to design, fit & finish!

#7036 5 years ago

Picked up my project Bally Star Trek.
Mpu is giving me 6 flashes. Missing solenoid votage at the mpu. I notified the rectifier board header pins are suspiciously bad looking. But I am getting 43vdc at the Rectifier test point. So hopefully an easy fix.

0EBEBEDE-7438-453C-A594-26811AC284A7 (resized).jpeg0EBEBEDE-7438-453C-A594-26811AC284A7 (resized).jpeg
#7037 5 years ago
Quoted from riverinapinball:

Picked up my project Bally Star Trek.
Mpu is giving me 6 flashes. Missing solenoid votage at the mpu. I notified the rectifier board header pins are suspiciously bad looking. But I am getting 43vdc at the Rectifier test point. So hopefully an easy fix.
[quoted image]

Congrates in the new addition, I’m looking to pick up one of the new CPR DE ST backglasses that feature the prototype artwork love that backglass!

#7038 5 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

[quoted image]

Buzz, When I picked up my STLE, the same light was out, it was the a broken wire. The moveable Enterprise puts a lot of wear on the factory wiring harness.

Pull the ship off and check the wires for damage, they are thin/small easy to break you'll see. repaired and added a little more slack to flex with the ship.

#7039 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Awesome I’ll be ordering a set for my STLE, you need to expand your mods Zitt to other games you are one of only 2 regular modders I buy from your stuff is f’in excellent when it comes to design, fit & finish!

I know.
I just don't have the room for any more pinball machines... and I can't convince myself to buy any of the latest title to mod. I was tempted to buy GB and Star Wars... but room, price, and quality issues have ended that.

I need to make something happen... but we'll see.

#7040 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I know.
I just don't have the room for any more pinball machines... and I can't convince myself to buy any of the latest title to mod. I was tempted to buy GB and Star Wars... but room, price, and quality issues have ended that.
I need to make something happen... but we'll see.

Yes, this is why I am so happy Spooky Pinball is coming out with great games now. I'm on the list for ACNC not only because I like the pin, but also because of the quality. Spike system scares me too much for now!
You should do some mods for ACNC!

#7041 5 years ago

Just joined the club with a Stern Prem and contemplating installing a pinsound board. Does anyone know of a possible reorchestration file?

#7042 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Just joined the club with a Stern Prem and contemplating installing a pinsound board. Does anyone know of a possible reorchestration file?

Why exactly do you need a pinsound board?

try a search please...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-162/page/2#post-4446837

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wa629knjz3wtjxr/Edited%20with%20162%20movie%20sounds.rar?dl=0

#7043 5 years ago

Pinsound isn't compatible with stern AFAIK. It would be pointless given the links posted above.

#7044 5 years ago

Is there anyway to improve the audio quality on a Stern pin - like Metallic or Star Trek?

#7045 5 years ago

Other than an upgrade to a speaker kit and/or a subwoofer... I'm not aware of anything.
The Audio tracks in the ROMs are not very impressive. They may even be downmixed to mono or have a low bitrate to save space. You'd have to look at the roms in Pinball Browser to get an idea.

Given these machines use a uniform board for everything. An "add in" soundboard isn't likely given the soundboard was never a separate board in these games.

#7046 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Other than an upgrade to a speaker kit and/or a subwoofer... I'm not aware of anything.
The Audio tracks in the ROMs are not very impressive. They may even be downmixed to mono or have a low bitrate to save space. You'd have to look at the roms in Pinball Browser to get an idea.
Given these machines use a uniform board for everything. An "add in" soundboard isn't likely given the soundboard was never a separate board in these games.

Yea, I've used pinball browser for my MET and they save as a super low quality sound file. Not the fault of pinball browser, its just the way Stern does audio. I wish there was a way to make it sound better.

#7047 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Pinsound isn't compatible with stern AFAIK. It would be pointless given the links posted above.

It is compatible with Whitestar. You pull the CPU chip, put it on a daughtercard, and then install that with a ribbon cable to the PinSound. I had one in my LOTR for a little while.

It’s not compatible with SAM or SPIKE.

Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Yea, I've used pinball browser for my MET and they save as a super low quality sound file. Not the fault of pinball browser, its just the way Stern does audio. I wish there was a way to make it sound better.

Really? I’d suspect your source files more than Stern. Any time I’m changing a games sound I buy the CDs I want to use. Then rip them to wav files at 24000. The sound isn’t bad at all. I usually have a subwoofer on games I do this to though, because stock Stern speakers are pretty thin.

#7048 5 years ago

I don't know of the pinsound boards. I do know I upgraded the speaker system with Flipper Fidelity, I would deff suggest some type of upgrade it was well worth it. A lot of folks use the external sub as well.

#7049 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

It is compatible with Whitestar. You pull the CPU chip, put it on a daughtercard, and then install that with a ribbon cable to the PinSound. I had one in my LOTR for a little while.
It’s not compatible with SAM or SPIKE.

Really? I’d suspect your source files more than Stern. Any time I’m changing a games sound I buy the CDs I want to use. Then rip them to wav files at 24000. The sound isn’t bad at all. I usually have a subwoofer on games I do this to though, because stock Stern speakers are pretty thin.

I have a subwoofer on my met. Like zitt said, low bitrate sound with stern. Maybe spike has higher quality audio files?

#7050 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I don't know of the pinsound boards. I do know I upgraded the speaker system with Flipper Fidelity, I would deff suggest some type of upgrade it was well worth it. A lot of folks use the external sub as well.

I have heard people say that the flipper fidelity speakers don't make much difference? What do you think?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 64.99
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,796 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/141?hl=drained and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.