Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
DSCN3233 (resized).JPG

There are 10,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 216.
#6901 5 years ago

My Data East Star Trek is having an issue where pressing a switch on a particular column will activate all the switches on the row associated with that switch. Any ideas? For example, pressing the left flipper button will cause the game to slam tilt. Pressing the shooter lane switch will cycle all the switches in that row on the switch test.

This whole thing started in the middle of a shop out. I've looked for any switches crossing over or grounding out but haven't seen any. I have very little board repair experience. Hopefully that's not it.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#6902 5 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Upper PF GI is out. Any ideas?

burnt plug

#6903 5 years ago

Coolness.....thanks!

Quoted from crwjumper:

Call Stern. This is a known issue and they will replace the sticker. (800) kickers. ((800) 542-5377)

#6904 5 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Any ideas? For example, pressing the left flipper button will cause the game to slam tilt. Pressing the shooter lane switch will cycle all the switches in that row on the switch test.

"
"Ghost" switches being reported simultaneous with other switch closures
"Ghost" switch closures not associated with failed MPU circuitry are difficult to track down. These are caused by a shorted diode (on a closed switch), incorrect wiring at the switch, or switch lugs or diode leads being shorted together.
" -- http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=General#The_Switch_Matrix

Sounds like you have a bad diode switch. Is this happening on all rows or just one row?

#6905 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Is this happening on all rows or just one row?

All the rows, which is why I haven't been able to figure this one out.

#6906 5 years ago

All rows make me think it's a CPU board / switch matrix issue. [ See page 52 of schematics (CPU Board logic Sheet 2/4) ]
Can you swap the 6821s (8H vs 11B) to see if the matrix issue goes away and follows to the display/sound?

#6907 5 years ago

And this is a free play card. Improvement suggestions are welcome!

"Star Trek Custom Pinball Card - Free Play" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Star%20Trek%20Custom%20Pinball%20card%20-%20Free%20Play.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "Star Trek Custom Pinball Card - Free Play" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Star%20Trek%20Custom%20Pinball%20card%20-%20Free%20Play.%20Mikonos2.jpg

Star Trek Custom Pinball card - Free Play. Mikonos1.jpgStar Trek Custom Pinball card - Free Play. Mikonos1.jpgStar Trek Custom Pinball card - Free Play. Mikonos2.jpgStar Trek Custom Pinball card - Free Play. Mikonos2.jpg

I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

#6908 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Call Stern. This is a known issue and they will replace the sticker. (800) kickers. ((800) 542-5377)

Thanks, mine are peeling as well.

#6909 5 years ago

R/S lower flipper sticking. After game is off still sticks so that leaves out electrical issues. Replaced the sleeve 6 or 7 months ago. Has had a lot of play but nothing like being routed does.
Taking suggestions, going to pull the coil off and look at sleeve. Plunger is not overly dirty either.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6910 5 years ago

New sleeve same result! As you can see power off plunger stuck. Light touch resets flipper.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6911 5 years ago

Is there a little clearance between the flipper bat and the flipper bushing.

Robert

#6912 5 years ago

Go to vid's guide post #17 here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-upgradingrebuilding-flippers

Use a credit card to check the gap if you don't have the Flipper gauge tool. Or buy one here: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8194
Order two because they're kind of flimsy.

#6913 5 years ago

Mushroomed or loose endstop.
My game had to have both endstops replaced after about 500-700 games. They are garbage from sTern.

#6914 5 years ago

Gap was good on both flipper to pf and bushing. Deff knew about vids guide did the rebuild on my space station and F-14. Thinking I will follow your advice zitt and get a few coil stops from PBL. Thanks for all the suggestions!

#6915 5 years ago

if your coil stop is starting to break it moves around and will magnetize the shaft and keep it up. if you flip the other flipper does this one go down? id take apart and see how your coil stop is doing.

#6916 5 years ago

It will drop down if you flip the left flipper yes. But I also noticed that just tapping the pf will get it to drop too!

#6917 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

It will drop down if you flip the left flipper yes. But I also noticed that just tapping the pf will get it to drop too!

sounds magnetized, replace the coil stops and you should be good to go. might be surprised how broken those can get

#6918 5 years ago

ordered 4 from marco, did not see them at pbl
nevermind i did find them

#6919 5 years ago

Well I installed Zitt's nebula mod today. Very nice! Really brings that nebula to life! Thanks Zitt. Good instructions too!
Also installed Zitt's Vengeance nacelle diffusers. Nice improvement for sure! Also the Vengeance visor kit. This along with the Vengeance explosion mod looks totally bad ass in Vengeance modes! Modding is so fricking awesome!

#6920 5 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)
Home of the original pinball Speaker Light Kit

I also installed Doug's Speaker Light Kit and acrylic grills today. Totally awesome! This is beautiful on Star Trek! One of the best mods for sure.
Thanks Doug!

#6921 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Really brings that nebula to life! Thanks Zitt.

My pleasure. Enjoy.

#6922 5 years ago

Installed blue under cab lighting today. This is the final touch to finish it off. Really nice on Star Trek!

#6923 5 years ago

Welp, I’m out, sent my Premium to a new home tonite.

One to beam down.

#6924 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

All rows make me think it's a CPU board / switch matrix issue. [ See page 52 of schematics (CPU Board logic Sheet 2/4) ]
Can you swap the 6821s (8H vs 11B) to see if the matrix issue goes away and follows to the display/sound?

I found a bad transistor at Q54. Just placed the order and hopefully my soldering skills drastically improve between now and Friday.

#6925 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Welp, I’m out, sent my Premium to a new home tonite.
One to beam down.

Thanks for selling her to me! Already enjoying the crap out of this machine. I like it way more than I anticipated. Just a supremely awesome game.

4F82A5FE-37F4-4DC2-A2A6-1E65EC9EFE98 (resized).jpeg4F82A5FE-37F4-4DC2-A2A6-1E65EC9EFE98 (resized).jpeg
#6926 5 years ago

I have a few of these in raw if anyone is interested. Just the armor, no light kits. Don’t have the time to make any light kits. Limited qty. There won’t be more. Attached a pic of the blue powder I used (it’s not a laser cut version in that pic but color is what I used). Can powder sets if someone wants it completed with all parts.

Raw metal sets are $225 plus shipping. Powder complete sets with legs, hinges and lock bars would be 525 plus shipping.

PM me if you want one of these. Only have a few.
107FEC0F-C3FF-4992-A05B-55F8E5CFC95E (resized).jpeg107FEC0F-C3FF-4992-A05B-55F8E5CFC95E (resized).jpegCF55D9BB-80FB-46C2-BFB0-869367410198 (resized).jpegCF55D9BB-80FB-46C2-BFB0-869367410198 (resized).jpeg

6D6F5C99-BE49-432C-AB02-9DD9D67BC143 (resized).jpeg6D6F5C99-BE49-432C-AB02-9DD9D67BC143 (resized).jpegBE79F8C0-4A64-4116-9BA6-FA0E02C7D8C3 (resized).jpegBE79F8C0-4A64-4116-9BA6-FA0E02C7D8C3 (resized).jpeg
#6927 5 years ago

Well, I couldn't resist! I just ordered Zitt's Pop cap set. Damn they look nice!

#6928 5 years ago

The pop caps are a must! They look F*&^ Loads better and really do the game justice!!!

#6929 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

The pop caps are a must! They look F*&^ Loads better and really do the game justice!!!

I came to that conclusion as well! I didn't want to spend $1200.00 on mods for a pro, but so many great mods and they are just too nice to refuse! This game is awesome! Much more fun than I ever thought it would be.

* Also just ordered Cliffy ramp protectors and Titan ring set blue with orange slings and flippers!

#6930 5 years ago

It is IMO one of Steve's best, Deff in the top 3 of my favorites! Knew I wanted it the first time I played it! But I do like games that stand out from others. And have something significant to them. Like the laser show in KM, or the green gi in multi ball on space station and now the rocking ship on potc.
Star Trek will stay one of the greats I think!!!

#6931 5 years ago

My Vault Edition ST Pro was delivered today pre-loaded with 1.62 code! After an arduous trip down an 18-step narrow stair case with 2 turns, she's finally nestled into our basement rec room right next to Eight Ball Deluxe. First (and probably only) mods will be a ColorDMD later this month.

IMG_5540 (resized).jpgIMG_5540 (resized).jpgIMG_5542 (resized).jpgIMG_5542 (resized).jpgIMG_5544 (resized).jpgIMG_5544 (resized).jpg
#6932 5 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

My Vault Edition ST Pro was delivered today pre-loaded with 1.62 code! After an arduous trip down an 18-step narrow stair case with 2 turns, she's finally nestled into our basement rec room right next to Eight Ball Deluxe. First (and probably only) mods will be a ColorDMD later this month.

Great choice for your 2nd pin. Don't make the mistake of selling yours like I did. I'll be back in the club someday.

#6933 5 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

After an arduous trip down an 18-step narrow stair case with 2 turns, she's finally nestled into our basement rec room

LOL!
Makes me appreciate my walk out basement!

#6934 5 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

That's a basement. How high is your ceiling 10ft?

#6935 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's a basement. How high is your ceiling 10ft?

11ft before it was finished, 10ft to the new ceiling, ~9ft in the soffit areas. Here are a few pix of the whole thing (we just finished it about 3 months ago). It started off as a family rec room idea and kinda morphed into a Man Cave (complete with a bookcase doorway that leads to a 30x15 unfinished area for storage, my workbench, and rear access to the AV gear in the wall). Still to add: curio cabinet near the utility room door for my wife's Marvel collectibles and either a shuffleboard setup or maybe another pin (STTNG or Black Knight) by the stairway wall near the wetbar.
IMG_5230 (resized).JPGIMG_5230 (resized).JPGIMG_5548 (resized).JPGIMG_5548 (resized).JPGIMG_5549 (resized).JPGIMG_5549 (resized).JPGIMG_5551 (resized).JPGIMG_5551 (resized).JPGIMG_5552 (resized).JPGIMG_5552 (resized).JPGIMG_5553 (resized).JPGIMG_5553 (resized).JPGIMG_5562 (resized).JPGIMG_5562 (resized).JPGIMG_5563 (resized).JPGIMG_5563 (resized).JPG

#6936 5 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

11ft before it was finished, 10ft to the new ceiling, ~9ft in the soffit areas. Here are a few pix of the whole thing (we just finished it about 3 months ago). It started off as a family rec room idea and kinda morphed into a Man Cave (complete with a bookcase doorway that leads to a 30x15 unfinished area for storage, my workbench, and rear access to the AV gear in the wall). Still to add: curio cabinet near the utility room door for my wife's Marvel collectibles and either a shuffleboard setup or maybe another pin (STTNG or Black Knight) by the stairway wall near the wetbar.

Nice looking basement! Looks like you've got plenty of room for your next 20 or so pins

#6937 5 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Nice looking basement! Looks like you've got plenty of room for your next 20 or so pins

Thank you! This is the empty area to the left of the off-camera stairway. We're thinking of a shuffleboard game along that wall. I would love to line up 3 or 4 more pins there but I think I'm pushing it with the wife on just the STPro and EBD I have now. Behind the James Bond poster is pre-wiring for another TV in case we want to add one in the wet bar area.

IMG_5564 (resized).JPGIMG_5564 (resized).JPG
#6938 5 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

First (and probably only) mods will be a ColorDMD later this month.

That doesn't sound very sporting... I'll leave this right here:
Stern Star Trek Pop CapsStern Star Trek Pop Caps
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinioninterest-check-stern-star-trek-popcaps

Or if you really want to challenge your resolve:
Stern Star_Trek: Comprehensive Mod List

#6939 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

That doesn't sound very sporting... I'll leave this right here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinioninterest-check-stern-star-trek-popcaps
Or if you really want to challenge your resolve:
Stern Star_Trek: Comprehensive Mod List

I know, famous last words. After shilling out for the STPro Vault and the ColorDMD (ordered last night), my wallet says to play with it as stock for a while. After some time, I'm sure I'll get the urge to mod more here and there. There will likely be a speaker light kit mod in my future.

#6940 5 years ago

How are you guys setting the out lanes? When I bought the Star Trek pro about 5 weeks ago, the out lanes were set to tightest lane setting. I set them to medium the first day. I still haven't made Kobayashi Maru. Of course I often try to go 3 deep on missions to get double scoring but haven't mastered the shots yet.

#6941 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

How are you guys setting the out lanes?

Mine is in the medium hole. Kobayashi is very rare, but I tend to play Nero to double the spinner.

#6942 5 years ago

Just a few glamour shots I took after cleaning up yesterday.

20180704_183128 (resized).jpg20180704_183128 (resized).jpg
20180704_183152 (resized).jpg20180704_183152 (resized).jpg
20180704_183203 (resized).jpg20180704_183203 (resized).jpg
20180704_183222 (resized).jpg20180704_183222 (resized).jpg

#6943 5 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Just a few glamour shots I took after cleaning up yesterday.

Very nice indeed!

#6944 5 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Very nice indeed!

Thanks! Only one more to go! I've been very fortunate to find 2 of these locally and in great shape for cheeeeeeap. I did have to drive to New Orleans for the Bally though.

#6945 5 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Very nice indeed!

Thanks! Only one more to go! I've been very fortunate to find 2 of these

I'm still winning

#6946 5 years ago

A couple of wires popped off of my vengeance ship flasher (number 31) on my ST Pro. There is one black wire, and one white/violet wire. It might be a dumb question, but which wire goes on which lug of the bulb socket? Will anything happened if I mix up the two?

Thanks!
-Doug

#6947 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Mushroomed or loose endstop

This was definitely the cause for my r/ lower flipper to stick. Replaced coil stop and Star Trek is back to fully functional Thanks again for the all the help.

#6948 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Mine is in the medium hole. Kobayashi is very rare, but I tend to play Nero to double the spinner.

Nero isn't doubling the spinner. It isn't doubling anything in fact. It gives you a permanent lit combo in the left orbit.

#6949 5 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Nero isn't doubling the spinner. It isn't doubling anything in fact. It gives you a permanent lit combo in the left orbit.

Please share any more insight like this if you can!

#6950 5 years ago

I haven’t joined the club yet, but soon hopefully. But I’m afraid my wallet will be even thinner after checking out all of Zitts mods. Uffdah.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
$ 64.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 9.95
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 10.00
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boynton Beach, FL
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models
Decals
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winter Garden, FL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
There are 10,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/139 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.