IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
DSCN3233 (resized).JPG
DSCN3232 (resized).JPG

There are 10,764 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 216.
#6801 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

No, only every other game has a sub.

How did the sound improve?

#6802 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

How did the sound improve?

I had to turn the volume down on the sub to get the same loudness and the base response was better and cleaner. For my ears anyway. Everybody is different.

#6803 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I had to turn the volume down on the sub to get the same loudness and the base response was better and cleaner. For my ears anyway. Everybody is different.

OK, that makes sense. You got a stronger signal off that board than piggy backing off the cabinet woofer terminals. However, it works fine this way with the sub I have, but my hearing is shit. I'm deaf in right ear. So I'm not a good judge of audio fidelity.

#6804 5 years ago

OK, that makes sense. You got a stronger signal off that board then piggy backing off the woofer terminals.

I think that's the way it works, don't know for sure.

#6805 5 years ago

The problem with any Laser kit is the Pro lacks the software hooks to "turn on" the laser at the appropriate time.
It would take someone one "patching" a Pro software stack with the hooks to turn it on. No one had taken that job.

#6806 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

The problem with any Laser kit is the Pro lacks the software hooks to "turn on" the laser at the appropriate time.
It would take someone one "patching" a Pro software stack with the hooks to turn it on. No one had taken that job.

RedShiftLED would be the board for that, albeit with some custom code to detect start of multiball... kind of like the rising cross mod for Metallica Pro.

#6807 5 years ago

New Star Trek Code

V1.62 - June 5, 2018
=======================

- Fixed a presentation issue where solid shot lights in Destroy the Drill II were showing when they weren't available.
Now, all available shots blink including the roving 2X shot.
- Fixed an issue in Nero II where shots/lights were not being displayed correctly. This only occurred during multi-player games.
- Fixed an issue in Mode Select where mode select would not show up quickly between balls. This occurred during multi-player games.
- Fixed an issue in Kobayashi Maru where double scoring was timing out due to the presentation length of Kobayashi Maru.
- Fixed an issue in Kobayashi Maru where the background music was missing.
- Added sound FX and a longer light show presentation for the final shot in Kobayashi Maru.
- Fixed a problem if you Drill Down 3 deep in a mode, i.e play Destroy the Drill I, II, III. . When you get through the
last III mode, you could get robbed out of the second/third wizard mode (Enterprise Amok Multiball would not start,
and, if you made it to Five Year Mission, the game would instead start Enterprise Amok Multiball. After the last
wizard mode you couldn't start any modes for the rest of the game. It could also crash the game while in this state.
- Fixed an issue in Nero II where the shot count was not properly shown when interrupted by other modes/events.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the Magnet to ignore the "disabled" adjustment.

- Added audit for total number of one, two, three, and four players games that have been played.
- Added USA_12 Coinage 1/$0.25, 5/$1.00
- Added Sweden_3 credit pricing 1 credit for 10 Kr.
- Updated Norway coin door to 1/5/10/20 Kr for left/center/right/4th slot.
- Updated Sweden coin door to 1/5/10/2 Kr for left/center/right/4th slot.
- Updated Sweden dip switch setting default to Sweden_3 pricing.
- Updated Switzerland dip switch setting default to Switzerland_3 pricing.
- Updated UK dip switch setting default to UK_4 pricing.
- Added China Dip Switch setting (28 00111000) and currency, pricing, overrides, redemption, tournament, novelty, etc setting.
- Fixed an issue with replay score computation.
- Added ticket dispenser type "TICKETLESS".
- Added ticket dispenser motor rest time between ticket dispenses (AD_TICKET_DISPENSER_REST_TIME_MS) - default is 0 ms.
- Added ticket dispenser retries (AD_TICKET_DISPENSE_RETRIES) - if the ticket notch switch is not seen after a dispense, the system will retry
- AD_TICKET_DISPENSE_RETRIES times to dispense a ticket before marking the ticket dispenser as "jammed". AD_TICKET_DISPENSE_RETRIES default is 0.
- Fixed an issue where the ticket dispenser was still enabled after uninstalling redemption settings.
- Added timed game options to the redemption system.
- Added default redemption settings to the system for each country (DIP) install.

#6808 5 years ago

Hey guys. Don't go to crazy! Just bug fixes, nothing new.

http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code

Bildschirmfoto 2018-06-06 um 19.32.48 (resized).pngBildschirmfoto 2018-06-06 um 19.32.48 (resized).png
#6809 5 years ago

Wow ... 3 years, but new code has arrived!

#6810 5 years ago

Cool

#6811 5 years ago

Anyone install the Mezel Mods Warp Ramp chaser LEDs? How did that work out? Does tape hold up long term?

I have one that came with the machine but never installed - it's my understanding they are "on" all the time?

#6812 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Polk PSW10 FTW.
amazon.com link »
Goes on sale from time to time too!

12" Polk $63 shipped!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/polk-audio-psw505-12-300w-powered-subwoofer-63-shipped#post-4437071

#6813 5 years ago

I guess I have to go find a hat to eat...

#6814 5 years ago
Quoted from Mister_Furious:

New Star Trek Code
V1.62 - June 5, 2018
=======================
- Fixed a presentation issue where solid shot lights in Destroy the Drill II were showing when they weren't available.
Now, all available shots blink including the roving 2X shot.
- Fixed an issue in Nero II where shots/lights were not being displayed correctly. This only occurred during multi-player games.
- Fixed an issue in Mode Select where mode select would not show up quickly between balls. This occurred during multi-player games.
- Fixed an issue in Kobayashi Maru where double scoring was timing out due to the presentation length of Kobayashi Maru.
- Fixed an issue in Kobayashi Maru where the background music was missing.
- Added sound FX and a longer light show presentation for the final shot in Kobayashi Maru.
- Fixed a problem if you Drill Down 3 deep in a mode, i.e play Destroy the Drill I, II, III. . When you get through the
last III mode, you could get robbed out of the second/third wizard mode (Enterprise Amok Multiball would not start,
and, if you made it to Five Year Mission, the game would instead start Enterprise Amok Multiball. After the last
wizard mode you couldn't start any modes for the rest of the game. It could also crash the game while in this state.
- Fixed an issue in Nero II where the shot count was not properly shown when interrupted by other modes/events.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the Magnet to ignore the "disabled" adjustment.
- Added audit for total number of one, two, three, and four players games that have been played.
- Added USA_12 Coinage 1/$0.25, 5/$1.00
- Added Sweden_3 credit pricing 1 credit for 10 Kr.
- Updated Norway coin door to 1/5/10/20 Kr for left/center/right/4th slot.
- Updated Sweden coin door to 1/5/10/2 Kr for left/center/right/4th slot.
- Updated Sweden dip switch setting default to Sweden_3 pricing.
- Updated Switzerland dip switch setting default to Switzerland_3 pricing.
- Updated UK dip switch setting default to UK_4 pricing.
- Added China Dip Switch setting (28 00111000) and currency, pricing, overrides, redemption, tournament, novelty, etc setting.
- Fixed an issue with replay score computation.
- Added ticket dispenser type "TICKETLESS".
- Added ticket dispenser motor rest time between ticket dispenses (AD_TICKET_DISPENSER_REST_TIME_MS) - default is 0 ms.
- Added ticket dispenser retries (AD_TICKET_DISPENSE_RETRIES) - if the ticket notch switch is not seen after a dispense, the system will retry
- AD_TICKET_DISPENSE_RETRIES times to dispense a ticket before marking the ticket dispenser as "jammed". AD_TICKET_DISPENSE_RETRIES default is 0.
- Fixed an issue where the ticket dispenser was still enabled after uninstalling redemption settings.
- Added timed game options to the redemption system.
- Added default redemption settings to the system for each country (DIP) install.

Just curious, if you have the "Movie Soundtrack" on your ST, will you lose it if you update the code? I assume yes?

#6815 5 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

More
Just curious, if you have the "Movie Soundtrack" on your ST, will you lose it if you update the code? I assume yes?

Yes you will, until someone puts it back in the new code. Or you could with Pinball Browser.

#6816 5 years ago

bummed the code didnt fix the black hole award stuff oh well

#6817 5 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Yes you will, until someone puts it back in the new code. Or you could with Pinball Browser.

That's what I figured, Thanks....I will wait

#6818 5 years ago

When someone puts the movie soundtrack in the new LE/Prem code. PM me please...

#6819 5 years ago

Losing movie soundtrack was my first thought with this update. Will hold off and hopefully it gets updated. Most of the bug fixes, I'm not likely to even encounter or notice.

Man, it would really be awesome if someone took up the call on a laser mod.

#6820 5 years ago

Should we all just upvote Pinzzz post if we want a PM when the new version comes out with the movie soundtrack? Because count me in too!

#6821 5 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Most of the bug fixes, I'm not likely to even encounter or notice.

This was my first thought!

#6822 5 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Should we all just upvote pinzzz post if we want a PM when the new version comes out with the movie soundtrack? Because count me in too!

Me three!

#6823 5 years ago

I think it is really top notch for Stern to fix these 'harder' bugs.

Especially the one where you would not be awarded the second/third wizard mode!
And finally the nero bug is solved.

One can only say: "THANK YOU STERN!!"

#6824 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Especially the one where you would not be awarded the second/third wizard mode!
And finally the nero bug is solved.

+1
Now I need to find some time to update the code on mine

#6825 5 years ago

So how does updating the code from Stern work if I'm running the color version from Colordmd?

#6826 5 years ago

I don’t think you’ll see any difference since they didn’t make any display changes.

#6827 5 years ago

Shouldn't make any difference: it doesn't sound like there's any graphical changes.

#6828 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

bummed the code didnt fix the black hole award stuff oh well

What bug was this?

#6829 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Naa!
This is how it should be!
If it wasn't for all the new competition in the market place, I doubt it would have happened.
But anyway, thanks Stern!

#6830 5 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Man, it would really be awesome if someone took up the call on a laser mod.

Then you would officially own a PROMIUM!

e14d47cc04ae25444eab32b80a45c8b1cebe3e44.png (resized).pnge14d47cc04ae25444eab32b80a45c8b1cebe3e44.png (resized).png
#6831 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

What bug was this?

just stupid stuff like "pops score 2,000" or whatever but it doesnt actually change the pops scoring, nothing game breaking but kind of annoying and you would think it could be fixed easy to add in when they did these other fixes.

#6832 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I guess I have to go find a hat to eat...

This guy say’s that you can have his hat. LOL!
41683B44-37A2-46F5-BC70-131D293ACB09 (resized).jpeg41683B44-37A2-46F5-BC70-131D293ACB09 (resized).jpeg

#6833 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

just stupid stuff like "pops score 2,000" or whatever but it doesnt actually change the pops scoring, nothing game breaking but kind of annoying and you would think it could be fixed easy to add in when they did these other fixes.

Have you given it a physical check to see if it’s been fixed? I have noticed changes on other games that where not listed in the update list readme.

#6834 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Have you given it a physical check to see if it’s been fixed? I have noticed changes on other games that where not listed in the update list readme.

I have not updated my code, I have the movie edit right now that I prefer over these changes at this time.

#6835 5 years ago

Then you would officially own a PROMIUM!

Lol, that's actually what I call mine. I have around 20 different mods on my machine.

#6836 5 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Lol, that's actually what I call mine. I have around 20 different mods on my machine.

I didn’t even realise there was 20 different mods for ST

#6837 5 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

I counted mine last night. I have 21 and soon to be 22 mods..

1) shaker motor
2) sub woofer
3) topper
4) Aurich art package
5) color lcd
6) plastic protectors
7) under cab lighting
8) dmd guard
9) vengeance nacelle diffusers
10) vengeance visor kit
11) vengeance explosion mod
12) vengeance spring cover mod
13) nebula mod
14) warp ramp Chaser lights
15) warp ramp insignia diffuser
16) warp ramp red light insignia mod
17 flasher diffusers
18) drink holder
19) Star Trek insignia decal for drink holder
20) art blades
21 service rails
22) soon to be lighted acrylic speaker grills.

#6838 5 years ago

About the lighted acrylic speaker grills?

Anyone try the pinballbulbs.com (Stern Blue Speaker Light Kit)
https://www.pinballbulbs.com/products/stern-blue-speaker-light-kit

with the Acrylic Designs Star Trek grills
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Acrylic-Designs.html

I’m wondering if the two will work together?
*** I don’t want color changing and remote control. I just want it to turn on and off with machine.
8DC49D5A-15AE-4F77-9250-25FDD36477C5 (resized).png8DC49D5A-15AE-4F77-9250-25FDD36477C5 (resized).png8E51A876-083D-4EDF-961E-9AC70D93BB9D (resized).jpeg8E51A876-083D-4EDF-961E-9AC70D93BB9D (resized).jpeg

Added over 6 years ago:

After investigating this option, it costs only a little over $6.00 more to just order the RGB light kit and acrylics from speaker lightkits.com and only pay shipping one time. Plus you get much more versatile system.

#6839 5 years ago

1) shaker motor
2) sub woofer
3) topper
4) Aurich art package
5) color lcd
6) plastic protectors
7) under cab lighting
8) dmd guard
10) vengeance visor kit
13) nebula mod
17 flasher diffusers
18) drink holder
20) art blades
21 service rails

Nice list. With my 2 mods you'd have 24.

#6840 5 years ago

Do you really count the drink caddy a mod? It really has no bearing in game play or visual stimulation!
I personally consider them to be a option. A option that will be on every machine I own so therefore it becomes standard to me. Kinda like flipper buttons!

#6841 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

It really has no bearing in game play or visual stimulation!

But it does visually stimulate me when I see a beer in it!
And the beer most definitely has a bearing on game play!

There would still be enough mods to make it a Promium.
So Cheers!

#6842 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Do you really count the drink caddy a mod? It really has no bearing in game play or visual stimulation!
I personally consider them to be a option. A option that will be on every machine I own so therefore it becomes standard to me. Kinda like flipper buttons!

Did you know PBL has red and blue transparent removeable cup holders? They are way cool.

#6843 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Did you know PBL has red and blue transparent removeable cup holders? They are way cool.

Can’t find them. Link?

#6844 5 years ago

Can’t find them. Link?

Here ya go. My red and blue Pincup Light Ups really light them up. https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4539

#6845 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Here ya go. My red and blue Pincup Light Ups really light them up. https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4539

I thought those cost more...I have one on my ST, that came off my Family Guy when I sold her...all my other pins have .50 cent Walmart cupholders

#6847 5 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

I thought those cost more...I have one on my ST, that came off my Family Guy when I sold her...all my other pins have .50 cent Walmart cupholders

The old design were $12.95 and this design was $13.95 I think. Looks like they don't sell the old design any more.

#6848 5 years ago

1) shaker motor
2) sub woofer
3) topper
4) Aurich art package
5) color lcd
6) plastic protectors
7) under cab lighting
8) dmd guard
10) vengeance visor kit
13) nebula mod
17 flasher diffusers
18) drink holder
20) art blades
21 service rails

Nice! Here's my list off the top of my head.

1) Aurich's art package(trans+decal set)
2) Pinball Refinery's custom led backbox(for Aurich's trans art)
3) Speaker RGB lights
4) Speaker grills w/SF emblem
5) ColorDMD
6) Vengeance nacelle diffusers
7) Vengeance visor kit
8) Vengeance explosion mod
9) Vengeance spring cover mod
10) Warp ramp insignia diffuser
11) Warp ramp chase lights
12) Asteroid cluster mod
13) Zitt's pop caps
14) Klingon BoP mod
15) Hallmark USS Enterprise ornament mod
16) Mirror blades
17) LED flipper buttons
18) Under apron light strip
19) Plastic protectors
20) Cliffy's protectors
21) Freddy's Alpha/Beta ramp protectors
22) Superbands flippers(blue lower, red upper), posts(various)
23) PDI glass
24) Custom movie soundtrack code

Oh yes, and a couple of drink holders.

#6849 5 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

6) Vengeance nacelle diffusers
13) Zitt's pop caps
14) Klingon BoP mod

Come on; I know you've install my other mods:
Nebula Mod
USS Kelvin
Warp Ramp LED
Or have you forgotten?

If you have a Premium or LE; you should look at these two other products:
GI_Dimmer /w Blackout
Laser upgrade

I remind everyone to check out the Comprehensive Mod List for Stern_Star Trek on my blog... I may need to sanitize it for the Vault build.

#6850 5 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Promium indeed!

You should post some pictures!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 40.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus
Lighting
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing
Hardware
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
4,849 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carson City, NV
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
There are 10,764 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/137 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.