PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 217.
#6751 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Have you actually met the stern team?
Have you actually seen them revisit code?
Yeah; when the redo the art like on BM66 or SMVault.... sure.
But They didn't revisit (IIRC) for IMVE or the others.
I'd love to be wrong; but not holding my breath.

Pretty sure they did reopen the IM code for the VE, if only to ensure an LED Vault Edition of the original didn’t look all flickery and stoopid. ST is already LED though, so likely they’ll do naff-all and just print some more money. I’d love to be wrong though, having owned an LE and sold it. Great game, which could be even better with some polish.

#6752 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I like the way your thinking about adding the things you want to it, but isn't there some physical play differences between the pro and Premium? It appears there is so much more for the money with the premium. Is it worth the extra cost?

I think the Premium is awesome and the LE is the most awesome pinball ever created! Yes it's worth it if you don't mind paying for it. I am happy with the pro as the differences in play aren't that great. The truth is, I would have bought a used Premium if the opportunity presented itself. But this Pro version came up with the Aurich art package and it's HUO in cherry condition and a good price! And only 135 miles from me which is extremely lucky where I live!

#6753 5 years ago

I just installed the color LCD last night and WOW!!!! I like the DotsXL and SCAN mode the best. Scan mode is a much nicer high res mode than HiRes is. It doesn't look so smoothed out and corny. Zitt was right! It's a must.

FYI,
I took out the shaker motor and turned one weight 90 degrees offset to the other. This solved the problem I was having with the whole table vibrating badly during Klingon Multi Ball. Now it's perfect.

#6754 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

I just installed the color LCD last night and WOW!!!! I like the DotsXL and SCAN mode the best. Scan mode is a much nicer high res mode than HiRes is. It doesn't look so smoothed out and corny. Zitt was right! It's a must.

I told you, glad you like it. LCD is super nice in ST, gonna look dang good when GB is done LCD FTW!

#6755 5 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

I told you, glad you like it. LCD is super nice in ST, gonna look dang good when GB is done LCD FTW!

Ya, you guys were not kidding!
I see what you mean about the gap! Not a big deal but an easy fix with weather stripping.

#6756 5 years ago

Dumb question... but is the Aurich package still available to buy?
I found the order website, I just want to make sure there’s stock before I drop the Pay Pal funds...
Anyone order it recently?

Wanted to round out the colour DMD I recently put on my pro (and love)...

My cabinet sub recently got cooked somehow so I was going to do the Pinball Pro speaker kit for it... worthwhile? I already have it wired to an external sub...

Thanks!

#6757 5 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

I found the order website, I just want to make sure there’s stock before I drop the Pay Pal funds...
My cabinet sub recently got cooked somehow so I was going to do the Pinball Pro speaker kit for it... worthwhile? I already have it wired to an external sub...
Thanks!

No it’s not. Pretty sure he caught a C&D from Stern.

Pinball Pro is good (I’ve installed them in the past) but you pay ALOT more than if you just sourced and installed some better speakers on your own, and I think your external sub is probably already doing all the work. I don’t find the stock speakers in Stern games to be all that bad tho, they’re much better than the old Williams ones anyways.

#6758 5 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

Thanks!

Nope....Shut down by the "Man"....Glad I grabbed mine in anticipation of grabbing a ST in the future, which I did...He sold off some leftovers s few months ago, but I believe everything is gone now..

#6759 5 years ago

Ya, you guys were not kidding!
I see what you mean about the gap! Not a big deal but an easy fix with weather stripping.

Yup yup, ColorDMD really should sell a foam kit.

Get BLACK foam, not grey or dark grey, no weather stripping.

#6760 5 years ago

Kofforjustgetadisplaythatfitskoff.

Damn man, allergies will get ya.

#6761 5 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

Thanks!

PM Aurich!

#6762 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

No it’s not. Pretty sure he caught a C&D from Stern.
Pinball Pro is good (I’ve installed them in the past) but you pay ALOT more than if you just sourced and installed some better speakers on your own, and I think your external sub is probably already doing all the work. I don’t find the stock speakers in Stern games to be all that bad tho, they’re much better than the old Williams ones anyways.

Thanks for the advice. Want to get a new cabinet speaker if I ever decide to sell the machine. (Doubtful)

Was just debating getting the new backbox speakers as well...The Stern ones aren’t that bad, but the ones in my Star Wars premium machine are much better... Just wasn’t sure if it was worth it.

Any recommendation on a “standard” speaker that may work?

Thanks again!

#6763 5 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

Was just debating getting the new backbox speakers as well...The Stern ones aren’t that bad, but the ones in my Star Wars premium machine are much better.

I didn't know the premiums had better back box speakers? The Spike2 system is stereo and has better fidelity I think? Someone please straighten me out on this.
I plan to install a Pinball Pro sub woofer in my ST pro and I would also like to know if it's worth upgrading the back box speakers?
Thanks

#6764 5 years ago

I didn't know the premiums had better back box speakers? The Spike2 system has better fidelity I think? Someone please straighten me out on this.
I plan to install a Pinball Pro sub woofer in my ST pro and I would also like to know if it's worth upgrading the back box speakers?
Thanks

Get the Pinovators little sub woofer board, $26 I think and add a self powered external sub, I have them on my games and it makes a BIG difference in sub sound quality.

#6765 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

More
Get the Pinovators little sub woofer board, $26 I think and add a self powered external sub, I have them on my games and it makes a BIG difference in sub sound quality.

Most powered subs can accept speaker inputs. No subwoofer board required AND surprisingly, you can safely connect 2 pins to one sub! I have 4 pins plugged into 2 subs. Huge difference, explosions are enormous!

#6766 5 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

Most powered subs can accept speaker inputs. No subwoofer board required AND surprisingly, you can safely connect 2 pins to one sub! I have 4 pins plugged into 2 subs. Huge difference, explosions are enormous!

OK,
Thanks

#6767 5 years ago

A normal powered subwoofer already has the crossover, just run speaker cords from the tabs on the games subwoofer to an external sub. I solder them onto the games subwoofer but alligator clips work just fine too. Best mod in all of pinball. Makes the game very immersive. Have had them on every game for about 15 years. Really good on ST.

#6768 5 years ago

so which external subs you guys like for the games, and where did you buy them?

#6769 5 years ago

I just have a couple of cheap (under $100 a few years ago) Sony's from Best Buy.

#6771 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Polk PSW10 FTW.
amazon.com link »
Goes on sale from time to time too!

Most popular one on Pinside. Sometimes the price gets down to $80 shipped.

#6772 5 years ago

joined the club times three. Have DE Star Trek, ST:TNG and Stern Star Trek Premium. Have colorDMD LED (of course as its the best ).

Neil.

#6773 5 years ago

one of the nacelles on my enterprise is slightly off, its not straight, anyone else had this?

#6774 5 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

That's the way I used to have my subs hooked up but when I put that board on the sound improved quite a bit.

#6775 5 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

Most powered subs can accept speaker inputs. No subwoofer board required. Huge difference, explosions are enormous!

You were right!
I just cut one end off a single mono RCA cable and soldered it to the cabinet woofer terminals and ran it to my powered sub on floor under pin and WOW! What a mega improvement! My powered sub only has one RCA input on it.

#6776 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's the way I used to have my subs hooked up but when I put that board on the sound improved quite a bit.

Did you have two pinball machines going to one powered sub?
I'm only connecting one pinball machine to one powered sub. I wonder if that would make the difference?

#6777 5 years ago

So I just received a NIB Premium (2016 run) and, in the process of adding Pinstadium, I found I'm missing the GI that illuminates the plastic between the warp ramp and left ramp. Wondering if anyone else has discovered this or other missing items from the original run? The first pic is my game.

2016 run (resized).png2016 run (resized).pngEarly run premium - back (resized).pngEarly run premium - back (resized).pngF11356 (resized).jpegF11356 (resized).jpeg
#6778 5 years ago

After 2 years of waiting it looks like our patience are going to be rewarded, good news from this months Stern of Union post:

Star Trek – We’ve done a bug fix update that will coincide with our recently announced vault release. This code update will work on all Star Trek models.

#6779 5 years ago

woohoo!

#6780 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

After 2 years of waiting it looks like our patience are going to be rewarded, food news from this months Stern of Union post:
Star Trek – We’ve done a bug fix update that will coincide with our recently announced vault release. This code update will work on all Star Trek models.

yuppers, its in there.

http://www.sternpinball.com/community/stern-of-the-union-address-june-2018

#6781 5 years ago

Man!
I guess I waited until the right time to finally get a ST. First the long awaited color DMD, now the code update!
And I only had it for 10 days!

#6782 5 years ago

oh a re-run

may be i should build some of this again?

#6783 5 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

oh a re-run

Glad i just got the last one!!!

#6784 5 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

oh a re-run

ST PMM screen vault re-run time!

#6785 5 years ago

may be also if the build new premiums

i hope you know the blackout mod

#6786 5 years ago

and the stainless steel speaker panels

DSC_0834 (resized).jpgDSC_0834 (resized).jpg
#6787 5 years ago

Someone make a green laser star field mod I can add to my Pro!
Green laser is so bright you won't have to dim playfield. I know this because I have a red/green laser projector in my game room and it casts dots onto my ST play field while I'm playing and they show up great.

#6788 5 years ago
Quoted from cpiel:

So I just received a NIB Premium (2016 run) and, in the process of adding Pinstadium, I found I'm missing the GI that illuminates the plastic between the warp ramp and left ramp. Wondering if anyone else has discovered this or other missing items from the original run? The first pic is my game.

Your pictures don't add up, the under playfield you highlight is not the same spot as the LED you point out on top.

For what it's worth, I have a 2016 run premium and have the LED you point to on top.

#6789 5 years ago

Ask and you shall receive...

Robert

http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/modifications-bolt-on-mods-star-trek-laser-upgrade-p-40.html

#6791 5 years ago

Premium-envy setting in so quickly? LOL...

Let me point you to the FAQ on that one...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-blue-red-or-green-laser-upgrade-kits#post-3109969

#6792 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Premium-envy setting in so quickly? LOL...
Let me point you to the FAQ on that one...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-blue-red-or-green-laser-upgrade-kits#post-3109969

Not really,
I have a red/green laser projector on ceiling that fills the room and playfield with moving dots already. Just doesn't turn on and off with game play.
I suppose I could rig up a relay if I can figure out what circuit to tap into for control signal?
This beats the shit out of the stock play field laser!

Laser Power: G:50mW green laser(532nm) R: 120mW red laser(650nm)
XC-E-008-hot-selling-red-green (resized).jpgXC-E-008-hot-selling-red-green (resized).jpg

#6793 5 years ago

Anyone install the Mezel Mods Warp Ramp chaser LEDs? How did that work out? Does tape hold up long term?

#6794 5 years ago
Quoted from cpiel:

Serious question. Just curious why you would add Pinstadium? ST is one of the brightest machines I've ever seen.

#6795 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Serious question. Just curious why you would add Pinstadium? ST is one of the brightest machines I've ever seen.

I would never put pinstadium on this machine. It's very bright, perfect the way it is. Mirror blades would look great. I loved my pro, going to get a premium in the near future.

#6796 5 years ago

Did you have two pinball machines going to one powered sub?

No, only every other game has a sub.

#6797 5 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I would never put pinstadium on this machine. It's very bright, perfect the way it is. Mirror blades would look great. I loved my pro, going to get a premium in the near future.

I have mirror blades on my Promium and they look great.

#6798 5 years ago

Haha Promium

That's what I turned mine into as well, now I have a name for it. Thanks Paul

#6799 5 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Haha Promium
That's what I turned mine into as well, now I have a name for it. Thanks Paul

Your welcome. Mine's all chromed out except for the coin door and lots of mods too but I didn't color puke the lighting.

#6800 5 years ago

I guess I have a Promium too.. LOL

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 217.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/136?hl=dts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.