PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 217.
#6601 6 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Joined the club and am loving it. Was curious on the three blue Led lights on the vengeance. The one on the left is out. Easy fix? I apologize if this is discussed elsewhere. Thanks.

Welcome to the club.

Quoted from bigd1979:

Joined the club and i must say ...what a fast and flowing pin. Only thing im mad at is waiting forever to own one. I may even upgrade to a le.

Welcome to the club, I've had my Pro for 3 years and still LOVE it. I chromed mine out except for the coin door. Good luck finding an LE, they don't come up for sale very often. You'll pay top buck if you can find one.

#6602 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Welcome to the club.

Welcome to the club, I've had my Pro for 3 years and still LOVE it. I chromed mine out except for the coin door. Good luck finding an LE, they don't come up for sale very often. You'll pay top buck if you can find one.

Yea im a sucker for the lightshow lol but not sure its worth the extra 4k over the pro..... especially since i just found the aurich package and shaker for my pro.

#6603 6 years ago

Oh the LE is definitely worth it, it as in $. Love mine seriously with the movie music and color dmd! It’s stunning blue armor with awesome light Show best Stern LE to date RGB over the pro sexy as they come. Find one you better buy it.

Carry on and enjoy

#6604 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Joined the club and i must say ...what a fast and flowing pin. Only thing im mad at is waiting forever to own one. I may even upgrade to a le.

I feel the same way (although still don't see the value of prem/le but I'm not a ST guy) - this game was a total sleeper for me. Someone recommended and I said sure why not. Wow what a flow, great sounds and effects and love that gravity shot. Great value too.

I also love the stock music. The only update I made was too play the movie theme during game over. Fits well

#6605 6 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

Oh the LE is definitely worth it

Without a doubt!!! This is one LE that really sets itself apart.....

#6606 6 years ago

Everytime I see Stock Popcaps on a game... I die a little inside. :tear:

#6607 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

The ones you sold me about 2 years ago are still in the box...I should probably put them on some time!

Robert

#6608 6 years ago

What are you waiting for! Zits caps are F ing sweet!! The originals are generic!!!!!

#6609 6 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

What are you waiting for! Zits caps are F ing sweet!! The originals are generic!!!!!

Agree again!!! look like they belonged on the game to start....a sign of a legit mod!!!

#6610 6 years ago

Starting to get into the flow of this thing!!!! Any tips to key point shots? Have only broken 120m so far, but having a blast doing so.....

#6611 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

seriously. You have one of the best mods with your caps. SO MUCH BETTER! Best of all super easy to install on pro.

#6612 6 years ago

I actually don't mind the stock caps... I looked at Zits caps, I like them....But I like the stock ones too, so it's a 50/50 for me...

#6613 6 years ago

i have some speaker panels and video mods in stock

fe6de4413c5746eb80a5e4f3c026c1b70600f308 (resized).jpgfe6de4413c5746eb80a5e4f3c026c1b70600f308 (resized).jpg

#6614 6 years ago

Gave my ST some more love. Just installed the Zitt pop bumper caps and they look great.

ST2 (resized).jpgST2 (resized).jpg
ST1 (resized).jpgST1 (resized).jpg

#6615 6 years ago

If anyone who changed out their bumper caps with something else who is willing to sell their factory ones please pm me. I would like to buy them. Thanks!

#6616 6 years ago
Quoted from crank:

If anyone who changed out their bumper caps with something else who is willing to sell their factory ones please pm me. I would like to buy them. Thanks!

PM Sent!

#6617 6 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Joined the club and am loving it. Was curious on the three blue Led lights on the vengeance. The one on the left is out. Easy fix? I apologize if this is discussed elsewhere. Thanks.

Can anyone help out one of our latest members with his question above??

Would be great to have this answered and referenced for future reference for all of us, I will definitely need it as I plan on being buried with my LE

#6618 6 years ago

I don’t imagine it’s the easiest fix. I’m sure just pulling the Vengeance out will make any troubleshooting or repair easier. Trace the wires back, look for breaks, maybe a loose connection... but if there are no breaks or connector issues you more than likely are gonna need to replace that LED.

#6619 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I don’t imagine it’s the easiest fix. I’m sure just pulling the Vengeance out will make any troubleshooting or repair easier. Trace the wires back, look for breaks, maybe a loose connection... but if there are no breaks or connector issues you more than likely are gonna need to replace that LED.

Is pulling Vengeance fairly easy? I've got a couple of rubbers on the right side I can't get to without removing it...a bit intimidating mechanism.

Sorry for not reading through all the posts yet....new to the club, as well....thanks....

#6620 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Is pulling Vengeance fairly easy?

nope lol

#6621 6 years ago

ha....this I figured....

#6622 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

ha....this I figured....

take lots of pictures and put items in zip lock bags with labels on them.

#6623 6 years ago

I would start out by following the wires underneath the playfield - there's probably a connector under there. then wire up a 9volt battery to a couple of wire to check to see if the light comes on. If not then there is probably a break where the led attaches to the wiring (or less likely that the led is bad). If the light doesn't turn on then the issue is further upstream. Before I took apart the vengeance I would make sure I had to take it apart.

#6624 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

take lots of pictures and put items in zip lock bags with labels on them.

Yea, I got clear Titans everywhere except the 2 inlane posts, under Vengeance. Think I will keep it our little secret for now....machine plays fine, and rubbers are good....

#6625 6 years ago

I'd also check the connectors going to the nacelles before ripping it apart.
The nacelles are screwed on so you might be able to do something to repair it without having to take apart the Vengeance.
Check my blog post about the Nacelles; maybe there is some info there:
http://pinball-mods.com/blogs/?p=476

If you do have to pull off the Vengeance, the instructions for my popcaps should help:
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/modifications-bolt-on-mods-stern-star-trek-popcaps-p-31.html

#6626 6 years ago

So, the two bulbs in the spotlights on top of my slings keep popping out. I finally changed them out for different bulbs after one got stuck in the trough and another smashed to hell in the slings. Not sure these new bulbs are going to last. Anyone have a trick to make sure they stay in there.

#6627 6 years ago

I believe Stern made an updated spotlight that holds the bulbs in better on subsequent releases. I’ve also heard of people using a little tape or glue.

#6628 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

So, the two bulbs in the spotlights on top of my slings keep popping out. I finally changed them out for different bulbs after one got stuck in the trough and another smashed to hell in the slings. Not sure these new bulbs are going to last. Anyone have a trick to make sure they stay in there.

yeah used a glue gun to lock em in. real pain when they get stuck in the trough

#6629 6 years ago

Same on spotlights, dbl stick tape is a good 99% fix.

The one I didnt have taped fell out and Vengeance drop target broke my plastic all on the first ball a couple days ago. Sucks. First world problems...

#6630 6 years ago

I use museum putty for any wedge LED that's either falling out of a spotlight, or flickering. Just a tiny pinch of it.

#6631 6 years ago

STERN STAR TREK PRO ColorDMD LCD INSTALL WITH SPEAKER PANEL LIGHTS

Tonight I finished up my ColorDMD LCD panel install on my ST Pro. First off, Doug and the ColorDMD folks provide a top notch product and even greater service. The Stern metal speaker panels pose some challenges for the LCD install because the larger LCD panel has very little to mount on as well as the gap between the shield and how the larger panel must mount. Also, speaker panel lights cause an extra challenge due to light bleed. Wooden panels, like I have on my LOTR are much simpler even though I used a little extra strips of weather stripping on my LOTR. Not as easy for the ST...that required some thought. I did search but only found minimal info, possibly my search skills leave something to be desired. However, figuring out how to do a mod properly is part of the fun of this hobby for me.

I bought a pack of weatherstripping for about $3, pic below. Then with my ColorDMD order I took the default shield and stand off kit that was included. Prior to my order, I did also email ColorDMD to double check I was buying all I needed and Doug responded quickly. I took the original DMD out and the red shield off. Then I put the clear shield on. Then I used 2 washers for each corner screw and then mounted the double female posts all around. The washers help give some threads for the other screw post to screw into.

I then cut weather stripping for the sides next to the lighted speakers first, then I put another piece to act as a side border inside the shield, then repeated on the other side. Then I put a piece lengthwise on the bottom part of the inside of the speaker panel. Then I cut a notch in the middle of the next piece of weatherstrip for the spare screw and that made a nice bottom border. The top part of the panel above the shield was a little more of a challenge, I ran a piece lengthwise and adhered that to the back side of the panel, this gave me a mounting spot for the next piece of weatherstrip on the top, I cut the same kind of notch for the spare screw on the top as well. Another pic below.

Now I was ready to mount the DMD panel but the post screws were a little too long to get the panel snug and I was out of washers. So I used the original DMD bolts to act as a spacer/big washer, which provided the correct spacing to secure the panel tight. Close up pic and backside of mounted panel pic below. As a note, I grounded the panel with the ground from the speaker. I added the green frog tape to the top side of the weatherstrip to cover the adhesive and help avoid me sticking my finger in the adhesive when I go to remove the panel in the future. Then I did the USB update reinstalled the panel and happy to see no light bleed, looks great. I posted this in hopes that this might help someone in the future. I am sure there are other methods available that may yield better results, however, I am pleased with how it worked out.

Foam (resized).jpgFoam (resized).jpg
Speaker Panel1 (resized).jpgSpeaker Panel1 (resized).jpg
bolt (resized).jpgbolt (resized).jpg
back (resized).jpgback (resized).jpg
color (resized).jpgcolor (resized).jpg

#6632 6 years ago

Looks good! Love that translite!

#6633 6 years ago

Thanks gun. As an update, this AM the top weatherstrip fell down on the one side. So I put another piece of weatherstrip above it facing the rear of the speaker panel on top of the other piece. I was concerned prior about this and overall thickness. The two facing the rear are just a little thicker and no big deal. Here is an updated pic. I do not expect the weatherstrip to fall back down, if so I will need some tape on top for additional support. Then I added another piece above that on the top because I had leftover weatherstrip. This used up almost the whole roll of weatherstrip.

back2 (resized).jpgback2 (resized).jpg

#6634 6 years ago

That auxiliary transistor board is giving me some issues. I’m gonna have it fixed again, but does anyone know the best place to score a replacement ?

2 weeks later
#6635 5 years ago

Who needs another topper idea? usually 250, about $80 with prime.

https://www.amazon.com/Mega-Bloks-Enterprise-Collector-Construction/dp/B01ARGB91K

712DBC5eO3L._SL1500_ (resized).jpg712DBC5eO3L._SL1500_ (resized).jpg

1 week later
#6636 5 years ago

Just joined the club with a ST Premium. Under 300 plays. This game is fantastic. It completes my collection nicely, as I hit my space limit (and wife's tolerance limit!!).

It does have a couple of issues. (1) The warp ramp is a mess....completely non-repeatable. The ball comes out so fast that 1/4 of the time it ends up in the shooter lane. Most of the time it just bounces two or three times, and it's past the flipper. I've seen a couple of fixes on the forums, so I'll try to tackle that. (2) The standup target just to the left of left orbit is leaning into the orbit and kicks the ball SDTM on a slow rollback. Don't know if that can be adjusted, or if the adjustment is "just bend it".

Other than that I love this game! Next step is a colorDMD and maybe an entire speaker panel. The basic one is pretty bland compared to the rest of the cabinet and playfield. Is there only one source for colorDMDs? I'm not crazy about the "cartoonish" look of some of them. Is that a setting? Also, I see a lot of talk about alternate translites. What are the options, and which do you recommend for quality and price?

#6637 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

(1) The warp ramp is a mess....completely non-repeatable. The ball comes out so fast that 1/4 of the time it ends up in the shooter lane. Most of the time it just bounces two or three times, and it's past the flipper. I've seen a couple of fixes on the forums, so I'll try to tackle that.

Congrats on your purchase! I tried everything to get the warp ramp dialed in, and what finally worked for me is putting some sticky felt on it where it exits the backbox. It slows down the ball just enough that gravity can catch up and bring the ball down to the playfield before it lunges forward into the shooter lane.

#6638 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Just joined the club with a ST Premium. Under 300 plays. This game is fantastic. It completes my collection nicely, as I hit my space limit (and wife's tolerance limit!!).
It does have a couple of issues. (1) The warp ramp is a mess....completely non-repeatable. The ball comes out so fast that 1/4 of the time it ends up in the shooter lane. Most of the time it just bounces two or three times, and it's past the flipper. I've seen a couple of fixes on the forums, so I'll try to tackle that. (2) The standup target just to the left of left orbit is leaning into the orbit and kicks the ball SDTM on a slow rollback. Don't know if that can be adjusted, or if the adjustment is "just bend it".
Other than that I love this game! Next step is a colorDMD and maybe an entire speaker panel. The basic one is pretty bland compared to the rest of the cabinet and playfield. Is there only one source for colorDMDs? I'm not crazy about the "cartoonish" look of some of them. Is that a setting? Also, I see a lot of talk about alternate translites. What are the options, and which do you recommend for quality and price?

Whoa!!! congrats....I enjoy my STLE tremendously.....warp ramp is crazy fast...takes a little practice (and I'm an average player at best) but you can actually get the hang of the speed...game flows great!!!

ColorDMD is awesome on this title....highly recommend it. I don't have any input on the alt translite, as I'm good w mine....

Pretty sharp turn from your "TAF,TZ, TRON" comparison thread. What made you choose ST? Just curious (I've got them all, but very different, for sure)...think expanding your gameroom, and keeping your Wife happy is in your future.... ....this stuff is addictive....Enjoy!!!!...mark

#6639 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Whoa!!! congrats....I enjoy my STLE tremendously.....warp ramp is crazy fast...takes a little practice (and I'm an average player at best) but you can actually get the hang of the speed...game flows great!!!
ColorDMD is awesome on this title....highly recommend it. I don't have any input on the alt translite, as I'm good w mine....
Pretty sharp turn from your "TAF,TZ, TRON" comparison thread. What made you choose ST? Just curious (I've got them all, but very different, for sure)...think expanding your gameroom, and keeping your Wife happy is in your future.... ....this stuff is addictive....Enjoy!!!!...mark

All of these were on my wishlist. Those three were all for sale around me at over $7k, and I knew I could just get one. But $7k for TAF or TZ had me second guessing. I checked CL Tuesday morning, and there it was...a ST Prem w/low plays an hour away. Mid $6's and all stock, so it'll be pushing $7k if I put in the colorDMD. ST Prem was my #1. Emailed right away, and he was the original owner with receipt from Gex in Denver. It's in perfect shape, and when I checked the audits, wow!!

I may have overpaid by a few hundred, but for less than 300 plays, I'm ok with that. He was a great guy, not a pinhead. He bought it for the ST theme. Sometimes you just get lucky. But I tell you, two 50 year old guys lugging that thing up a narrow staircase was not fun!

#6640 5 years ago

Welcome. I also second the ColorDMD mod. There is really only ColorDMD... while there are copycats out there... their tools and coloring capability are garbage. Further the ColorDMD only colors dots that are there, so the cartoonish nature are the dots stern provided. Unless Stern sells a retrofit with all-new high rez dots; I don't think you are going to find anything better.

When your pocket book recovers from the STPrem purchase; you should look at my products:
Stern Star Trek ModsStern Star Trek Mods
http://pinball-mods.com/url/SternSTPMods

and the Comprehensive MOD list.

#6641 5 years ago

Welcome to the club! This game still remains one of my how did I miss it until now.... It still is satisfying and I'm someone that doesn't feel the need to hold onto anything.

I second the pop bumper Caps....

#6642 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

But I tell you, two 50 year old guys lugging that thing up a narrow staircase was not fun!

That is for sure!! Very cool how you were contemplating the others, and your next machine popped up, knowing this was right for you......

Great game....!!!!

#6643 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Welcome to the club, it's a keeper for sure.

#6644 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

All of these were on my wishlist. Those three were all for sale around me at over $7k, and I knew I could just get one. But $7k for TAF or TZ had me second guessing. I checked CL Tuesday morning, and there it was...a ST Prem w/low plays an hour away. Mid $6's and all stock, so it'll be pushing $7k if I put in the colorDMD. ST Prem was my #1. Emailed right away, and he was the original owner with receipt from Gex in Denver. It's in perfect shape, and when I checked the audits, wow!!
I may have overpaid by a few hundred, but for less than 300 plays, I'm ok with that. He was a great guy, not a pinhead. He bought it for the ST theme. Sometimes you just get lucky. But I tell you, two 50 year old guys lugging that thing up a narrow staircase was not fun!

If you struggled carrying the Star Trek than the tz would not have made it. Welcome to the club.

#6645 5 years ago

Just got in a few games. Here are some impressions. The felt strip helps with the warp ramp, but if you three in a row the ball still comes out of the exit and bounces away from the flipper. Don't know that four could even be possible. I need to do some studying of the rules. I'm not sure what to do with the modes. I'm just playing chase the lights. Got to Kobayashi and defeated the Vengeance...very fun. The laser show is also really cool.

The one thing I think is missing is at the start. When you push the start button, and the ball is sitting in the trough, the game should be playing BB Sabotage. That would be awesome!

#6646 5 years ago

So when I got my Star Trek pro the warp ramp extra ball award was set on three. Read various rule sheets that it is supposed to be awarded on four. The factory default is auto which never gave me an extra ball at all when I hit eight ramps. Should the factory default be giving me one at four warp ramps?

#6647 5 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

So when I got my Star Trek pro the warp ramp extra ball award was set on three. Read various rule sheets that it is supposed to be awarded on four. The factory default is auto which never gave me an extra ball at all when I hit eight ramps. Should the factory default be giving me one at four warp ramps?

Auto adjusts for your play. So depending on your machine at that time, auto might not award until later. When I left mine on auto, it crept over 9. I hard set it at 3 to give my wife and other guests a chance.

#6648 5 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Auto adjusts for your play. So depending on your machine at that time, auto might not award until later. When I left mine on auto, it crept over 9. I hard set it at 3 to give my wife and other guests a chance.

Oh, so that's why mine crept from 3 to 5! I thought I was having a stroke! Thanks!

I like/want mine set to three permanently. Sometimes I'm off on that shot all game and at 5 I just avoid it when my shooting's not "on".

#6649 5 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Thanks for the explanation, I guess I will just set it at four and be done with it.

#6650 5 years ago

Strategy question: Is it always beneficial to shoot the Galactic Away Team when it's lit and you're in a mode? I liken it to the Upgrade in GotG. That is always beneficial as it gives points and additional shots to complete modes. However, the Away Team shot alters the mode completely. Have had the game less than a week and Bowen's tutorial doesn't really go into this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 85.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

1,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 217.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/133?hl=vader77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.