By Jean-Luc-Picard

4 years ago

Stats

• 6,667 posts
  • 552 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Irishbastard
  • Topic is favorited by 231 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,149 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180516_204139 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_1183 (resized).JPG
IMG_1182 (resized).JPG
20180516_193105 (resized).jpg
SSTPopCap[1] (resized).png
712DBC5eO3L._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
back2 (resized).jpg
color (resized).jpg
back (resized).jpg
bolt (resized).jpg
Speaker Panel1 (resized).jpg
Foam (resized).jpg
ST2 (resized).jpg
ST1 (resized).jpg
fe6de4413c5746eb80a5e4f3c026c1b70600f308 (resized).jpg
20180402_011132 (resized).jpg

There are 6667 posts in topic. You are on page 130 of 134.
#6451 3 months ago

Welcome!

#6452 3 months ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Should have measured the cut out, 2x24 works perfect.

Got the EL paper in before panel! But I am going to order the 2x24 today and save the other one for another project!

#6453 3 months ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Got the EL paper in before panel! But I am going to order the 2x24 today and save the other one for another project!

2" x 12"

#6454 3 months ago

Hahahahaha, That's what I got!

#6455 3 months ago

Picking up my Pro at the weekend. So hyped. Going to give it a thorough modding

#6456 3 months ago

i have 2 stainless steel speaker panels

in stock at the moment

#6458 3 months ago
Quoted from Huggers:

Picking up my Pro at the weekend. So hyped. Going to give it a thorough modding

Congrats. You'll need my 2 mods then.

#6459 3 months ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Congrats. You'll need my 2 mods then.

Ha! Which are?

Edit, just seen, led leg protectors. V cool. Didn't even know that was a thing

#6460 3 months ago
Quoted from Huggers:

Ha! Which are?
Edit, just seen, led leg protectors. V cool. Didn't even know that was a thing

Here's my new one. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/volcano-a-new-mod-from-mustangpaul

#6461 3 months ago

I know this is kind of a fiddly ask, but can a premium or LE owner show how the wiring from the Vengeance is supposed to be run? Mine seems to hang up on something and rarely locks into full crash position. It already blew a transistor, so I pulled it out, verified all the coils are good, had the blown transistor replaced, even removed my interactive Vengeance light mod in case it was the issue, and no real change.

#6462 3 months ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Here's my new one

That's cool!!!

#6463 3 months ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I know this is kind of a fiddly ask, but can a premium or LE owner show how the wiring from the Vengeance is supposed to be run? Mine seems to hang up on something and rarely locks into full crash position. It already blew a transistor, so I pulled it out, verified all the coils are good, had the blown transistor replaced, even removed my interactive Vengeance light mod in case it was the issue, and no real change.

see post #6433 there are a few cases with the same issue.

#6464 3 months ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

see post #6433 there are a few cases with the same issue.

Thanks Beatmaster, the pix help.

I'm actually having the opposite issue tho...my Vengeance never crashes... it dives and shakes when you kill it but it but doesn't lock down. Very weird. Maybe if I can get another set of hands later I'll try to make a video.

#6465 3 months ago

20180204_110925 (resized).jpg

20180204_113704 (resized).jpg

20180204_142208 (resized).jpg

#6466 3 months ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Dang that thing aint NEVER gonna come off. I hope the light never burns out on ya.

#6467 3 months ago

Have you ever tilted while hitting warp shots?

I was completely in the zone yesterday, hitting warp after warp. Warp 1, Warp 2, Warp 3, Warp 4, Warp 5 [Holy crap, I’m doing awesome!], Warp 6, TILT!

I didn’t realize it, but I was subconsciously pushing the side of the pin with each flipper hit, willing the ball to get up the warp ramp. Eventually, it caught up to me, and I titled. I was so in the zone, I didn’t even hear the warning. Probably the best run I’ve had. Oh well .....

#6468 3 months ago

looks amazing! good job

1 have just 1 piece in stock now

tom

#6469 3 months ago

Only ever hit 3 warp ramps in a row.

#6470 3 months ago

Wanted to call attention to a Interactive Lighting project I've been working on for STNG's Borg, Romulan, and PopArea:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stng-a-reargi-prototype

with a direct link to an edited Gameplay video:
» YouTube video

#6471 3 months ago

Anyone have any ideas for a nice replacement rubber set to use for Star Trek? The original black rubber in my Stle has reached the end of its lifespan and is starting to make a mess everywhere. Not sure I like the look of all white and would like to try something other than factory black. Thanks!

#6472 3 months ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

Anyone have any ideas for a nice replacement rubber set to use for Star Trek? The original black rubber in my Stle has reached the end of its lifespan and is starting to make a mess everywhere. Not sure I like the look of all white and would like to try something other than factory black. Thanks!

Titan clear translucent look awesome on ST

#6473 3 months ago
Quoted from dug:

Cool! I'll check these out, thanks!

#6474 3 months ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

I used all Blue from Titan for ST, I really like it. I have the clear in AC/DC and really liking them there, might try clear for ST as well next time

#6475 3 months ago

I have blue Titans too. Look great!

#6476 3 months ago

Blue Titans as well. Seem to hold up well except the sling shot rubbers. Rotated them a few times before they broke. I'm trying the perfect play sling shot rubbers now but everything else is blue Titans

#6477 3 months ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

I use polyurethane in my STLE, rubber doesn't hold up. ST's eat rubber for some reason. I use some 3/8 for some areas, but mostly use the larger 7/16.

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3305
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3358

flippers & slings, I still prefer good old fashion black rubber.

#6478 3 months ago

Glad to report I am a new member of the club. Truly love the Aurich Mod translite set. Getting a Beastmaster mod as soon as they are done. Fun Game.

File Feb 11, 8 18 45 PM (resized).jpeg

File Feb 11, 8 18 26 PM (resized).jpeg

#6479 3 months ago

Welcome to the club, but please consider getting some blue flipper rubbers to match the slings.

#6480 3 months ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Welcome to the club, but please consider getting some blue flipper rubbers to match the slings.

Or some orange slings to match the flipper rubbers.

#6481 3 months ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Or some orange slings to match the flipper rubbers.

Or some Popcaps to match the theme... or hell; any of the other mods:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-comprehensive-mod-list

#6482 3 months ago

Speaking of rubbers, I just bought a sttng and came with red flipper rubbers and black slings. Guess I should not of poked fun a few posts up so what is the color of choice for sttng?

#6483 3 months ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Or some Popcaps to match the theme... or hell; any of the other mods:

I was a bit hesitant to replace the factory pop bumpers since, but glad I ordered them. Really breaks up all that blue in that corner. Thx Zitt.

IMO, I needed more light I went with some other lights.

pop1 (resized).JPG
pop3 (resized).JPG
poplight1 (resized).JPG
poplight2 (resized).JPG

#6484 3 months ago

only 1 ST stainless steel panel left !!!

#6485 3 months ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

only 1 ST stainless steel panel left !!!

Got mine installed yesterday. Looks incredible.

4B997DF4-4EB9-420D-98E4-E6716ACFD8F9 (resized).jpeg

#6486 3 months ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

IMO, I needed more light I went with some other lights.

I agree; it needs more light - however, on my machine - I noticed adding more light = more current = which causes the already overwhelmed controlled GI circuit to overload and go into short circuit mode. On my LE (and several other machines); this symptom shows up as the RGB inserts not working properly (flashing or completely dark).

IF you aren't seeing it; great. But keep it in mind.

Happy Birthday, Mr Steve Richie!

#6487 3 months ago

i added a external power supply to the cabinet from the 220V/110V side

there is a switched power cable next to the tilt, i think for a ticket box or so
this line is switched with the main switch
perfect to connect a external power supply

#6488 3 months ago
Quoted from dug:

+1 with light blue flipper rubbers

#6489 3 months ago

Anybody that has troubleshooted a switch or opto causing the game to select mission/auto plunge on it's own have a 10 second delay before happens? It happens like clockwork and waits 10 seconds every time but does not happen at start of game or when I end mission by draining. I have tried reseating connectors, putting in switch test and pounding on playfield with no phantom switch hits, not the vengance target because it does not score when it happens, timed plunger is off and flipper launch is off.

#6490 3 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

Anybody that has troubleshooted a switch or opto causing the game to select mission/auto plunge on it's own have a 10 second delay before happens? It happens like clockwork and waits 10 seconds every time but does not happen at start of game or when I end mission by draining. I have tried reseating connectors, putting in switch test and pounding on playfield with no phantom switch hits, not the vengance target because it does not score when it happens, timed plunger is off and flipper launch is off.

you mentioned reseating connectors, not sure which ones you did, did you re-seat the trough opto connectors? sometimes those come lose and can cause random issues like auto plunge

#6491 3 months ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

you mentioned reseating connectors, not sure which ones you did, did you re-seat the trough opto connectors? sometimes those come lose and can cause random issues like auto plunge

Yes have tried that also. I could swear it is a code/bug issue the way it behaves with the 10 second delay and not happening on start or mission drain. Read countless threads that code causing it is highly unlikely so must be a switch/opto that's not showing up in switch test.

#6492 3 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

Yes have tried that also. I could swear it is a code/bug issue the way it behaves with the 10 second delay and not happening on start or mission drain. Read countless threads that code causing it is highly unlikely so must be a switch/opto that's not showing up in switch test.

i had to replace my optos on the vengeance cause it was doing weird things in gameplay and triggering when the flippers flipped sometimes... but couldnt re-create it in test mode. had to tear almost the whole topside off to get to em. super lame design. might just be 1 bad opto causing it

edit: I think I may have bought a few extra optos when I did my vengeance, I can check later today when im off work

#6493 3 months ago

soon to be in this club....sorry for not going through all of it.....starters, colordmd, pdi, titan rubber.Think the one I'm going for has the cool pop caps. Whats the best topper for this one? Any other must have mods?

thanks, and hope to show pics of soon!!!!

#6494 3 months ago

Really can't go wrong with any of these...Assuming you mean a Stern that is

#6495 3 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

soon to be in this club....sorry for not going through all of it.....starters, colordmd, pdi, titan rubber.Think the one I'm going for has the cool pop caps. Whats the best topper for this one? Any other must have mods?
thanks, and hope to show pics of soon!!!!

My 2 mods look great on any game. Same with beatmasters 2 mods.

#6496 3 months ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Really can't go wrong with any of these...Assuming you mean a Stern that is

yes....STLE

#6497 3 months ago

My favorite mod is probably the theatrical soundtrack and external subwoofer, but I have a ton of others, hallmark ships, Aurich, ColorDMD, Zitt's stuff, lighted apron, lighted speakers, shaker, and on and on...

#6499 87 days ago
Quoted from mavantix:

My favorite mod is probably the theatrical soundtrack and external subwoofer, but I have a ton of others, hallmark ships, Aurich, ColorDMD, Zitt's stuff, lighted apron, lighted speakers, shaker, and on and on...

Pimped Out!!!

#6500 86 days ago

Will be joining the club soon. On the hunt for star trek pro. Seems like I missed out on Aurichs alternative set (damn that guy is talented - shadow now this?) But for someone joining what are the essentials? Warp speed mod looks good and the led around the vegence.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 96.77
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball-Mods.com
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Sale Pending!
Wood Dale, IL
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 989.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
8,500 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Marshville, NC
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 6667 posts in topic. You are on page 130 of 134.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside