Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 216.
#6401 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks, I found it on ebay for $5.99 a roll with free shipping from Il. The stuff I was using could only hold 2 lbs. Now I have to get that crap off the game and the panel without messing them up, the front of the panel stains even with finger prints. What do you use to clean the front if it gets stained?

I haven't had to clean it, but if it gets stained or so dirty that "Fantastic" won't clean it, I'd use Mother's aluminum wheel polish. That stuff is magic!

#6402 6 years ago
Quoted from mazzaneo:

Does this count?!?

Star Trek Generations Special Edition

#6405 6 years ago
Quoted from mazzaneo:

Does this count?!?

That's a rain gauge ... rain gauges are not on the list.

<sigh>
faz

#6406 6 years ago

Back in the club!!

B7F69196-03B4-49C2-86FB-1DE56C0F06E8 (resized).jpegB7F69196-03B4-49C2-86FB-1DE56C0F06E8 (resized).jpeg

C9B97931-C25A-4971-B10F-50184A746C01 (resized).jpegC9B97931-C25A-4971-B10F-50184A746C01 (resized).jpeg

#6407 6 years ago

NIB Premium? Did not realize they were still findable. Congrats

#6408 6 years ago

What's the deal on this game, and manufacture...did the license expire? I'm a bit of a Stern/Pinball in general noob...but am curious on how long titles may continue to be manufactured? I think Star Trek and Ghostbusters are among my favorite tables I've played. In chatting with another pinball person, he suggested Stern will be re-printing/producing recent games for a long time.

Thanks,

#6409 6 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

What's the deal on this game, and manufacture...did the license expire? I'm a bit of a Stern/Pinball in general noob...but am curious on how long titles may continue to be manufactured? I think Star Trek and Ghostbusters are among my favorite tables I've played. In chatting with another pinball person, he suggested Stern will be re-printing/producing recent games for a long time.
Thanks,

Stern built star treks for many years. They quit making it a year or so ago. It would be smart for Stern to do another final run of them.

#6410 6 years ago

Please do TRON Legacy VE before more Star Treks tho, Stern.

#6411 6 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

I backed out the screw a couple turns and haven't had any hang ups since 30 plays.

This has helped on mine, thanks.

#6412 6 years ago

I'm cleaning out the garage, if anyone was looking for my now out of print translite/decal package you might want to PM me.

#6413 6 years ago

I'm in!!!! I LOVE IT!

IMG_0055 (resized).JPGIMG_0055 (resized).JPG

#6414 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I fixed this for a friend of mine. Make sure that the optos on the ramp are aligned and that there's nothing blocking the IR beam. In his case, the chase lights had become unglued and were triggering the optos.

Would that me my issue as well? Often when I start a game, it automatically chooses a mode and shoots the ball. Is it an opto that needs adjusting?

#6415 6 years ago

Never mind , I found a thread that explains a possible remedy.

#6416 6 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Would that me my issue as well? Often when I start a game, it automatically chooses a mode and shoots the ball. Is it an opto that needs adjusting?

Quoted from Budman:

Never mind , I found a thread that explains a possible remedy.

Likely the Vengeance drop target. Hopefully that is the thread you found.

#6417 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm cleaning out the garage, if anyone was looking for my now out of print translite/decal package you might want to PM me.

Sorry to quote myself, but I've discovered chatting with people over PM that I apparently did this so long ago there are people in the club who've never seen it. Only have a couple left, but sharing pics of my old Premium with it installed. Was a fun project, the time for these underground unlicensed mods is kinda over now though.
cabinet-front.jpgcabinet-front.jpg
trifecta.jpgtrifecta.jpg
spinner.jpgspinner.jpg
shooter-housing.jpgshooter-housing.jpg

#6418 6 years ago

Picture doesn't do it justice, the closer you get to it the more detail you see. Incredible HD quality with perfect light diffusion.

#6419 6 years ago

I still have my TL in the game, soooo much better then the stock one. Better hurry up people.

#6420 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Picture doesn't do it justice, the closer you get to it the more detail you see. Incredible HD quality with perfect light diffusion.

Thanks! I don't want to toot my own horn, but I have to say I'm pretty proud of this one, was a really fun project, and I'm pleased with how it came out. Was a real challenge to do it from scratch without using any existing art or 3D models, by which I mean digital 3D, since I did build a physical model to photograph as a reference to digitally paint over.

I totally understand why Stern asked me to stop doing them, they gotta protect their license. The days where you could do things quietly just for the community are gone, Pinside got too big for that.

#6421 6 years ago

I have the full Aurich kit on my Star Trek Premium and have to say that it takes this stellar game to a whole new level. I’m glad that I was able to get mine before they were no longer available.

#6422 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Only have a couple left, but sharing pics of my old Premium with it installed. Was a fun project, the time for these underground unlicensed mods is kinda over now though.

Aurich, I'm interesting a small subset of the set if you have any that are incomplete due to damage of the larger set. I could use the shooter housing.

#6423 6 years ago
Quoted from billycrna:

I'm in!!!! I LOVE IT!

One of best games. Bought the premium until I found a mint LE. One of our favorites games!!!

#6424 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

One of best games. Bought the premium until I found a mint LE. One of our favorites games!!!

The LE is a TRUE LE.

#6425 6 years ago

I'm just going to leave this right here:

because; I hadn't seen until it was being shown on the Star Trek Cruise.

#6426 6 years ago

Hmmmmm..... I think you need to either move the Star Wars cabinet or Star Trek. There is some clashing going on there!!
I do myself love both themes too!

#6427 6 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Hmmmmm..... I think you need to either move the Star Wars cabinet or Star Trek. There is some clashing going on there!!
I do myself love both themes too!

He sold ST long ago and popularized the saying 'shoot blinky lights' while burning on the game play.

The translight is amazing though. As well as the TS one. Happy to have them both in my game room.

#6428 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Aurich, I'm interesting a small subset of the set if you have any that are incomplete due to damage of the larger set. I could use the shooter housing.

Not sure if I have any extra loose decals, someone else asked too, I need to dig into my garage stash to look.

All translite/decal packages but one are spoken for. Some people have asked if I'd break the last one up, but I'd rather not, it's all packaged together. Someone will want the full set.

#6429 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Someone will want the full set.

right thing to do. Someone is ALWAYS looking for this set for the pro.

#6430 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

right thing to do. Someone is ALWAYS looking for this set for the pro.

And they found me, just waiting for payment, but last one claimed. Thanks everybody

Edit: n/m he just paid, officially all gone!

#6431 6 years ago

If another of these were ever to surface or if someone would be willing to part with theirs for a profit, I would really love to make contact. I just purchased this pin, and its my first ever.

#6432 6 years ago

Any time that my Vengeance crashes, it stays crashed. When it’s time for it to come back up, it tries. However, it stays cashed. Anyone know how to rectify this? Thanks!

#6433 6 years ago
Quoted from billycrna:

Any time that my Vengeance crashes, it stays crashed. When it’s time for it to come back up, it tries. However, it stays cashed. Anyone know how to rectify this? Thanks!

make sure no pulling or dragging from any wires coming from the vengeance.
also maybe this could help:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stle-vengeance-down-wont-come-back-up#post-2313740

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-vengeance-mod-ship-nose-dives-and-doesnt-come-back-up#post-3632291

#6434 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Please do TRON Legacy VE before more Star Treks tho, Stern.

Yes!!!

#6435 6 years ago

In this video I install on my Star Trek Premium pinball machine the stainless DMD panel, lighted speaker mod, and blue EL Paper that fits behind the Star Trek logo of the panel.

Blog Post : (Parts List)
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2018/01/30/mod-install-install-of-star-trek-prem-stainless-dmd-panel-el-paper-and-lighted-speaker-mod-video/

Video :

Star Trek Speaker Lights and EL Paper Title (resized).jpgStar Trek Speaker Lights and EL Paper Title (resized).jpg
11 (resized).jpg11 (resized).jpg
21 (resized).jpg21 (resized).jpg
23 (resized).jpg23 (resized).jpg

#6436 6 years ago

Doing the exact same thing this weekend. Only thing I would add is that they make 12" x 2" Blue EL paper, $9.49 shipped. No splitters or extra wiring.

ebay.com link: EL Electroluminescent Tape Panel Back Light With Inverter Blue 12 Party Decor

#6437 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Doing the exact same thing this weekend. Only thing I would add is that they make 12" x 2" Blue EL paper, $9.49 shipped. No splitters or extra wiring.
ebay.com link » El Electroluminescent Tape Panel Back Light With Inverter Blue 12 Party Decor

Thanks for this! I have the stainless panel coming. How do you power it though?

#6438 6 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I'm just running the wires to a 12v splitter and connecting it with the speakers to the front of the cabinet 12v. Wiring it pretty much the same way he did. I also found 15lb outdoor double sided inside/outside tape at Walmart for $5. The guy who sells the stainless steel panels recommends drilling a hole into the DMD panel but I can't imagine why that would seem like a good idea to anyone. Running the wires along to the side seems like a much more logical (and reversible) solution.

#6439 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

ebay.com link » El Electroluminescent Tape Panel Back Light With Inverter Blue 12 Party Decor

That's what I used too.

#6440 6 years ago

Awesome! Thanks for doing this. Will be doing mine soon!

#6441 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's what I used too.

Me too.

#6442 6 years ago

Awwwww yes! I want to do this. Do you have links to the parts used? A bit rubbish at this sort of thing.

Ahhh forget that, just scanned through your blog

#6443 6 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

DylanFan, did you watch the video? LOL. Start at around 18:00. The power comes from the wires from the EL Paper going to the splitters in the back box. The splitters drop down from the back box into the cabinet which runs to the front of the game. Those wires tie into the EL Paper transformer that is at the front of the cabinet (Square Brick). The transformer plugs into the board from Pinball Life that allows multiple power sources into the game. Its a pretty easy setup. Go to my blog to see what needs to be bought. I agree, buy a bigger piece of EL paper if you can find it. You can cut down on supplies and cost. Good luck with the install

#6444 6 years ago

Well, that’s not going to cut it!!
Started though!

CF97736E-B641-4CBA-8C95-18020191B85D (resized).jpegCF97736E-B641-4CBA-8C95-18020191B85D (resized).jpeg

#6445 6 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Started though!

Did you try rotating so the paper is diagonal? Not familiar with the EL paper, but can you cut it anywhere and still work?

#6447 6 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Started though!

Same problem here, had to use two pieces of EL Paper.

#6448 6 years ago

Should have measured the cut out, 2x24 works perfect.

#6449 6 years ago

I picked up a Stern Star Trek Pro

#6450 6 years ago
Quoted from themacguru:

I picked up a Stern Star Trek Pro

Welcome to the club.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 85.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/129?hl=hawknole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.