Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 216.
#6351 6 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Maybe a dumb question.... Do any of you STLE owners have side mirrors in your game? If so, wouldn’t that inhibit access to the LED’s placed in the side wall?

You need to get blades specifically made for STLE

DCA120A5-66A9-40C7-AA1D-325190026323 (resized).jpegDCA120A5-66A9-40C7-AA1D-325190026323 (resized).jpeg

116204B4-5B6B-4C96-B424-C7CB5BFCE619 (resized).jpeg116204B4-5B6B-4C96-B424-C7CB5BFCE619 (resized).jpeg

#6352 6 years ago

Cool, thanks!

#6353 6 years ago

Just got my ST Pro and I am going to buy a color DMD. If I go with the LCD, do I need to buy the clear shield and spacers, or are they only needed for the LE? Sorry for the noob question - I think the spacers aren’t required, but unsure about the clear shield. Any PRO owners who have installed the LCD? Thanks in advance.

#6354 6 years ago

Mine came with a clear shield.

#6355 6 years ago

Mine came with a clear shield and the spacers, which are needed for the pro version

#6356 6 years ago

Mine also included a clear shield, which I didn't realize as I had already ordered one from Pinbits. Didn't need spacers tho since I got the LED.

#6357 6 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Mine came with a clear shield and the spacers, which are needed for the pro version

Mine came with shield and spacers too, when I added the $24 "shield and spacers" kit....Other option is "Display Only"

Anyway...yes, you need the shield and spacers kit to install the LCD in ST.

#6358 6 years ago

Thanks for all the help guys. I will order the spacers and the shield when I order the LCD for my PRO.

#6359 6 years ago

Oops that's right the spacers kit was an add on. It's needed for a pro using and lcd screen. The led will not require the kit

#6360 6 years ago

I bought my #star_trek third hand and feel that I got a pretty good deal. It was well loved, but not in bad shape. The alpha quadrant ramp had some chips from punishing shots, so I bought and installed the metal ramp protectors. As I was installing those protectors, I noticed cracks in the screw hole and that the screw was actually glued in. I put in a nut and bolt instead, but the additional stress of the bolt and the protector over time busted out the plastic as shown in the photo. I really wanted to try and fix it instead of buying a new ramp, so I bought the PlastiFix kit from here: https://www.amazon.com/Polyvance-PlastiFix-Kit-Clear/dp/B0007LTXVY

I extracted the alpha quadrant ramp (what a pain in the rear) and preformed the following:
1. I cleaned up the break with a metal file and then sandpaper and cleaned out the crack with Naptha
2. I took a mold of an unbroken ramp (oh yeah, I bought one anyway in case this turned out to be a giant debacle). The mold is super important and I probably could've created it from further up on the broken ramp instead of off of the new ramp.
3. The PlastiFix is a two part process. The first part is a dry powder that you put into the mold, the second is a chemical that you apply with a dropper or needle. That is where I learned my hard lessons. I should have tested the process somewhere else to get a feel for the materials. What I ended up doing was filling the mold with powder and using the pipette to deliver too much solvent. It ended up overflowing and washing away to where I didn't want it. I think I could've taken a slower approach and done the repair in layers and applied the fluid with the needle which delivers the fluid with a lot of precision and control. I'm not sure if the layering would work, but they give you enough product to figure it out. At the end I had a big blob of new plastic. The new plastic will yellow slightly over time.
4. I took a rasp to the plastic to get it in shape. Then I went to the metal files for the more accuracy. Then I wish I would've read the internet for polishing scratches out of plastic. I sanded from 120 grit up to 240. Then I wet sanded through 400, 800, and 1200. This left a lot of the surrounding plastic cloudy as I was trying to sand off the overflow. While the finish is smooth, it is cloudy. I read that you should finish with metal polish. The next time I tear down the game, I'll give it a try. I reinstalled everything and it seems to be holding up. Since the majority of repair is under the ramp protector there is only a couple of square inches of cloudy ramp.

I hope this helps (or encourages you to buy a replacement ramp). If you do buy a replacement ramp, remember to buy the stupid sticker that goes on it as I forgot to and I don't want to pay the extra shipping for a sticker.

st05 (resized).pngst05 (resized).png

1 week later
#6361 6 years ago

So I'm thinking about buying this on the Stern Pinball Arcade, but I have one concern. Is there any swearing on this game? I don't want to buy it if there's any swearing.

#6362 6 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

So I'm thinking about buying this on the Stern Pinball Arcade, but I have one concern. Is there any swearing on this game? I don't want to buy it if there's any swearing.

Just damnit and hell. I don’t remember anything worse than that.

#6363 6 years ago

Pretty sure there is swearing for Klingon battle or multiball, but it's in Klingon so you should be fine

#6364 6 years ago

Pinball Arcade usually turns family mode on so I'm sure you'll be fine.

#6365 6 years ago

Does anybody still have hope that Stern will ever get around to finishing up and releasing the final code release for Star Trek that they promised around two years ago? If I remember correctly they were referring to it as the final "polish" update to fix the bugs.

#6366 6 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

At the conclusion of Vengeance Multiball I think I occasionally hear " I'll stun your ass....."if you consider that swearing.

#6367 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Does anybody still have hope that Stern will ever get around to finishing up and releasing the final code release for Star Trek that they promised around two years ago? If I remember correctly they were referring to it as the final "polish" update to fix the bugs.

I've only had ST a few months so 1.61 is all I have ever had... but I'm not holding my breath. Seems like newer games need (and are getting) the love more.

What's the matter with the current software? Not challenging your opinion, just honestly curious.

#6368 6 years ago

I picked up a huo pro a couple days ago. What has everyone done about the ball getting stuck on the screw behind the popper? I saw a old thread on this. Any new ideas?

#6369 6 years ago

I'm looking to rejoin the club with a Premium or LE if anyone is looking to sell.

Thanks.

#6370 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I've only had ST a few months so 1.61 is all I have ever had... but I'm not holding my breath. Seems like newer games need (and are getting) the love more.
What's the matter with the current software? Not challenging your opinion, just honestly curious.

There are a few bugs in the code. The game plays great with the current rules - my favorite game.

#6371 6 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

I picked up a huo pro a couple days ago. What has everyone done about the ball getting stuck on the screw behind the popper? I saw a old thread on this. Any new ideas?

It's not so much "stuck on the screw" as much as the ball will come to rest in the pops area. Happens on alot of games tho, Iron Man got a warning out of me the other day because I didn't want to wait for ball search.

#6372 6 years ago

Mine also will sometimes come to rest on the post. But I just give it a little nudge and its back to flippn!

#6373 6 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

On mine the screw was screwed all the way into the playfield so based on someone's recommendation in this thread, I unscrewed it so there is maybe 1/8 in between the bottom of the head and the playfield. Haven't had a hangup since.

#6374 6 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

Mine gets held up there too every now and then. I have not gotten around to disassembling the ramps but I would think something like adding a post or just making the rubber a little uneven would do the trick.

#6376 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Pretty Sure screw/hangup issue is covered adnasium in this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-summary-of-fixes

Sweet thanks, favorited

#6377 6 years ago

All of my Star Trek products are 5% off w/ Pinside match with free shipping only 5hrs left in the sale..

#6378 6 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

There's a setting that will make it more kid friendly and turn the swearing off.
My favorite is "Your mother has a smooth forehead". It's not really swearing, but funny. Klingon II

#6379 6 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Mine gets held up there too every now and then. I have not gotten around to disassembling the ramps but I would think something like adding a post or just making the rubber a little uneven would do the trick.

I backed out the screw a couple turns and haven't had any hang ups since 30 plays.

#6380 6 years ago

Joined the ST pro club a week ago. Anyone else have the warp ramp opto register periodically when their shaker motor goes off?

#6381 6 years ago

Nope. That'd be nice tho. I could use more warp ramps!

#6382 6 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Joined the ST pro club a week ago. Anyone else have the warp ramp opto register periodically when their shaker motor goes off?

Your opto may be slightly out of alignment causing phantom hits with vibration.

#6383 6 years ago

Today marks the 2 year mark with my Pro, still find its gameplay to be smooth as butter , love the layout of this game . I'm not even into star trek movies or tv, and it's a lifelong keeper for me . On the fence? , buy it , great family pin . Smoothest shooting game in my collection , IMHO.
Joey

#6384 6 years ago

Definitely one of the greats!

#6385 6 years ago

Can anyone recommend what sound settings they use with say flipper fidelity or pinball pro speakers on their star trek? I have the FF 10 inch sub kit fitted which is great! Just tweaking it now. Currently I have music volume down (+10) and sound effects up (-40)

Interested to see how you guys have it set up

#6386 6 years ago
Quoted from Bruce:

Can anyone recommend what sound settings they use with say flipper fidelity or pinball pro speakers on their star trek? I have the FF 10 inch sub kit fitted which is great! Just tweaking it now. Currently I have music volume down (+10) and sound effects up (-40)
Interested to see how you guys have it set up

For reference if anyone interested. The above setting created a lot of distortion on the speech and sound effects. I've now adjust music volume to 30 and speech volume to 0 - thus making the sound effects and callouts really stand out.

I'd highly recommend this setting. It's transformed the game, improved clarity and can play higher volume with no distortion. Love it!

Now to apply the anti rattle tape that was provided - to the glass. The 10" sub is rattling it a fair bit when I crank the volume. Hope that'll sort it

#6387 6 years ago

Who sells playfield back panel art for STNG? Are these all after market or did the machine come with something there originally?

#6388 6 years ago

STNG did not come with "behind the Borg" panel artwork.
It's after market only.
Pretty sure any "blade" vendor sells them.

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/star-trek-the-next-generation-pinpanel has one with a star field.

http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/STTNG_Page.html sells one with a borg motif.

#6389 6 years ago

Meant to ask a Star Trek owner, when I play on location the away team for one of the modes (think it’s the standup targets award—very dangerous I know), but it causes all lit shots on the pf to no longer appear. Sorry if I’m late to the party on this. Bug?

#6390 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Meant to ask a Star Trek owner, when I play on location the away team for one of the modes (think it’s the standup targets award—very dangerous I know), but it causes all lit shots on the pf to no longer appear. Sorry if I’m late to the party on this. Bug?

Not a bug. Nero away team lights the stand up targets and those are the only things you shoot for. The regular shots are not lit and don't count towards shot awards.

#6391 6 years ago

Just joined the Star Trek pro club and I can’t wait to start exploring.

372773EA-CEC3-42F4-8495-D6F6D06808FC (resized).jpeg372773EA-CEC3-42F4-8495-D6F6D06808FC (resized).jpeg

#6392 6 years ago

Welcome aboard.

#6393 6 years ago

welcome, you need a nice speaker panel

fe6de4413c5746eb80a5e4f3c026c1b70600f308 (resized).jpgfe6de4413c5746eb80a5e4f3c026c1b70600f308 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#6394 6 years ago

i have some LASER BLACKOUT MODS in stock, again

for PREM/LE

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-le-laser-blackout-mod

and some speaker panels in about 2 weeks

fe6de4413c5746eb80a5e4f3c026c1b70600f308 (resized).jpgfe6de4413c5746eb80a5e4f3c026c1b70600f308 (resized).jpg

#6395 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

i have some LASER BLACKOUT MODS in stock, again
for PREM/LE
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-le-laser-blackout-mod
and some speaker panels in about 2 weeks

What did you use to fasten yours with, I don't see any screws. I used a lot of the sticky foam tape to hold mine on and it still fell of and wrecked the EL tape behind the Star Trek words.

#6396 6 years ago

i used a standard double sided mirror tape

§M or something like that with 1mm

#6398 6 years ago

yes, thats perfect

#6399 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Try this:
amazon.com link »

Thanks, I found it on ebay for $5.99 a roll with free shipping from Il. The stuff I was using could only hold 2 lbs. Now I have to get that crap off the game and the panel without messing them up, the front of the panel stains even with finger prints. What do you use to clean the front if it gets stained?

#6400 6 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Hello Trekkie's and Star Trek Pinball Collectors.
That's right! A club for all 6 (Star Trek Pinball)!
You need to own at least "one" of the following to be in the club:
------------------------------------------------------------
Star Trek: The Next Generation: Williams, 1993
Star Trek: Data East, 1991
Star Trek: Bally, 1978
Star Trek: Gottlieb, 1971
Star Trek: Stern 2013
STAR TREK: THE MIRROR UNIVERSE
Make It So,
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Does this count?!?

MAR_1223 (resized).jpgMAR_1223 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
$ 15.00
$ 85.00
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/128 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.