Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
DSCN3233 (resized).JPG

There are 10,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 216.
#6201 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I fixed this for a friend of mine. Make sure that the optos on the ramp are aligned and that there's nothing blocking the IR beam. In his case, the chase lights had become unglued and were triggering the optos.

Thanks, i'll have a look - am I right in saying both IR beams need to be crossed to score a warp shot? In this case would both beams need to be broken for this to be the issue?

#6202 6 years ago
Quoted from Bruce:

Thanks, i'll have a look - am I right in saying both IR beams need to be crossed to score a warp shot? In this case would both beams need to be broken for this to be the issue?

It’s alwsys a pair; a transmitter and a receiver. If they cannot see each other, the switch is closed.

#6203 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I just sold my ST and have some extra mods for sale if anyone is interested. Green laser upgrade, the black out mod that makes the PF go 50% or total dark during the laser show, and the light up BOP mod.
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/modifications-bolt-on-mods-stern-kbop-p-22.html
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/modifications-bolt-on-mods-star-trek-laser-upgrade-p-40.html
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-le-laser-blackout-mod
Pm me if you're interested.

Only thing not spoken for is the blackout mod fyi.

#6204 6 years ago

LCD requests! here is a quick and dirty video of the ColorDMD LCD on HIRES, I might have to lower the brightness so it shows more detail the iPhone camera can't pick up in this video, looks much better in person.

#6205 6 years ago

Looks good! I'd like to see the Vengeance Multiball start if you get a chance to do more video.

#6206 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Pm me if you're interested.
Only thing not spoken for is the blackout mod fyi.

I have plenty of stock of the Green Laser (Red and Blue too). I also have my version of the Blackout mod which will allow any percentage of the GI to be set in both modes.

I am no longer waitlisting for the Stern KBOP as the ships are becoming more and more rare (hence more expensive). Once I am out of stock of the WingLEDs; I don't plan on restocking. If anyone is interested in the Stern KBOP; you need to PM or email me ASAP.

#6207 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

It’s alwsys a pair; a transmitter and a receiver. If they cannot see each other, the switch is closed.

Thanks, what I meant was - there is one beam (transmitter and receiver) halfway up the ramp, then there is another beam (transmitter and receiver) further up the ramp behind the back box. And i assume both these beams would need to be affected to score faulty warps. If this is the case re the beams.

I'll check re-seating all optos as recommended also. Thanks again

#6208 6 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

LCD requests! here is a quick and dirty video of the ColorDMD LCD on HIRES, I might have to lower the brightness so it shows more detail the iPhone camera can't pick up in this video, looks much better in person.
» YouTube video

I just got mine in the post today, I hear DOTS XL is the one to go for to get the authentic dmd look, will be installing tonight!

#6209 6 years ago

Need to slim down my collection for a move/downsizing ... hate to do this, but....

Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Very nice, unfaded STTNG. This looks to be a very low play routed game. New playfield glass. Completely stripped the top side down, tumbled and hand-polished many parts to a mirror...”
2017-10-17
Asbury Park, NJ
4,500 (Firm)
Archived after: 19 days
Viewed: 673 times

#6210 6 years ago
Quoted from Bruce:

I just got mine in the post today, I hear DOTS XL is the one to go for to get the authentic dmd look, will be installing tonight!

If you could put some video up of DOTS XL that would be great, I am leaning towards the LED at the moment, I don't like the Hi Res look on most games but it would be good to see some DOTS XL.

#6211 6 years ago

» YouTube video

I have never noticed the Gorn at the march scene before, that's awesome. I need to pay more attention I have only ever seen Kirk with 2 girls.

#6212 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If you could put some video up of DOTS XL that would be great, I am leaning towards the LED at the moment, I don't like the Hi Res look on most games but it would be good to see some DOTS XL.

Having seen the LCD video and how far back the screen has to sit to fit and that light gap, I'm feeling pretty good about my LED. The smoothing doesn't do much for me either.

Quoted from J85M:

I have never noticed the Gorn at the march scene before, that's awesome. I need to pay more attention I have only ever seen Kirk with 2 girls.

Have you seen Carol Marcus? "Would you please turn around?" Maybe her and the twins don't show up in family mode or something?

#6213 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I agree, I'm not a huge fan of the high res look at all, DOTS XL is meant to be the best I keep hearing, and have seen videos of different machines with DOTS XL that look spot on. Will see if I can upload a video once installed.

#6214 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

This color dmd video is filming an LCD display in DOTS XL. Looks awesome! I don't like high res either so will likely stick to dots XL.

#6215 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Having seen the LCD video and how far back the screen has to sit to fit and that light gap, I'm feeling pretty good about my LED. The smoothing doesn't do much for me either.

Have you seen Carol Marcus? "Would you please turn around?" Maybe her and the twins don't show up in family mode or something?

its only a issue b/c of the angle of my video, but I added some foam, since I am using a TUBE LED as the backlight in the box, its really bright. Since the foam its fine now. I don't have a camera holder. I have seen most the tier I & II's, Yes I seen Carol Marcus, I tried DOTSXL its ok. Also from playing from the buttons you can't tell the depth, nor can you see anything to the side of the screen.

#6216 6 years ago
Quoted from Bruce:

This color dmd video is filming an LCD display in DOTS XL. Looks awesome! I don't like high res either so will likely stick to dots XL.
» YouTube video

Thanks for mentioning this, with all the bitching about the LCD I was getting worried I bought the wrong one for my ST (First ColorDMD for me as I love ST, and said "screw it" instead of trying to justify spending $400+ to myself on a dmd)

#6217 6 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Thanks for mentioning this, with all the bitching about the LCD I was getting worried I bought the wrong one for my ST (First ColorDMD for me as I love ST, and said "screw it" instead of trying to justify spending $400+ to myself on a dmd)

I have both the LED and LCD now. Comparing the two on ST the LCD with XL dots is the best looking.

#6218 6 years ago
Quoted from Bruce:

I agree, I'm not a huge fan of the high res look at all, DOTS XL is meant to be the best I keep hearing, and have seen videos of different machines with DOTS XL that look spot on. Will see if I can upload a video once installed.

Quoted from Bruce:

» YouTube video

Thanks Bruce great find on that video, watching them back to back now to see which I prefer.

#6219 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thanks bruce great find on that video, watching them back to back now to see which I prefer.

Just remember that the pf lighting will make the blacks of the LED look gray not black. I have an LCD on my Met and an LED right next to it on my T3 and it's night and day difference. LCD all day long. I have a Bent Plastic on T3 and that blocks about 75% of the pf light from hitting the LED so now the bottom 75% is black and the top 25% is gray. Pisses me off every time I look at it.

#6220 6 years ago

Well I had a fully modded ST Premium that I sold about a year ago just because I was offered $7500 for it and wanted to buy a TWD. I’ve really missed that pin and have gone through a Metallica and an Iron Man VE since then. I have just sold my MMR LE to fund a NIB ST Premium I found and can’t wait to get it and start playing it again. I really missed her! On a side note, I ordered over $800 worth of mods today. I’m hoping to find an Aurich translight & kit to add to the mods. Anybody have an extra? I’m so happy to be re-joining the club!

#6221 6 years ago

its only a issue b/c of the angle of my video, but I added some foam, since I am using a TUBE LED as the backlight in the box, its really bright. Since the foam its fine now. I don't have a camera holder. I have seen most the tier I & II's, Yes I seen Carol Marcus, I tried DOTSXL its ok. Also from playing from the buttons you can't tell the depth, nor can you see anything to the side of the screen.

Good deal! I figured some foam would fix the issue. The gap is just a side effect of having to use those stand-offs. Nothing to be done short of cutting that stud off of the speaker panel. I debated which display to get and was not saying my choice is better than yours, just saying I am good with my selection, since I wouldn't use the smoothing and prefer the LED installation.

Haha, I just noticed you said you hadn't noticed the Gorn, sorry, read that wrong.

Anyways, the video was still much appreciated. If I thought it looked awesome I'd have been swiping my LCD out of TZ pronto.

#6222 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Well I had a fully modded ST Premium that I sold about a year ago just because I was offered $7500 for it and wanted to buy a TWD. I’ve really missed that pin and have gone through a Metallica and an Iron Man VE since then. I have just sold my MMR LE to fund a NIB ST Premium I found and can’t wait to get it and start playing it again. I really missed her! On a side note, I ordered over $800 worth of mods today. I’m hoping to find an Aurich translight & kit to add to the mods. Anybody have an extra? I’m so happy to be re-joining the club!

Welcome back. Wow a NIB, talk about lucky, I thought those were long gone. If you looking for another mod drop me a line.

#6223 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

On a side note, I ordered over $800 worth of mods today.

:Tear: And I got none of those dollars. :Sniff:

#6224 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Quoted from gunstarhero:

Good deal! I figured some foam would fix the issue. The gap is just a side effect of having to use those stand-offs. Nothing to be done short of cutting that stud off of the speaker panel. I debated which display to get and was not saying my choice is better than yours, just saying I am good with my selection, since I wouldn't use the smoothing and prefer the LED installation.
Haha, I just noticed you said you hadn't noticed the Gorn, sorry, read that wrong.
Anyways, the video was still much appreciated. If I thought it looked awesome I'd have been swiping my LCD out of TZ pronto.

lol, no I see Gorn too much, it was J85M above.

I have an LED in my Harley, I can always swap it out. For easiest install and factory look, the LED no doubt.

#6225 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

:Tear: And I got none of those dollars. :Sniff:

That’s not true! You got a few and I’m on the fence right now on the pop caps. . .

#6226 6 years ago

Colordmd + stle question.

I've just installed mine but there is no grounding strap to attach to the colordmd to?

There wasn't one on the original dmd when I removed it just one attached to the right speaker.

Just concerned that I should have one attached.

#6227 6 years ago
Quoted from koops:

I've just installed mine but there is no grounding strap to attach to the colordmd to?
There wasn't one on the original dmd when I removed it just one attached to the right speaker.

There should be an extra cable in your Color DMD box. Just attach it from one of the DMD mounting screws to the ground connection.

#6228 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

There should be an extra cable in your Color DMD box. Just attach it from one of the DMD mounting screws to the ground connection.

this is all I got.

IMG_1667 (resized).JPGIMG_1667 (resized).JPG

#6229 6 years ago
Quoted from koops:

this is all I got.

Last one I received had a cable in that pack.

It's just like the ground cable on your speakers. I think really any copper ground wire will do.

wire (resized).jpgwire (resized).jpg

#6230 6 years ago

3 days new to a ST LE, and have had several issues so far...rather frustrating. Had a laser question...mine seems VERY dim, as in far dimmer than the one I played in a rather bright room in the Orlando airport. This pic is in a completely dark room, only light is from the game. You can barely see the laser on the flipper, much less on the game. Is this correct?

6E524A58-4EFF-414F-ABE1-59182A3A7611 (resized).jpeg6E524A58-4EFF-414F-ABE1-59182A3A7611 (resized).jpeg

#6231 6 years ago
Quoted from jdpilot:

3 days new to a ST LE, and have had several issues so far...rather frustrating. Had a laser question...mine seems VERY dim, as in far dimmer than the one I played in a rather bright room in the Orlando airport. This pic is in a completely dark room, only light is from the game. You can barely see the laser on the flipper, much less on the game. Is this correct?

Maybe your laser pointer is failing... UPGRADE TIME!

#6232 6 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Sorry for any confusion. For the Stern metal speaker panels, no additional grounding cable is required as the display's bracket is grounded directly through the metal threaded posts used for mounting, which are grounded by the strap that is connected to the metal speaker panel.

#6233 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Maybe your laser pointer is failing... UPGRADE TIME!

Does that happen? Laser failure? And would love to have a brighter red! Is a brighter red available? It’s more Klingon

#6234 6 years ago

I've never seen it happen, but I guess it could!

Here's the mod. I like the idea of the blue one myself:

http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/modifications-bolt-on-mods-star-trek-laser-upgrade-p-40.html

#6235 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

:Tear: And I got none of those dollars.

where do I go to get those pop caps?

#6237 6 years ago

Gunstarhero is correct on all accounts

#6238 6 years ago

Zitt's pop caps are awesome. REALLY dress up the pin.

#6239 6 years ago

And now I have some of zitt's pop caps!

#6240 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I've never seen it happen, but I guess it could!
Here's the mod. I like the idea of the blue one myself:

I have the with green one and man is it awesome!

#6241 6 years ago

Made a mod for 25th anniversary trek..
Spok holding a six shooter with a spotlight that comes on with xtra ball..

20171027_143744 (resized).jpg20171027_143744 (resized).jpg

#6242 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

That’s not true! You got a few and I’m on the fence right now on the pop caps. . .

Buy every mod Zitt makes for Sterns Star Trek, they look completely factory the two highlights are his nebula mod which is ridiculously good and those pop caps are awesome, no ST should be without them!

#6243 6 years ago

So the LED flasher under the pop bumpers on my ST Pro broke.

Aside from white, any thoughts on what other colors may look good?

I was thinking blue or purple.

#6244 6 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

I am probably not the best person to answer this as I don't like coloured GI/flashers etc, but imo ST really suits cool white, it just gives it that feel the enterprise has in the new movies, very minimalist futuristic clean and clinical.

#6245 6 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

I was kinda thinking blue there myself but hadn't gotten around to changing it.

#6246 6 years ago

They're cheap, I'll order a few colors and report back.

#6247 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I had a fully modded ST Premium that I sold about a year ago...I've really missed that pin...

ST Premium is my favorite game again. I like it more than my MMr & AFMr.

I had been playing the MMr & AFMr a lot, and letting the ST sit. Since I started playing it again I realize how much I like that game.

Robert

#6248 6 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

ST Premium is my favorite game again. I like it more than my MMr & AFMr.
I had been playing the MMr & AFMr a lot, and letting the ST sit. Since I started playing it again I realize how much I like that game.
Robert

Feel exactly the same about ST, my LE will only ever leave my house when its taken to my grave and buried with me

#6249 6 years ago

Anyone fitted flipper fidelity speakers (3 piece Inc sub) to their stern star trek?

And is it a worthwhile upgrade?

#6250 6 years ago
Quoted from Bruce:

Anyone fitted flipper fidelity speakers (3 piece Inc sub) to their stern star trek?
And is it a worthwhile upgrade?

Weird. I was just thinking about this. Wondering about putting them in my met. Also when I finally find a star trek premium to buy.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 64.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 10.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boynton Beach, FL
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marion, NC
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
There are 10,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/125?hl=flynnsbit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.