Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 216.
#6101 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

It does not light up as I stated . I was with the coin door open looking for it lower left out lane as that is where in my mind the kick back is on most pinball machines . The Rescue area . Thank you (gunstarhero) . Do I have to take apart the Top Of the Vengeance Mech. To get to the flasher ? I hope not . Or is It under the playflied 89 or 906 . Sorry to be a pain in the ass . Manual is (MIA)

You can get it from below the PF, it's a 89 so just take out the 1/4 screw and pull the socket down. To get it from above you'd need to remove the Vengeance for sure.

#6102 6 years ago

We were lucky to be provided a St pro at the York show to mod. One of the mods we did was the backbox, pretty significant transformation.

20170929_083540 (resized).jpg20170929_083540 (resized).jpg

20170929_192037 (resized).jpg20170929_192037 (resized).jpg

#6103 6 years ago

I have an Aurich translight for sale. Never opened. $75.00. Will donate to Pinside.

#6104 6 years ago

PM Sent to you

#6105 6 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I have an Aurich translight for sale. Never opened. $75.00. Will donate to Pinside.

damn, that's a pretty good price, should go fast!

#6106 6 years ago

Translight sold

#6107 6 years ago

Anybody else, who wants to sell his Aurich translite?

#6108 6 years ago

Hahaha no way! Best translit by far for ST! GL though !

#6109 6 years ago

Great deal! Anyone else making custom ST translites? I saw a couple on evilBay but they seem to be gone now.

#6110 6 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Translight sold

Hopefully...

1 week later
#6111 6 years ago

I have a star trek pro, and just recently my game/ball occasionally ends early while the ball is in play (for no good reason), the flippers die, the ball drains (end of ball 1 etc)... I'm assuming this is a switch in the ball trough or something - causing the game to think the ball has drained?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Any ideas how i'd go about diagnosing/fixing this problem?

I'd really appreciate any pointers. Thanks!

#6112 6 years ago

I've had the same happen here. No idea why. All switches test good in the trough, no vibration closes that I can see. Plus it doesn't act like end of ball, it's just the flippers stop flipping, then the ball drains, then back to business as usual.

#6113 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I've had the same happen here. No idea why. All switches test good in the trough, no vibration closes that I can see. Plus it doesn't act like end of ball, it's just the flippers stop flipping, then the ball drains, then back to business as usual.

Mine seems to act like end of ball when it's still in play - so this may differ from what you've experienced.

#6114 6 years ago

I recommend checking every switch and every opto in the switch test. Make sure every one works and only triggers that one switch. I would also bang on the flippers and on different areas of playfield to see if any switches go off. I had one opto that kept going off during game. In testing, all switches worked. It wasn't until I tapped on the left ramp that I saw opto trigger.

#6115 6 years ago

Just joined yesterday with an LE ..... what a blast! I'm having a few issues. One is that once in awhile I start a game and it chooses a mission for me and feeds a ball into the shooter lane. The second issue is that right before multi ball( Vengeance I think) there is this loud , brief ear splitting shriek . It doesn't sound like a game sound effect, rather some sort of digital feedback.... makes one jump out of their skin!
Any suggestions?

#6116 6 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Just joined yesterday with an LE ..... what a blast! I'm having a few issues. One is that once in awhile I start a game and it chooses a mission for me and feeds a ball into the shooter lane. The second issue is that right before multi ball( Vengeance I think) there is this loud , brief ear splitting shriek . It doesn't sound like a game sound effect, rather some sort of digital feedback.... makes one jump out of their skin!
Any suggestions?

The shriek is normal. Its the digital knocker. You can turn this off in settings

IT doesn't choose a game for you, I'd imagine you will still have not finished the previous mode when the ball drained, hence auto locking you into that same mode and hits ball into shooter for you.

That latter one got me too when I first got it

#6117 6 years ago

I have had the same issues with the game choosing mission then firing ball into pf. This is just after I push the start button and is random at times. Played one last night ( Wife beat me), the next one no issue.
I have yet to check by banging. Was thinking of doing the switch test for shaker and seeing if this produces any affect. If that’s possible?
I defy think a switch, and someone mentioned earlier in this thread that they had a opto issue at the vengengce.

#6118 6 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

One is that once in awhile I start a game and it chooses a mission for me and feeds a ball into the shooter lane.

Quoted from heni1977:

I have had the same issues with the game choosing mission then firing ball into pf. This is just after I push the start button and is random at times.

I had this too early on with my LE. I was told by Stern (back in 2014) that it is an issue with some of the trough boards. They sent me a kit to fix the problem. I think it was just an adapter or something that I plugged into the trough boards and then the original harness connector right into the adapter. Easy install, and I haven't had the problem since.

I'd give them a call and tell them what's happening and see if they'll ship you one out.

#6119 6 years ago

Y'all need to check your trough opto boards and make sure the plugs are in all the way

#6120 6 years ago

Thanks to you all. I am beginning to browse this thread/ subject so as not to bug you guys too much. I am an EM guy beginning to mix it up a bit so all very new ( and fast!) but fun for me and my kids.

#6121 6 years ago

For the ball ending suddenly, reseat the trough opto connectors and see if that solves the problem.

For the game selecting a mission right from the start, one common cause of this is the drop target by the Vengeance. It can register phantom hits that are triggered when the game starts and it tries to lift the target, but it slips off the edge:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-le-drop-target-wont-stay-up#post-1646176

If that isn't the problem, then it could be some other switch on the playfield that is registering, and you should bang around in switch test mode to see if any go off with the vibration.

#6122 6 years ago

Man that custom code for my Stat Trek LE rocks. So much better music.. right from the movies. Excellent job. Changes the whole game for me.

#6123 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

So much better music.. right from the movies

Where can I find the info on how to do this?

#6124 6 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I think I just googled custom code star trek stern, and it brought me to the proper forum on Pinside. Then download the bin file. Put it in a usb, then plug it into your machine. It will update then voila. I like it a lot more then the standard Stern code. Someone, I forgot who, actually took a lot of time to update the code with music directly from the movies, much much better.

Mo

#6125 6 years ago

My Star Trek Pro had a problem during league play this weekend where the drop target wouldn't reset back up, it would try a bunch of times (like 5 times?), but would never work right and reset. Wasn't the target mech itself, as it would work manually just fine. Turns out it was the opto board not working, specifically the header pins for the connector needed solder reflowed. Was a pretty easy fix once we diagnosed the root cause in switch test.

#6126 6 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Look a few pages back in this very thread.

#6127 6 years ago

Think you’re all in luck - ColorDMD on it’s way! Only 2yrs after I sold my LE...

#6128 6 years ago

trekhint (resized).jpgtrekhint (resized).jpg

#6129 6 years ago

Have had a color dmd in mine for almost 3 years waiting for the code.

#6130 6 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Have had a color dmd in mine for almost 3 years waiting for the code.

You and me both Tom. FINALLY!!!

#6131 6 years ago

I never saw any announcement - what's the source?

#6132 6 years ago

Colordmd? Interesting - thought it was near impossible because Stern did some weird display stuff with ST.

#6133 6 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

I never saw any announcement - what's the source?

Their FB page. Look up a few posts.

#6134 6 years ago

In light of the pending announcement of Star Trek from ColorDMD; I'm considering doing another run of ColorDMD adapters.
If you are interested; please add yourself to the waitlist (Red Link at top of page) so I can judge demand.

#6135 6 years ago

You need an adapter for this? Does color dmd not supply that?

#6136 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

In light of the pending announcement of Star Trek from ColorDMD; I'm considering doing another run of ColorDMD adapters.
If you are interested; please add yourself to the waitlist (Red Link at top of page) so I can judge demand.

To adapt to what exactly?

#6137 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

The stainless steel speaker panel on the LE. Go to ColorDMD web page and you'll see ST. They have a $24 adapter for it.

http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-star-trek-pinball-machine/

#6138 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

You cannot install the ColorDMD in a Star Trek (?new backbox?) as-is as there are center studs which will break/scratch/damage the ColorDMD.
This was discussed fairly extensively in this Pinside thread.

As Spidey stated; ColorDMD does offer a solution for $24 but I don't know specifically what it looks like or how it works as they added this option for the newest Sterns.

If you want specifics as to what I offer; please check the Install Instructions on our product page.

#6139 6 years ago

Oh yeah, I’m buying this!

5D715A0D-E83A-4C0F-817C-95242AC28BC7 (resized).png5D715A0D-E83A-4C0F-817C-95242AC28BC7 (resized).png

E9D982C5-9EA3-498F-93AD-97F63123E1B8 (resized).pngE9D982C5-9EA3-498F-93AD-97F63123E1B8 (resized).png

2C38E062-BD0E-449C-B653-1C8BA991FEE9 (resized).png2C38E062-BD0E-449C-B653-1C8BA991FEE9 (resized).png

769E9235-45C3-40E5-81BA-99952D183AB3 (resized).png769E9235-45C3-40E5-81BA-99952D183AB3 (resized).png

85E82D8B-5372-4306-ABCF-9E0F4C553FB9 (resized).png85E82D8B-5372-4306-ABCF-9E0F4C553FB9 (resized).png

D3CFC47D-0845-45F5-8482-D7DCC522782E (resized).pngD3CFC47D-0845-45F5-8482-D7DCC522782E (resized).png

C1AE9D61-F41D-4ADE-9449-1AC29E95B250 (resized).pngC1AE9D61-F41D-4ADE-9449-1AC29E95B250 (resized).png

#6140 6 years ago

OMG... our blue display will finally be multicolored??? /jeff faints

#6141 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Oh yeah, I’m buying this!

I told myself "you can wait till you see a video of the display and then decide" Nope, pictures are good enough!!!

#6142 6 years ago

I'd like to see what it looks like on overscan.

#6143 6 years ago

wil it work with the custom sound code ?

#6144 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

was just gonna ask this!

Zitt your product page says for premium / le, do the pros need this as well? This would be my first color dmd

#6145 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Custom sounds do not effect the DMD animations... so I'd wager it will have no impact.

Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Zitt your product page says for premium / le, do the pros need this as well? This would be my first color dmd

Unknown. Suspect yes.... as it's still not a standard Backbox on the Pro.
I haven't had anyone report back that it works on the Pro - so cannot speak to the specifics as I don't have a pro to test on.

#6146 6 years ago

From what I read all versions need the adapter for for the LCD but the LED should drop right in.

#6147 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

From what I read all versions need the adapter for for the LCD but the LED should drop right in.

IMHO; the game is already bright enough that I wouldn't necessarily want an overly bright LED product in the game.
I guess it's possible that ColorDMD designed their LED panel to fit the newer games... but i'd really be shocked if it fit all modern sterns properly.

That said; I agree the LED may fit better because it's not as tall as the ColorDMD LCD panels... but I'm still not convinced there aren't clearance issues with the center studs on the game.

Quoted from Zitt:

As Spidey stated; ColorDMD does offer a solution for $24 but I don't know specifically what it looks like or how it works as they added this option for the newest Sterns.

Pictures of the ColorDMD mounting solution are on their product page:
http://shop.colordmd.com/mounting-standoffs-for-new-stern-cabinets/
so its really just a bunch of standoffs and washers.
http://www.colordmd.com/Mounting%20for%20New%20Stern%20Cabinets.pdf

#6148 6 years ago

I kinda want to see both, and since I actually have one of each, I just might try it, unless someone you tubes it. That would be nice, lol.

#6149 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

IMHO; the game is already bright enough that I wouldn't necessarily want an overly bright LED product in the game.
I guess it's possible that ColorDMD designed their LED panel to fit the newer games... but i'd really be shocked if it fit all modern sterns properly.
That said; I agree the LED may fit better because it's not as tall as the ColorDMD LCD panels... but I'm still not convinced there aren't clearance issues with the center studs on the game.

Pictures of the ColorDMD mounting solution are on their product page:
http://shop.colordmd.com/mounting-standoffs-for-new-stern-cabinets/
so its really just a bunch of standoffs and washers.
http://www.colordmd.com/Mounting%20for%20New%20Stern%20Cabinets.pdf

Have had one in mine for 3 years waiting on the code. It fits just fine with their adapter.

#6150 6 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Have had one in mine for 3 years waiting on the code. It fits just fine with their adapter.

Is yours a Pro? And by adapter, do you mean the standoffs that are $8?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 64.99
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 15.00
$ 63.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.