Topic Stats

• 8,328 posts
  • 679 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,470 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

770C6AF8-511D-4639-B384-3292F4BB9B39 (resized).jpeg
D1CC33F4-2FE9-4C33-B084-F63560B51E85 (resized).jpeg
F734083E-2805-4C33-BFEE-9CC73219FF8C (resized).jpeg
20200524_121804 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200522_193652 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200518_191922 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200516_134354_325 (resized).jpg
fe6de4413c5746eb80a5e4f3c026c1b70600f308 (resized).jpg
20200511_145938 (resized).jpg
A232A0E0-8E48-4CF5-A1A3-BECD28A64C22 (resized).jpeg
5D6A91DE-C8C4-4878-80A5-90E8DFFCD265 (resized).jpeg
719BBE15-BDAA-475C-A923-465FC79A5F5C (resized).jpeg
E01BF6E7-E729-49E0-855D-2DEA77A11F16 (resized).jpeg
885102F3-DCC6-4731-ACA3-962541148221 (resized).jpeg
7E0436FB-B376-4E6C-ACE4-AFD801F41C73 (resized).jpeg
D255E851-DAD1-4300-B50E-051EBF705668 (resized).jpeg

There are 8328 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 167.
#6001 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

nacelle lights on the Vengeance

What do you mean w/ regard to nacelle lights?
Are you talking about my Vengeance Nacelle Mod or something else?

You should consider some of my PopCaps for your machine... because you'll get the Vengeance Nacelle Mod with it (free).

#6002 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

What do you mean w/ regard to nacelle lights?
Are you talking about my Vengeance Nacelle Mod or something else?
You should consider some of my PopCaps for your machine... because you'll get the Vengeance Nacelle Mod with it (free).

Yeah, those are cool! But my next add on for sure is the shaker!

As for the Vengeance, kind of the same idea, just with red lights. While I know they're blue in the movie, I think red on the enemy ship would be a nice opposite of the blue on the Enterprise.

Anyways, was just thinking about it...

#6003 2 years ago

Has anyone ever taken their LE side rails off to see how the LEDs are routed and set into the cabinet??

#6004 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Has anyone ever taken their LE side rails off to see how the LEDs are routed and set into the cabinet??

There is a flexible cable that comes out of the red led "strip". It plugs into a little "board" which is bolted on the back of the lower cabinet near the top. It is visible if you lower the head and look in the hole. The flexible cable is held against the back of the machine with a clear plastic screwed to the wood.

I know this; because I had one side stop working because the flexible cable removed itself during transport.

#6005 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

There is a flexible cable that comes out of the red led "strip". It plugs into a little "board" which is bolted on the back of the lower cabinet near the top. It is visible if you lower the head and look in the hole. The flexible cable is held against the back of the machine with a clear plastic screwed to the wood.
I know this; because I had one side stop working because the flexible cable removed itself during transport.

Think I will take mine off and have a look when I next get chance, this is how SWLE should have come with lit side rails.

#6006 2 years ago

Ok, i get some hours on this one now ( own it since 4 months) and I wonder if this game can be finished with only 3 balls. Very tough for my skills.

And the more I play it the more I feel to do the same over and over whatever modes or wizard modes. Only done 4 level 2 modes and it looks the same too. Maybe I am wrong, maybe level 3 is way different. Can someone tell me about his opinion about it?

Thanks

1 week later
#6007 2 years ago

Hey, any idea where to get the knocker kit for SAM games? Decided I may as well put in the knocker while I'm installing the shaker.

#6008 2 years ago

Which would you choose?:

1. STLE $7200.00
2. NIB Premium $7500.00 + 150.00 for shaker

#6009 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Which would you choose?:
1. STLE $7200.00

I have always loved my ST Premium, but if the STLE you are looking at is in great condition, I would go for that. I have always wanted a STLE - it truly is special.

#6010 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Which would you choose?:
1. STLE $7200.00

STLE. Coming from another Premium owner.

#6012 2 years ago

Long story short I need to replace the vengance ship coil. How do I remove the platform that the vengance is sitting on the get at the screws that are holding the coil in?

#6013 2 years ago
Quoted from Scot0308:

Long story short I need to replace the vengance ship coil. How do I remove the platform that the vengance is sitting on the get at the screws that are holding the coil in?

Start taking out screws.

Here's some directions to remove the Vengeance:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/installing-pinbits-trek-premle-po-bumper-mod-or-removing-vengeance-assembly

#6014 2 years ago

Thank you. Got it off. How do I remove the pin that connects the vengance to the plunger? I tried a 1/16 and 5/64 allen wrench. One is too big the other seems too small.

#6015 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Which would you choose?:
1. STLE $7200.00

Go the LE. It's just got that extra wow factor. Just my opinion as an LE owner. Love it.

#6016 2 years ago

OK,Fans,here;s one for ya!!Had the blu Led lits go out on my ST/PRe Vengeance,Nacells! Also went out was the "beam Me Up" LEDs,and the LEDs under the Weapons power,the 3 stand up targets,the E-K right pf drain lites,and the lites on the ST emblem over warp ramp! 14 in all! Diagnosis,# 50 Led lite blew up due to odd ball strike damage! Fried main Led lite board,and also fries the LED board under the 3 right drop targets:(Parts available Deep Space Marco! Repair time after parts acquired, 1/4 rotation! $230 credits in all! Beware of those Warp ramp airballs Captain!!!

#6017 2 years ago

did a factory reset on my ST. now I seem to get airballs off the slings sometimes...what's a good solenoid power setting?

#6018 2 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

did a factory reset on my ST. now I seem to get airballs off the slings sometimes...what's a good solenoid power setting?

I want to say 16, but I'm going off of memory as I'm not home right now. They definitely need to be dialed way down to prevent air balls.

#6019 2 years ago

I've seen alot of people say 18. I'm gonna check mine right now.

So I was like on 36. No wonder my slingshots were so insane. Moved it down to 18 and the slings are still real active so I think that's okay.

How about the left kicker? Mine was was on 28 and seemed to rattle the wireform when it would upkick, moved it down to 20, 21 and it was too weak, 22 and 23 make it, and 24 seems a little ramp rattling again. I ended up happy at 23 but does anyone have an "ideal setting"?

#6020 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

OK,Fans,here;s one for ya!!Had the blu Led lits go out on my ST/PRe Vengeance,Nacells! Also went out was the "beam Me Up" LEDs,and the LEDs under the Weapons power,the 3 stand up targets,the E-K right pf drain lites,and the lites on the ST emblem over warp ramp! 14 in all! Diagnosis,# 50 Led lite blew up due to odd ball strike damage! Fried main Led lite board,and also fries the LED board under the 3 right drop targets:(Parts available Deep Space Marco! Repair time after parts acquired, 1/4 rotation! $230 credits in all! Beware of those Warp ramp airballs Captain!!!

Ouch. What LED is #50??

#6021 2 years ago

Hey all, just picked up a ST prem & now noticed all the mission & weapons arrow lamps are not working, yesterday the arrows were flashing different colours at the time & came good & now all dead, any ideas hopefully a common issue, I checked & swapped the cables to the boards & they are ok, the mission board red led is flashing fast like the others, did a search & nothing came up, TIA

IMG_0246 (resized).JPG

#6022 2 years ago

Did you check the fuse on the main mission board?
I think the voltage regulator on the center mission board is fused... so maybe that's the cause?
Also make sure the yellow GI voltage cable is secure on that mission board.

#6023 2 years ago

Stupid question- does anyone know how to erase extra credits in the machine, besides taking the battery out and doing a complete reset.

#6024 2 years ago

Which game?
I know my STNG has a clear credits option in the menu... Pretty sure the Stern has it as well.

#6025 2 years ago

ST Pro, I might have missed it, but didn't see one

#6026 2 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Hey all, just picked up a ST prem & now noticed all the mission & weapons arrow lamps are not working, yesterday the arrows were flashing different colours at the time & came good & now all dead, any ideas hopefully a common issue, I checked & swapped the cables to the boards & they are ok, the mission board red led is flashing fast like the others, did a search & nothing came up, TIA

Try reflowing the solder joints at the pin connectors. My arrows were flickering different colors and this fixed it.

#6027 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Try reflowing the solder joints at the pin connectors. My arrows were flickering different colors and this fixed it.

Ok, thank you. I did notice the red and white power plug that goes from the DMD to the power board was slightly loose at the power board. I pushed it in and it seems like it helped. The problem is intermittent and I'm not sure if it's fixed. Reading other forums, I noticed other DMD problems look worse with thick vertical lines going through their DMD. I have small horizontal lines. This might be an indicator that it's a power issue rather than ribbon or DMD issue. Thought I'd pass that on. Not sure

#6028 2 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

weapons lights try reseating all the connectors. just fixed mine that way

#6029 2 years ago

Guys I need a big favor. We had to replace a board and 4 wires because our opto wasn't working anymore behind the drop target, and this required having to take off the ship and everything on top of the playfield around that area. This was NOT fun or easy. So we are putting it back together and would like to see maybe a picture of the top and sides of that area if anyone has one they can share. Thank you!!

#6030 2 years ago

officially left the club today, sold my one owner STLE (like new) with many mods. Have owned for 3.5 years and happy to get back my purchase price (including mods) that's much better than my XMLE experience (LOL) it's night and day between these two pins.

#6031 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

officially left the club today, sold my one owner STLE (like new) with many mods. Have owned for 3.5 years and happy to get back my purchase price (including mods) that's much better than my XMLE experience (LOL) it's night and day between these two pins.

Sad to see you go rai, but kindly see yourself to the door

#6032 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Seems like ST LE is one of the few Stern LEs that are holding their value over time. Probably because they actually put in some effort to make it a truly special LE.

#6033 2 years ago

cscmtp,

Quoted from cscmtp:

Guys I need a big favor. We had to replace a board and 4 wires because our opto wasn't working anymore behind the drop target, and this required having to take off the ship and everything on top of the playfield around that area. This was NOT fun or easy. So we are putting it back together and would like to see maybe a picture of the top and sides of that area if anyone has one they can share. Thank you!!

Have you looked at my Stern Star_Trek PopCap installation instructions? In that document I walk thru the disassembly of the Vengeance, so maybe the instructions will help you reassemble?

On another matter;
I'm pleased to announce the immediate availability of my STNG Popcaps for #Star Trek: The Next Generation with a 10% discount and 10% hurricane Harvey donation match.Uniform Color Option

#6034 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

cscmtp,

Have you looked at my Stern Star_Trek PopCap installation instructions? In that document I walk thru the disassembly of the Vengeance, so maybe one it will help you reassemble?

I would recommend this video its great! I would also recommend buying zitt pop caps while your at it and have your playfield dismantled, they are one of the best mods available for Stern's Star Trek.

#6035 2 years ago

Guys I really need help. So I replaced the board Chaz at Stern recommended and swapped out 4 new opto wires, took FOREVER to take the ship apart and get it back together...and its STILL doing the exact same thing! (I can get balls past the target during modes where it should register a hit and it won't register anything)

Any suggestions???

#6036 2 years ago

Does it ever register hits or never? Sounds like maybe a flaky opto?

#6037 2 years ago

If the magnet doesn't operate behind the target. It's probably the rear opto, opto board or you put the optos in backwards on the board.

#6038 2 years ago

Ok, First issue on my ST Prem. My right lower flipper will not flip when hitting the flipper button, upper right flipper does work. Tested fine in coil test, When you are in test mode you cannot select with the flipper button either. Any ideas? Seems to me that something is not making a connection, but it fools me with the upper flipper working just fine.
I did not have time to dig into yesterday but will tonight.

#6039 2 years ago

Broken wire on the flipper leaf switch?

#6040 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Broken wire on the flipper leaf switch?

I guarantee that's what it is. If the coil works in test, then it is obvious that's where his issue is. Two second fix.

#6041 2 years ago

That's what I was looking for "a broken wire"! Even tested the fuse knowing that was not the problem.
But here you go, bright mods flipper kit. Love it!!!! But the leaf was caught on the nut. Not allowing it to make connection when depressed!
Thanks!

IMG_0576 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#6042 2 years ago

Got to 5YM for the second time last night!

Didn't totally tweak out and insta drain like last time. Actually got to pay attention to the mode and make some shots.

Didn't take a particularly strategic path there. On ball 3 with an eb waiting I got to and through EA.

Drained shortly after.

On my final ball I needed to complete PD3, KB3, SJ3 and StE3. However I had already done most of the work in PD3 and KB3. Only needed 1 shot to complete each. Unfortunately it ended up being the Warp Ramp for both.

Took out SJ and StE and then it was time for some warp action.

It wasn't pretty, but I got it done. Along the way I had qualified Vengeance 3. When all the modes were complete I had the Vengeance shot lit for both 5YM & V3. At this point I was reasonably confident Vengeance was going to start and I was going to drain before getting to 5YM.

Fortunately FYI #spoilerAlert 5YM took precedence.

Put up a new GC of 1.3B

I've had this game for years now. Still enjoying the journey.

#6043 2 years ago

Wow that's awesome. The .ore I play this the more I love it. The modes are starting to finally make sense to me. The 2nd and 3rd tier modes are pretty awesome. This game has the best flow I have ever seen in a sterns. It's almost like it's not a sterns at all. It just feels different.

#6044 2 years ago

I'm looking for a HUO Star Trek Pro or premium within 5 hour drive of St. Louis MO. Anybody selling? Rob

#6045 2 years ago

5YM is quite a feat. I'm happy that I made it to amok a few times.

#6046 2 years ago
Quoted from jorant:

Wow that's awesome. The .ore I play this the more I love it. The modes are starting to finally make sense to me. The 2nd and 3rd tier modes are pretty awesome. This game has the best flow I have ever seen in a sterns. It's almost like it's not a sterns at all. It just feels different.

I agree, I traded my Hobbit for a STLE and it might be my favorite pin ever. And I've had a lot of A list pins in the top 20 on pinside. its fast, its beautiful, and its deep enough to keep me into it even though I've had it for months and am out of the honeymoon phase!

#6047 2 years ago

Probably been talked about in previous posts,
the bumper post right hand side of the Warp ramp gets whacked by the ball & bends,
anyone fitted a different type of post that can take more of a pounding TIA

IMG_2097 (resized).JPG

#6048 2 years ago

I haven't seen it... but then I haven't looked at my machine in detail lately.
Is it possible to turn down the upper flipper power?

#6049 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I haven't seen it... but then I haven't looked at my machine in detail lately.
Is it possible to turn down the upper flipper power?

no adjustment on the upper RH coil strength, removed this post twice to bent it back into shape, rubber ring doesn't last long either

#6050 2 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

no adjustment on the upper RH coil strength, removed this post twice to bent it back into shape, rubber ring doesn't last long either

Replace the rubber ring with a superband minipost rubber. That will at least help the ring. I'm not sure about the post.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Playfield - Plastics
MicksPinball
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Juneau, WI
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
$ 4.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 125.00
Lighting - Backbox
Great American Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
Centerville, OH
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 26.50
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8328 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 167.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside