Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
DSCN3233 (resized).JPG

There are 10,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 216.
#5901 6 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I have an issue with my Center drop target, which goes down when the ball is in the bumpers, sometimes multiple times, without any contact. Seems to be too sensitive. Any idea how to fix this ?
Thank you for any feedback.

You'll most likely need to adjust the spring and or the ledge the drop rests on. I had to add very thin washers to mine.

Some more reading here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stle-drop-target-issue-need-advice

#5902 6 years ago

O.k., Perfect, I will tre this, thanks a lot!

#5903 6 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

O.k., Perfect, I will tre this, thanks a lot!

First of all check the screw-bolt on the bottom of the drop target assembly is tight. If it is loose then Tighten it. Fixed it for me with no need for ledge adjustments

#5904 6 years ago

Is anyone using the cliff drop target protector and magnet protector? If so how are they holding up/working?

#5905 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is anyone using the cliff drop target protector

I've had a drop and shooter lane protector on my STLE since nearly day one. It's been to ?4? Texas Pinball Fesitivals... and 2 houston Arcade Expos... No issue with the drop targe protector. My shooter lane protector has taken a minor beating; but it's not noticeable unless you are specifically looking.

I have the full cliffy set for this game; but have been too lazy to install some of the more difficult to get at componets. IE magnet and vuk.

#5906 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I've had a drop and shooter lane protector on my STLE since nearly day one. It's been to ?4? Texas Pinball Fesitivals... and 2 houston Arcade Expos... No issue with the drop targe protector. My shooter lane protector has taken a minor beating; but it's not noticeable unless you are specifically looking.
I have the full cliffy set for this game; but have been too lazy to install some of the more difficult to get at componets. IE magnet and vuk.

Thanks for the info John regarding the drop target and shooter lane protectors.

BTW doesn't the magnet protector just stick down onto the playfield around the magnet core?

#5907 6 years ago

Inside my Star Trek: The Next Generation i noticed an isolation transformer. It has a standard 3 prong 120v plug input and a standard socket output. It was not being used and the cord was just coiled up inside and a couple of wood screws holding it in place. Is it supposed to be used in some way? (My machine is an original 240v from Europe.) Thanks.

#5908 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is anyone using the cliff drop target protector and magnet protector? If so how are they holding up/working?

I have the full set on my Pro, including the shooter lane. The set is great and the drop target protector is fantastic. The magnet protector did become unstuck over time so I have to push the sides back down every now and then. But it doesn't interfere with gameplay as the sides arent where the ball can contact.

#5909 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I have the full set on my Pro, including the shooter lane. The set is great and the drop target protector is fantastic. The magnet protector did become unstuck over time so I have to push the sides back down every now and then. But it doesn't interfere with gameplay as the sides arent where the ball can contact.

Thanks for the reply @yoko2una, have you found the magnet protector does a good job of protecting the playfield around the magnet edge? I have seen some chewed up magnets/playfields.

I like how the Cliffy looks to add protection to the edge like the new Stern magnet cores with the outer ring meeting the inner ring of the magnet, I purchased Cliffy magnet protectors for all my games with the older style magnets hopefully to add protection to them all similar to all my newer Sterns with the new inner/outer magnet design.

#5910 6 years ago

Hello everyone
Just came across this ST club link. Will be following from now on. Already seen some mods I like.
Soon I'll be swapping my Bally's playfield and I'm sure will need help somewhere along the way. Would appreciate any help when needed and will be happy to help anyone if I know the answer.
Here is a pic of my ST babies.

IMG_0280 (resized).JPGIMG_0280 (resized).JPG

#5911 6 years ago
Quoted from FTMYpinballfan:

Nice... and nice neon topper!

#5912 6 years ago

Hello everyone
Just came across this ST club link. Will be following from now on. Already seen some mods I like.
Soon I'll be swapping my Bally's playfield and I'm sure will need help somewhere along the way. Would appreciate any help when needed and will be happy to help anyone if I know the answer.

You have all 4. Welcome to the club. If you like my mod send me a pm.

#5913 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You have all 4. Welcome to the club. If you like my mod send me a pm.

There are 5.

#5914 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

there are 5.

Oups. Which one am I missing? Your alt universe?

#5916 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

there are 5.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oups. Which one am I missing? Your alt universe?

Ha! I thought that was a reference to the STTNG episode with Picard and the 4 (5) lights. Oops.

#5917 6 years ago

Hey Zitt

Did check out pics of the 5th...awesome!
Wish it was at Pinballz, one of my must stops every time I'm in Austin. Little Deli, Gordough's and pinball...fantastic!

#5918 6 years ago

Wish it was at Pinballz

The owner of Pinballz offered to buy it... I said bring the "stupid money"... he said he had it... but never provided a "stupid money offer".
So; not really a chance of that happening.

Next time you are in town; let me know. I don't think I've turned the 5th on since TPF.

#5919 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

The owner of Pinballz offered to buy it... I said bring the "stupid money"... he said he had it... but never provided a "stupid money offer".
So; not really a chance of that happening.
Next time you are in town; let me know. I don't think I've turned the 5th on since TPF.

How much is "stupid money"? What would it take to take it off your hands?

#5920 6 years ago

More than a Batman Super Limited Edition... that's for sure.

#5921 6 years ago

Is this mylar or paint damage? It started after I got the game but the mylar was down when I purchased it.
20170426_212152_1496675286390_resized (resized).jpg20170426_212152_1496675286390_resized (resized).jpg
20170426_212147_1496675289228_resized (resized).jpg20170426_212147_1496675289228_resized (resized).jpg20170426_212144_1496675292371_resized (resized).jpg20170426_212144_1496675292371_resized (resized).jpg

#5922 6 years ago

Looks like scratches on the mylar to me; but just not sure.
Looks like someone put mylar in places that aren't stock... but logical. IE the center Thousands didn't have mylar in an original game. Is this a CPR repro w/ extra mylar by the previous owner?

#5923 6 years ago

i have the last ST Panel available

€110,- shipped

2ac (resized).jpg2ac (resized).jpg

22c (resized).jpg22c (resized).jpg

#5924 6 years ago

I've arrived. Bought a Stern Premium a cpl wks ago from a deal from a friend I simply couldn't pass up. This has always been a fringe game for me as I already had Black Spider Man and it's my 2nd fav game. Always enjoyed Stern Star Trek but never pulled the trigger until now! I'll be modifying it with the essentials and not going overboard like I used to. I'm looking forward to the voyage. I hope it will make me appreciate the theme more because I'm coming into it with zero interest in the theme. I really enjoyed GOT but it never helped me enjoy the theme at all. I have a feeling this will be a forever keeper for me once I learn the rules and as long as it feels different enough to my precious spidey. Cheers.

#5925 6 years ago

Anyone looking for a blue laser upgrade kit? I have one available.

#5926 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I've arrived. Bought a Stern Premium a cpl wks ago from a deal from a friend I simply couldn't pass up. This has always been a fringe game for me as I already had Black Spider Man and it's my 2nd fav game. Always enjoyed Stern Star Trek but never pulled the trigger until now! I'll be modifying it with the essentials and not going overboard like I used to. I'm looking forward to the voyage. I hope it will make me appreciate the theme more because I'm coming into it with zero interest in the theme. I really enjoyed GOT but it never helped me enjoy the theme at all. I have a feeling this will be a forever keeper for me once I learn the rules and as long as it feels different enough to my precious spidey. Cheers.

Congrats! the layout and shots are very similar to spidey but the structure of the code is completely different.

#5927 6 years ago

I picked up a STLE a couple of weeks ago and I'm loving it! Now I'm looking for mods, does anyone have a bird of prey for sale or the LED vengeance mod? Any other mods would also be considered.

#5928 6 years ago
Quoted from Tres:

I picked up a STLE a couple of weeks ago and I'm loving it! Now I'm looking for mods, does anyone have a bird of prey for sale or the LED vengeance mod? Any other mods would also be considered.

I sell a bunch of mods for this game.
Additionally;
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-comprehensive-mod-list
is really "the" list. My website has the most up-to-date list.
http://pinball-mods.com/blogs/?p=549

#5929 6 years ago
Quoted from Tres:

I have my Leg Light-Up mod available. PM me.

#5930 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Looks like someone put mylar in places that aren't stock... but logical.

I put the mylar down to protect the inserts from getting wear. All of the inserts on the playfield have mylar on them in some form or other. The slingshot mylar was there when I purchased the game from the original owner about a year and a half ago.

#5931 6 years ago

I know if I had the bucks,Id pay Zitt $50 thous.before i would even consider that M Jackson Pepsi one off PIN for the same money!

#5932 6 years ago

Welcome RandomKG!! Engage!!

#5933 6 years ago

Well; $50k is certainly stooped money. If someone came with that cash in hand; it'd be theirs.

2 weeks later
#5934 6 years ago

Just ordered my VUK/Bracket Dressing kit. Let's dress that baby up!

#5935 6 years ago

Just ordered my VUK/Bracket Dressing kit. Let's dress that baby up!

Shhhh.... give the other preorder's a chance to order before the flood gates open.

1 week later
#5936 6 years ago

So does anyone have any experience with a VIVAK [PET-G] Playfield Protector on their HUO Star Trek? Playfield protector vs clear coat? I've seen comments on the forum which raise concerns on how to keep my playfield in good shape. Right now all that's on it is carnuba wax and Cliffys (except the magnet protector, haven't gotten around to that one yet).

#5937 6 years ago
Quoted from minishark:

So does anyone have any experience with a VIVAK [PET-G] Playfield Protector on their HUO Star Trek? Playfield protector vs clear coat? I've seen comments on the forum which raise concerns on how to keep my playfield in good shape. Right now all that's on it is carnuba wax and Cliffys (except the magnet protector, haven't gotten around to that one yet).

No experience with a playfield protector, but personally I think you are fine just waxing for a HUO environment. I've had my ST for a few years and played a couple thousand games, and it is holding up fine. I wax and change the balls regularly.

#5938 6 years ago

Hi,
New owner here.
Can so tell what gives 9.9 warp ramp?
And what it gives when you succeed 2 three in row in the same time? Is super ramp and pop bumpers are stacked (for exemple)?

#5939 6 years ago

Welcome on Board Captain
Here my two NCC-1701
The ST Pro has landed 2 weeks ago with me.

Best Regarts

IMG_2342 (resized).JPGIMG_2342 (resized).JPG

IMG_2145 (resized).JPGIMG_2145 (resized).JPG

#5940 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi,
New owner here.
Can so tell what gives 9.9 warp ramp?
And what it gives when you succeed 2 three in row in the same time? Is super ramp and pop bumpers are stacked (for exemple)?

I forgot to mention I was talking about Star Trek Premium so Stern one.

#5941 6 years ago

Just want to say I freaking love this game. In the last year I bought a Smaug LE, Ghostbusters Prem, and a STLE and the STLE is BY FAR my favorite!!

#5942 6 years ago

Is there a mod that anyone may know of that could light the plastic ramps on a Pro similar to the Tron LE?

#5943 6 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Is there a mod that anyone may know of that could light the plastic ramps on a Pro similar to the Tron LE?

Paging TimeBandit

#5944 6 years ago
Quoted from minishark:

So does anyone have any experience with a VIVAK [PET-G] Playfield Protector on their HUO Star Trek? Playfield protector vs clear coat? I've seen comments on the forum which raise concerns on how to keep my playfield in good shape. Right now all that's on it is carnuba wax and Cliffys (except the magnet protector, haven'tect gotten around to that one yet).

I would stick with the cleaning and wax on the playfield.I had a playfield protector on my STTNG and Game of Thrones Premium. Both played terrible. I ended up cutting the protector off of my STTNG and putting it in the recycle bin.

#5945 6 years ago

Calling attention to a product being made in Germany and distributed here in North America. This set of 18 laser etch decals will dress up the stainless steel VUK housing as brackets used on Star Trek: The Next Generation

Here's a quick picture:
Left VUK Dress kitLeft VUK Dress kit
more pictures in the thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-sttng-mod-for-ball-popper-housings-and-other-parts

Direct link to purchasing for North America:
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/game-specific-products-star-trek-the-next-generation-stng-vukbracket-dressing-p-25.html

#5946 6 years ago

Calling attention to my Pre-Order survey for my new STNG Popcaps which I hope to be offering for sale in the near future.

Sample Installation:
Sample Installation - Uniform colorsSample Installation - Uniform colors

I'm collecting survey data to give me an idea of what configurations will be popular so I can ensure I have adequate stock of those configurations.
https://goo.gl/forms/QhWqKS9AF6mxuYuq2
Please fill free to submit your opinion. I will use the data collected to build inventory of the Undercap colors and to ensure I have enough LEDs to offer with the kit. This isn't a "pre-order"; more of an "i am interested" list. If you provide me with your email address; I'll offer a coupon for this product as a "thank you" and would only be valid for a week or two after product launch.

If you want to see more pictures (or comment on the caps); please checkout my thread here on Pinside:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stng-popcaps-any-interest/page/2#post-3832378

#5947 6 years ago

I have some chips and cracks in my Star Trek Pro Alpha Quadrant ramp. After searching around, I cannot seem to find a replacement ramp. Does anyone know of a source for a replacement?

#5949 6 years ago
Quoted from jaystile:

I have some chips and cracks in my Star Trek Pro Alpha Quadrant ramp. After searching around, I cannot seem to find a replacement ramp. Does anyone know of a source for a replacement?

Yes, Stern should have this. I had a crack during the warranty period and they sent me a replacement ramp for free. They did not even make me return the old one.

#5950 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Yes, Stern should have this. I had a crack during the warranty period and they sent me a replacement ramp for free. They did not even make me return the old one.

I'll try contacting my local distributor as they have a parts department that works with Stern. I just wish they were open on the weekends. Anyone ever have any luck with PlastiFix https://www.amazon.com/Polyvance-PlastiFix-Kit-Clear/dp/B0007LTXVY ? I was curious to know how clear it dries or if it will be yellowish.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Spring Grove, IL
$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing
Hardware
$ 45.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winter Garden, FL
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
10,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 199.95
$ 10.00
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/119 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.