PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 217.
#5851 7 years ago

Star Trek Discovery... on the ropes?

#5852 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Star Trek Discovery... on the ropes?

I saw this a couple of weeks ago. I really hope this isn't the case. I also hope the leaked aliens weren't Klingons. If they start messing with the timeline like that they're really going to piss off their constituent fan base.

1 week later
#5853 7 years ago

i have just 1 panel left if someone is interested

first come - first get

tom

DSC_0834 (resized).jpgDSC_0834 (resized).jpg

#5854 7 years ago

Anyone have their ST Pro or Premium chromed out? I'd love to see some pictures.

#5855 7 years ago

We're can you find the orange sling shot rubbers for ST Pro. Are they Super Bands. I can't find them anywhere.

#5856 7 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

We're can you find the orange sling shot rubbers for ST Pro. Are they Super Bands. I can't find them anywhere.

Get them from Titan. They look great.

#5858 7 years ago

Sorry if this has been answered before
But who does the Klingon voice in Stern ST? Is it a modified Steve Richie voice?

Also can someone explain Kobayshi Maru scoring? Not medals, but actual shots during the code. First shot is always lower, and 2nd shot is a lot higher. How does this relate to the scores you got in the mode? It always seems to be a round number like 12 million or so. But my mode scores are never an even number.

#5859 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Also can someone explain Kobayshi Maru scoring? Not medals, but actual shots during the code. First shot is always lower, and 2nd shot is a lot higher. How does this relate to the scores you got in the mode? It always seems to be a round number like 12 million or so. But my mode scores are never an even number.

For KM scoring, it has to do with how well you did on the way to KM, then work combos.
The best tutorial on this is from Bowen Kerins on Youtube

Have Fun!

#5860 7 years ago
Quoted from Fishhawk1650:

For KM scoring, it has to do with how well you did on the way to KM, then work combos.
The best tutorial on this is from Bowen Kerins on Youtube
» YouTube video
Have Fun!

I think that may be old, though, and not apply to the new scoring system with medal awards. I do think the better you do, the higher the award in KM, but I'm not sure there is a direct correlation to your score in the mode.

#5861 7 years ago

Just got my ST Pro today, so now I'm part of the club!!!! No set up yet since Im sending some parts out for powder coating. Figured while thats out I will install the Cliffys protectors, which include the ramps as well and a shaker motor.

I do have a question in regards to replacement rubber. I noticed that some of the pieces, particularly around the ramps and vengeance shot appear to be silicone/shiny as opposed to rubber as found on other areas of the machine. The reason I bring it up is the kits Titan sells show those items as a quantity of 18, but all the same. Attached photos for reference. Does it matter? One style appears thicker.

Thanks

PB (resized).jpgPB (resized).jpg

PB1 (resized).jpgPB1 (resized).jpg

#5862 7 years ago

the rubbers at those ramps typically shred after 100 plays. The last owner replace the shredded rubber with either superbands or titan.

#5863 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

the rubbers at those ramps typically shred after 100 plays. The last owner replace the shredded rubber with either superbands or titan.

My STPro had those shiny rubbers around the ramps and vengeance out of the box. They are odd, I have never seen them before on Stern machines. They have a flat bottom and rounded top and seem to be a lot harder in composition than the other rubbers. Almost like they were made specifically for this machine. Looking on all the websites, I have not seen those for sale as aftermarket, and the manual does not note them as being different, but they were definitely factory for me. I have not read through every page of this thread, so maybe it has been discussed before.

#5864 7 years ago

They look exactly urethane rubbers... or silicon. My Superbands which I bought to replace the shredded rubbers are the same shape and glossy. I'd bet that Stern sourced them for later builds.

#5865 7 years ago

All the post rubbers are the same size. I replaced all mine with clear super band minis. Like zitt said, the ones around the warp ramp take a beating and regular rubbers don't last too long even in a home environment.

#5866 7 years ago

So I would be ok to replace them all with Titan rubbers?

Thank you for all your help and info

#5867 7 years ago

Star Trek Pro question. Is there anything I can do to make the left scoop kickout to the flipper instead of hitting the top of the sling almost every time?

#5868 7 years ago
Quoted from CryHavoc:

Star Trek Pro question. Is there anything I can do to make the left scoop kickout to the flipper instead of hitting the top of the sling almost every time?

First, is your game level? what is the power setting on that coil? I'm pretty sure you can adjust its power to shoot out harder or softer.

#5869 7 years ago
Quoted from Xrated:

So I would be ok to replace them all with Titan rubbers?
Thank you for all your help and info

Those are now stock for high impact areas, Stern used superbands. Even though I replaced my rubbers with Titan I left those superbands in place.

#5870 7 years ago
Quoted from Xrated:

Just got my ST Pro today, so now I'm part of the club!!!! No set up yet since Im sending some parts out for powder coating. Figured while thats out I will install the Cliffys protectors, which include the ramps as well and a shaker motor.
I do have a question in regards to replacement rubber. I noticed that some of the pieces, particularly around the ramps and vengeance shot appear to be silicone/shiny as opposed to rubber as found on other areas of the machine. The reason I bring it up is the kits Titan sells show those items as a quantity of 18, but all the same. Attached photos for reference. Does it matter? One style appears thicker.
Thanks

Quoted from Skeets:

My STPro had those shiny rubbers around the ramps and vengeance out of the box. They are odd, I have never seen them before on Stern machines. They have a flat bottom and rounded top and seem to be a lot harder in composition than the other rubbers. Almost like they were made specifically for this machine. Looking on all the websites, I have not seen those for sale as aftermarket, and the manual does not note them as being different, but they were definitely factory for me. I have not read through every page of this thread, so maybe it has been discussed before.

I could be wrong but I believe SR asked specifically to have superbands added to the game from factory, in fact I'm sure it was a pinballnews article I'll see if I can find it.

#5871 7 years ago

"I don't recommend the use of post sleeves on the mini posts in place of the rubber donuts. Sleeves have too little rebound for my tastes, and they don't belong on ST. "Says who?" Says The King! You can use sleeves, but I will laugh and jeer like the Black Knight when I see your game.

There are some great new urethane post, mini post and flipper rubbers (Super Bands) available from Marco that are super durable and provide great rebound. They are manufactured by C.U.E. led by Joe Scalleta, and come in a full range of colors and styles. I wish I knew about them and not sure they were even available before ST production; I would have specified them on all models. They show no wear at all after hundreds of fun plays in my testing."

Steve Ritchie - PinballNews Star Trek Review.

I guess Stern did in fact add them when ST was maybe at the beginning of production or mid way through.

#5872 7 years ago

I took some of the SB a step further on my ST pro.

ST1 (resized).jpgST1 (resized).jpg
ST2 (resized).jpgST2 (resized).jpg

#5873 7 years ago

Can someone do me a favor and show me how the wiring is setup with this stand-up plastic on TNG? I have the plastic, but I can't seem to find the wiring nor where this plugs into the harness.

Thank you in advance, kind soul.

20170412_203518 (resized).jpg20170412_203518 (resized).jpg

#5874 7 years ago

Star Trek blackout mod for Premium and LE
"SMALL 2017 RE-RUN" ONLY 10 KITS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3/4 of the white PF GI is now dark when klingon multiball starts
not the best Video
» YouTube video

Installation info at http://www.freaktech.at
The Price is 59,- euro + 22,- euro shipping to US or 18,- euro shipping inside europe
you can order up to 3 kits for the same shipping costs
Installation Video:
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2016/01/02/mod-install-stern-star-trek-premle-multi-ball-black-out-mod-install/

for more infos check out

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-le-laser-blackout-mod/page/10#post-3725750

tom

#5875 7 years ago

I just had a perfect Nero 3 but got a silver medal... hit all my shots on left ramp with both arrows lit in succession and only got a silver. Not the first time that's happened. Is it a bug?

#5876 7 years ago
Quoted from CryHavoc:

Sure, you can adjust the power of the coil in the settings. I backed mine off but still end up with drains from it sometimes - very frustrating.

#5877 7 years ago

Mine hardly ever ejects to the flipper. I've adjusted it many times. It works best for me on high or the ball just bounced off the sling shot. When I have time, I was going to check and see if the eject hole is damaged or cracked. I thought I read a forum mentioning a fix, because something broke.

#5878 7 years ago

I'm having a weird issue on stern star trek pro where the flipper buttons will sometimes register the bottom center opto target. This makes the drop go up and down in game and give you free shots to the vengeance in vegence modes... no idea what could cause this. I swapped out the opto board and doesn't fix it.

#5879 7 years ago

Does anyone have a DE Star Trek for sale in the Southeast?

#5880 7 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

I'm having a weird issue on stern star trek pro where the flipper buttons will sometimes register the bottom center opto target. This makes the drop go up and down in game and give you free shots to the vengeance in vegence modes... no idea what could cause this. I swapped out the opto board and doesn't fix it.

Mine had the same problem. I needed to replace the opto itself, not the board. I ended up replacing all of them under the ship, because I didn't want to do it again. The opts on the right are easy to get to, but the ones on the left are difficult. I started a forum recently that went over some of the problems I had. It was called Star Trek Pro drop target other fixes. Hope this helps.

1 week later
#5881 6 years ago

I have had a few opto issues with my ST pro.
You can probably just bang on the playfield and see the opto trigger. The last issue was one under the vengeance. Luckily, it was one on the right that was easy to replace.

#5882 6 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Mine had the same problem. I needed to replace the opto itself, not the board. I ended up replacing all of them under the ship, because I didn't want to do it again. The opts on the right are easy to get to, but the ones on the left are difficult. I started a forum recently that went over some of the problems I had. It was called Star Trek Pro drop target other fixes. Hope this helps.

Yeah, replacing the optos fixed it. Pain in the ass, so like you, I replaced all 4 of those since you have to take so much crap off to get to them.

#5883 6 years ago

Stern star trek owners - playfield angle: do you have it as recommended ie the spirit level as manufacturer intended, or do you Jack up the rear legs?

#5884 6 years ago

Mine is right at the top of the line.

1494225600145-1746173738 (resized).jpg1494225600145-1746173738 (resized).jpg

#5885 6 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I rarely go off of the Stern levels, usually level all my games using a digital level so there all identical and accurate, bubbles are usually the same but it's always nice to double check.

#5886 6 years ago

We'll using my clinometer app on my phone and laying the phone on the glass, I'm at 15.1.

#5887 6 years ago

Glass is not the same as playfield

#5888 6 years ago

I understand, but for ease of use, transferring incline specs off of the same machine wouldn't going off the glass be easier.

#5889 6 years ago

I keep mine steeper than the factory recommended bubble. About 1/4 of the bubble above the center.

#5890 6 years ago

6.8 incline for playfield

#5891 6 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Thanks guys. Mine was at the lower end of the spirit level, but just adjusted it at the weekend to the top of the line just like your photo. I was interested as it has definitely changed the feel of the game. I like it! Feels right

#5892 6 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I understand, but for ease of use, transferring incline specs off of the same machine wouldn't going off the glass be easier.

Is the glass and playfield 100% perpendicular? Takes 1 minute to remove the glass and do it right.

#5893 6 years ago

parallel

Quoted from Rondogg:Is the glass and playfield 100% perpendicular

I hope not! (parallel)

#5894 6 years ago

Some of you may have purchased some Stern Star_Trek Popcaps from me in the past. I posted a new thread about an possible upcoming popcap set I'm thinking of getting made for the STNG machine.

Please stop by:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stng-popcaps-any-interest
and give me your opinion.

#5895 6 years ago

i have 5 kits left !!

Star Trek blackout mod for Premium and LE

3/4 of the white PF GI is now dark when klingon multiball starts
not the best Video
» YouTube video
Installation info at http://www.freaktech.at
The Price is 59,- euro + 22,- euro shipping to US or 18,- euro shipping inside europe
you can order up to 3 kits for the same shipping costs
Installation Video:
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2016/01/02/mod-install-stern-star-trek-premle-multi-ball-black-out-mod-install/
for more infos check out
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-le-laser-blackout-mod/page/10#post-3725750
tom

#5896 6 years ago

I will order some Panels today for PRO and PREMIUM

Euro 105,- free shiping to USA

2ac (resized).jpg2ac (resized).jpg

22c (resized).jpg22c (resized).jpg

#5897 6 years ago

I finally put my stainless speaker panel on and put a blue el paper behind it. Looks great.

IMGA0124 (resized).JPGIMGA0124 (resized).JPG

IMGA0125 (resized).JPGIMGA0125 (resized).JPG

#5898 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I finally put my stainless speaker panel on and put a blue el paper behind it. Looks great.

Looks great with the blue DMD!

#5899 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Looks great with the blue DMD!

It does but the dmd blue is just a bit to dark, I have to tweak it. It will look a lot better "when" the dmd goes full color. Any day now right.

#5900 6 years ago

I have an issue with my Center drop target, which goes down when the ball is in the bumpers, sometimes multiple times, without any contact. Seems to be too sensitive. Any idea how to fix this ?

Thank you for any feedback.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 217.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/118?hl=otrchief and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.