Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 216.
#5801 7 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Now I just have to install Zitts wing LED mod and I'm set.

Did you paint before or after the body was modded/drilled?
I'd advice you paint after the body is modded so I don't risk ruining you awesome paint job.

Did you use any screen captures to come up with this paint job?

This looks pretty cool:
https://startrekstarships.wordpress.com/2015/04/22/special-edition-klingon-d4-class/

#5802 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Did you paint before or after the body was modded/drilled?
I'd advice you paint after the body is modded so I don't risk ruining you awesome paint job.
Did you use any screen captures to come up with this paint job?
This looks pretty cool:
https://startrekstarships.wordpress.com/2015/04/22/special-edition-klingon-d4-class/

Yes, I did all the drilling and modding before I painted it. I definitely would have had to repaint it otherwise.

You're good! I actually did use the Eaglemoss D4 model as inspiration. Would love for mine to look exactly like that but I'm not that good. Still really happy with how it turned out though. I'll put up some pics of it in the cab.

#5803 7 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

You're good! I actually did use the Eaglemoss D4 model as inspiration. Would love for mine to look exactly like that but I'm not that good. Still really happy with how it turned out though. I'll put up some pics of it in the cab.

I'm curious how mod-able the Eaglemoss is... so I ordered two.
One for my collection and one for attempting to do the wingled mod on.
Also ordered a JellyFish from the site just incase. Not sure if or where I can find a spot for it in my LE... but we'll see.

#5804 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I'm curious how mod-able the Eaglemoss is... so I ordered two.
One for my collection and one for attempting to do the wingled mod on.
Also ordered a JellyFish from the site just incase. Not sure if or where I can find a spot for it in my LE... but we'll see.

I thought the same thing but decided against it because of the size....apparently the wing span is 8 inches whereas the Hotwheels toy is 6 inches.

#5805 7 years ago
Quoted from Bruce:

Thanks, good to hear. So do you add electrical tape to the edges of the playfield glass? I assume there aren't issues with the translite glass rattling.
What is tamping down the shake? lol

Quoted from pipes:

Bruce, I think it's best you install it and see for yourself before planning anything. I don't have any issues with regards to parts of the cab rattling and you may not either.

Definitely listen to pipes. Not everyone has problems with the glass rattling. When it happened to me, it was actually a bit difficult to trace. I couldn't tell whether it was the coin box, playfield glass, translite, etc. I kept running the shaker in test mode and pushing on things to see if the rattle would stop. Eventually, I discovered that it was the right side of the playfield glass. I tried electrical tape, but it was too thick for my channels. Duct tape worked best.

As for tamping down the shake, on my shaker, there is a threaded rod at the top. If you tighten it, it lessens the shake a bit. There is no in game setting to do this. The in game settings just deal with how often it shakes, not with what intensity.

Anyway, you'll figure it out. Hopefully, you won't need to adjust anything, but if you do, there are ways.

#5806 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Definitely listen to pipes. Not everyone has problems with the glass rattling. When it happened to me, it was actually a bit difficult to trace. I couldn't tell whether it was the coin box, playfield glass, translite, etc. I kept running the shaker in test mode and pushing on things to see if the rattle would stop. Eventually, I discovered that it was the right side of the playfield glass. I tried electrical tape, but it was too thick for my channels. Duct tape worked best.
As for tamping down the shake, on my shaker, there is a threaded rod at the top. If you tighten it, it lessens the shake a bit. There is no in game setting to do this. The in game settings just deal with how often it shakes, not with what intensity.
Anyway, you'll figure it out. Hopefully, you won't need to adjust anything, but if you do, there are ways.

Thanks guys good advice. I'll try it out tomorrow

#5807 7 years ago

My STLE has some damage to the left side back box decal, does anyone know where I would be able to get a replacement decal for the left side?

I would buy the whole cabinet decal set if I had to just to get the back box left side i need.

#5808 7 years ago

Are you the original owner?
Have you contacted Stern?
I'm guessing they will require you to buy a full set. I'm not aware of anyone who is selling the decals; much less individual parts of the set.

#5809 7 years ago

No, purchased the machine second hand, was hoping someone may know a website that had them.

I will contact Stern to see if they can help, thanks for the advice.

#5810 7 years ago

Anti rattle tape is as more elegant solution. I'd be afraid electrical tape or duct tape would eventually leave as gooey or dried glue residue

#5811 7 years ago

Not sure iff first eva but I've made glowing opto for my cannons

IMAG1696 (resized).jpgIMAG1696 (resized).jpg

#5812 7 years ago

ok I have a Stern ST Premium but here is my question:
Stern ST or Williams ST:TNG???
should I trade out for one?

#5813 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Wow. I can't believe I didn't get a shaker sooner, what a difference!! I already can't imagine the game without it. No rattling either. Thanks guys

#5814 7 years ago

You guys use Color DMD for STLE, I was holding off for the conversion but it's the only pin in my lineup without color DMD.

Any fear that it won't be converted for some reason?

#5815 7 years ago

1-2 years ago Randy told me ST is very hard to colorize (some animations)

but when i see what they have done with other animations like SM or Thron i dont believe this.

may be other titles are cheaper to coloriz (safecracker)

but i think there are more ST buyers then a old title.

#5816 7 years ago
Quoted from Buildn:

My STLE has some damage to the left side back box decal, does anyone know where I would be able to get a replacement decal for the left side?
I would buy the whole cabinet decal set if I had to just to get the back box left side i need.

Don't bother contacting Stern, they will give you a generic link to a "local" distributor. Contact a local Stern dealer if you know one. They will order from Stern for you, cost around $30 for one side decal.

#5817 7 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Both.

#5818 7 years ago
Quoted from Bruce:

Wow. I can't believe I didn't get a shaker sooner, what a difference!! I already can't imagine the game without it. No rattling either. Thanks guys

Yeah, I remember I got my shaker a couple of weeks after getting the game and was wondering if I even needed it. But once I put it in and got it working right, I knew I could never go back.

#5819 7 years ago

Is there some kind of saucer protector for Bally Star Trek? Sometimes when I make a hard hit on the drops from the right flipper, it ricochets through the pop bumpers and slams the saucer. Does Cliffy make something for these type of holes?

#5820 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

1-2 years ago Randy told me ST is very hard to colorize (some animations)
but when i see what they have done with other animations like SM or Thron i dont believe this.
may be other titles are cheaper to coloriz (safecracker)
but i think there are more ST buyers then a old title.

apparently there are some anomalies in some of the animations that make it really difficult to color

#5821 7 years ago
Quoted from Bruce:

I put mirror blades on mine, and new translite amongst many other things. Looks awesome!

Where did you get the new translite?

#5822 7 years ago

I have a couple of questions on ST Premium. Does the VUK ever put the ball directly on the playfield rather than rotating and putting the ball on the wire ramp? What does the red light on the emblem above the warp ramp indicate?

#5823 7 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Don't bother contacting Stern, they will give you a generic link to a "local" distributor. Contact a local Stern dealer if you know one. They will order from Stern for you, cost around $30 for one side decal.

Thank you, I have not received a response from Stern as of yet, I will contact the local authorised distributor.

#5824 7 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

Does the VUK ever put the ball directly on the playfield rather than rotating and putting the ball on the wire ramp?

Not intentionally. On occasion the ball will dribble out like it does on the pro. It's supposed to go to the wire form every time.

Quoted from OTRChief:

What does the red light on the emblem above the warp ramp indicate?

It's the combo light for that shot.

#5825 7 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

I have a couple of questions on ST Premium. Does the VUK ever put the ball directly on the playfield rather than rotating and putting the ball on the wire ramp? What does the red light on the emblem above the warp ramp indicate?

Originally it was designed that the VUK would send the ball to the warp ramp. Surprised no one has ever decided to replace that original part of the design via a mod

#5826 7 years ago

wpid-Saint-Patrick-Stewarts-Day (resized).pngwpid-Saint-Patrick-Stewarts-Day (resized).png

#5827 7 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

ST:TNG is better. But I am obviously bias.

However S:ST is faster and has more action.

#5828 7 years ago

Anyone interested in this laser cutter stainless steel speaker panels

price ist 85$ shipping up to 3 pieces for 20$

DSC_0834 (resized).jpgDSC_0834 (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#5829 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

Ohhhh does it come with the blue light up for behind the Star Trek words?

#5830 7 years ago

hi

no you can use

A: a blue decal or Paper

B: blue EL Paper 12 V you can get it from aliexpress or eBay for a view bucks

Also for Star Trek available (see ST owners thread)
only 1 run

tom

#5832 7 years ago

March 22, 1931 (age 86 years)

Happy Birthday William Shatner

Kirk (resized).JPGKirk (resized).JPG

#5833 7 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

March 22, 1931 (age 86 years)
Happy Birthday William Shatner

I would watch a new ST movie with him in it in a second.

#5834 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

Yes I am interested for a Premium. How is the Panel fixed at the Backbox? What is the Price in € and for shipping to Germany? You can send me a PM if you like.

Looking forward to your Feedback.

Eckhard

#5835 7 years ago

After over 2 years of owning ST, I finally made it to Enterprise Amok. Finally! Didn't know what to do and drained pretty quick lol. Still, I had an epic game. It was late and I was just going to play a quick game before putting my kids to bed. I was making shots, getting lucky bounces, blowing through modes, getting all the extra balls, double scoring at the right times without really trying, etc. Crazy. Never had a game like that on any pin. Ended up with 829m - way more than my other high scores. I might of got close to a billion if I could of got the last shot on vengeance3 with a combo or didn't fumble the last few balls. Even could of went for vengeance3 twice since I completed vengeance2 twice. I also blew away my previous warp record with 50. Doubt I will ever have a game like that again.

#5836 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

After over 2 years of owning ST, I finally made it to Enterprise Amok. Finally! Didn't know what to do and drained pretty quick lol. Still, I had an epic game. It was late and I was just going to play a quick game before putting my kids to bed. I was making shots, getting lucky bounces, blowing through modes, getting all the extra balls, double scoring at the right times without really trying, etc. Crazy. Never had a game like that on any pin. Ended up with 829m - way more than my other high scores. I might of got close to a billion if I could of got the last shot on vengeance3 with a combo or didn't fumble the last few balls. Even could of went for vengeance3 twice since I completed vengeance2 twice. I also blew away my previous warp record with 50. Doubt I will ever have a game like that again.

That's great man. I've only gotten about 400m on my highest game.

#5837 7 years ago

Toying... with the idea of buying a ST even if I hate the playfield (#@$#% Bevel and Emboss). How much are routed pro's these days. like dirty but not damaged?

#5838 7 years ago

The horror of seeing our captain playing "hack universe" is almost too much to bear.

#5839 7 years ago

Toying... with the idea of buying a ST even if I hate the playfield (#@$#% Bevel and Emboss). How much are routed pro's these days. like dirty but not damaged?

I think they go for around $4500 for modded nice ones. Stock probably low $4000. Can't go wrong for that price. Great game and doubt you will lose money if sold a year or two later.

#5840 7 years ago

I was keeping an eye out for a little while and didn't see any near $4,000. I ended up finding a NIB one for $4,900 two months ago.

Extremely happy with the purchase.

#5841 7 years ago

if you want one
we will order on mondän

only 1 run

tom

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#5842 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

if you want one
we will order on mondän
only 1 run
tom

Oh hell put me down for one, it's only money. PM me with the details.

#5843 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

if you want one
we will order on mondän
only 1 run
tom

Well hell throw my name into the hat as well.

#5844 7 years ago
Quoted from Xrated:

Well hell throw my name into the hat as well.

Copy cat.

#5845 7 years ago

I'm thinking about purchasing a NIB Premium but won't be ready until end of this year. Does Stern still produce this title?

#5846 7 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I'm thinking about purchasing a NIB Premium but won't be ready until end of this year. Does Stern still produce this title?

I was told Stern is done running this title. I was lucky enough to grab the second to last one (pro) that Cointaker had in stock. Unfortunately it seems any that the distribs have left in stock they bumped up the price a bit since they are no longer making them.

#5847 7 years ago
Quoted from Skeets:

Unfortunately it seems any that the distribs have left in stock they bumped up the price a bit

I don't think that is the case. Stern did a mandatory price hike late last year that increased the "floor" of pricing for ALL stern machines current still available at the disti's. So whatever the game use to cost is no longer valid. Do a search on Pinside; there was a thread about the new pricing that got pretty heated if I recall correctly.

#5848 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I don't think that is the case. Stern did a mandatory price hike late last year that increased the "floor" of pricing for ALL stern machines current still available at the disti's. So whatever the game use to cost is no longer valid. Do a search on Pinside; there was a thread about the new pricing that got pretty heated if I recall correctly.

You are correct, everything did go up a bit, and you can see it on the distrib sites. But...an STPRO on automated is priced at 5795, while the other pros like GB, GOT and Kiss are at 5599. I'm guessing the extra money tacked on to the ST was because of it recently going out of production. IIRC, 6 months or so ago, most pricing for pros on the distrib sites were 5499, so yes the price increase did get implemented for sure, but looks like any ST's left in stock are gonna get a double bump.

#5849 7 years ago

Ok, now I am "Toying" with the idea of buying a Star Trek Premium... Can anyone help me out with what is a fair price for super clean?

#5850 7 years ago

Ok, now I am "Toying" with the idea of buying a Star Trek Premium... Can anyone help me out with what is a fair price for super clean?

Maybe useful as a rough price guide

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/45109

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/117?hl=xrated and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.