Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
DSCN3233 (resized).JPG

There are 10,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 216.
#5751 7 years ago

It is also odd that it is not centered with the flippers. But oh well, still pretty cool.

#5752 7 years ago

That apron roxs. I got mine back a month or so after Brexit. Good exchange rate.

1 week later
#5753 7 years ago

Couple times this week my Stern Pro has lost flipper power during a ball and drained. Everything else seems normal, no message on the DMD, ball just drains and game moves to the next ball. Anyone else seeing anything like this?

#5754 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveF-Detroit:

Couple times this week my Stern Pro has lost flipper power during a ball and drained. Everything else seems normal, no message on the DMD, ball just drains and game moves to the next ball. Anyone else seeing anything like this?

Probably a trough opto issue. Reseat the connectors on the optics board and hopefully that will fix it

#5755 7 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Reseat the connectors on the optics board

(with the machine turned off)

#5756 7 years ago

Opto connector was loose. Thanks for the help!

#5757 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveF-Detroit:

Opto connector was loose. Thanks for the help!

glad it was something easy!

#5758 7 years ago

Anyone else have issues with ST:TNG powering a lot of mods on J116-J118? For example my Illuminated Apron + colorDMD + Shaker motor + Powered Sub/Speakers + pinnovations Audio + LED strips is a no go. Overloads and blows F116 after a few mins. Alternatively, to get back to playing I just gave the apron its own 12v external power source. Not a big deal, but curious if anyone else ran into this overloading power issue.

#5759 7 years ago

I'm pretty sure I had simular issues with the Apron update.
I had to bump the fuse one amp higher. Not ideal; but something which was needed to keep from blowing fuses.

#5760 7 years ago

All back in post#302 I didn't have a access to the picture of the Garbage I received from my previous vendor who did the Stern Star_Trek pop Caps. Here's the a picture of the garbage they tried to send me after three months of delay:
GarbageGarbage
I think you all can see the problems... but basically I said [in the spec/pdf] the center needed to be highly polished "faux" gold and the Emblem needed to be highly polished chrome/sliver. They seemed to think that the yellow and white finger paint would be perfectly acceptable.

I told them to shove it up their arse... and demanded a refund. They ofcourse denied my request so I took it up with my credit card company. So; that is the reason I am not offering these STNG caps or Stern popcaps (once they sell out) from this vendor.

#5761 7 years ago

Has anyone here restored a Bally cabinet? I want to do mine this spring. If anyone has done one I'm interested in paint color suggestions. No need to reinvent the wheel. Thanks!

#5762 7 years ago

Ok I have a basket full over on Zitts site, any other mods I should consider for my STLE? Is there a definitive ST mod list anywhere, tried a search so unless I am looking right at it and not seeing it, which is possible

EDIT: does anyone have experience with both the blackout mods on the market? Opinion? Preferred mod?

#5763 7 years ago

im in

P_20170226_094502 (resized).jpgP_20170226_094502 (resized).jpg

#5764 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Ok I have a basket full over on Zitts site, any other mods I should consider for my STLE? Is there a definitive ST mod list anywhere, tried a search so unless I am looking right at it and not seeing it, which is possible

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-comprehensive-mod-list

#5765 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

EDIT: does anyone have experience with both the blackout mods on the market? Opinion? Preferred mod?

My Leg Light-Ups look great on the game. Check out my topic.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-led-leg-light-ups

#5766 7 years ago

I purchased a DE Star Trek a couple of weeks ago. It was dingy and neglected, buy not abused. I fixed a number of burned connectors (GI!), replaced locked transistors in the lamp matrix and scrubbed it up. I also removed the 27 ohm cement resistors in the lamp matrix on the MPU and swapped the TIP42s for MOSFETs (Very simple. Pinwiki shows how).

I just completed a shop-out that included LEDs and flame-polishing of the ramps. It turned out better than I would have expected. Next will be installation of coax speakers in the head and an 8 inch sub in the cabinet. I have done sound upgrades to several DEs with stereo sound. It is simple, cheap and the results are outstanding. Here's a link to my BF sound upgrade:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suppose-we-flipbatman-forever-club/page/10#post-3505929

IMG_1831 (resized).JPGIMG_1831 (resized).JPG

IMG_1833 (resized).JPGIMG_1833 (resized).JPG

IMG_1834 (resized).JPGIMG_1834 (resized).JPG

IMG_1837 (resized).JPGIMG_1837 (resized).JPG

IMG_1845 (resized).JPGIMG_1845 (resized).JPG

#5767 7 years ago
Quoted from FiatsRUs:

I purchased a DE Star Trek a couple of weeks ago. It was dingy and neglected, buy not abused. I fixed a number of burned connectors (GI!), replaced locked transistors in the lamp matrix and scrubbed it up. I also removed the 27 ohm cement resistors in the lamp matrix on the MPU and swapped the TIP42s for MOSFETs (Very simple. Pinwiki shows how).
I just completed a shop-out that included LEDs and flame-polishing of the ramps. It turned out better than I would have expected. Next will be installation of coax speakers in the head and an 8 inch sub in the cabinet. I have done sound upgrades to several DEs with stereo sound. It is simple, cheap and the results are outstanding. Here's a link to my BF sound upgrade:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suppose-we-flipbatman-forever-club/page/10#post-3505929

Oh man is that nice, you got a great deal. Is there any planking on the cab or pf? I zoomed in on your pictures and didn't see any.

#5768 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh man is that nice, you got a great deal. Is there any planking on the cab or pf? I zoomed in on your pictures and didn't see any.

The playfield is all-but perfect and the cabinet is excellent with a little wear (thin paint) on the front corners and a nick or two on the back box. I flame-polished all of the plastic, which is very good except for the girl on the left slingshot that was cracked and glued by the prior owner. The coin door needs to be refinished to complete the cosmetics. The transporter and the chase lights even work as they should!

It must have been in a very smokey bar at one time as it still has a faint smell of smoke, even after I have been over the entire cabinet, playfield and inside the backbox with Simple Green. The fan that was mounted in the backbox (apparently it is stock), was covered in cigarette tar and dirt. It has been removed and tossed.

#5769 7 years ago
Quoted from FiatsRUs:

The playfield is all-but perfect and the cabinet is excellent with a little wear (thin paint) on the front corners and a nick or two on the back box. I flame-polished all of the plastic, which is very good except for the girl on the left slingshot that was cracked and glued by the prior owner. The coin door needs to be refinished to complete the cosmetics. The transporter and the chase lights even work as they should!
It must have been in a very smokey bar at one time as it still has a faint smell of smoke, even after I have been over the entire cabinet, playfield and inside the backbox with Simple Green. The fan that was mounted in the backbox (apparently it is stock), was covered in cigarette tar and dirt. It has been removed and tossed.

WOW your really lucky with that pf, I just love the art on the whole game. Have you tried putting a pan of charcoal in the cab and some in the bb?

#5770 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Have you tried putting a pan of charcoal in the cab and some in the bb?

No, but I'll give that a try. Thanks.

#5771 7 years ago

Here's one for us all-got wondering what the lower settings in game play to my ST/PRe would be like! So,I lowered the game play to ultra easy! Right off the bat funny stuff was happening,with dead flippers at the end of a mode, mode won't change,add a ball happening at weird times! Moved up to easy.same crap! up to medium,problems disappear! 1.13 code! anybody else experience this???

#5772 7 years ago
Quoted from FiatsRUs:

No, but I'll give that a try. Thanks.

Make sure you break up the charcoal into smaller pieces but not into total powder.

#5773 7 years ago

I used some sort of spray from Pinrestore in my RFM that's used to get smoke out

Molecular deodorizer I think it was called

#5774 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Nice to see a fellow countryman with a star trek! Mines a pro. Based near oxford. This is a good list. I have a bunch of mods can send pics if interested.
Bird of prey
Mezel explosion mod
Mirror blades
Trough light kit
Alt translite
Full cliffy's set
Warp ramp light diffuser
I'm sure there's a few more... oh the biggie is dialing in the warp ramp- consistent now every time

http://pinball-mods.com/blogs/?p=549

#5775 7 years ago

Does anyone have apron cards with Star Trek 25th artwork they would be willing to share?

#5776 7 years ago

I've been getting back into my Star Trek Pro lately after taking a break. I finally (hopefully) have gotten the warp ramp back to giving me a consistent flow. What a difference that makes! I think it is critical to the game to get that dialed in properly. For those still having problems after making numerous adjustments, try applying some sticky felt as indicated in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-pro-warp-ramp-adjusting-fail

#5777 7 years ago

Been loving out ST Pro for about a month now. Whatta great playing game and it's been an absolute joy to mod!

I still have mirror blades and a ColorDMD to install which will happen either today or next weekend.

0212171046 (resized).jpg0212171046 (resized).jpg

0212171535b (resized).jpg0212171535b (resized).jpg

0212172000 (resized).jpg0212172000 (resized).jpg

0212172037 (resized).jpg0212172037 (resized).jpg

0225171341a (resized).jpg0225171341a (resized).jpg

0226171033_HDR (resized).jpg0226171033_HDR (resized).jpg

0226171033a_HDR (resized).jpg0226171033a_HDR (resized).jpg

0226171034 (resized).jpg0226171034 (resized).jpg

0226171144_HDR (resized).jpg0226171144_HDR (resized).jpg

0226171143_HDR (resized).jpg0226171143_HDR (resized).jpg

#5778 7 years ago
Quoted from FiatsRUs:

Does anyone have apron cards with Star Trek 25th artwork they would be willing to share?

None?

#5779 7 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Been loving out ST Pro for about a month now. Whatta great playing game and it's been an absolute joy to mod!
I still have mirror blades and a ColorDMD to install which will happen either today or next weekend.

I put mirror blades on mine, and new translite amongst many other things. Looks awesome!

20170204_152544 (resized).jpg20170204_152544 (resized).jpg

#5780 7 years ago
Quoted from Bruce:

I put mirror blades on mine, and new translite amongst many other things. Looks awesome!

Mirrors look great on this game.

#5781 7 years ago
Quoted from Bruce:

Did the same as well! I even got the LE stainless steel speaker panel for my Premium.

IMG_2065 (resized).JPGIMG_2065 (resized).JPG

IMG_2122 (resized).JPGIMG_2122 (resized).JPG

#5782 7 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Did the same as well! I even got the LE stainless steel speaker panel for my Premium.

Looks great!

I'm thinking of buying the speaker light kits soon. And have the vengeance interactive led mod on order from @beatmaster

Recently added kbop and trough lighting kit from mezel mods. And cliffy's everywhere.

Thinking of getting a shaker motor also. What a great game to mod.

20170217_184830 (resized).jpg20170217_184830 (resized).jpg

#5783 7 years ago
Quoted from Bruce:

Looks great!
I'm thinking of buying the speaker light kits soon. And have the vengeance interactive led mod on order from beatmaster
Recently added kbop and trough lighting kit from mezel mods. And cliffy's everywhere.

Shaker is definitely worth it for this game.

#5784 7 years ago
Quoted from Bruce:

Looks great!
I'm thinking of buying the speaker light kits soon. And have the vengeance interactive led mod on order from beatmaster

That's a good list. I have everything there and I can tell you they're all worth it. I held off on the shaker until recently thinking it wasn't really necessary. I was wrong. I can't imagine playing without it now.
It is a great game to mod.

#5785 7 years ago

I put the custom DE 25th Star Trek cards here for you: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-25th-data-east-club

Post 70

#5786 7 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

That's a good list. I have everything there and I can tell you they're all worth it. I held off on the shaker until recently thinking it wasn't really necessary. I was wrong. I can't imagine playing without it now.
It is a great game to mod.

Odd question but when does the skaker...shake?? I am strongly considering it but its the sort of thing that i don't know i'm missing.....as have never experienced it

#5787 7 years ago

steel looks always great

here is a Picture of MY PREM

#5788 7 years ago
Quoted from Bruce:

Looks great!

If your interested my LED Leg Light-Ups in blue look great on ST Pro. PM me if your interested.

#5789 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I put the custom DE 25th Star Trek cards here for you: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-25th-data-east-club
Post 70

Thanks!

#5790 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

steel looks always great
here is a Picture of MY PREM

Nice lighting effect on the translite there. Where did you get the speaker panel? Looks interesting...never seen that before.

#5791 7 years ago
Quoted from Bruce:

Odd question but when does the skaker...shake?? I am strongly considering it but its the sort of thing that i don't know i'm missing.....as have never experienced it

You can adjust that in the settings. Not how much it shakes when it's on but rather how often it is used during gameplay. I keep mine on "maximal" use for ST.

#5792 7 years ago
Quoted from Bruce:

For sure it shakes when you hit the vengeance target, ball locks, and for Klingon multi-ball it feels like my whole room is vibrating. I love mine, these machines are easy to add a shaker as the holes are already there for them.

#5793 7 years ago

Anyone else not happy with the look of the Hotwheels BoP toy and paint theirs?

Or am I the only one? Lol.

I just think the green/camo color looks out of place on the playfield. I'm happy with how it turned out. Now I just have to install Zitts wing LED mod and I'm set.

IMG_2126 (resized).JPGIMG_2126 (resized).JPG

IMG_2127 (resized).JPGIMG_2127 (resized).JPG

#5794 7 years ago
Quoted from Bruce:

It gives a nice low rumble for each made shot, and goes crazy for Klingon MB. Having had it, I can't imagine the game without.

#5795 7 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Anyone else not happy with the look of the Hotwheels BoP toy and paint theirs?
Or am I the only one? Lol.
I just think the green/camo color looks out of place on the playfield. I'm happy with how it turned out. Now I just have to install Zitts wing LED mod and I'm set.

That looks awesome! I had considered painting as I had the first initial thought about the camo appearance, however when installed in the game and mostly lit from gi underneath I'm happy with it. Got to say though I would consider painting it in the future. Did you use standard modelling paint?

#5796 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

It gives a nice low rumble for each made shot, and goes crazy for Klingon MB. Having had it, I can't imagine the game without.

Excellent I'm fitting mine this weekend - will report back. What do you say to these scare mongers I've come across saying shakers are bad news as it loosens stuff on bottom of playfield with constant shaking? I don't believe it, interested to see if you've experienced any negative effects at all.

Way I see it pinballs are built tough and are intended to be nudged around, shaken etc. I mean they have pre drilled holes for them and code, plug in, even the LE models come with them so they must be fine!

#5797 7 years ago
Quoted from Bruce:

Excellent I'm fitting mine this weekend - will report back. What do you say to these scare mongers I've come across saying shakers are bad news as it loosens stuff on bottom of playfield with constant shaking? I don't believe it, interested to see if you've experienced any negative effects at all.
Way I see it pinballs are built tough and are intended to be nudged around, shaken etc. I mean they have pre drilled holes for them and code, plug in, even the LE models come with them so they must be fine!

No, that's nonsense. I wouldn't worry about the shaker for those reasons. I will say that it rattled my glass pretty fiercely when I first got it. I had to add tape to the glass to give it a tighter fit in the rails and tamp down the shake from the shaker a bit. But that's all stuff that people are used to dialing in.

#5798 7 years ago
Quoted from Bruce:

That looks awesome! I had considered painting as I had the first initial thought about the camo appearance, however when installed in the game and mostly lit from gi underneath I'm happy with it. Got to say though I would consider painting it in the future. Did you use standard modelling paint?

Thanks! I just bought some "dark steel" spray paint at Home Depot and a mat clear coat.

#5799 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

No, that's nonsense. I wouldn't worry about the shaker for those reasons. I will say that it rattled my glass pretty fiercely when I first got it. I had to add tape to the glass to give it a tighter fit in the rails and tamp down the shake from the shaker a bit. But that's all stuff that people are used to dialing in.

Thanks, good to hear. So do you add electrical tape to the edges of the playfield glass? I assume there aren't issues with the translite glass rattling.

What is tamping down the shake? lol

#5800 7 years ago

Bruce, I think it's best you install it and see for yourself before planning anything. I don't have any issues with regards to parts of the cab rattling and you may not either.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 10.00
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
$ 49.99
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winter Garden, FL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 10,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/116?hl=fiatsrus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.