Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
DSCN3233 (resized).JPG

There are 10,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 216.
#5651 7 years ago

Quick question for Star Trek Pro owners:

Do the ramps drop the ball above the in-lane switches, or right on them? I just ordered one and would like to buy the appropriate Cliffys in advance.

#5652 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Do the ramps drop the ball above the in-lane switches, or right on them? I just ordered one and would like to buy the appropriate Cliffys in advance.

On.

#5653 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Right on them and they take a beating. I also delayed getting the ramp protectors and ended up breaking a piece off the Alpha ramp.

I since ordered the Cliffy stuff and problem solved. Fortunately the ramp protector covered the breakage. It was a tight fit and took some bending but pleased with the result.

#5654 7 years ago

I just realized after all the ghosting talk on GB that one of my Mission inserts ghosted when nearly new. That was NIB Pro about 14 months ago and I have just under 3000 plays on it.

It never got worse and is the only one. PF looks awesome otherwise, though I regularly clean and have waxed it three times.

#5655 7 years ago

Just put my HUO STLE # 248 with mods up for sale. You will not find a nicer one and it is priced right at $7,700 Located in Reno, NV

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/41488

#5656 7 years ago

Picked up some cool key chains for my pins. Here is Star Trek!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#5658 7 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Picked up some cool key chains for my pins. Here is Star Trek!

You must have kids.

#5659 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You must have kids.

Yup

#5660 7 years ago

Not yet a member but close with an acquisition of STTNG pending. Was looking for thoughts on best mods since I like modding them as much as playing. Thanks for any feedback!

#5661 7 years ago
Quoted from eyeguypec:

Not yet a member but close with an acquisition of STTNG pending. Was looking for thoughts on best mods since I like modding them as much as playing. Thanks for any feedback!

Check out my mod, the link is next to my avatar.

#5662 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Check out my mod, the link is next to my avatar.

They look wicked on st pro. Lights up the faces nicely. They'll be going on my xmas wish list for my wife for sure. Along with the vengeance mod and warp ramp lights.

#5663 7 years ago

Don't forget his shooter light up mod too.

#5664 7 years ago

Price on my STLE #248 has been lowered to $7,500. You will not find a nicer example with all the mods at this price.

Steal it while you can

#5665 7 years ago
Quoted from Viperbsd:

Price on my STLE #248 has been lowered to $7,500. You will not find a nicer example with all the mods at this price.
Steal it while you can

Oh man...I wish. I've always wanted an LE.

#5666 7 years ago

Sttng. An Someone tell me the screw size I need for the 2 screws that go on the bumper cap.

#5667 7 years ago

Finally in. What an absurdly fun and fast game!!!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#5668 7 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Finally in. What an absurdly fun and fast game!!!

and an LE too....you lucky dog. I'm jealous. The ST LE is what ALL LE's should be like.

#5669 7 years ago

Can anyone help me on some quirky Star Trek Next Gen behaviour.

Does the game do (occasional?) 2 times top drop target release pulses on plunge at start of ball? I have been working on faulty drop target assembly. But everything works now. Mechanically, both coils and switch. Yet it still seems like the game is double firing the coil as if it is not capable of reading the state.

#5670 7 years ago

Did you check the assembly visually?
Check to make sure the "ledge" the drop catches on it's broken.
It's possible that the ledge is broken and it misses that ledge.
Also check to make sure the assembly is secure to the PF.

#5671 7 years ago

Everything is super tuned up. And I even did a factory reset of the game to make sure that any residual switch stats handling would still be in play (by design or by a bug). Very curious about this. And if the game is not supposed to do this, I will investigate this till I find an answer.

#5672 7 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Can anyone help me on some quirky Star Trek Next Gen behaviour.
Does the game do (occasional?) 2 times top drop target release pulses on plunge at start of ball? I have been working on faulty drop target assembly. But everything works now. Mechanically, both coils and switch. Yet it still seems like the game is double firing the coil as if it is not capable of reading the state.

I cannot speak to your Star trek, but my Ghostbusters had issues with the drop target double firing. On mine, the drop targets have an optical switch (a little circuit board) that was bad and needed a replacement.

#5673 7 years ago

Any tips for replacing the back vengeance opto? Looks like mine needs replacing. It's triggering randomly and on vibrations. I had the same problem with a ramp opto before. The ramp opto was a pain to get to but the vengeance looks even more difficult. I tried taking the vengeance a part once before to replace a rubber but could not figure out how.

1 week later
#5674 7 years ago

(In Patrick Stewart's voice) Everyone. I have returned. The Captain as you once knew me. You must wonder what squires have consumed me? I was buried deep within these years. I was pulled away by four lights. I return while fulfilling what has never been nurtured: the potential to make yourself a better man. That is what it is to be human. To make yourself more than you are.

I am proud, I am impressed. You all continued the voyage while maintaining the prime directive.......... Pinball.

I am back! (resized).jpgI am back! (resized).jpg

#5675 7 years ago

Welcome and Happy Holidays:

image1 (resized).JPGimage1 (resized).JPG

#5676 7 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Welcome and Happy Holidays:

Thank you, I hope you have a wonderful time. I best find myself enjoying the lights as well...

sitback (resized).jpgsitback (resized).jpg

#5677 7 years ago

Glad to see our leader has returned!

#5678 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Glad to see our leader has returned!

Picard_experiencing_temporal_narcosis (resized).jpgPicard_experiencing_temporal_narcosis (resized).jpg

#5679 7 years ago

You have got to see this!

#5680 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

You have got to see this!

I play it every year.

#5681 7 years ago

not sure if this interests anyone but I'm posting it as an FYI

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/jgto/

2 weeks later
#5682 7 years ago

I'm very excited to have joined the club with a Bally!

#5683 7 years ago
Quoted from polyacanthus:

I'm very excited to have joined the club with a Bally!

Pics or it didn't happen.

#5684 7 years ago

Just got this for Christmas! My wife loves me!

2017-01-07 19.44.31 (resized).jpg2017-01-07 19.44.31 (resized).jpg

#5685 7 years ago
Quoted from Aesculapius:

Just got this for Christmas! My wife loves me!

Hey Welcome, your first post too. Looks like you've got 2 keepers....wife AND pin.

#5686 7 years ago

She loves you... right now... but she opened pandora's box... Pins are like Lays Chips... you can't have just one.

Get some MODS on that thing STAT... >Shameless plug<

#5687 7 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Pics or it didn't happen.

I was so excited I forgot to get playfield pics before I stripped it for cleaning!

IMG_20161230_214616523 (resized).jpgIMG_20161230_214616523 (resized).jpg

IMG_20161230_194103080~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20161230_194103080~2 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#5688 7 years ago

So I just had an awesome game on STLE. I believe I had earned a silver medal in 5 missions.
Last mission was space jump. After making 1 shot away team was lit. I hit away team and the vengeance ship was available. I hit it and it awards me a silver medal and kills the mode. With 40+ seconds left.
Kobayashi maru is lit.
I'm on warp 9 so I hit 9.1 to activate double scoring and then hit vengeance again.
It counts 5 bronze medals, a full set of 6 silvers and 2 golds.

Why didn't I have a set of bronze? Did away team someone make me skip over them?

Is there really no rulesheet for stern star trek?

#5689 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

So I just had an awesome game on STLE. I believe I had earned a silver medal in 5 missions.
Last mission was space jump. After making 1 shot away team was lit. I hit away team and the vengeance ship was available. I hit it and it awards me a silver medal and kills the mode. With 40+ seconds left.
Kobayashi maru is lit.
I'm on warp 9 so I hit 9.1 to activate double scoring and then hit vengeance again.
It counts 5 bronze medals, a full set of 6 silvers and 2 golds.
Why didn't I have a set of bronze? Did away team someone make me skip over them?
Is there really no rulesheet for stern star trek?

not sure, never seen that glitch if it is a glitch. did you play any level 2 or 3 missions? Cause you can get a full set of bronze then a second set will start counting up before it counts silvers.

#5690 7 years ago

Does anyone know if they make ramp protectors for BOTH sides of the Delta ramp on STTNG? I see they have one for one side but not the other. My ramp is broken on the right side of the entrance.

#5691 7 years ago

If you start Away Team during Space Jump before earning a bronze medal, it will award you a silver only. I'm not sure if that is really a glitch because it's a one shot mode.

#5692 7 years ago

I have STLE but feel like I don't really grasp all the rules, is there a written rule sheet for this game?

#5693 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I have STLE but feel like I don't really grasp all the rules, is there a written rule sheet for this game?

Not really. You can check out the thread, Star Trek rules for the average player

#5694 7 years ago

Not really. Check out the thread, star trek strategies for the average player

#5695 7 years ago

Basic rules are pretty easy. There are 9 modes, each with 3 levels. Thus there are 27 total. Completing all three levels for a mode gives you a specific ramp doubler. Completing all modes in one level gives you a wizard mode. Completing 3 modes in a row gives you super spinner, super ramps, or super pops. Modes are played by basically hitting lit shots. Shots flashing or strobing different colors are worth more or advance your medals. Medals are rewarded for how well you play the modes and you get points for all medals at the start of the wizard modes. Away Team is lit after the first shot on level one modes. It's an alternative way to play the modes and better points. Starting another mode by hitting under the upper flipper or the left scoop.

There are three vengeance modes that you progress through by hitting the drop target or using the lock bar button when the yellow inserts in the middle of the playfield are lit. All vengeance modes are pretty much hit the vengeance up the middle. The second is a hurry up and you earn an extra ball for completing. The last is good for points where you get 10% of your score for completing.

Locks get you to Klingon Multiball. It's pretty much hit every shot twice. Always try to play this mb and vengeance mb with another mode.

Warp shots are very useful. You can earn extra balls and get 2x playfield for warp 9.1 and 9.9. That's can be huge points when cashing in medals at the start of a wizard mode. Warp 9.9 also kicks out an extra ball in play. Combos are also useful for points. Hitting a shot on a combo gives you 2x on that shot. That can be pretty huge on things like the final shot on vengeance 3. Mix that with a 2x playfield and you get 4x for a shot!

There are several skill shots. Hold down the right flipper and hard plunge. The ball should go all the way up and back down to the upper flipper. Hitting the warp shots gives you a nice score but you also get awarded the right orbit shot if lit on a mode. Holding down the left flipper lets the ball come all the around and lights either the vengeance or the right ramp for the skill shot. You can do both skill shots during a ball. I like to save the left flipper skill shot for when I need the ball quickly to the flippers for a timed shot that is about to run out.

#5696 7 years ago

After finding a HUO STLE and the seller letting me down last minute, I was insanely lucky to find a NIB STLE, finally got it home, very happy to be in the club love the game and love the LE one or Sterns absolute best LE packages.

IMG_0577 (resized).JPGIMG_0577 (resized).JPG

#5697 7 years ago

Dang a NIB STLE in London
What did that set you back??

#5698 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

After finding a HUO STLE and the seller letting me down last minute, I was insanely lucky to find a NIB STLE, finally got it home, very happy to be in the club love the game and love the LE one or Sterns absolute best LE packages.

Congrats! Slap on a blackout mod, blue DMD and enjoy!!! It's a fabulous game.

#5699 7 years ago

Dang a NIB STLE in London
What did that set you back??

£500 more than a NIB premium & £300 more than the HUO STLE I was going to buy before the seller went back on sale, got a great deal which made me pretty happy in the end. Game is superb played the pro a lot and loved it and just the look of the LE made it worth the jump over the premium. Real happy to be in the club!

#5700 7 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Congrats! Slap on a blackout mod, blue DMD and enjoy!!! It's a fabulous game.

Which blackout Mine or the original?
I'd have to disagree about the Blue DMD... I prefer the ColorDMD myself... If the color dots ever come.

Reminder to check out the Star Trek Mods thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-comprehensive-mod-list

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Toys/Add-ons
There are 10,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/114 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.