Topic Stats

• 7,734 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Irishbastard
  • Topic is favorited by 283 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,329 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ED17AC94-E6EA-45CD-A201-2174C995B547 (resized).jpeg
008B20A7-6FC2-4C75-B5EB-A4BBEDEF1B5B (resized).jpeg
A555F66F-8C0E-4462-BA73-7EA0AB7D30CA (resized).jpeg
Star Trek.jpg
Star Trek 3.jpg
Star Trek 2.jpg
ST (resized).jpg
SternSTOutholeMylar (resized).png
P_20190720_203216 (resized).jpg
BackboxAmpSchematicMonoOutputSeriesTarget (resized).jpg
D3B4298F-6B73-4E93-A4A4-7C053D2D5902 (resized).jpeg
64926AAA-D9CA-4294-A474-EEFBE8C41943 (resized).jpeg
C4E7B56C-949D-4A42-AD5E-FFD03B2B6205 (resized).jpeg
PolarityCheck (resized).jpg
52516693-2F96-489C-99E9-CAAD8A0D80F7.gif
Screenshot_20190620-162458_Chrome.jpg

There are 7734 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 155.
#5601 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Dang Razor I'm getting in the habit of thanking you.. Again very helpful info!
Thanks

Just paying it forward.

Welcome to the STLE club!

#5602 2 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

My Vengeance never kicks to drain. What angers me is the Start Mission lock releasing the ball, hitting the left sling, and bouncing straight to the right outlane drain. This happens a LOT on my pro.

Try adjusting the power of the coil in the menu. I had the same issue with my pro. Mine still gets a bad eject now and then after lowering the power but still better.

I love the Vengeance modes. I don't think the risk is any higher than going for any other shot. Going for the stand up targets in Nero away team is much more dangerous. Getting the extra ball from Vengeance2 is a great reward. Finishing Vengeance3 can be a huge payoff if you have a big score and have multipliers in effect. Vengeance3 is actually one of my favorite modes in pinball. When you start to think about how many points that one shot is and if you can just get it on a combo, with a warp multiplier, and then you drain. Khaaaaaan!

#5603 2 years ago

WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRAIL PIN ACQUIRED!!!!!! Haven't had a chance to really dig in or start cleaning, but it flips and boards all look great. I know it has issues with the trough optos. This is my first DMD, so it'll be a great learning experience. LLAP.20161007_165616_resized (resized).jpg20161007_165551_resized (resized).jpg

#5604 2 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRAIL PIN ACQUIRED!!!!!! Haven't had a chance to really dig in or start cleaning, but it flips and boards all look great. I know it has issues with the trough optos. This is my first DMD, so it'll be a great learning experience. LLAP.

Your on a ST roll.

#5605 2 years ago

Okay so here's where I'm at with STTNG. On game start, the kickout assembly kicks out multiple balls and then begins firing. All of the trough optos and receivers appear to be working correctly. It's like the game doesn't know how many balls are in play. Are there other places I should be looking? The cannons are also unable to find the "home" position. Even after disabling them, they still move back and forth and kick like there is a ball in them. This is my first DMD, so any advise helps.

Thanks!

#5606 2 years ago

Now it seems like all of the switches and optos under the playfield aren't working. The trough will make the sound when the light beam is broken, but the optos in the subway and the cannons do nothing. I checked them with a camera and the light is definitely emitting. I find it hard to believe all of those receivers went bad.

#5607 2 years ago

Got my decals delivered today from Retro Refurbs. Very, very impressed after getting my other decals from them so I bought STTNG:

30037321352_6708c8beb9_k (resized).jpg
29855936990_8b98c3981c_k (resized).jpg
30116512446_1dc03b7284_k (resized).jpg

1 week later
#5608 2 years ago

I'm in the club with this NIB.

Was pleasantly surprised to see the game already had mylar where I'd want it - ball drops, vengeance target, warp exit. Also had super bands post rubber installed in the high impact areas.

ST (resized).jpg

#5609 2 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

I'm in the club with this NIB.
Was pleasantly surprised to see the game already had mylar where I'd want it - ball drops, vengeance target, warp exit. Also had super bands post rubber installed in the high impact areas.

Welcome to the club, I have a Pro too.

#5610 2 years ago

Has anyone installed the LED lighting mod on the saucer of the Vengeance and then had an issue when the ship is defeated it won't reset (stays crashed) if I pull the glass and give the ship a small nudge it goes back into its regular position. I was thinking maybe the lighted disk that was installed added a bit of weight and is making the ship nose heavy.

#5611 2 years ago

Has anyone installed the LED lighting mod on the saucer of the Vengeance and then had an issue when the ship is defeated it won't reset (stays crashed) if I pull the glass and give the ship a small nudge it goes back into its regular position. I was thinking maybe the lighted disk that was installed added a bit of weight and is making the ship nose heavy.

No problems at all with mine

#5612 2 years ago

None with mine but it was a bit offset afterwards. I went back over it and the wiring was pulling just a little. Readjusted where the new harness ran and all good. Check your wiring for fouling/catching a little.
It's a great mod though isn't it. Love mine. I J ust bought the blackout mod but no time lately to fit it.

#5613 2 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

None with mine but it was a bit offset afterwards. I went back over it and the wiring was pulling just a little. Readjusted where the new harness ran and all good. Check your wiring for fouling/catching a little.
It's a great mod though isn't it. Love mine. I J ust bought the blackout mod but no time lately to fit it.

I adjusted the cable routing and the vengeance works 100% thanks guys.

#5614 2 years ago

Anyone know where I can grab one side head decal for a ST Pro?

#5615 2 years ago

Can someone please help me with making/printing a set of Star Trek instruction cards. The 2 links are listed below. I do not have a quality printer for the job. If someone can make them for me and laminate them I will gladly pay you for your time and effort.
Thank you for any help.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/227626/Shared/StarTrek/Star-Trek-Card-1.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/227626/Shared/StarTrek/Star-Trek-Card-2.jpg

#5616 2 years ago

I have success having mine printed at a local office store, Staples or Office Depot. Inexpensive for a 1 or 2 page job, and you can take them the images on a USB memory stick. They have different card stock/paper options, and paper cutters available to use to trim them down. I chose heavy weight glossy paper, and did not laminate them.

#5617 2 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

Can someone please help me with making/printing a set of Star Trek instruction cards. The 2 links are listed below. I do not have a quality printer for the job. If someone can make them for me and laminate them I will gladly pay you for your time and effort.
Thank you for any help.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/227626/Shared/StarTrek/Star-Trek-Card-1.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/227626/Shared/StarTrek/Star-Trek-Card-2.jpg

Regular 4x6 photo paper with inkjet printer. Insert them into Microsoft Word and adjust the picture size to 3" x 5.5", print, and I use my wife's scrapbook photo scissor chopper to trim the white space

1 week later
#5618 2 years ago

Found a new bug which I posted here : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-v161-bugs/page/7#post-3435099

Video of the bug / issue : https://vid.me/m1tK

The score was pretty low just so I could get to Nero 2 as quick as possible

#5619 2 years ago

Well I guess I'll give everyone the rundown on my Bally Star Trek. I'm a huge Trekkie and started my quest earlier this summer to locate and collect all 4 Star Trek pins. Not having any luck here in the Birmingham area on Craigslist, I started expanding my search to other places in Alabama. While searching on Mobile Craigslist, I happened to find a newly-placed ad for a nice looking POTC in the "Nearby Places" section located in New Orleans. In the corner of the picture of the ad I spotted the all-too-familiar blue backbox. I reached out to the seller who informed me she was looking to sell the Star Trek but hadn't settled on the price yet. She then sent these pictures:

13453703_10206600015575370_1665666233_n (resized).jpg13459685_10206600015735374_1188781599_n (resized).jpg13444274_10206600015775375_1496479228_n (resized).jpg13435651_10206600015495368_776359605_n (resized).jpg

Crappy pics, but it was all she had. I could tell that it was in pretty decent condition. She told me the price and I almost fell out of my chair. I knew there would never be another find like this one. Luckily, my friends and I were going to New Orleans a couple of weeks later for my bachelor party! OH NO! We booked a train! (Who the hell does that? We did it for the experience. It was a blast and I would highly recommend it, actually.) I asked the seller on a Thursday if she would be willing to hold it for a couple of months. She said she needed to sell quickly, and I knew it would be gone if I didn't get it right then.

I explained to my fiance (now wife) how this was a rare opportunity and asked if she felt like spending the weekend in the city. Sure enough, because she's awesome, we packed up and headed down to NOLA. We booked a room and met up with the seller Saturday morning. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. The thing was beautiful - the nicest example I have ever seen unrestored. Playfield looked NOS, backglass was perfect, cab was solid with minimal scratching and fading, boards looked solid with no hacks, and everything was in the right place. I just ordered some repro plastics this morning. When those go on she'll be ready to be enjoyed by many for years to come.

Here she is as of yesterday:

20161027_212552 (resized).jpg
20161027_212537 (resized).jpg

Sometimes things just work out perfectly. It was a lot of travelling over those couple of weekends, but well worth the effort. Everyone ended up surviving the bachelor party weekend - albeit with some pretty severe hangovers. For those of you who are curious, I did end up lucking into an incredible deal on a STTNG right in my backyard earlier last month. It's in great shape too. Needs a good shop job and a few minor repairs, but I'm really enjoying it.

20161007_165616_resized (resized).jpg

Live long and prosper.

#5620 2 years ago

JUST JOINED THE CLUB. Game arrived NIB an hour ago, build date is 04-16. This is only my 2nd NIB game from Stern. But I must say the quality of this game seems far superior then the other build. Anyone notice the same thing in quality?

20161104_151002 (resized).jpg

#5621 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

JUST JOINED THE CLUB. Game arrived NIB an hour ago, build date is 04-16. This is only my 2nd NIB game from Stern. But I must say the quality of this game seems far superior then the other build. Anyone notice the same thing in quality?

I have MET pro that was built around the exact same time as your ST, and the build quality is great.

#5622 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Found a new bug which I posted here : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-v161-bugs/page/7#post-3435099
Video of the bug / issue : https://vid.me/m1tK
The score was pretty low just so I could get to Nero 2 as quick as possible

Not a new Bug , just never noticed it. Oops

Quoted from newpinbin:JUST JOINED THE CLUB. Game arrived NIB an hour ago, build date is 04-16. This is only my 2nd NIB game from Stern.

I must admit the premium is an amazing looking game especially the laser lightshow during klingon multiball but the pro is still an awesome game with flow. Can't argue with either choices.

#5623 2 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

I'm a huge Trekkie and started my quest earlier this summer to locate and collect all 4 Star Trek pins.

Sorry, There are 5 Star_Trek pins.
Good luck with your search for the last one.

#5624 2 years ago

Love my star trek Pro!

ST (resized).jpg

#5625 2 years ago

Loving My STLE (just installed Zitt pop caps) now just need color code to go with my color DMD.. gotta love a shiny chrome coin door

IMG_4233 (resized).JPG

IMG_4234 (resized).JPG

#5626 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Sorry, There are 5 Star_Trek pins.

Ha! If one of those Gottlieb ones pops up I'll definitely jump on it, but I don't think I'll go out of my way to find one until I have all of the others.

#5627 2 years ago

Don't bother to go out of your way,the ST Mirror Universe,is a very rare pin! Mr Zitt,I believe ,has the only restored,working one!And also,the Data East pins are getting harder to find in any good condition!!

#5628 2 years ago

Have about 25 plays now on mine and there are dimples everywhere. Anyone else experience this on their ST?

#5629 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Have about 25 plays now on mine and there are dimples everywhere. Anyone else experience this on their ST?

Happens on all new games. Completely normal.

#5631 2 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Well I guess I'll give everyone the rundown on my Bally Star Trek. I'm a huge Trekkie and started my quest earlier this summer to locate and collect all 4 Star Trek pins. Not having any luck here in the Birmingham area on Craigslist, I started expanding my search to other places in Alabama. While searching on Mobile Craigslist, I happened to find a newly-placed ad for a nice looking POTC in the "Nearby Places" section located in New Orleans. In the corner of the picture of the ad I spotted the all-too-familiar blue backbox. I reached out to the seller who informed me she was looking to sell the Star Trek but hadn't settled on the price yet. She then sent these pictures:

Crappy pics, but it was all she had. I could tell that it was in pretty decent condition. She told me the price and I almost fell out of my chair. I knew there would never be another find like this one. Luckily, my friends and I were going to New Orleans a couple of weeks later for my bachelor party! OH NO! We booked a train! (Who the hell does that? We did it for the experience. It was a blast and I would highly recommend it, actually.) I asked the seller on a Thursday if she would be willing to hold it for a couple of months. She said she needed to sell quickly, and I knew it would be gone if I didn't get it right then.
I explained to my fiance (now wife) how this was a rare opportunity and asked if she felt like spending the weekend in the city. Sure enough, because she's awesome, we packed up and headed down to NOLA. We booked a room and met up with the seller Saturday morning. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. The thing was beautiful - the nicest example I have ever seen unrestored. Playfield looked NOS, backglass was perfect, cab was solid with minimal scratching and fading, boards looked solid with no hacks, and everything was in the right place. I just ordered some repro plastics this morning. When those go on she'll be ready to be enjoyed by many for years to come.
Here she is as of yesterday:

Sometimes things just work out perfectly. It was a lot of travelling over those couple of weekends, but well worth the effort. Everyone ended up surviving the bachelor party weekend - albeit with some pretty severe hangovers. For those of you who are curious, I did end up lucking into an incredible deal on a STTNG right in my backyard earlier last month. It's in great shape too. Needs a good shop job and a few minor repairs, but I'm really enjoying it.

Live long and prosper.

SCORE!!!

#5632 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

If you want to stop the dimples get a pf protector. Lots of good talk about them.

#5633 2 years ago

FYI Roddenberry is doing a sale on some Star trek stuff:
https://shop.roddenberry.com/collections/holiday-gift-ideas

This
Star Trek 2009 3D Lenticular Print
might look good as framed Art near a Stern Star Trek.

#5634 2 years ago

The licence has expired! No more Stern Star Treks!
So did ST out sell AC/DC? I read that some where.

Any way.... warp factor 9.

#5635 2 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Didn't know that...Must have got one of the last ones then. I hope mine does not have any playfield issues.

#5636 2 years ago

I'm in the club and love my st pro. I saw a commercial for these and I'm ordering a couple. NOt sure where I'll use them yet. Was maybe thinking it would make a cool spinner? Also with the new movie coming out looking forward to roaming the toy section looking for a cool toy I can mod in

152202_rev-570 (resized).png

#5637 2 years ago

Anyone have a link to the rules of this game?

#5638 2 years ago

which game? There are 5 Star trek pinball machines

#5639 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Anyone have a link to the rules of this game?

Not really the full rules, but lots of good explanation and tips here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-strategies-for-the-average-player

#5640 2 years ago

Stern 2013

#5641 2 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Really? Does Stern post this info or does one learn from a distributor?

As far as out selling AC/DC, I see Star Treks everywhere and only a few AC/DC's on route but its all speculation on sales data

#5642 2 years ago

It doesn't happen all the time but I've been noticing that the away team (gat) under right flipper doesn't always register that I hit it to start a new mission and just fires it back into the bumpers. IS this normal or should I be looking for something? I'm 270 plays on code 1.61 and approximately 400 plays total on machine.

#5643 2 years ago

Well that depends, is your current mode complete and the Away Mission light lit when you hit the ball in there? It is normal if the mode isn't complete, it will just fire it to let you finish the current mode. If your current mode is complete and it's ready to choose your next mode, it should hold the ball in the shooter lane while you choose the next mission.

#5645 2 years ago

Yes it's when you're in between missions that it doesn't register. Usually it lets you choose your next mission when hitting it. I read somewhere that it is a bug with the code. Wondering if anyone has this issue. Only happens about 10 % of time

Quoted from mavantix:

Well that depends, is your current mode complete and the Away Mission light lit when you hit the ball in there? It is normal if the mode isn't complete, it will just fire it to let you finish the current mode. If your current mode is complete and it's ready to choose your next mode, it should hold the ball in the shooter lane while you choose the next mission.

#5646 2 years ago

never had an issue with GAT starting a new mission. Maybe your switch just needs cleaned/adjusted to be more sensitive

#5647 2 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Glad to say the family got in before the (manufacturing) lock! Finally set up this beauty last night.
IMG_4111 (resized).JPG

#5648 2 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Really? Does Stern post this info or does one learn from a distributor?
As far as out selling AC/DC, I see Star Treks everywhere and only a few AC/DC's on route but its all speculation on sales data

Stern emailed our distributor saying licence expired and they had sold out their stock from latest run.. so none available from Stern.

#5649 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Glad to say the family got in before the (manufacturing) lock! Finally set up this beauty last night.

Welcome to the club. Hope you are enjoying it

#5650 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Welcome. Nice, in under the wire.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 7734 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 155.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside