PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 217.
#5551 7 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

regarding stern star trek pro
So I've noticed that on the right ramp and right orbit shots the lights under the "combo" insert (the arrow under the insignia insert) are a lot dimmer than the rest of those inserts on my game. I had the playfield up today to do a flipper rebuild and was gonna swap some extra leds into those inserts and noticed that they are circuit board leds... are these replaceable or what is the best way to change these so they match the brightness of the rest of my game? or am i just cursed with dimmer inserts

The solution is to loosen the screws and reposition the LEDs so that they are directly under the hole/plastic. By default they are off-center.

#5553 7 years ago

Yeah I'm pretty bummed about this, but I'd rather have them take a little more time and do it right than rush and put out some shit.

#5554 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

The solution is to loosen the screws and reposition the LEDs so that they are directly under the hole/plastic. By default they are off-center.

cool thanks!

#5555 7 years ago

So now it's $10 a month for an "ad free" version???? NO WAY!!! I'll wait for it to come out on dvd.

#5556 7 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

Sure, please post or pm me. Thanks. It is a bit bright of the room lights are off. Also does somewhat wash out the stock lasers. Thinking I need to upgrade to the bright laser mid

This only works with my PWM Dimmer. To do this; I cut the ground line on his lighting kit (black wire) and left the red + wire connected to the laser motor. I then connected the black wire to Aux PWM channel 4 on J5 of the PWM dimmer. This allows you to control the lighting with a PWM channel in both modes.

The mosFETs on my PWM channel can handle 20VDC; which works for the laser motor. I'll try to confirm the configuration for sure tonight when I get home from work.

I also sell the higher power lasers which work perfectly with the PWM Dimmer. i offer Blue in addition to the Green and Red Lasers offered by others.

#5557 7 years ago

Is there a safe way to start the next mission in Star Trek Pro? I know some people can backhand the 'Away Mission' but I cannot seem to get close to hitting that shot even when barely skimming the sling. Is there a similar technique for the 'Mission Start'?

#5558 7 years ago

I finally got around to stitching together the autographs I got on my STNG translite. I got these autographs over SEVERAL Star Trek conventions. The last one was #STLV50 in Vegas where the wife got Whoopi's autograph and I got Denise Crosby. I know; that neither of these people are featured on the backglass... but for me it's not about being accurate to the glass; just being honored to have the signature.

29690570092_7bcd061f7e[1] (resized).jpg29690570092_7bcd061f7e[1] (resized).jpg
https://www.flickr.com/photos/52968060@N00/29690570092/sizes/l/

I'm not sure who else I'd defiantly get on the glass as I gotten all the "regulars" on the show w/ the exception of polaski.

#5559 7 years ago

Q?
Reginald Barclay?
Miles O'Brien?
Keiko?

#5560 7 years ago

Already there. That's his over the Enterprise in the tractor beam.

Jonathan Del Arco (Hue) is next to the borg face in the top center.

Quoted from investingdad:

Reginald Barclay?
Miles O'Brien?

Good ideas. not sure where to put them tho.

Was she really a regular in STNG? DS9; yeap... but not sure about this show. I stand correct.
I'm not sure I've ever heard of her being at a convention. - now that I think about it... I remember her on stage during a Vegas evening show... so I just have to remember that for the future.

#5561 7 years ago

Also, lots of good Klingon and Romulan regulars. Especially the bug eyed Klingon emperor near the end of the run....cannot think of his name at the moment.

#5562 7 years ago

I'd put Barclay in the transporter beam...

#5563 7 years ago

Gowron was played by Robert O'Reilly.

Also, lots of good Klingon and Romulan regulars. Especially the bug eyed Klingon emperor near the end of the run....cannot think of his name at the moment.

#5564 7 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

Gowron was played by Robert O'Reilly.

Yes, Gowron, thank you. I loved the actor's take on that character. Brilliant portrayal.

#5565 7 years ago

Is the centre target (Vengeance) on Stern Star Trek meant to give you a momentary ball save when you hit it?

My ball save insert light flashes when I hit, but I've never been awarded a ball save when it shoots back STDM or cannons straight down the right outlane.

'Feature' that's supposed to be there and isn't? It would make sense that there was one, and the light indicates there is, but never got it.

#5566 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Is the centre target (Vengeance) on Stern Star Trek meant to give you a momentary ball save when you hit it?
My ball save insert light flashes when I hit, but I've never been awarded a ball save when it shoots back STDM or cannons straight down the right outlane.
'Feature' that's supposed to be there and isn't? It would make sense that there was one, and the light indicates there is, but never got it.

Tough to say. Only the programmer could answer I suppose. Hadn't noticed the ball save light flash though, but will keep an eye out for it.

My strategy is usually to backhand the drop from the right as that generally seems to be a safer shot to get control of.

#5567 7 years ago

Ball save insert seems to light as part of the light show. Same thing as the extra ball light.

#5568 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Ball save insert seems to light as part of the light show. Same thing as the extra ball light.

The EB thing only flashes on locking a ball in Vengeance / Multiball / Mini-Wizard start, and as you say is part of a light show.

The insert (and nothing else) just flashes when you smack the target ... it looks to me like it should (or at least did during some stage of development) incorporate a ball save.

#5569 7 years ago

If it was intended to or not, I agree with the current code. Some shots are supposed to be dangerous.

#5570 7 years ago
#5571 7 years ago

Hey all - I am selling my ST Pro, but without the Aurich translite and pinball refinery backbox interactive light show. PM me if interested.

#5572 7 years ago

I just listed my STLE for sale yesterday. The game can be picked up locally, or I can deliver it to Expo next month. Another option if you are in the Midwest is to have Jaybird transport it for you. His prices are very reasonable.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Up for sale is my gorgeous HUO STLE. I will entertain any reasonable offer, and I would also be interested in working out a trade for an MMr. The game is available for local picku...”
2016-09-24
Northbrook, IL
8,500 (OBO)
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 396 times
Contributed to Pinside

#5573 7 years ago

Ehhhh - easily the least-interesting doctor in all of Star Trek canon... I wouldn't be too upset about not having that one. Diana Muldaur was a much better character on TOS.

In terms of more autographs, maybe Armin Shimerman. He had a small part as Quark on TNG.

#5574 7 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Ehhhh - easily the least-interesting doctor in all of Star Trek canon... I wouldn't be too upset about not having that one. Diana Muldaur was a much better character on TOS.

I recently looked her up on IMDB to see what she had been up to. Interestingly, she quit acting back in 1993. Very strange, considering she had been extremely active in TV and film for three decades.

#5576 7 years ago

Diana was suppose to be at #STLV50, but alas; she didn't make it for some reason.

#5577 7 years ago

Two shots.

TWO. FREAKING. SHOTS.

That's how close I was to Five Year Mission.

After fourteen months and 2700 games...two shots.

Noooooooooooo!

#5578 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I just listed my STLE for sale yesterday. The game can be picked up locally, or I can deliver it to Expo next month.

Quoted from gweempose:

My STLE is sold.

ARGHHH! You should have sold it to me!

Oh, wait!

You DID sell it to me! Thanks, Gweem! She's a beauty, and I promise to take good care of her.

#5579 7 years ago

Two shots.
TWO. FREAKING. SHOTS.
Noooooooooooo!

Imagine how pissed you'd have been if you'd got it, and then the game locked up due to the bugged code ...

#5580 7 years ago

Two shots.
TWO. FREAKING. SHOTS.
Noooooooooooo!

Sorry. That sucks. But at least you still have something to strive for.

#5581 7 years ago

Two shots.
TWO. FREAKING. SHOTS.
Noooooooooooo!

Are you drunk?

#5582 7 years ago

before or after his game?

#5583 7 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

before or after his game?

It's a callout by Kirk on drains...

#5584 7 years ago

right...

#5586 7 years ago

So whatever happened to the code update to Stern Star Trek that was supposed to happen last year?

#5587 7 years ago

Well supposedly Lyman & Dwight (and or others) are looking at how to fix some of the many bugs, some of them game breaking (wizard modes or modes in general bugging out) and some of them very annoying (sometimes away team mission start / end shot doesn't start or end the mission and just fires out on Level 1 missions). Even if there are only fixes and no new code, sound or animations, I hope they at least program in some better use of the lights on Premium / LE on the multiball and wizard modes.

I also hope for a momentary ball save on vengeance target (light is already there) .. Vengeance scoring is a useless mode as you almost always want to avoid it (let it time out) due to the very high probability of unsaveable drains.

But of course new code would be nice too. Either way, doubt it happens soon, especially with the license expiration.

#5588 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Well supposedly Lyman & Dwight (and or others) are looking at how to fix some of the many bugs, some of them game breaking (wizard modes or modes in general bugging out) and some of them very annoying (sometimes away team mission start / end shot doesn't start or end the mission and just fires out on Level 1 missions). Even if there are only fixes and no new code, sound or animations, I hope they at least program in some better use of the lights on Premium / LE on the multiball and wizard modes.
I also hope for a momentary ball save on vengeance target (light is already there) .. Vengeance scoring is a useless mode as you almost always want to avoid it (let it time out) due to the very high probability of unsaveable drains.
But of course new code would be nice too. Either way, doubt it happens soon, especially with the license expiration.

I don't have any issue with Vengeance drains. Is your game leveled correctly, especially side-to-side?

#5589 7 years ago

Tech question, I just picked up an STLE (had it shipped to me) the light up side armor isn't working properly (see Pics) it seems like something came unplugged? On the right side of the game in the back of the cab there is a small board that runs to the lighted armor and it appear that the 4 pin plug had something plugged into it (a few of the pins or bent like the plug had been pulled off maybe when the head was folded down. there is a plug with two wires that is a five hole plug shown in the picture by it but The plugs don't match. Can someone take a look at their STLE and tell me if it looks like what is pictured below. Has anyone had their STLE side armor do this? Any ideas/thoughts would be appreciated!

Update: I got home and restarted the game and the rail lights started working. I will keep an eye on it maybe a loose connection or something.. the game sure is a beauty! (See last pic)

IMG_4220 (resized).JPGIMG_4220 (resized).JPG
IMG_4222 (resized).JPGIMG_4222 (resized).JPG

IMG_4239 (resized).JPGIMG_4239 (resized).JPG

#5590 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Vengeance scoring is a useless mode as you almost always want to avoid it (let it time out) due to the very high probability of unsaveable drains.

False. You're most likely going to need that 2nd EB if you want to progress through the game.

Quoted from crwjumper:

I don't have any issue with Vengeance drains. Is your game leveled correctly, especially side-to-side?

This.

When my game is level, a ball falling out of the Vengeance will almost always go to the tip of the right flipper. Vengeance 2 is very beatable on my pin.

#5591 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Probably not. But it fires STDM and to the right outlane. I've had this happen on the ST Pro I've tried as well as my ST Premium, and most that I've spoken to say the same thing happens to them. Some shots are more risky than others, but unless you've found some secret sauce, I don't know how hitting it can be risk free. Risk is fine, but when there's an entire mode (that typically you get to when already some way into the game) based around a very high probability of drains with no momentary save, it seems a bit .... :-/

#5592 7 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

This.
When my game is level, a ball falling out of the Vengeance will almost always go to the tip of the right flipper. Vengeance 2 is very beatable on my pin.

I'm not talking about it releasing a locked ball. To my surprise it has never drained from there.

I'm talking about bashing the drop, or worse in Vengeance Scoring having it fire back like the JP raptor pit and insta-draining ... there's a reason why ChadH added a ball save to the latter.

#5593 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I'm talking about bashing the drop, or worse in Vengeance Scoring having it fire back like the JP raptor pit and insta-draining ... there's a reason why ChadH added a ball save to the latter.

The Vengeance is the superior vessel to the Enterprise. You don't get to just attack it and not have to worry about losing your ship.

#5594 7 years ago

I think the risk / reward of vengeance modes is very awesome

so many times ive been on ball 3 and could either go to my last mission 1 to start Kobyashi Maru or try and get that EB from Vengeance 2 and trying to make those decisions is a thrill when it pays off and when I blow it and drain on Vengeance 2, better luck next time.

#5595 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Tech question, I just picked up an STLE (had it shipped to me) the light up side armor isn't working properly (see Pics) it seems like something came unplugged? On the right side of the game in the back of the cab there is a small board that runs to the lighted armor and it appear that the 4 pin plug had something plugged into it (a few of the pins or bent like the plug had been pulled off maybe when the head was folded down. there is a plug with two wires that is a five hole plug shown in the picture by it but The plugs don't match. Can someone take a look at their STLE and tell me if it looks like what is pictured below. Has anyone had their STLE side armor do this? Any ideas/thoughts would be appreciated!

Concretehardt, that LED board on the right rear of the cabinet looks correctly wired, when compared to the schematic in the manual and my own STLE cabinet (see pics below).

STLE_Cabinet_LED_Wiring (resized).jpgSTLE_Cabinet_LED_Wiring (resized).jpg
STLE_Cabinet_LED_Boards (resized).JPGSTLE_Cabinet_LED_Boards (resized).JPG
STLE_Cabinet_LED_Board_Right (resized).JPGSTLE_Cabinet_LED_Board_Right (resized).JPG
STLE_Cabinet_LED_Board_Left (resized).JPGSTLE_Cabinet_LED_Board_Left (resized).JPG

OTOH, that loose 4-pin connector looks similar to the one that plugs into the top of the DMD inside the backbox. If I unplug that connector on mine, the wires are actually long enough to allow the plug to extend down into the the rear of the cabinet. That's the only other similar connector in that general proximity that I can think of?

STLE_DMD (resized).JPGSTLE_DMD (resized).JPG

Hope this helps.

#5596 7 years ago

I totally agree about the risk / reward choice of Vengeance 2. It is a very dangerous mode. I drain 1/3 of the time, get the extra ball 1/3 of the time, and just fail 1/3 of the time. I love it! The one time I got to EA was because I decided to go for Vengeance 3 and got the extra ball.

#5597 7 years ago

My Vengeance never kicks to drain. What angers me is the Start Mission lock releasing the ball, hitting the left sling, and bouncing straight to the right outlane drain. This happens a LOT on my pro.

I accept the Vengeance risk / reward. Forced fights when the drop target is down and the white light lit and I can't start a new mission until I face Vengeance is also a tough, but correct, implementation.

#5598 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Concretehardt, that LED board on the right rear of the cabinet looks correctly wired, when compared to the schematic in the manual and my own STLE cabinet (see pics below).

OTOH, that loose 4-pin connector looks similar to the one that plugs into the top of the DMD inside the backbox. If I unplug that connector on mine, the wires are actually long enough to allow the plug to extend down into the the rear of the cabinet. That's the only other similar connector in that general proximity that I can think of?

Hope this helps.

Very helpful! I reseated all the connections and everything appears to be working now, so hopefully I'm good. After reading your post I figure that the plug that is hanging down used to go to the DMD, the game has a color DMD in it so I'm guessing that plug isn't used. Now I need to figure out how to turn this sigma color DMD to Blue.

Thanks again!

IMG_4232 (resized).JPGIMG_4232 (resized).JPG

#5599 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Very helpful! I reseated all the connections and everything appears to be working now, so hopefully I'm good. After reading your post I figure that the plug that is hanging down used to go to the DMD, the game has a color DMD in it so I'm guessing that plug isn't used. Now I need to figure out how to turn this sigma color DMD to Blue.
Thanks again!

Congrats! Glad to help.

I have two Color DMDs, and I've always used the customized, multi-colored ROMs programmed for the specific machines, so I don't have any experience with the standard SIGMA ROM, but the menu operation should be similar.

From the Color DMD website...

"How can I change the settings on my ColorDMD display?

ColorDMD controller boards include a simple four-button menu system for changing and saving display settings. The right button is used to enter the menu system. Then left and right buttons move through the adjustable settings which currently include color, display style, backlight, and mounting position. The inner buttons are used to modify settings. The "SAVE AND EXIT" screen allows new settings to be stored to the display."

http://www.colordmd.com/FAQ.html

Color_DMD_Menu_Buttons.jpgColor_DMD_Menu_Buttons.jpg

#5600 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Congrats! Glad to help.
I have two Color DMDs, and I've always used the customized, multi-colored ROMs programmed for the specific machines, so I don't have any experience with the standard SIGMA ROM, but the menu operation should be similar.
From the Color DMD website...
"How can I change the settings on my ColorDMD display?
ColorDMD controller boards include a simple four-button menu system for changing and saving display settings. The right button is used to enter the menu system. Then left and right buttons move through the adjustable settings which currently include color, display style, backlight, and mounting position. The inner buttons are used to modify settings. The "SAVE AND EXIT" screen allows new settings to be stored to the display."
http://www.colordmd.com/FAQ.html

Dang Razor I'm getting in the habit of thanking you.. Again very helpful info!

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

1,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 217.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/112?hl=investingdad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.