Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 216.
#5451 7 years ago
Quoted from rideon67:

Gweem, Mustang, Thx for the suggestions. Checked w/ Marco -- out of stock. Got the game from Trent A. (always VERY helpful) He suggests getting it and the plastic piece I need from Stern.
Ham fisted and 6-32 screws are NOT a good combination and I thought combos were good on ST...........

Dang, another part out of stock, have you tried other vendors. You'd think Stern would have it, it's a fairly new game.

#5452 7 years ago

Where's the Prize??

We had a small family get together this weekend and I invited my five year old nephew to give the pinball a try. It seems most young kids like to do the clapping monkey so I was helping him with the flippers.

Anyway, I was shooting pool with his dad when he came over excitedly to tell me he was getting a prize while pointing back at the Pin.

I was a little confused and had to explain there was no prize, which left him dejected.

A moment later I figured it out...it was the callout he heard...USS Enterprise!

He heard...U...and...Prise...and figured he was in line for a goody.

#5453 7 years ago

I've noticed on my STLE that sometimes the shoot again insert flashes green instead of orange.

Is this a feature of the game or is the RGB led maybe faulty?

#5454 7 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

He heard...U...and...Prise...and figured he was in line for a goody.

Now that's funny.

#5455 7 years ago

Hello,fellow trekkies,a question;the blu led on my ST/pre,Vengeance nacelle went out! Anybody replace this can tell me what kind of led it is,and how to replace???Thanks a bunch!!!

#5456 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I've noticed on my STLE that sometimes the shoot again insert flashes green instead of orange.
Is this a feature of the game or is the RGB led maybe faulty?

When the LEDs show a strange color it has always been a loose connector on my prem.

#5457 7 years ago

For a Stern Star Trek Premium, what are you guys using for replacement rubber colors on the posts and flippers. Quick look on my game shows black is installed from the factory. Thinking blue on slings and posts and red on flippers maybe? Thoughts?

Also while I was looking at the Titan rubber data base 2 users had shown 2 x 3/4" rings while the manual shows 1 and 18 x 7/16" OD rings while the manual shows 17. Any idea whose correct - the users or the manual? Not that it's a big deal to order a new extras but curious.

#5458 7 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

For a Stern Star Trek Premium, what are you guys using for replacement rubber colors on the posts and flippers. Quick look on my game shows black is installed from the factory. Thinking blue on slings and posts and red on flippers maybe? Thoughts?

I used orange titans on the slings. They look great.

#5459 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I used orange titans on the slings. They look great.

Orange? That wasn't even on my radar. post a pic?

#5460 7 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

Orange? That wasn't even on my radar. post a pic?

Here is a link. I posted it previously in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only?tu=nokoro#post-2546353

I think the orange looks pretty good with the colors of the playfield in that location.

#5461 7 years ago

I went with blue lower flippers and still using original black on the slings. I'm going.to replace them with blue for now.

#5462 7 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

Also while I was looking at the Titan rubber data base 2 users had shown 2 x 3/4" rings while the manual shows 1 and 18 x 7/16" OD rings while the manual shows 17. Any idea whose correct - the users or the manual? Not that it's a big deal to order a new extras but curious.

Hey Bonanza,

I went with the poly rings from cointaker: http://cointaker.com/products/star-trek-polyurethane-rubber-ring-kit-36-pcs. I found them to be very active in bouncing the ball back on the posts. I went with all blue and I think it looks pretty sharp.

Regards,
Jay

20160807_142456_(resized).jpg20160807_142456_(resized).jpg

#5463 7 years ago
Quoted from jaystile:

Hey Bonanza,
I went with the poly rings from cointaker: http://cointaker.com/products/star-trek-polyurethane-rubber-ring-kit-36-pcs. I found them to be very active in bouncing the ball back on the posts. I went with all blue and I think it looks pretty sharp.
Regards,
Jay

Oh they do look nice, now you need the clear plastic washers for your slings, those metal ones really detract from the plastics. Those are the first things to go on my games.

#5464 7 years ago

So tonight on my Star Trek LE, on my first ball I'm sitting at 420 million...only to end the game at 474 million...I didn't even beat my grand champ score...

This is what I love about pinball. On the first ball, I'm like the pinball champ...the next balls, it's like I'm playing with 2 left hands.

#5465 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

So tonight on my Star Trek LE, on my first ball I'm sitting at 420 million...only to end the game at 474 million...I didn't even beat my grand champ score...
This is what I love about pinball. On the first ball, I'm like the pinball champ...the next balls, it's like I'm playing with 2 left hands.

Yup that's pinball.

#5466 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Yep. You never know when that good or bad ball is going to come. I almost always score over 100M on Star Trek, and yet when I played the game at league, I scored less than 10M.

#5467 7 years ago

Is there anyone that can help me. All The flippers in the Sttng do not work. I put new flipper Optos Great Lakes and a new fliptronics board from rotten-dog. I even rebuilt the flippers. I went into the test section. When I manually move the flippers the switch goes off but when I push the flipper button nothing happens. Please help me. Thank you

#5468 7 years ago
Quoted from moonwk:

Is there anyone that can help me. All The flippers in the Sttng do not work. I put new flipper Optos Great Lakes and a new fliptronics board from rotten-dog. I even rebuilt the flippers. I went into the test section. When I manually move the flippers the switch goes off but when I push the flipper button nothing happens. Please help me. Thank you

Sounds like a fuse to me.

#5469 7 years ago

I thought the same but The fliptronic fuses are fine. All the other fuses are fine as well

#5470 7 years ago

I found the problem. Previous owner did terrible splice job on the wires. I fixed it and now game plays fine

#5471 7 years ago

Finally joining the club. Expecting delivery of Star Trek Pro tomorrow. ?

#5472 7 years ago
Quoted from minishark:

Finally joining the club. Expecting delivery of Star Trek Pro tomorrow. ?

Welcome, I have a Pro also.

#5473 7 years ago

You new stern owners need to visit the comprehensive mod list page:
http://pinball-mods.com/blogs/?p=549

#5474 7 years ago

Ha! I visited that list when I got my ST Pro. Damn page cost me like $1000...

#5475 7 years ago

The new Star Trek Pro just arrived.

20160813_134456_(resized).jpg20160813_134456_(resized).jpg

#5476 7 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Ha! I visited that list when I got my ST Pro. Damn page cost me like $1000...

Sorry! Ok... not really. You didn't haveta buy that stuff.

#5477 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

says the crack dealer

Love my mods by the way

#5478 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Didn't have to but it was all sooooo cool!!! I still need to wire a couple of the ships too.

#5479 7 years ago

To Shake or Not to Shake?

ST:Premium, does a shaker add much to the experience?

#5480 7 years ago
Quoted from rbissett:

Absolutely! Especially when you're battling the Vengeance which is pretty much throughout the game.

#5481 7 years ago
Quoted from rbissett:

shake.

#5482 7 years ago

could never go back to no shake

#5483 7 years ago

Unless you have a BIG ass sub under the game.

#5484 7 years ago
Quoted from rbissett:

Absolutely! Gives you the feel of what it might feel like to be in a Starship in battle!Really worth it!!

#5485 7 years ago
Quoted from rbissett:

YES! Simple install. All the holes are already drilled. Screw it in and plug it up. $99 upgrade!
20 minutes if you are really slow and careful.

#5486 7 years ago

Shake it up it is!! Fellow pinsider and FSPA league mate has one. Gonna get installed this Friday

Side note.. very interesting to run into folks you met IRL here on Pinside by another name. Could have had this installed by now if I had been able to put 2 and 2 together

#5487 7 years ago

Pretty good stuck ball tonight...

IMG_20160815_205946_(resized).jpgIMG_20160815_205946_(resized).jpg

#5489 7 years ago

Yikes! That's a neat LE / Premium only problem.

#5490 7 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Yikes! That's a neat LE / Premium only problem

It was during a multi ball, think I got two balls in the vuk at once.

#5491 7 years ago

Finally got this yesterday
20160816_114414_(resized).jpg20160816_114414_(resized).jpg20160816_222311_(resized).jpg20160816_222311_(resized).jpg

#5492 7 years ago

A brand new, red hand cart! Nice.

#5493 7 years ago

Let the modding begin!

#5494 7 years ago

Quick STTNG question. I've searched around for updated info, but not sure if there's a new solution for LEDs in the shield GI.

I just picked up my machine yesterday (woohoo!) and the only complaint I have is that the LEDs in the shield flicker wildly when dimmed during play. Any other solutions apart from switching back to incandescent or running an OCD GI board? Would 1k resisters across the sockets work, or does it require a more complex smoothing cap of some sort?

Thanks!

#5495 7 years ago

Did you turn off dimming in settings? You have to do that unless you get the ocd board.

#5496 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Did you turn off dimming in settings? You have to do that unless you get the ocd board.

I'll give that a try, thanks! Guess "non-ghosting" LEDs don't solve this problem.

#5497 7 years ago
Quoted from rbissett:

Its Shaking and I LOVE IT

Thanks for the good advice, everything was predrilled including the pilot holes for the pcb.... almost like it was made to have one

#5498 7 years ago
Quoted from rbissett:

almost like it was made to have one

It was.

#5499 7 years ago

I just got back from a Star Trek Vacation... and finally uploaded my pictures:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/52968060@N00/sets/72157672693024886/

Check out many of your star trek actors if you missed the Vegas convention. #STLV50

#5500 7 years ago

ZITT man … those pictures are EPIC! Thanks for sharing!! Jealous!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.99
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/110?hl=kellerdj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.