PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 217.
#501 10 years ago

I know the captain's not a big fan of this title but check out a gamplay video of the new Stern Star Trek with someone that can actually play. Can't wait for my LE!

#503 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I know the captain's not a big fan of this title but check out a gamplay video of the new Stern Star Trek with someone that can actually play. Can't wait for my LE!

Haha, its ok Thanks for sharing. Its great to see a gameplay. I may never own one. But I do want to play one in the wild. So in a way I will be spending some money on it haha

#504 10 years ago

Question for you guys... Thinking about getting a Shaker for ST:TNG. Is Pinbits the best one? -http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=281

As well, anyone put Mirror Blades on? Enough clearance for the ST:TNG?

1 week later
#505 10 years ago

Hey all - modding/restoring my TNG and am
Uncertain about how to remove the old shield insert plastics to replace with new ones... They're glued in there tight and I'm worried about how to cleanly
Remove and replace - any suggestions?

Thanks,
Strange Noob Worlds

#506 10 years ago

I may be wrong, so hopefully someone will confirm. I think you need to cut them out and clean it out with a router or Dremel. Then the new inserts are glued back in. But, that's just my guess.

#507 10 years ago
Quoted from Milano:

Uncertain about how to remove the old shield insert plastics to replace with new ones... They're glued in there tight and I'm worried about how to cleanly
Remove and replace - any suggestions?

I've never done it but I've read that you need to heat the old insert with a heat gun to soften the glue. You can then tap out the old insert with a hammer. Just search for it in the forum and it will be there - somewhere!

#509 10 years ago

I have a Red Shirt, can I be in the club?

Thanks in Advance.

Robert red_star_trek_uniform_l.jpgred_star_trek_uniform_l.jpg

#510 10 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I have a Red Shirt, can I be in the club?

Thanks in Advance.

Sure why not, Most red shirts die at the end of the episode anyway haha, lol

Quoted from Jags:

I've never done it but I've read that you need to heat the old insert with a heat gun to soften the glue. You can then tap out the old insert with a hammer. Just search for it in the forum and it will be there - somewhere!

Ahh yes, that sounds logical rather than forcing it out. But I would assume a Dremel would still be helpful to clean up any hard glue left behind.

#511 10 years ago

I now have a Stern Trek in my kitchen.

WELCOME TO THE CLUB, ME!

#512 10 years ago
Quoted from Ilthuain:

I now have a Stern Trek in my kitchen.

WELCOME TO THE CLUB, ME!

Woot! Congrats... How do you like your new S:ST. Is it also your kitchen table?

#513 10 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Sure why not, Most red shirts die at the end of the episode anyway haha, lol

Ahh yes, that sounds logical rather than forcing it out. But I would assume a Dremel would still be helpful to clean up any hard glue left behind.

Thanks for the thoughtful replies - if I find
Additional info I will share and I intend to report on how the
Installation goes...

#514 10 years ago

Woot! Congrats... How do you like your new S:ST. Is it also your kitchen table?

I love it! The flow is buttery smooth and the code is very playable for this early after release. We did have to get rid of our old table, but playing pinball is more fun than playing table, so the choice was easy.

I'm trying to figure out ways to make the mechanical operations less noisy so I don't bother my neighbors as much. We ordered a rug to put beneath the feet and I was thinking of throwing some blankets or something in the box so it doesn't echo so much.

#515 10 years ago

TNG + STLE (on order)

#516 10 years ago
Quoted from Ilthuain:

I'm trying to figure out ways to make the mechanical operations less noisy so I don't bother my neighbors as much.

Pretty much a losing proposition. If the noise bothers them, there are two practical solutions:

1) Invite them over to play.
2) Help them move.

#517 10 years ago

I feel much better now about the cost of the Stern Star Trek LE after seeing this QMX Star Trek 2009 Enterprise Artisan Replica which sells for $6,995.00. It's a nice model and would make one hell of a topper but I would rather have the pinball.
https://store.qmxonline.com/Star-Trek-2009-Enterprise-Artisan-Replica_p_147.html

#518 10 years ago

She is just a beautiful star ship!!

#519 10 years ago
Quoted from Ilthuain:

I love it! The flow is buttery smooth and the code is very playable for this early after release. We did have to get rid of our old table, but playing pinball is more fun than playing table, so the choice was easy.

I'm trying to figure out ways to make the mechanical operations less noisy so I don't bother my neighbors as much. We ordered a rug to put beneath the feet and I was thinking of throwing some blankets or something in the box so it doesn't echo so much.

You could build a mini (1) pin arcade "room" in your kitchen. Some 2x4's, drywall and foam lol. Think about how cool that would be. You would walk in and be 100% zoned into the game. You could install a ventilation system. Add lights to the walls tapped into the GI. May be onto something here. The first apartment complex soundproof kitchen pinball arcade experience.

#520 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

TNG + STLE (on order)

Woot! Congrats my fellow "Trekkie"

Quoted from SaminVA:

I feel much better now about the cost of the Stern Star Trek LE after seeing this QMX Star Trek 2009 Enterprise Artisan Replica which sells for $6,995.00. It's a nice model and would make one hell of a topper but I would rather have the pinball.

wow! $7k? But what a beautiful ship. If it was $1k I would consider buying it. lol

#521 10 years ago

Just putting it out there.

- I bought an NIB STTNG in 93..
- STTNG is the most complete game ever made. It has everything you could want from a pinball. Best combo sequence, great modes, rewarding yet score balanced multipliers, duel cannons that work, great ramps, great flow, great sound, good video mode, great wizard mode, great looking. This game imo is the epitome of pinball. (TAF is up there as well).

#522 10 years ago

I have a STTNG on the way, cant wait

#523 10 years ago

Woot Congrats

#524 10 years ago

this is one bad ass "members only " club here, we should all get on our cycles and head on over to the other clubs and force them to respect us

#525 10 years ago
Quoted from flipperG:

this is one bad ass "members only " club here, we should all get on our cycles and head on over to the other clubs and force them to respect us

I joined to see blood ... BLOOD!!

#526 10 years ago

I just started a full shop job on my STTNG last night. OMG there's a lot to pull off this thing! While I wait for parts to tumble and new ramps to arrive, are there any "must do" things i should be aware of?

#527 10 years ago

My ST arrived this morning! Set it up and played a few games. LOVE IT. Amazing flow and speed. Can't wait to get home and play again.

Marc

#528 10 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

I just started a full shop job on my STTNG last night. OMG there's a lot to pull off this thing! While I wait for parts to tumble and new ramps to arrive, are there any "must do" things i should be aware of?

I just restored the HOU one I purchased. I replaced the trough photo boards with Great Lakes Modular one's, if you don't have them you may want to add it for ~$60.00. Also the tie back cable..see Lloyd's explanation on coil wires for STTNG. I would recommend pulling the subway system off and cleaning it, check it for pits cracks etc. I cleaned all my photo transistors under the playfield, fixed bad solder joints as necessary on them. I spent extra time on the sensor's just to ensure I wouldn't have problems they can be a pain to debug. Not sure if I forgot any other maintenance things, the rest of a shop or restore depends on how far you want to go. I spent a lot of time on mine but I'm super happy with it.

I added the colorDMD mod which is sweet I highly recommend it if you don't have it. I have a number of other's I've added. There's a couple of good lists of STTNG mods on the forums.

#529 10 years ago

Ive already added a color DMD, easily the best mod ever! I havent had any problems with my opto board yet, is it a must replace like a 40 pin on a sys 7? The subway comes off tonight. Im lucky that it appears to be fully intact.
Any thoughts on flipper coil strength? I bought the stronger pre-production coils for all three flippers. Anyone install these on theirs?

#530 10 years ago

Received my Stern Star Trek Pro yesterday. Add me to the club!

#531 10 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

I havent had any problems with my opto board yet, is it a must replace like a 40 pin on a sys 7? The subway comes off tonight. Im lucky that it appears to be fully intact.

It's probably not a bad idea, not a absolute necessity but from what I read that's a fairly consistent area of problems. The new board is very well designed. Here is a link you can check it out.
http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/products/pinball/dcs_tr.html
http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/products/pinball/dcs_tt.html

Any thoughts on flipper coil strength? I bought the stronger pre-production coils for all three flippers. Anyone install these on theirs?

I rebuild all three of mine, I'm not sure if mine are pre-production coils or not guess I'll look that up. But they are perfect right now so either way I'm leaving them.

Cheers

#532 10 years ago

Thanks Mantra ill check out the opto board. Time to roll up the sleeves and start turning screwdrivers.

#533 10 years ago

I added the laser sights. They are neat, but more for cool factor than functionality IMO.

#534 10 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

are there any "must do" things i should be aware of?

Check the wiring going to the cannons .They could Need to be repaired or replaced they go bad and cause problems with the cannon not always registering that there is a ball in the cannon , or cannon won't fire sometimes.

#535 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Check the wiring going to the cannons .They could Need to be repaired or replaced they go bad and cause problems with the cannon not always registering that there is a ball in the cannon , or cannon won't fire sometimes.

Thanks, wire looms look to have been replaced by a PO and look good. I added some color changers underneath all three ramps and in the jets last night. I think it looks pretty good, the alpha ramp always seemed a little dark to me.

#536 10 years ago

just put my deposit down on my star trek LE ..... is it normal to want to hurl after putting down a deposit? lol

#537 10 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

just put my deposit down on my Star Trek LE ..... is it normal to want to hurl after putting down a deposit? lol

lol It is normal.

#538 10 years ago

How did you put color changers under all 3 ramps? Did you have to add to the GI? I thought the only ramp w/ a light was the Delta?

#539 10 years ago
Quoted from bailorgana:

How did you put color changers under all 3 ramps? Did you have to add to the GI? I thought the only ramp w/ a light was the Delta?

I added lamps, was pretty easy, ill load pics when im done.

BTW, does anyone remember where i put my neutral zone cliffy? I remember putting it down somewhere...
image.jpgimage.jpg

#540 10 years ago

I personally had no ill fillings doing the deposit on my LE...
The sickness came when I had the bank draw out the balance on my checking account.

#541 10 years ago

funny-haircut-Star-Trek.jpgfunny-haircut-Star-Trek.jpg
#542 10 years ago

Hey, that's my haircut too

#543 10 years ago

I don't look like any of them...I guess I can't be in the club, even though I have a T-Shirt.

Star Trek Red Shirt.jpgStar Trek Red Shirt.jpg

#544 10 years ago

Since the lady of the house doesn't seem to care that I just got Final Frontier in TNG I figure I say it in the club. WOOT! Such a eye bulging, blood pumping experience. Its been months since I got it. I need to make it a goal to get it more often lol

Also good news, After a MONTH! My Star Trek 25th will be delivered next Sat

#545 10 years ago

funny-haircut-Star-Trek.jpg 77 KB

Crap, I just noticed. When did you go from 3 games to 9??

#546 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Crap, I just noticed. When did you go from 3 games to 9??

LOL, Since I got stung by the Pinball Queen Bee. Yeah, 9 pins in 1-year is crazy. But every day I learn something new. These 12 months I have learned how to do so much. All thanks to friends and pinside and pinside friends. Thank you all for this wonderful addiction. lol

#547 10 years ago

I am soooo happy right now Love the new ColorDMD

cdmd.jpg 193 KB

Where did you get the curved plastics for the screen... That looks so much better than the ones on the machine I just scored...

Cheers,

Andy

#548 10 years ago
Quoted from adavison17:

Where did you get the curved plastics for the screen... That looks so much better than the ones on the machine I just scored...
Cheers,
Andy

That is stock. Yours should look like that too. They all do, unless the person you bought it from sold it separately to make more money then put a stern one or something on yours before he gave it to you. But that would have been a douche move. Those are hard to come by now, good luck finding one.

#549 10 years ago

The DS9 ep is on when they go back in time to the original Enterprise. Man I had forgotten about this ep I have only seen it once before but I think it is my favorite ep of DS9.

#550 10 years ago

Tomorrow my Star Trek 25th will be delivered. After about a month of waiting for it lol. Very excited

ThatsMoreLikeIt.gifThatsMoreLikeIt.gif

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

arcade-cabinets.com

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 217.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.